09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 9899100101102 ...
tools
    Hiya...went through all those steps, and now I am waiting for it to reboot...been about 20 minutes and it is stuck on the cm7 page and the arrow never spinned around..

I can repeat the process again, but I don't expect different results...

So....what is plan B please?

Thanks
    A few things to try.
    - Make sure you have flashed only the ROM file nothing else (i.e. even skip gapps this time).
    - Check the MD5 sum so that you don't have a corrupt ROM file.
    - Check the SD card on your PC and fix (reformat) if the file system is corrupt or replace it if it can't be fixed. Backup first if you need to reformat the card.
    10-21-2011 05:12 PM
    A few things to try.
    - Make sure you have flashed only the ROM file nothing else (i.e. even skip gapps this time).
    - Check the MD5 sum so that you don't have a corrupt ROM file.
    - Check the SD card on your PC and fix (reformat) if the file system is corrupt or replace it if it can't be fixed. Backup first if you need to reformat the card.
    Hello....I didn't mention a step I took earlier, I had installed your ROM, the GAPPS, and then your theme program. I went through all the steps but left the theme program off, and this time it didn't get stuck and brought me to the home page finally.

I have already encountered an issue with either GAPPS or the ROM (or my brain).

When I try to install the Settings app on the home page (or any page), it forces me to choose a sub-settings button, not the top level button? For instance, I had to install the "manage applications" button, but could not choose "settings"??

Thanks again sir!
    10-21-2011 05:35 PM
    I have updated the MiRaGe ROM with 10212011 build. You can find it in the Wiki.

There were quite a few insignificant updates in the CM repo and I didn't want to accumulate them further. You can easily skip this update if you have the previous one already flashed. The transparency theme was updated as well since framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk have changed (i.e. don't use any previous themes).

Thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, Bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and CM team.
    Hello again,

I haven't ever installed a ROM on top of a ROM... We must have been out of sync by minutes, as I had just downloaded and installed your 10/16 version. So if I want to go to 10/21, do I need to do more than flash it on top of the 10/16 ver?

Thanks
    10-21-2011 05:38 PM
    So if I want to go to 10/21, do I need to do more than flash it on top of the 10/16 ver?
    Do a backup before you wipe or flash anything. Then just wipe cache and dalvik cache. Finally flash the rom. You should be good to go after that.
    10-21-2011 06:20 PM
    Hello....I didn't mention a step I took earlier, I had installed your ROM, the GAPPS, and then your theme program. I went through all the steps but left the theme program off, and this time it didn't get stuck and brought me to the home page finally.
    After flashing the ROM, boot once before flashing anything else. Especially flashing the theme right after ROM before booting once can cause your problem.

Hello again,

I haven't ever installed a ROM on top of a ROM... We must have been out of sync by minutes, as I had just downloaded and installed your 10/16 version. So if I want to go to 10/21, do I need to do more than flash it on top of the 10/16 ver?

Thanks
    Just follow the instructions in the Wiki but skip step 5 when you are flashing the new build of the same ROM. If you are flashing a different ROM, it is better if you do a clean wipe (i.e. apply the step 5).
    10-21-2011 08:11 PM
    This is probably a dumb question that has already been asked and answered, but what are the differences between the Mirage builds and the backside mod from a user point of view?
    10-21-2011 10:08 PM
    Switching recoveries takes about 45 seconds.

1- Download the recovery to your sdcard

2- Open Terminal Emulator (get it from the market if you don't have it)

3- Type in the following, replacing RECOVERY_NAME with the name of the recovery file you downloaded
    Code:
    su
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/RECOVERY_NAME.img
    reboot recovery
    This should install your new recovery, and reboot you into it.
    I gave it a try, and received lots of errors that look like:
    mtd: write error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
    mtd: re-read error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
    sometimes
    mtd: skipping write block at 0x0006e0000
    and eventually
    failed with error: -1

I have Jerryscript version of IMO CM7 (which, by the way, is one great ROM!), and ClockworkMod Recovery. Afterwards to flashed back to ClockworkMod with ROM Manager... Is there a plan b that is also easy?
    10-21-2011 11:34 PM
    This is probably a dumb question that has already been asked and answered, but what are the differences between the Mirage builds and the backside mod from a user point of view?
    The differences are listed on the IHO wiki page:
    https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...rc/wiki/Binary
    10-21-2011 11:58 PM
    I gave it a try, and received lots of errors that look like:
    mtd: write error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
    mtd: re-read error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
    sometimes
    mtd: skipping write block at 0x0006e0000
    and eventually
    failed with error: -1

I have Jerryscript version of IMO CM7 (which, by the way, is one great ROM!), and ClockworkMod Recovery. Afterwards to flashed back to ClockworkMod with ROM Manager... Is there a plan b that is also easy?
    Either you have a problem with your partitions on your phone, or the recovery image file you downloaded was corrupt. Please try to redownload the recovery, and flash per my instructions again.

If you can't get it to work via terminal, try using ROM Tools.
    10-21-2011 11:59 PM
    Either you have a problem with your partitions on your phone, or the recovery image file you downloaded was corrupt. Please try to redownload the recovery, and flash per my instructions again.

If you can't get it to work via terminal, try using ROM Tools.
    OK, I got it to work, thnkx for your help. Turns out, the link to Blarf's recovery on 1st page of this thread, is no good. I receive 1 kb file, tried it many times. The recovery below it, aospCWMod, worked fine. So is aospCWMod a good recovery to use with your ROM to start over and reformat the SD card again?
    10-22-2011 12:43 AM
    Yes, aospCWMod is fine to use. There is a newer IHO recovery (search back a few pages), and you can find several other compatible recoveries on the wiki's binary page:
    https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...rc/wiki/Binary
    (scroll down to installation prerequisites)
    10-22-2011 01:02 AM
    Is anyone else experiencing this? Once a day or so the browser stops responding. It wont load pages or refresh, opening and closing windows doesnt help. The only way to fix it is to force close the browser process and then start it again. Running Mrg666's 10/16 build
    10-22-2011 01:51 AM
    Is anyone else experiencing this? Once a day or so the browser stops responding. It wont load pages or refresh, opening and closing windows doesnt help. The only way to fix it is to force close the browser process and then start it again. Running Mrg666's 10/16 build
    I am also experiencing this
    10-22-2011 03:46 AM
    Same problem here also
    10-22-2011 06:09 AM
    Same problem here also
    Browser comes directly from CM repository. I don't have that problem but if they fix it, I will include as soon as it is available.
    reaper420 likes this.
    10-22-2011 09:43 AM
    Same problem here but Dolphin Browser HD works perfectly with no issues and to some may even be better than the stock browser.
    economichitman likes this.
    10-22-2011 01:43 PM
    I upgraded to the most recent CM a couple days ago, and I just ran into a problem. For some reason, it's not letting me edit any of my screens anymore. When I long press the screen, it vibrates, but that's it. Nothing comes up. Help?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    10-23-2011 12:36 PM
    I upgraded to the most recent CM a couple days ago, and I just ran into a problem. For some reason, it's not letting me edit any of my screens anymore. When I long press the screen, it vibrates, but that's it. Nothing comes up. Help?

Have you rebooted your phone since installing the update? Mine had the same problem until l rebooted. Everything has worked fine since then.
    10-23-2011 02:53 PM
    I've rebooted multiple times and there still isn't a change

10-23-2011 03:24 PM
    Anyone having problems with Pandora skipping? I flashed from aospCM7 to CM7.1.0.1-BobZ and now when ever Pandora plays it skips also the screen will freeze when I plug in headphones? This only happens with Pandora, no other media player...
    10-23-2011 05:11 PM
    I am currently running B/S IHO 10/4 and want to update to 10/17 tonight. I have just been wiping cache and davlik and then running wiper, but was wondering if I should to the factory data reset through clockwork recovery mod on boot recovery? I haven't been doing this b/c I was unsure whether or not I'll be able to flash with cwmod afterwards?

I use Titanium Backup for restoring apps.
    10-23-2011 05:14 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what happened to blarf's kernel? I notice the builds are using Bob's kernel now. Are there any differences? Is blarf still developing his kernel? Sorry, I'm confused!
    10-23-2011 05:18 PM
    To add or remove screens, press your menu key and select edit.
    10-23-2011 05:18 PM
    I've rebooted multiple times and there still isn't a change

Go into settings. Manage apps. All tab. Force stop launcher and back out. See if that works.

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk
    10-23-2011 05:31 PM
    Go into settings. Manage apps. All tab. Force stop launcher and back out. See if that works.

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk
    ugh, no. :\
    10-23-2011 05:41 PM
6,009 ... 9899100101102 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD