09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 111112113114115 ...
tools
    I was thinking of flashing this (currently have Harmonia 1.7) but I have a couple of questions:

1. Do you have to flash the Green Machine theme, or does it have it's own default theme?
    2. I assume GB is worth it? ( as if I even have to ask )
    3. Should I flash the newest rom, or the one before it?
    11-11-2011 06:56 PM
    I was thinking of flashing this (currently have Harmonia 1.7) but I have a couple of questions:

1. Do you have to flash the Green Machine theme, or does it have it's own default theme?
    2. I assume GB is worth it? ( as if I even have to ask )
    3. Should I flash the newest rom, or the one before it?
    1. No, its up to you
    2. Yes, definitely
    3. The newest works great.

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk
    JerryScript likes this.
    11-11-2011 07:01 PM
    1 other question, would the Xionia Clockwork recovery work for this rom? I ask because I have one of the newer Optimus V's that have that display problem. :/

Thanks for the answers ^^.
    11-11-2011 07:31 PM
    1 other question, would the Xionia Clockwork recovery work for this rom? I ask because I have one of the newer Optimus V's that have that display problem. :/

That's one for bigsupersquid. I can't remember which one works for the newer ones.

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk
    11-11-2011 07:52 PM
    I have uploaded the 11112011 palindromic build to the Wiki. This build comes synced with CM repo and a few other changes as follows
    - Roboto font replaces default system font which I find easier and more pleasant to my eyes
    - Updated Superuser.apk and su binary to the latest versions (CM repo still has older versions)
    - Power widget defaults for brightness and sound buttons.
    - Updated 'download space check' init script

I have also uploaded the matching 11112011 transparency theme. Please don't use the themes from previous builds and boot at least once before flashing the theme.

I have tested on my phone and it seems to be working fine.
    Many thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, Bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and the CM theme.
    Enjoy!
    Where can I find your 11112011 transparency theme?
    11-11-2011 08:53 PM
    It's super easy to make...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    11-11-2011 09:09 PM
    In the Wiki, under the heading "optional files", 5th item.
    sdxben likes this.
    11-11-2011 09:16 PM
    jerry, under accessibility the option to use the power button to end call . Ive been trying to get it to disable it by unchecking it but doesnt seem to work for me. my proximity sensor doesnt turn the screen off, is there a way to press the power button to turn off the screen, while on a call without ending a call?
    Be sure the Always Use Proximity Sensor is checked.
    11-11-2011 09:32 PM
    Does this rom take care of the time without signal issue, it seems to have from my checks.
    Yes
    11-11-2011 09:33 PM

use the bobzhome iho recovery, it's under alternatives on the wiki recovery page.
    11-11-2011 09:39 PM
    Mrg666, thank you. The new font looks so much better.
    r00t and mrg666 like this.
    11-11-2011 09:56 PM
    Nice rom! So far i'm in love with the yummy Gingerbread, only thing (really minor thing)... no Swype? xD lol.
    11-11-2011 11:56 PM
    Nice rom! So far i'm in love with the yummy Gingerbread, only thing (really minor thing)... no Swype? xD lol.
    I'm not really a Swype fan but go keyboard on the market does offer Swype like text entry there are others on the market too

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    11-12-2011 12:24 AM
    You can still have Swype if you like, just sign up for the beta, and then install it.

I prefer FlexT9, it has DragonSpeak, swype type input, and handwriting recognition (but no T9, strange eh?). It's not free, but there are lots of swype type keyboards available now, and many are free.
    11-12-2011 12:50 AM
    How can I go about ICS theming backside with launcher pro?
    11-12-2011 08:11 AM
    How can I go about ICS theming backside with launcher pro?
    There is a theme on the market for launcher pro. I believe its free too.
    11-12-2011 12:46 PM
    Mrg666, updated to your 1111 build today. I had to use it a little to decide about the new font, but now I like it a lot. I may actually be able to go to a smaller font size with it (spare parts) .

Also tried the transparency theme this time - mostly for the circular battery icon.

I simply cant find any flaws at all with this ROM. Thanks a lot. That includes the entire team!

Sent from my CM7.1 Android phone
    mrg666, drezliok and linzoill like this.
    11-12-2011 03:35 PM
    I'm really digging the Roboto font on mrg666's latest MiRaGe ROM. Great work!
    mrg666 likes this.
    11-12-2011 04:26 PM
    Mrg666, updated to your 1111 build today. I had to use it a little to decide about the new font, but now I like it a lot. I may actually be able to go to a smaller font size with it (spare parts) .
    I'm really digging the Roboto font on mrg666's latest MiRaGe ROM. Great work!
    I am glad you like it. I agree that Google did a better job with the new font compared to older font in Gingerbread. Even though I sometimes notice very minor kerning issues especially with the small size text, it is still a keeper. I am curious if the font actually in Galaxy Nexus will be the same with the one in the SDK or an improved version.
    drezliok, Dannemand, r00t and 1 others like this.
    11-12-2011 05:34 PM

Also tried the transparency theme this time - mostly for the circular battery icon.

I simply cant find any flaws at all with this ROM. Thanks a lot. That includes the entire team!

I hadn't of thought of making the font smaller. Looks good, and clean.
    Dannemand likes this.
    11-12-2011 05:38 PM
    Just FYI- Anyone can change their font at any time to any font they like!

-- Use a root capable file manager
    -- Copy the ttf font of your choosing to /system/fonts
    -- Rename the orignal DroidSans.ttf to DroidSans.ttf.bak
    -- Rename your new ttf font to DroidSans.ttf
    -- Reboot

You have to reboot quickly, fonts are cached, but as you use menus, you will see more and more letters either dissappear or change to asian characters, and you won't be able to read the power off menu if you aren't quick.

I haven't looked at the set of Robot fonts, but there should be Sans, Serif, as well as bold and italic versions of the ttf files.

You can also do it via ADB when booted or in recovery, or with Terminal.
    mrg666, drezliok and Growjunky like this.
    11-12-2011 09:27 PM
    Just FYI- Anyone can change their font at any time to any font they like!

-- Use a root capable file manager
    -- Copy the ttf font of your choosing to /system/fonts
    -- Rename the orignal DroidSans.ttf to DroidSans.ttf.bak
    -- Rename your new ttf font to DroidSans.ttf
    -- Reboot

You have to reboot quickly, fonts are cached, but as you use menus, you will see more and more letters either dissappear or change to asian characters, and you won't be able to read the power off menu if you aren't quick.

I haven't looked at the set of Robot fonts, but there should be Sans, Serif, as well as bold and italic versions of the ttf files.

You can also do it via ADB when booted or in recovery, or with Terminal.
    Anyone can change the fonts anytime but I would not recommend any font. The small screens of Android devices make font metrics more critical unlike big computer screens. Many fonts that are not designed for Android (even some of the fonts in UOT Kitchen) will cause problems with the alignment of lines with icons, disfigured widgets, overflowing menus, etc. The new Roboto font replaces the standard Gingerbread font without such problems. Just a warning.
    11-12-2011 11:43 PM
    Anyone can change the fonts anytime but I would not recommend any font. The small screens of Android devices make font metrics more critical unlike big computer screens. Many fonts that are not designed for Android (even some of the fonts in UOT Kitchen) will cause problems with the alignment of lines with icons, disfigured widgets, overflowing menus, etc. The new Roboto font replaces the standard Gingerbread font without such problems. Just a warning.
    May i haz screenshot of sed text? I like changing stuff up sometimes.

Sent from your mom's phone.
    11-13-2011 03:56 AM
    May i haz screenshot of sed text? I like changing stuff up sometimes.

Sent from your mom's phone.
    LOL

You may want to try a more legible font there, ray ;-)

11-13-2011 09:04 AM
    I have new build https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...rc/wiki/Binary

Changelog

11-13-11:

1. sync'd up with CM: To many changes to list
    2. Added: Custom carrier label *Screenshots here: https://sites.google.com/site/bobzhomeroms/vm670
    3. Changed: System Font to Roboto(Thank to mrg666)
    4. Tweak: Permissions(Fixed: video recording with audio)
    5. Kernel v3.3: Tweak: Multi touch

Please don't thank me, instead donate to Blarf for all the great work he has done.

Enjoy!
    RT78, mustafu, mrg666 and 4 others like this.
    11-13-2011 03:26 PM
6,009 ... 111112113114115 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD