09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 112113114115116 ...
tools
    Just updated backside from 10172011 to 11092011. Now clock in status bar is gone. Any ideas?
    11-13-2011 02:37 PM
    Just updated backside from 10172011 to 11092011. Now clock in status bar is gone. Any ideas?
    That happened to me. You have to change the color of the clock in the settings back to white. I don't remember where exactly in the settings it is.
    fieryfennix likes this.
    11-13-2011 02:43 PM
    That happened to me. You have to change the color of the clock in the settings back to white. I don't remember where exactly in the settings it is.
    Settings - CM settings - interface - status bar tweaks
    fieryfennix and notown like this.
    11-13-2011 02:48 PM
    Awesome. Thanks guys!
    11-13-2011 03:07 PM
    Is this a bug or a feature? Almost everyone who tries BACKside gets confused by this. I guessed that there was a way to hide/show the clock and figured it out on my own.

Note: ff6bdf10 looks pretty good for the Clock color.
    11-13-2011 05:14 PM
    Just FYI- Anyone can change their font at any time to any font they like!

-- Use a root capable file manager
    -- Copy the ttf font of your choosing to /system/fonts
    -- Rename the orignal DroidSans.ttf to DroidSans.ttf.bak
    -- Rename your new ttf font to DroidSans.ttf
    -- Reboot

You have to reboot quickly, fonts are cached, but as you use menus, you will see more and more letters either dissappear or change to asian characters, and you won't be able to read the power off menu if you aren't quick.

I haven't looked at the set of Robot fonts, but there should be Sans, Serif, as well as bold and italic versions of the ttf files.

You can also do it via ADB when booted or in recovery, or with Terminal.
    Holy crap...yo dude you made a killer ROM ....far more battery life than HARMONIA....yea I said it...contrary to the favoritism of HARMONIA (Which I own in my SD card..thanks so much for the awesome Tom) My battery life nearly TRIPPLED with This ROM. ..no bull shii ..wait til you read my post on my test with my optimus v using this rom against SPRINTS IPHONE 4S....
    But I wouldn't risk bricking my phone with Mayan and Chinese symbols on my phone if I'm not fast enough lol But I love how this guy is constantly working day and night and makes updates on this ROM (Friends....you can't ask for anything better from a developer.My motto is YOUR ONLY AS GOOD AS YOU WANNA BE and JerryScript doing a fuxxxn good job much love and respect for y'all...we have been freed from the slavery of Froyo.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    JerryScript likes this.
    11-13-2011 05:32 PM
    thanks every one who make this possible.i use Bobzhome and the latest build is amazing.. thanks again to all
    linzoill and JerryScript like this.
    11-13-2011 05:32 PM
    Just updated to the new 1113 BobZhome. Awesome updates. Thanks to everyone responsible for this stuff.

The new font is killer, and I finally can customize my carrier name to say... nothing at all. I hated seeing Virgin Mobile on my lock screen. And now its gone gone gone!
    linzoill likes this.
    11-13-2011 07:45 PM
    Holy crap...yo dude you made a killer ROM ....far more battery life than HARMONIA....yea I said it...contrary to the favoritism of HARMONIA (Which I own in my SD card..thanks so much for the awesome Tom) My battery life nearly TRIPPLED with This ROM. ..no bull shii ..wait til you read my post on my test with my optimus v using this rom against SPRINTS IPHONE 4S....
    But I wouldn't risk bricking my phone with Mayan and Chinese symbols on my phone if I'm not fast enough lol But I love how this guy is constantly working day and night and makes updates on this ROM (Friends....you can't ask for anything better from a developer.My motto is YOUR ONLY AS GOOD AS YOU WANNA BE and JerryScript doing a fuxxxn good job much love and respect for y'all...we have been freed from the slavery of Froyo.

Thank you very much for the compliments, we all appreciate it!

Notice I said "we" all appreciate it, that's because this is a team effort, The majority of thanks goes to Blarf for starting the IHO repo and getting most of the main bugs worked out, not to mention making the camera so much better. Another big round of thanks goes to BobZhome for not only supporting more phones than all the rest of us put together, but also for building the kernel we are all using now. And huge thanks to mrg666 for all the help he gives to everyone in the process of building his mirage. Then there's a whole list of people who help research issues, and test potential fixes. And of course, there's Steve Kondik and the entire CM7 team who put together the best ROM period! And we cant forget AOSP for setting the whole thing up in the first place as an open source project we can all benefit from! Then there's zefie and aospbot who got the thunderc board support started for the Optimus line of phones.

The list goes on and on. I cannot be more emphatic when I say thanks to everyone involved, from the Devs I've mentioned to all of you who test and report back and help each other out! If it wasn't for this community, we would all be sitting here asking ourselves should we buy a different phone?
    11-13-2011 08:24 PM
    If it wasn't for this community, we would all be sitting here asking ourselves should we buy a different phone?
    That's the bottom line. My favorite 'feature' of the Optimus V is this community.

Sent via VM670
    jdcnosse and linzoill like this.
    11-13-2011 08:56 PM
    Anyone using IHO recovery with a fat32 sd-ext and having it take a long time to backup the sd-ext or not backing up at all? I have to pull the battery because it's taking too long. Tried on both Mirage and BobZ. Used to work before. Do recoveries go corrupt?
    11-13-2011 09:07 PM
    Is this a bug or a feature? Almost everyone who tries BACKside gets confused by this. I guessed that there was a way to hide/show the clock and figured it out on my own.

Note: ff6bdf10 looks pretty good for the Clock color.
    It's a feature I've been working on for the past four builds. It was inspired by thegrammerfreak's work at xda on modifying the xml to center the status bar clock. I have taken it further and modified the source code in xml, java, and system variable files to create an option to center the clock and change it's color. Unfortunately, I forgot to set the default color, so without a default, it reverts to black.

That small bug, and the system icons overlaying the clock when too many are present are the only bugs left, and I hope to have them both worked out in my next build. Once I have it stable, I intend to submit it to CM so it will be an option for everyone, but I have no idea if it will be accepted.
    Ronin Wolf likes this.
    11-13-2011 09:17 PM
    It's a feature I've been working on for the past four builds. It was inspired by thegrammerfreak's work at xda on modifying the xml to center the status bar clock. I have taken it further and modified the source code in xml, java, and system variable files to create an option to center the clock and change it's color. Unfortunately, I forgot to set the default color, so without a default, it reverts to black.

That small bug, and the system icons overlaying the clock when too many are present are the only bugs left, and I hope to have them both worked out in my next build. Once I have it stable, I intend to submit it to CM so it will be an option for everyone, but I have no idea if it will be accepted.
    That's cool. The clock looks really good centered that way.
    JerryScript likes this.
    11-13-2011 09:40 PM
    sorry to ask guys, but does anyone remember what the solution for the videos coming out up side down ?
    11-13-2011 10:00 PM
    I just want to chime in on the current roms. Bobs new multi touch fix is amazing for those people who two finger type, I have been testing it for him the past week, overall solid rom.

Backside always lures me back with Jerry's innovations and appearance tweaks, I always keep a backup of his roms so I can try his new goodies as soon as he posts them

Last, but anything but least is mrg.I have no idea how you do it but your builds always run super fast, and get the best battery life. I don't know if there is some steroid script you run that just makes the my disposable phone run like a stallion but its second to none when it comes to performance and battery.

Each build has their own qualities, and I salute you guys for putting so much time in these projects, and thanks for doing this aggrevating tedious work, looking for nothing more then a thank you. If you guys ever want me to be a Guinea pig for something that's not ready for primetime, just let me know
    11-14-2011 12:08 AM
    Now what would happen if we combined all 3 major IHO builds (Bob's, Jerry's, and MRGs) into one...

I think the phone would blow up from the awesomeness.
    notown and linzoill like this.
    11-14-2011 12:18 AM
    Yeah haha...I'm kind of confused as to what the differences will be between the 3....are they all pretty minor? Looking at the changelogs I can't tell if I am giving up anything by switching...like is there some sort of tradeoff between them besides a font or visual changes? I am running Jerry's now.
    11-14-2011 01:19 AM
    Tip: Phone charges incredibly fast in recovery mode. Try it works like 3X faster than the average speed you use in your default charging screen

11-14-2011 02:10 AM
    Well said

11-14-2011 02:12 AM
    I just want to chime in on the current roms. Bobs new multi touch fix is amazing for those people who two finger type, I have been testing it for him the past week, overall solid rom.

Backside always lures me back with Jerry's innovations and appearance tweaks, I always keep a backup of his roms so I can try his new goodies as soon as he posts them

Last, but anything but least is mrg.I have no idea how you do it but your builds always run super fast, and get the best battery life. I don't know if there is some steroid script you run that just makes the my disposable phone run like a stallion but its second to none when it comes to performance and battery.

Each build has their own qualities, and I salute you guys for putting so much time in these projects, and thanks for doing this aggrevating tedious work, looking for nothing more then a thank you. If you guys ever want me to be a Guinea pig for something that's not ready for primetime, just let me know
    Lol steroid script

11-14-2011 02:17 AM
    That's the bottom line. My favorite 'feature' of the Optimus V is this community.

Sent via VM670
    It's better SERVICE THAN VIRGIN MOBILE TELL YOU THAT MUCH....My phone when from plane Jane to Whoooooo ...when-that-phone-come-out-typa shii from people.

11-14-2011 02:22 AM
    Yeah haha...I'm kind of confused as to what the differences will be between the 3....are they all pretty minor? Looking at the changelogs I can't tell if I am giving up anything by switching...like is there some sort of tradeoff between them besides a font or visual changes? I am running Jerry's now.
    We all build off the main IHO repository, but I believe BobZhome and mrg666 sync their build environments more often than I do with CM source. I cherry pick patches till I'm comfortable with them, and then do a complete sync before I release a new build. Main differences are in the changelogs, most other diffs are minor things we tweak behind the scenes to fit our needs. If you did an actual diff of our build environments (limited to the VM670 variant), you probably wouldn't get more than a page or two of patches.
    11-14-2011 04:45 AM
    Good Morning,

I have been using pdanet or easytether since before I rooted my phone and both work fine. I wanted to try using the built in USB tether option since less is definitely more The issue I run into is that every time I enable the usb tether option, the usb link resets and then of course the tether drops. I am currently running BACKside on the phone and Windows 7 on the PC. I have also tried it on my laptop running XP with the same results.

If anyone has had such an issue or any thoughts on correcting it I'd sure like to hear about it

Thanks,

WWTK
    linzoill likes this.
    11-14-2011 07:48 AM
    Good Morning,

I have been using pdanet or easytether since before I rooted my phone and both work fine. I wanted to try using the built in USB tether option since less is definitely more The issue I run into is that every time I enable the usb tether option, the usb link resets and then of course the tether drops. I am currently running BACKside on the phone and Windows 7 on the PC. I have also tried it on my laptop running XP with the same results.

If anyone has had such an issue or any thoughts on correcting it I'd sure like to hear about it

Thanks,

WWTK
    Windows does a poor job with the drivers needed for native usb tethering. However, I use Ubuntu, and native usb tethering works flawlessly for me.
    11-14-2011 09:52 AM
    The 1113 build of BobZhome is, for me, the official 'never going back to Froyo, stock, or otherwise, ever again' ROM. Awesome. Thanks to all involved with it.

Sent via VM670
    11-14-2011 11:49 AM
6,009 ... 112113114115116 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD