Building your own ROM

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
Okay. This thread has formally been succeeded by two things:

1.) The wiki entry located here.
2.) The porting IHO to a different Optimus phone thread on XDA.

Like the official thread dev threads the move to the wiki is designed to encourage people to develop a single reference where usable build instructions can be found instead of spreading it out through a lengthy forum thread. As usual I'd like to request that any significant changes to the wiki be coordinated with Centinel.

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Edit: I cleaned up this post to make it easier to understand. It now includes all of Blarf's recomendations for a simpler cleaner build process, thanks Blarf!

@Blarf: I'm a noob at repo, git, and compiling Android, so I really appreciate your efforts to help people learn how to build from source.

Here's what you need to do to use Wubi on a Windows 7 computer to build the InferiorHumanOrgans repository and create your own ROM.

1) Download and install the Wubi installer for Ubuntu, this will partition your hdd (virtual partition), and install Ubuntu10.xx in the new partition. It does it all automatically, so you don't have to follow any arcane instructions. Just be sure you choose 64bit, I don't know if you can compile Android on 32bit installs.

2) Boot into Ubuntu and open the package manager, and update everything

3) Install the Java6 JDK (6 is required for gingerbread builds)

4) Install the Android SDK, I highly recommend installing it to ~/android for ease of use, eclipse is optional

5) Using terminal, install and update all required packages, you can use the package manager, I use sudo apt-get install <package_name_here>, you need these packages:
Code:
sudo apt-get install git-core gnupg flex bison gperf libsdl1.2-dev libesd0-dev libwxgtk2.6-dev squashfs-tools build-essential zip curl libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev sun-java6-jdk pngcrush schedtool

6) Install the required 64bit packages the same way, you need these packages:
Code:
sudo apt-get install g++-multilib lib32z1-dev lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline5-dev

7) If you use Ubuntu10.xx, you need to add this repository:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ maverick partner"

8) In terminal, make necessary folders for your build environment:
Code:
mkdir -p ~/bin
mkdir -p ~/android/system

9) Setup repo (note- you may need to reboot after chmod the repo file, to insure it sticks)
Note- repo is the program that will download the needed files to your computer
Code:
sudo curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > /bin/repo 
chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

10) Now we need to initialize repo to grab the InferiorHumanOrgans Gingerbread branch:
Code:
cd ~/android/system/ 
repo init -u git://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android.git -b gingerbread
repo sync -j16

11) Final setup of build environment, be sure that you have a space after the period and before build:
Code:
. build/envsetup.sh

12) Run lunch and select VM670

13) Run make -j2 bacon

Once it finished compiling (about an hour later), there was a beautiful zip file in ~/android/system/out/target/product/thunderc with an accompanying md5 checksum. I used adb to push it to my phone's sdcard, booted into recovery, made a nandroid backup, wiped cache, wiped dalvik cache, formated boot, system, data, and cache, then flashed my new zip file, and gapps. Rebooted the phone, and I'm now running on my first build.

Last edited:

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
Only init with the one repository you want to track, and, yes, even with the IHO stuff you should use the gingerbread branch. You only really need to sync once unless there are a bunch of changes being committed while you're syncing the first time... and syncing with the CM repo first will leave you with a bunch of junk you don't need, slowing down the build and download process.

You don't need to reboot after chmod.

You don't need ROM Manager as it won't be included by the IHO config files. It's useless until someone puts a ROM up for Koush to include in his manifest. I'd rather have the live wallpaper than ROM Manager, so.

And I would consider running make bacon instead of make otapackage because it looks like a bit more optimization may be done this way. If you pass -jN where N is a number to make it'll run that many processes in parallel. The CM guys recommend one per virtual core (hyperthreading and all that), but I'd say even one per core (ex: -j2 on a dual core machine) should be plenty.

Post your ROM. As I've said I've no interest (for now) in pushing out binary ROMs, especially as it looks like most people want lighter weight ones.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tips to clean up my process, I edited the above post directing them to your response.

I discussed it with KermikalElite, and I agree that if this is a CM port, it should remain as close to CM source as possible, so we both think everything you have in here should stay. Except for FM radio till you have it working, otherwise it will confuse people having it there. There is already a bloatware removal script, so people can use something like that if they want a slimed down installation.

Reactions: PatrickAkridge

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
blarf, maybe this is the wrong place to ask this, but under your profile i see a ROM that i've never heard of before. is this something you personally created?

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Ah that makes sense. Wish I was a little better at this and could be of help. Lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I guess I have to cross Optimus V off my list of phones that will most likely never get a "build your own AOSP rom" thread.

I would have posted a VM670 build hours ago but my linux install is broken again. To make my luck even worse the ubuntu installer keeps crashing. I'm going to blindly blame Microsoft Windows for no reason just because it's on my computer. (Whenever you're having a bad day it's always a good idea to blame Windows because with it being the most popular OS, it also brings us crashing, instability, and viruses. Thanks :)

On a brighter note, stop and think about how we've had multiple builds of CyanogenMod; The world's most popular custom Android distribution - on our Optimus V. That's pretty good development progress for a prepaid budget phone.

I wish I could get building. I can't wait to try out the new kernel and separate lockscreen wallpaper feature!

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
BTW, Jerry's step ten... you /only/ need to initialize and sync with the IHO repository. But you /do/ need to specify the gingerbread branch.

rb64

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I tried building, and got the same error as JerryScript did a couple
of days ago. I wonder what he did to fix it.

I removed the ../vendor/lge/thunderc/proprietary tree, and did a repo sync.
The proprietary tree was recreated. But still got that error.
I also tried copying the entire system folder from stock 2.2.2 to the
proprietary area with no luck.

target Strip: resize2fs (out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/resize2fs_intermediates/resize2fs)
Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/bin/resize2fs
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/lge/thunderc/proprietary/system/bin/rild', needed by `out/target/product/thunderc/system/bin/rild'. Stop.

Last edited:

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
Reinitialize and then resync the repo.

Jerry copied all the blobs over by hand, but I finally gave in and included them by default.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I copied the files to the proprietary folder.

Just to be sure, I deleted all files when I did this, to clean up my build environment. After fresh syncing, I moved the system files to the vendor.../.../proprietary file.

I got the files from the Stock Rooted and Optimized thread, I just copied the entire system folder over, brut force is ugly but it gets the job done. ;)

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay, much earlier today I powered on my build computer and after the grub bootloader screen linux tried to load but the system just stopped at a black screen.

I thought that a hard shutdown or bad updates may broken my install. At first I didn't believe it was much of an issue because this wasn't the first time I had damaged ubuntu. I would just use my startup usb drive to run the "upgrade 11.04" and reinstall the system files while keeping my /home directory intact.

So I loaded my pen drive which I used about two weeks ago to install ubuntu 11.04 x64. Once I got to the first screen of the gui install process I click next and the installer just hangs there and never continues. That just doesn't make sense because this the same exact install media I used two weeks ago without any issues.

I rebooted into Windows and checked the md5 on the download and it was a negative match. I proceeded to download another image and write that to my usb. This time it hangs at the boot splash screen.

Now I go back into Windows again to check the community documentation and learn that there is an issue with the sandisk u3 bloatware. I formatted the drive to remove that and it still doesn't help the problem. I tried using my 1 tb ext hdd and still had the same outcome.

Next I downloaded a third ubuntu image and burned it to a DVD. This was a last resort seeing as my DVD drive sounds like a broken floppy disk drive attached to a chainsaw. This last time the install gui hangs after clicking next for the first time. (Same as the first attempt)

So with that much bad luck I think the only way I can build android again would be through either virtualization or wubi (both of which I dislike).
I can't believe it. I've never had this many problems at once with linux on a desktop computer.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
first and foremost:
I want to say thanks to blarf for this informative thread, it's harder than it should be to find clean build info and this is a nice addition to what's out there.
Thanks!

@KemikalElite:
you might try a live ubuntu on your pen drive instead of just the installer, I had better luck that way when there was still a micro$oft install on my hard drive. hate glitchy installers, good luck!

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at the original android source and been staring at the extract-files.sh that they use for the passion. Although this would have to be updated for our device how would we implement this into the source code. Seems like it would be a good thing. A

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Copyright (C) 2010 The Android Open Source Project
#
# Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
# you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
# You may obtain a copy of the License at
#
#      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
#
# Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
# distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
# WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
# See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
# limitations under the License.

# This file is generated by device/common/generate-blob-scripts.sh - DO NOT EDIT

DEVICE=passion
MANUFACTURER=htc

mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary
adb pull /system/bin/akmd ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/akmd
chmod 755 ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/akmd
adb pull /system/bin/mm-venc-omx-test ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/mm-venc-omx-test
chmod 755 ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/mm-venc-omx-test
adb pull /system/bin/parse_radio_log ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/parse_radio_log
chmod 755 ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/parse_radio_log
adb pull /system/etc/AdieHWCodecSetting.csv ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/AdieHWCodecSetting.csv
adb pull /system/etc/AudioBTID.csv ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/AudioBTID.csv
adb pull /system/etc/firmware/bcm4329.hcd ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/bcm4329.hcd
adb pull /system/etc/firmware/default.acdb ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/default.acdb
adb pull /system/etc/firmware/default_att.acdb ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/default_att.acdb
adb pull /system/etc/firmware/default_france.acdb ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/default_france.acdb
adb pull /system/etc/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/yamato_pfp.fw
adb pull /system/etc/firmware/yamato_pm4.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/yamato_pm4.fw
adb pull /system/etc/vpimg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/vpimg
adb pull /system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libEGL_adreno200.so
adb pull /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so
adb pull /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libGLESv2_adreno200.so
adb pull /system/lib/egl/libq3dtools_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libq3dtools_adreno200.so
adb pull /system/lib/libcamera.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libcamera.so
adb pull /system/lib/libgsl.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libgsl.so
adb pull /system/lib/libhtc_acoustic.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libhtc_acoustic.so
adb pull /system/lib/libhtc_ril.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libhtc_ril.so
adb pull /system/lib/libmm-omxcore.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libmm-omxcore.so
adb pull /system/lib/liboemcamera.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/liboemcamera.so
adb pull /system/lib/libOmxCore.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxCore.so
adb pull /system/lib/libOmxVdec.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxVdec.so
adb pull /system/lib/libOmxVidEnc.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxVidEnc.so

(cat << EOF) | sed s/__DEVICE__/$DEVICE/g | sed s/__MANUFACTURER__/$MANUFACTURER/g > ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/device-vendor-blobs.mk
#
#
#

# This file is generated by device/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/extract-files.sh - DO NOT EDIT

# Prebuilt libraries that are needed to build open-source libraries
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES := \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libcamera.so:obj/lib/libcamera.so

# All the blobs necessary for passion
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/akmd:system/bin/akmd \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/mm-venc-omx-test:system/bin/mm-venc-omx-test \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/parse_radio_log:system/bin/parse_radio_log \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/AdieHWCodecSetting.csv:system/etc/AdieHWCodecSetting.csv \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/AudioBTID.csv:system/etc/AudioBTID.csv \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/bcm4329.hcd:system/etc/firmware/bcm4329.hcd \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/default.acdb:system/etc/firmware/default.acdb \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/default_att.acdb:system/etc/firmware/default_att.acdb \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/default_france.acdb:system/etc/firmware/default_france.acdb \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/yamato_pfp.fw:system/etc/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/yamato_pm4.fw:system/etc/firmware/yamato_pm4.fw \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/vpimg:system/etc/vpimg \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libEGL_adreno200.so:system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so:system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libGLESv2_adreno200.so:system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libq3dtools_adreno200.so:system/lib/egl/libq3dtools_adreno200.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libcamera.so:system/lib/libcamera.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libgsl.so:system/lib/libgsl.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libhtc_acoustic.so:system/lib/libhtc_acoustic.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libhtc_ril.so:system/lib/libhtc_ril.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libmm-omxcore.so:system/lib/libmm-omxcore.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/liboemcamera.so:system/lib/liboemcamera.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libOmxCore.so:system/lib/libOmxCore.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libOmxVdec.so:system/lib/libOmxVdec.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libOmxVidEnc.so:system/lib/libOmxVidEnc.so
EOF

./setup-makefiles.sh

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at the original android source and been staring at the extract-files.sh that they use for the passion. Although this would have to be updated for our device how would we implement this into the source code. Seems like it would be a good thing. A

Code:
#!/bin/sh

#
#
#

# This file is generated by device/common/generate-blob-scripts.sh - DO NOT EDIT

DEVICE=passion
MANUFACTURER=htc

mkdir -p ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary
adb pull /system/bin/akmd ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/akmd
chmod 755 ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/akmd
adb pull /system/bin/mm-venc-omx-test ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/mm-venc-omx-test
chmod 755 ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/mm-venc-omx-test
adb pull /system/bin/parse_radio_log ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/parse_radio_log
chmod 755 ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/parse_radio_log
adb pull /system/etc/AdieHWCodecSetting.csv ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/AdieHWCodecSetting.csv
adb pull /system/etc/AudioBTID.csv ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/AudioBTID.csv
adb pull /system/etc/firmware/bcm4329.hcd ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/bcm4329.hcd
adb pull /system/etc/firmware/default.acdb ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/default.acdb
adb pull /system/etc/firmware/default_att.acdb ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/default_att.acdb
adb pull /system/etc/firmware/default_france.acdb ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/default_france.acdb
adb pull /system/etc/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/yamato_pfp.fw
adb pull /system/etc/firmware/yamato_pm4.fw ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/yamato_pm4.fw
adb pull /system/etc/vpimg ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/vpimg
adb pull /system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libEGL_adreno200.so
adb pull /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so
adb pull /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libGLESv2_adreno200.so
adb pull /system/lib/egl/libq3dtools_adreno200.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libq3dtools_adreno200.so
adb pull /system/lib/libcamera.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libcamera.so
adb pull /system/lib/libgsl.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libgsl.so
adb pull /system/lib/libhtc_acoustic.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libhtc_acoustic.so
adb pull /system/lib/libhtc_ril.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libhtc_ril.so
adb pull /system/lib/libmm-omxcore.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libmm-omxcore.so
adb pull /system/lib/liboemcamera.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/liboemcamera.so
adb pull /system/lib/libOmxCore.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxCore.so
adb pull /system/lib/libOmxVdec.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxVdec.so
adb pull /system/lib/libOmxVidEnc.so ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/proprietary/libOmxVidEnc.so

(cat << EOF) | sed s/__DEVICE__/$DEVICE/g | sed s/__MANUFACTURER__/$MANUFACTURER/g > ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/$DEVICE/device-vendor-blobs.mk
#
#
#

# This file is generated by device/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/extract-files.sh - DO NOT EDIT

# Prebuilt libraries that are needed to build open-source libraries
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES := \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libcamera.so:obj/lib/libcamera.so

# All the blobs necessary for passion
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/akmd:system/bin/akmd \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/mm-venc-omx-test:system/bin/mm-venc-omx-test \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/parse_radio_log:system/bin/parse_radio_log \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/AdieHWCodecSetting.csv:system/etc/AdieHWCodecSetting.csv \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/AudioBTID.csv:system/etc/AudioBTID.csv \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/bcm4329.hcd:system/etc/firmware/bcm4329.hcd \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/default.acdb:system/etc/firmware/default.acdb \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/default_att.acdb:system/etc/firmware/default_att.acdb \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/default_france.acdb:system/etc/firmware/default_france.acdb \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/yamato_pfp.fw:system/etc/firmware/yamato_pfp.fw \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/yamato_pm4.fw:system/etc/firmware/yamato_pm4.fw \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/vpimg:system/etc/vpimg \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libEGL_adreno200.so:system/lib/egl/libEGL_adreno200.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so:system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_adreno200.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libGLESv2_adreno200.so:system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_adreno200.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libq3dtools_adreno200.so:system/lib/egl/libq3dtools_adreno200.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libcamera.so:system/lib/libcamera.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libgsl.so:system/lib/libgsl.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libhtc_acoustic.so:system/lib/libhtc_acoustic.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libhtc_ril.so:system/lib/libhtc_ril.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libmm-omxcore.so:system/lib/libmm-omxcore.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/liboemcamera.so:system/lib/liboemcamera.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libOmxCore.so:system/lib/libOmxCore.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libOmxVdec.so:system/lib/libOmxVdec.so \\
    vendor/__MANUFACTURER__/__DEVICE__/proprietary/libOmxVidEnc.so:system/lib/libOmxVidEnc.so
EOF

./setup-makefiles.sh

We get around that step when we copy files from the stock rom over to the vendor's proprietary file. For the latest builds, Blarfie has pulled the blobs into his repository, but LG could ask him to remove them, so keep a backup somewhere if you're syncing from inferiorhumanorgans!

If necessary, we can mod the extract-files.sh to work with the OV's mounts, but as of now we are ok.

rb64

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks blarf and jerryscript.

Deleted entire tree, re-inited, and I get a clean build now. Yay!

My setup is vmware player running ubuntu in a virtual window. Since
both are gratis, I'm surprised more people aren't running builds.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
We get around that step when we copy files from the stock rom over to the vendor's proprietary file. For the latest builds, Blarfie has pulled the blobs into his repository, but LG could ask him to remove them, so keep a backup somewhere if you're syncing from inferiorhumanorgans!

If necessary, we can mod the extract-files.sh to work with the OV's mounts, but as of now we are ok.
I noticed in their script they include some files that are in our phones /system/bin but not in the proprietary folder of the source code. I'm just asking cuz I'm bored today and can't do nothing with none of my roms till they release the 2.2.2 source :( so I was thinking about making the extract-files script.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs