I've been looking all over the internet and this site but I haven't found a definitive solution to my problem. I just received a brand new LG Optimus V that was already running on CyanogenMod/ClockWorkMod. Unfortunately, I have no way to activate the phone on my Virgin Mobile account since the UI is different, making it pretty impossible to activate it. If anyone can direct me to either proper directions for getting the phone back to the original stock or a way to activate it while still being rooted, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.
    (sorry ahead of time if I really did miss the proper posts for finding the solution)
    07-19-2011 02:25 PM
    Flashing to a froyo rom will give you the ability to use the activate option. Not sure which roms support using clockworkmod but I know that bumblebee does. You could also flash the xionia recovery which supports any and all roms we have available and then flash any froyo rom.
    linzoill likes this.
    07-19-2011 02:27 PM
    Flashing to a froyo rom will give you the ability to use the activate option. Not sure which roms support using clockworkmod but I know that bumblebee does. You could also flash the xionia recovery which supports any and all roms we have available and then flash any froyo rom.
    Thanks for the info. Only thing is I don't know how to do ANY of that. So I need to find a froyo rom on here to get back to my active point. Ok. Gonna search. Still very confused but Thank you
    07-19-2011 02:41 PM
    Thanks for the info. Only thing is I don't know how to do ANY of that. So I need to find a froyo rom on here to get back to my active point. Ok. Gonna search. Still very confused but Thank you
    ok go grab
    romTools which is HERE---->http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-features.html

flash xionia cwma 12518.4 recovery using romtools xionia_cwma_12518.4_virgin.rar

then grab a popular OV rom like:

bumblebee ---> http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...25-2011-a.html

or Harmonia ---> http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/78956-romfa-harmonia-1-3-1-aphrodite-picasticks-16july11-2-2-bits.html

put them in the root of ur sd card use romtools to get into the recovery
    when u get into the recovery u wipe EVERYTHING

select wipe data/cache
    select wipe cache partition (i do it just cause)

go down to the mounts & storage
    select format SYSTEM, DATA, CACHE
    then u press back then go 2 advanced then select wipe dalvik cache

press back select install zip from sdcard

then select choose zip from sd

then select the froyo rom u downloaded sit back & let magic happen when its done go back 2 the reboot system now. (the 1st time flashing a rom may take like 3-5 min 2 load up) but when ur rom loads up hit activate then u should be done
    07-19-2011 03:54 PM
    What he said but wipe system too
    07-19-2011 03:58 PM
    So ##virgin# won't work with cm7? Or just the activate app itself?
    07-19-2011 04:10 PM
    No.
    07-19-2011 04:34 PM
    I tried but it didnt work. I called them and they did their best to help me, but you need to be on the froyo interface to activate the phone. you can do whatever after that, but it needs to be activated first before flashing/rooting... I guess. :/
    07-19-2011 05:56 PM
    ok go grab
    romTools which is HERE---->http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-features.html

flash xionia cwma 12518.4 recovery using romtools xionia_cwma_12518.4_virgin.rar

then grab a popular OV rom like:

bumblebee ---> http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...25-2011-a.html

or Harmonia ---> http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/78956-romfa-harmonia-1-3-1-aphrodite-picasticks-16july11-2-2-bits.html

put them in the root of ur sd card use romtools to get into the recovery
    when u get into the recovery u wipe EVERYTHING

select wipe data/cache
    select wipe cache partition (i do it just cause)

go down to the mounts & storage
    select format SYSTEM, DATA, CACHE
    then u press back then go 2 advanced then select wipe dalvik cache

press back select install zip from sdcard

then select choose zip from sd

then select the froyo rom u downloaded sit back & let magic happen when its done go back 2 the reboot system now. (the 1st time flashing a rom may take like 3-5 min 2 load up) but when ur rom loads up hit activate then u should be done
    THANK YOU SO MUCH. Ok, I'm just a little lost on some parts but I think I'll be able to do it. If I get screwed up or lost, I'll be back. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE HELP
    07-19-2011 05:58 PM
    I wanted to bring my Optimus V back to stock as well, and here is a link I found that worked great for me: How to restore your Optimus V to almost original condition - Prepaid Android

In your case, all you want to do is flashing the stock ROM. Download link is at the bottom.
    07-19-2011 06:34 PM
    IT WORKED. Holy crap this is awesome
    07-19-2011 07:27 PM
    no prob!!!!
    07-19-2011 09:51 PM
    This may sound stupid, but how do Extract the contents of ov-stock-rom.zip to /clockworkmod/backup/ on your SD Card
    01-13-2012 10:21 PM
    By using a file manager. You don't need to unzip anything.
    01-14-2012 09:48 AM
    anyway to recover the msid network number from the original seller in the phone or their phone number as virgin needs it to activate this phone to my account, ive tried contacting seller to no avail, goin back to stock on my cy 7 rom now
    08-13-2012 05:34 PM
    anyway to recover the msid network number from the original seller in the phone or their phone number as virgin needs it to activate this phone to my account, ive tried contacting seller to no avail, goin back to stock on my cy 7 rom now
    More than likely, the original seller sold it because he doesn't know the MSID because he was messing around with stuff or something and screwed it up. Unroot the phone, go to a VM retailer, ask them to activate it. Or call VM's customer support with another phone.
    08-13-2012 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD