stuck in clockworkmod recovery!!!!!

brian4000

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
ive read all the other threads about this but they dont seem to help, so first of all my phone was using so much power it wouldnt charge unless i turned it off, then i downloaded auto killer app memory or somthing like that and started killing apps. i got a little tired of reading each description so i just clicked liked 10 in a row(stupid) and i killed the app launcher so basically my phone wouldnt wokr at all except for the settings stuff. so after hours of frustration i factory resseted it(stupid) and now its stuck in clockworkmod recovery mode. i downloaded xionia and its on my desktop ready to go but when i plug my phone in i go to documents where my sd card usually is but its not there anymore!! so then i went to devices and printer and that showed 4 iconns related to my phone but they dont do anything related to the sd card and my computer does not have slots for the micro sd card, so im extremely confused and basically want to know ANYWAY how to find my sd card stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
You should have gotten a SD card adapter with your phone, you put your micro inside of it, than fallow one of the many guids on unbricking after factory reset. And do some research before you start just doing stuff,

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
The easiest way to fix it is to find another device you can put your sdcard into in order to put the xionia recovery img file on it, mp3 player, digital camera, usb adapter, etc.

If you don't have a device to do this with, you will have to set up ADB. Download and install the Java JDK from Sun, then download and install the Android SDK. Once it's all installed, press your windows key and either click run and type cmd or in the start menu search box type cmd and press enter. This will open a command prompt window. Now you need to use the cd command to change to the directory android was installed to, default is android-sdk if memory serves me, and then into the platform-tools folder where adb is located.

cd c:/android-sdk/platform-tools

Once in the platform tools folder, be sure you phone is on and hooked up to your PC via usb, then type:

adb shell

Once adb starts running, you should get a $ sign or a # sign, # means you are rooted. Now type exit.

Next you move the xionia recovery img file using adb push:

adb push c:/PATH_TO_FOLDER_XIONIA_IS_IN/NAME_OF_XIONIA_RECOVERY.img /sdcard/NAME_OF_XIONIA_RECOVERY.IMG

Then you enter the adb shell and flash it:

adb shell
flash_image recovery /sdcard/NAME_OF_XIONIA_RECOVERY.img
reboot recovery

This will get you back into a working recovery, and under mounts/storage you can toggle USB storage mode so you can place a ROM file on the sdcard for flashing.

Reactions: brian4000

brian4000

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
The easiest way to fix it is to find another device you can put your sdcard into in order to put the xionia recovery img file on it, mp3 player, digital camera, usb adapter, etc.

If you don't have a device to do this with, you will have to set up ADB. Download and install the Java JDK from Sun, then download and install the Android SDK. Once it's all installed, press your windows key and either click run and type cmd or in the start menu search box type cmd and press enter. This will open a command prompt window. Now you need to use the cd command to change to the directory android was installed to, default is android-sdk if memory serves me, and then into the platform-tools folder where adb is located.

Once in the platform tools folder, be sure you phone is on and hooked up to your PC via usb, then type:

adb shell

Once adb starts running, you should get a $ sign or a # sign, # means you are rooted. Now type exit.

adb push c:/PATH_TO_FOLDER_XIONIA_IS_IN/NAME_OF_XIONIA_RECOVERY.img /sdcard/NAME_OF_XIONIA_RECOVERY.IMG

adb shell
reboot recovery

This will get you back into a working recovery, and under mounts/storage you can toggle USB storage mode so you can place a ROM file on the sdcard for flashing.
thanks im looking for a device right now

brian4000

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

adb shell

adb shell
reboot recovery

sorry i didnt find any devices and those instructions are really confusing, in my devices and printer there are 4 folder called LG mobile phone, LG mobile(modem), LG mobile(NMEA),LG mobile(serial) if that helps any, otherwise could you go just a little slower maybe with links

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Try this, when you are in your recovery, go to "mounts and storage" and select "USB masstorage". While that option is selected, your sdcard should should pop up on your computer. If you press select again, it will remove the drive.

Once you have access to the card, place this on it without unzipping it: Xionia_CWMA_12518.4_VM_Recovery.zip
And then use your recovery's "flash zip" option to flash it. Reboot to see if it worked. Your recovery should be blue now.

brian4000

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Try this, when you are in your recovery, go to "mounts and storage" and select "USB masstorage". While that option is selected, your sdcard should should pop up on your computer. If you press select again, it will remove the drive.

Once you have access to the card, place this on it without unzipping it: Xionia_CWMA_12518.4_VM_Recovery.zip
And then use your recovery's "flash zip" option to flash it. Reboot to see if it worked. Your recovery should be blue now.
a new folder came up called: android sooner single adb interface. but i still dont see the sd card. everything in my mounts and storage is mounted if that helps?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
a new folder came up called: android sooner single adb interface. but i still dont see the sd card. everything in my mounts and storage is mounted if that helps?

Don't bother with the mounts. Select USB storage and then on your computer check "Computer" or "My Computer" That is where the drive will pop up. Not under devices or anywhere else. Remember, don't press back after select USB storage. Wait until you are done transferring the file over before selecting "unmount".

If it doesn't show up under "My computer", try different USB ports.

Reactions: brian4000

brian4000

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Don't bother with the mounts. Select USB storage and then on your computer check "Computer" or "My Computer" That is where the drive will pop up. Not under devices or anywhere else. Remember, don't press back after select USB storage. Wait until you are done transferring the file over before selecting "unmount".

If it doesn't show up under "My computer", try different USB ports.
thank you!!!!! but the screen is blue now so what do i do from there? p.s. thanks and likes go to all your posts

brian4000

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Now wipe data, flash the rom that you want, and enjoy your life. It should no longer be stuck in a boot loop that goes into the recovery.
sorry about the long pause, had to get off the computer. so how do i wipe the data because the buttons arent very functional

brian4000

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Use the camera button to select items when you are in the recovery. Select, wipe data/factory reset.
when i turn it on it is completely unfunctional, the buttons and touching of the screen dont work at all. its a big blue screen that shows:
fastboot mode started
gpio_i2c: invalid khz: 0
bl: i2c write error
udc_start()

and before that it says:
android system recovery...
do not pull out battery!!
formatting data...
formatting cache...
factory reset...
rebooting...

and then it goes to the blue screen?? and the buttons are not functional at all?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
when i turn it on it is completely unfunctional, the buttons and touching of the screen dont work at all. its a big blue screen that shows:
fastboot mode started
gpio_i2c: invalid khz: 0
bl: i2c write error
udc_start()

and before that it says:
android system recovery...
do not pull out battery!!
formatting data...
formatting cache...
factory reset...
rebooting...

and then it goes to the blue screen?? and the buttons are not functional at all?

That is not the recovery. That is the bootloader. Something must have gone wrong with the flash. But all is not lost. Use this http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...astboot-style-fastest-easiest-way-around.html
This will install the stock rom using fastboot, use option 2. Follow the video tutorial if you have problems. You don't have to worry about the part where he gives you steps to do within the rom. That is all to set you up to get to the bootloader (and you are already there). Install the drivers and follow the video from 1 min in. This should fix everything.

brian4000

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
That is not the recovery. That is the bootloader. Something must have gone wrong with the flash. But all is not lost. Use this http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...astboot-style-fastest-easiest-way-around.html
This will install the stock rom using fastboot, use option 2. Follow the video tutorial if you have problems. You don't have to worry about the part where he gives you steps to do within the rom. That is all to set you up to get to the bootloader (and you are already there). Install the drivers and follow the video from 1 min in. This should fix everything.
ive worked on it a little and it seems that it has no driver and needs to get one("update driver") and in that video he goes to options and puts it on but now my phone wont connect to the computer. i installed the drivers but i got to figure out how to put it on??