Building your own ROM

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
hi buddys i started to build cm7 for g300 and i get this error:
Code:
Copy: out/target/product/u8815/system/lib/libril.so
target Executable: rild (out/target/product/u8815/obj/EXECUTABLES/rild_intermediates/LINKED/rild)
prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-eabi-4.4.3/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-eabi/4.4.3/../../../../arm-eabi/bin/ld: out/target/product/u8815/obj/EXECUTABLES/rild_intermediates/rild.o: in function s_rilEnv:rild.c(.data.rel+0x4): error: undefined reference to 'RIL_onUnsolicitedResponse'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [out/target/product/u8815/obj/EXECUTABLES/rild_intermediates/LINKED/rild] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
i hope someone can help me.

You can use prebuilt ril libs, and go to the rild folder and rename android.mk to android.mk~ that's a quick and dirty way. Id wait for someone else to chime in though

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Android Central Forums

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Pulled in a frameworks_base repo from CM and so fare everything tests out great and is fully working. The CM Team added IHO code for VM support the only thing that was missing was a little something of AudioSystem.h which is an easy fix.

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Setting up a new repo that should replace the out dated IHO repo, but at a lose as to what to name it o_O, but I digress.

So anyways about three days ago I pulled in a full CyanogenMod repo save the devices and my own recovery repo and built it and everything works like it should that then some. It is going to take my about two days to make the changes need to some of the ".mk" files so that anyone who pulls in the repo will have a clean build, and most of the changes are to simply remove that which does not have to do with our phones. and so that right info is present in the build.prop.

EDIT: Not going to add the FastCharge Widget for the reason that that out of the 5 custom GB kernel's only 2 or 3 have FastCharge built-in.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Full CyanogenMod repo with changes needed for our phone git repo is here. I did not update the kernel or the wireless drivers, that can be done by the individual after repo sync.

To repo sync
Code:
repo init -u https://github.com/SuperiorIrkenOrgans/android.git -b gingerbread

Also updated the prebuilt Superuser.apk to v3.1.3 (46) and the su binary to v3.1.1 (17); the su binary is prebuilt since there is a flaw in the build that it does not remember anything.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Full CyanogenMod repo with changes needed for our phone git repo is here. I did not update the kernel or the wireless drivers, that can be done by the individual after repo sync.

To repo sync
Code:
repo init -u https://github.com/SuperiorIrkenOrgans/android.git -b gingerbread

Also updated the prebuilt Superuser.apk to v3.1.3 (46) and the su binary to v3.1.1 (17); the su binary is prebuilt since it cannot be built with the gingerbread branch.

Might want to update the kernel... The old iho kernel doesn't work with the Hitachi screens

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ firmware

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Thought about it and what seems the best choice is to let the individual pick the kernel they wish to use, what I may do is remove the kernels and that they would be forced to pick one. The reason for this is that kernel development over the last year has taken off going from two to I think five or six now (counting my own).

Did you notice the name I picked, your idea was just to nerdy to pass up?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Thought about it and what seems the best choice is to let the individual pick the kernel they wish to use, what I may do is remove the kernels and that they would be forced to pick one. The reason for this is that kernel development over the last year has taken off going from two to I think five or six now (counting my own).

Did you notice the name I picked, your idea was just to nerdy to pass up?

Yep I saw that you went with my name idea :D long live Zim! Lol

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Yep I saw that you went with my name idea :D long live Zim! Lol

I just updated the kernel for both the VM670 and LS670 using the my kernel build, just to make things easier for people. I'll be posting a thread announcing the pure CyanogenMod7 for our phones a little later today.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I just updated the kernel for both the VM670 and LS670 using the my kernel build, just to make things easier for people. I'll be posting a thread announcing the pure CyanogenMod7 for our phones a little later today.

Did you see the post in kravens cm7 thread where he found the libs needed to use the ls670 .35 kernel in cm7. Not sure there would be any advantage but that's a true gb kernel.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Did you see the post in kravens cm7 thread where he found the libs needed to use the ls670 .35 kernel in cm7. Not sure there would be any advantage but that's a true gb kernel.

My kernel is uses mrg666 kernel as the base, but if you look through my commits on git you well notice a lot of .35 ports and ports from 3.0.8 kernel.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
My kernel is uses mrg666 kernel as the base, but if you look through my commits on git you well notice a lot of .35 ports and ports from 3.0.8 kernel.

Well. like I said I wasn't sure there would be advantage to it.... Your kernel works great, I use your rom + kernel as my fallback when I tire of playing with cm9-10 :)

TheKyro

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I am trying to compile my first IHO build but I am having compil error on 2 java files:
Code:
packages/apps/Contacts/src/com/android/contacts/model/EntityModifier.java:474: cannot find symbol
symbol  : variable SIP_ADDRESS
location: class android.provider.ContactsContract.Intents.Insert
        final boolean hasSipAddress = extras.containsKey(Insert.SIP_ADDRESS);
                                                               ^
packages/apps/Contacts/src/com/android/contacts/model/EntityModifier.java:479: cannot find symbol
            final String sipAddress = extras.getString(Insert.SIP_ADDRESS);
                                                             ^
packages/apps/Contacts/src/com/android/contacts/RecentCallsListActivity.java:1307: cannot find symbol
                intent.putExtra(Insert.SIP_ADDRESS, number);
                                      ^
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
3 errors
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/Contacts_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41

Has any of you an idea of what I do wrong?
(I don't know if it matters but when I installed the android SDK, I only selected 2.3.3 API, because I nly want to build gingerbread...)

Thanks,

Kyri?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I am trying to compile my first IHO build but I am having compil error on 2 java files:
Code:
packages/apps/Contacts/src/com/android/contacts/model/EntityModifier.java:474: cannot find symbol
                                                               ^
packages/apps/Contacts/src/com/android/contacts/model/EntityModifier.java:479: cannot find symbol
                                                             ^
packages/apps/Contacts/src/com/android/contacts/RecentCallsListActivity.java:1307: cannot find symbol
                                      ^
3 errors
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/Contacts_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41

(I don't know if it matters but when I installed the android SDK, I only selected 2.3.3 API, because I nly want to build gingerbread...)

Thanks,

Kyri?

You should try with the new SIO repo EarthnFire78 setup yesterday. It's newer code

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Code:
                                                               ^
                                                             ^
                                      ^
3 errors

Thanks,

Kyri?

The IHO repository does not use the frameworks_base from CyanogenMod and that is what is causing the error that you are seeing, and the IHO repo should not be used anymore for Gingerbread builds. I have setup a more up to date one that pretty much is a 100% CyanogenMod-7 with support for our device ported over.

The thread is right here.

Hahaha thanks thewraith420

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I need to revive my old build box named zim just so I can run a superirkenorgans build off it. It'll take longer than my current box, but it'll be fun

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had my Optimus for years now. I wonder what basketbuild build bot would do to a rom for the Optimus!

Anyone know a comparable build time for the Optimus if I can build Galaxy Nexus roms in 15 mins?

I might stick my head in and build something. Or try it just for fun. That was the best community I've ever been a part of... :)

/reminiscing :):)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante