09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 103104105106107 ...
tools
    Oh Wow! What rom are you using?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Jerry's backside rom. Most recent build. Btw that graph started at 86% not 100%. 7hr 25m on battery and at 56% now. I used to have to fully charge it twice at work to last me. I work from 630pm to 630 am.

10-28-2011 04:32 AM
    i have speaktoit assistant with loquendo susan (which is pretty cool by the way!) installed for the latest backside rom is there a way that when i press the voice dial button that app starts?
    10-28-2011 06:16 AM
    I uninstalled facebook, my email from 15m check to 1hr check. Turned off tapatalk notifications.

And im at work HORRIBLE signal. I work at a factory. Check these screenshots. I believe battery life has increased much. When i get home to better signal it should increase even more, hopefully. Lol

I've been strongly considering uninstalling Facebook. It just never dies! You kill it and it stats right back up in the background. >:-(

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk. Suckit.
    10-28-2011 07:03 AM
    I've been strongly considering uninstalling Facebook. It just never dies! You kill it and it stats right back up in the background. >:-(

I got rid of Facebook a few weeks ago, and replaced it with Friendcaster Pro. Not sure how good or bad it is on the battery but I haven't seen any neg effect.
    10-28-2011 07:47 AM
    When the new 16-Bit transparency was added, I remember hearing about fragments on the screen...? If anyone could help me with the following pics, that'd be AWESOME.

As you can see, I have it turned on with a white background on my homescreen, and my Google Search Bar (I'm using the Blue Bionic CM7 theme with a theme i made in UOT Kitchen) has a white fragment on it....is this due to that 16-Bit transparency???

I'm hoping it's not something else...

EDIT: Turned off the 16-Bit transparency, still have the problem....hmm...now what?

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Android 2.3.7 on Tapatalk
    10-28-2011 08:47 AM
    When the new 16-Bit transparency was added, I remember hearing about fragments on the screen...? If anyone could help me with the following pics, that'd be AWESOME.

As you can see, I have it turned on with a white background on my homescreen, and my Google Search Bar (I'm using the Blue Bionic CM7 theme with a theme i made in UOT Kitchen) has a white fragment on it....is this due to that 16-Bit transparency???

EDIT: Turned off the 16-Bit transparency, still have the problem....hmm...now what?

Looks like the same thing i had going on the fbook app when switching froms recent, top, etc and my book app too. It's just a bug somewhere. Really didnt bother me much but that's just me lol.

10-28-2011 10:54 AM

I believe that was mainly my drain. I realized i dont fbook as much as i used to. Got boring. Zzzzz...... lol.
    I figured i could use my browser if i NEED to.

Im glad i can use jerry's build to the fullest now and not worry bout where i can charge up again. Imho i love his builds enough that i never switched romss in hopes of better bat life. (Not to say everyone else does not have great builds, but thanks to them also because i'm sure a piece of everybody was used in the build in one way or another)

10-28-2011 10:58 AM
    Doublez
    10-28-2011 11:03 AM
    Looks like the same thing i had going on the fbook app when switching froms recent, top, etc and my book app too. It's just a bug somewhere. Really didnt bother me much but that's just me lol.

Huh....maybe it has something to do with transparency in images, but my background is a JPEG image. lol

10-28-2011 11:31 AM

I don't see any screen corruption problem on the two phones here. But, those are running stock without any custom themes. Can you test the unmodified ROM and report again? Otherwise, it is very hard to find out the cause of your problem.
    10-28-2011 11:40 AM
    removed the Blue Bionic theme and my UOT Kitchen theme,.problem still there....damn...for some reason it only happens with a white background... O.o

10-28-2011 12:22 PM
    Any chance of getting the SDcard ext partition info under the storage in settings?
    10-28-2011 12:27 PM
    I installed this ROM and think it is really, really good. The only problem I have found so far is that TeamViewer doesn't work well anymore. I can connect to remote computers but the display won't update as I try to interact with the remote PC.

Does anyone know a fix or another Cyanogenmod version that Teamviewer will work with?
    JerryScript likes this.
    10-28-2011 12:31 PM
    Any chance of getting the SDcard ext partition info under the storage in settings?
    If you're a Titanium Backup user, you can find this info right when you start the app.
    itsrayray likes this.
    10-28-2011 12:55 PM
    I got rid of Facebook a few weeks ago, and replaced it with Friendcaster Pro. Not sure how good or bad it is on the battery but I haven't seen any neg effect.
    Anything that regularly pings the internet will drain your battery.
    Facebook and Twitter apps have long been a known issue.
    10-28-2011 03:09 PM
    Yeah I got rid of facebook and I'm using k9 now so all my accounts aren't actually on the phone and linked to market.

I did though install market 2.3.6 and froze updater which works but on some things I've tired downloading I get a download declined error. Anyone know what that's about? It only happens very rarely and only for certain items

10-28-2011 03:48 PM
    If you're a Titanium Backup user, you can find this info right when you start the app.
    Yea, I know but I don't TB and I have had it before but, I cannot remember if it was in a Rom or an app that put it there. I wouldn't use it that much so I wouldn't want to add another app just for that. Thank you anyway.
    10-28-2011 05:52 PM
    Just curious...when I record video and I zoom in a green grid appears over the video. Is there a way this can be removed? This only happens when I start zooming. I'm running 10/17 rom. Thanks guys.
    10-29-2011 01:27 PM
    I'm using a theme for the theme chooser and I love everything about it except for the keyboard... is there a way to change it? When I long press the text space, it says "insert template" but I don't know if that means much
    10-29-2011 02:58 PM
    I rooted and ROM'ed my OV yesterday for the first time: Rooted with Gingerbreak 1.2, backed up up apps with TB, saved my stock recovery with cat (terminal on the phone), downloaded Rom Manager from Market and installed ClockworkMod Recovery, made a nandroid backup in Recovery, did all the prescribed wipes/formats and flashed IHO Mirage 1022 build.

It was a very painless process. And the ROM is incredible - I have yet to figure out all the functionality.

Overall, I cannot believe how easy this process turned out to be -- although I did spend a lot of time reading up beforehand and writing down all the steps for myself, to make sure I didn't forget anything and that I had all the necessary backups. I would still recommend this caution to anyone doing their first root & ROM.

Huge thanks to mrg666 and the other ROM authors. And thanks to everybody who posted guides and help!
    RT78 and mrg666 like this.
    10-29-2011 03:52 PM
    flashed IHO Mirage 1022 build.
    I swear this is just a coincidence

I have uploaded the 10292011 build to the Wiki. This build comes with many small changes merged into CM repo. Followings are some of them
    - Fix bug when wifi locks are acquired and released quickly
    - Tether: dont log as errors 'ignored' messages
    - Add status bar battery icon configuration. You can now remove it completely.
    - profiles: Handle corrupt profiles.xml
    - PowerWidget : Sound mode fix
    - Fix audio notifications
    - libstagefright: fix JPEG decoder component name typo
    - CacheManager: fix issue with expire time set to "now"
    - frameworks/base: surfaceflinger: Increase min texture width limit
    - hiding dBm display when in airplane mode
    - Lockscreen calendar now supports all-day events, event description, and location, new calendar icon
    - Maintain separate media volumes for when the headset is and is not plugged in

I have also uploaded the matching 10292011 transparency theme. Please don't use the themes from previous builds and boot at least once before flashing the theme.

I have tested on my phone and it seems to be working fine.
    Many thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, Bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and the CM theme.
    Enjoy!
    10-29-2011 05:08 PM
    I swear this is just a coincidence
    I have uploaded the 10292011 build to the Wiki
    LOL!

Hey, no problem for me, I am using this first flash as a test anyway, so I'll just re-flash with the new version when I get to that.

I was thinking of restoring my old stock image first to see if I can find a way to carry my sms, call log and browser bookmarks over to the new ROM. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks again for your great work -- all of you!
    10-29-2011 06:06 PM
    LOL!

Hey, no problem for me, I am using this first flash as a test anyway, so I'll just re-flash with the new version when I get to that.

I was thinking of restoring my old stock image first to see if I can find a way to carry my sms, call log and browser bookmarks over to the new ROM. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks again for your great work -- all of you!
    You can use MyBackup on the Market. Titanium might also do that.
    10-29-2011 06:30 PM
    You can use MyBackup on the Market. Titanium might also do that.
    Thanks. I used MyBackup for it once before, some 3-4 months ago when I did a Factory Reset (before rooting ;-) This time it wouldn't run because I'd already used my 30-day trial back then.

I couldn't figure a way to do it with Titanium -- except backup/restore the raw data from an app of a previous version. Maybe there is a better way to do it in TB I just didn't see.

Thanks again!
    10-29-2011 06:36 PM
    But is the bluetooth working yet?
    10-29-2011 06:49 PM
6,009 ... 103104105106107 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD