09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 106107108109110 ...
tools
    Bob, mrg666 and others: I am a new IHO ROM user, and here is what I discovered today regarding MMS:

I am running MiRaGe (first 10/22 build, since today 10/29 build). I was unable to use MMS on either version. 3G would come one for a while, but the message would be stuck in "sending..." forever. Also, it wouldn't receive MMS, regardless of my WiFi/3G setting.

I had no problem sending and receiving MMS on stock ROM -- again regardless of WiFi/3G setting. I just verified this a few hours ago.

Today I tried it on a fresh flash of MiRaGe 10/29, and found that I can send and receive MMS no problem, AS LONG AS I have NOT used Titanium to restore my text messages. (Note: I use the free version of TB. Paid version with the Migration option may be different).

In TB, I can restore the "[SMS/MMS PREFS] Messaging" item and still have MMS working, but unfortunately that does not restore the actual messages. I have to restore "[SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage" to get my messages back -- and that's what kills MMS functionality, but seemingly nothing else.

As long as I avoid restoring this item in TB, MMS works perfectly -- and regardless of WiFi/3G mode: If sending while in WiFi mode, 3G will come on for a few seconds while sending. And it also receives them in WiFi mode. I assume the MMS is received as an SMS (which doesn't require data) containing a download link to the picture.

So at least for me, MMS works perfectly on MiRaGe 10/29 -- as long as I don't use TB to restore messages.

Hope that is useful.

Thanks for great work on these ROMs to all of you
    Dannemand, you the man! My MMS was not working on JerryScript build of 10/10. I originally used TB Pro because I was installing from non IHO ROM, but only to restore system Data and user Apps. After reading your post, I used TB to wipe data from "[SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage", at that point, the messages were still visible (cached perhaps). So I rebooted the phone and viola! MMS is working! Thanks a bunch--hope this post helps others out.
    Dannemand and JerryScript like this.
    11-01-2011 07:11 PM
    Recovery files are .img files, and you flash them via terminal using the flash_image binary.
    Oh, So both links

Download Blarf's new recovery here and
    Download aospCWMod version of ClockworkMod here

are recovery images?

Whats the difference between the two?

My V is the kind that has the display hardware from the Optimus S.
    11-01-2011 07:59 PM
    Dannemand, you the man! My MMS was not working on JerryScript build of 10/10. I originally used TB Pro because I was installing from non IHO ROM, but only to restore system Data and user Apps. After reading your post, I used TB to wipe data from "[SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage", at that point, the messages were still visible (cached perhaps). So I rebooted the phone and viola! MMS is working! Thanks a bunch--hope this post helps others out.
    That's great, thanks for the feedback.

I don't know how many others this may apply to. I think most people use TB only for user apps.

No doubt restoring system data is risky business. I'm using it only for bookmarks now. Really is too bad Android doesn't back up basic phone data automatically to your Google account.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    11-01-2011 08:00 PM
    Jerry, will the stagefright fix you included fix, improve Hd video playback?
    11-01-2011 08:25 PM
    Oh, So both links

Download Blarf's new recovery here and
    Download aospCWMod version of ClockworkMod here

are recovery images?

Whats the difference between the two?

My V is the kind that has the display hardware from the Optimus S.
    The aospCWMod recovery will NOT work for you, you need the IHO recovery!

Jerry, will the stagefright fix you included fix, improve Hd video playback?
    It doesn't fix HD specifically, but is supposed to improve video performance.
    Ronin Wolf and bdieu17 like this.
    11-01-2011 08:43 PM
    Thanks again JS, you the man!
    JerryScript likes this.
    11-01-2011 09:05 PM
    jerry , i uninstalled the Google music app so i can reninstall it , but it refuses to install. i used your earlier google music link.

Jerry, can you please add/fix the Google Music 4 back on your next build ,please.
    11-01-2011 10:32 PM
    Try this:

1- Go to manage applications, select the music app, clear cache and data
    2- Use a root file explorer, copy the new music apk to /system/app
    3- Reboot

I will try to remember to add it in the next build. I have to add it after building once, then I have to build again to include it, so it's a bit of a pita.
    bdieu17 likes this.
    11-02-2011 02:01 AM
    Are the V's with the s display better? (Display that is)

11-02-2011 05:40 AM
    Since I flashed Jerry's latest build the brightness and GPS controls on my power widget aren't working. Anyone else having a problem?

Edit: I did a wipe and reflashed and its working fine now!
    11-02-2011 12:55 PM
    There was a last minute commit to CM7 that I didn't pull in before I built the 1101 BACKside that borked the notification sounds. If you rely on notification sounds, here's a fixed build, if it doesn't really bother you, you can wait for the next build with significant changes. Sorry for the troubles.

BACKside-IHO-VM670-11022011.zip (notifcation sounds fixed)

GreenMachineTheme-11022011.zip
    11-02-2011 01:26 PM
    Are the V's with the s display better? (Display that is)

In a word... No.

the new hitachi screen is greenish-white instead of pure white when viewed side-by-side with a novatek screen, and the new firmware blocks rebooting into the bootloader to use fastboot, while you could use fastboot on the first-gen OV's.

I'd trade anyone in a split second my new OV for a first-gen with the novatek screen.
    11-02-2011 01:28 PM
    NO WiFi :?
    11-02-2011 03:48 PM
    NO WiFi :?
    WiFi should work fine, I use it daily.
    11-02-2011 07:58 PM
    In a word... No.

the new hitachi screen is greenish-white instead of pure white when viewed side-by-side with a novatek screen, and the new firmware blocks rebooting into the bootloader to use fastboot, while you could use fastboot on the first-gen OV's.

I'd trade anyone in a split second my new OV for a first-gen with the novatek screen.
    Squid, when I do upgrade, its yours. I have a first gen. Jerry, wifi works great on mine. No issues at all.

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk
    bigsupersquid and JerryScript like this.
    11-02-2011 08:16 PM
    O.M.G. Jerry. It's damn near flawless and makes me want to do as much as possible to make my phone worthy of such a good rom.
    Ronin Wolf and JerryScript like this.
    11-02-2011 08:25 PM
    There was a last minute commit to CM7 that I didn't pull in before I built the 1101 BACKside that borked the notification sounds. If you rely on notification sounds, here's a fixed build, if it doesn't really bother you, you can wait for the next build with significant changes. Sorry for the troubles.

BACKside-IHO-VM670-11022011.zip (notifcation sounds fixed)
    You've out done yourself again. Thanks alot for all your hard work and to all the others involved.
    JerryScript likes this.
    11-03-2011 03:41 AM
    The aospCWMod recovery will NOT work for you, you need the IHO recovery!
    I am having problems flashing this recovery.

When I tried to flash iho-vm670-recovery-4.0.1.4.2 I get the following error:

Code:
    error opening /sdcard/iho-vm670-recovery-4.0.1.4.2 No such file or directory
    The image is on the root of the sd card.
    11-03-2011 08:24 AM
    I am having problems flashing this recovery.

When I tried to flash iho-vm670-recovery-4.0.1.4.2 I get the following error:

Code:
    error opening /sdcard/iho-vm670-recovery-4.0.1.4.2 No such file or directory
    The image is on the root of the sd card.
    Just a thought... Try renaming the recovery image file to something shorter just to be sure you are not misspelling something.
    Ronin Wolf likes this.
    11-03-2011 09:20 AM
    Just a thought... Try renaming the recovery image file to something shorter just to be sure you are not misspelling something.
    Thanks. I just fixed it by using Recovery Flasher.
    11-03-2011 09:22 AM
    O.M.G. Jerry. It's nearly flawless...
    I may have found a slight flaw. Its no biggie and may actually not be a flaw but when battery is at 100% charge the battery bar does not show in status bar when you have show battery percentage selected in status bar tweaks. However battery bar does show in status bar once battery percentage drops below 100%. Like I said its no biggie and may actually not be a flaw. Otherwise I love this rom. Once again great work Jerry.
    11-03-2011 09:27 AM
    Thanks. I just fixed it by using Recovery Flasher.
    Good to hear.
    Ronin Wolf likes this.
    11-03-2011 09:28 AM
    We had a power outage for several days and I could not visit the forum. I have seen the error reports about the screen problems in several apps such as Zoom FX camera, Goggles, etc. and I can confirm that this is a problem. I have uploaded the 10242011 build to the Wiki which is the latest good build without that problem. The matching transparency theme is also there.

The problem comes from the CM7.1 repo. I will upload a new build when this problem is resolved either by myself or others.
    RyanJKremer likes this.
    11-03-2011 11:17 AM
    Good to hear you made it through the storm OK mrg666.
    mrg666 likes this.
    11-03-2011 12:11 PM
    Good to hear you made it through the storm OK mrg666.
    Thanks, Jerry. It was cold and dark.

Everyone, I noticed I have some PM's accumulated. I will check them out in the weekend and get back to you.
    11-03-2011 02:27 PM
6,009 ... 106107108109110 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD