09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 113114115116117 ...
tools
    Probably something stupid and minor, but I am having a problem with mrg666's 11112011 IHO build.

I changed the wallpaper to the "Live Wallpapers > Nexus," and tweaked the colors and what-not. Anyway, I thought it looked cool, but wanted to change it back to the default CM7 wallpaper that was set when I flashed it. Anyway, when I hold down on the wallpaper and select Wallpaper from the menu, I'm presented with the following options:

Configure Wallpaper
    Gallery
    Go Wallpapers (I have Go Launcher EX installed)
    Live wallpapers

It appears as there's no way to revert back to the pre-installed CM7 wallpapers, unless I'm overlooking something. Can anyone else replicate this, or at the very least tell me what I'm doing wrong. Or is this a known issue with no resolve?

Thanks.
    11-14-2011 02:52 PM
    I'm not sure on where to check this.

Does BobZ or IHO Recovery not backup ext3 partitions? I formatted my sd-ext in CWM which formats it as ext3. When I try to back it up, it won't backup, just gets stuck and I have to pull the battery. Is there a way to change it so it formats fat32 for sd-ext from CWM? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I have a 512 partition for sd-ext as my second partition. Everytime I install another ROM or reintall, I format sd-ext but ever since I did it the first time, it formated from fat32 to ext3, I haven't been able to backup my sd-ext or create a backup of my ROMs at all.
    11-14-2011 03:27 PM
    Probably something stupid and minor, but I am having a problem with mrg666's 11112011 IHO build.

I changed the wallpaper to the "Live Wallpapers > Nexus," and tweaked the colors and what-not. Anyway, I thought it looked cool, but wanted to change it back to the default CM7 wallpaper that was set when I flashed it. Anyway, when I hold down on the wallpaper and select Wallpaper from the menu, I'm presented with the following options:

Configure Wallpaper
    Gallery
    Go Wallpapers (I have Go Launcher EX installed)
    Live wallpapers

It appears as there's no way to revert back to the pre-installed CM7 wallpapers, unless I'm overlooking something. Can anyone else replicate this, or at the very least tell me what I'm doing wrong. Or is this a known issue with no resolve?

Thanks.
    There is nothing wrong there. MiRaGe does not come with any wallpaper. Just put your favorite pictures somewhere on your SD and set them as wallpaper with Gallery option in the menu. If you do this once, you will not loose your wallpapers with a ROM flash again unless you format your SD. Actually, I would install Quickpic from Market to replace Gallery.
    11-14-2011 03:49 PM
    BobZhome 1113.

I have the Show Next Calendar event widget enabled for the lock screen. For some reason, my next event is showing it as been an hour earlier than it actually is on my calendar. The latest one was a 3:15 appointment. And it appears on my lock screen as 2:15. Double checked my calendar and it's definitely 3:15, and my Smooth Calendar widget also shows appointments accurately.

Any ideas what's happening?
    11-14-2011 03:55 PM
    It backs up my ext2 sd-ext whether I want it or not. I had to make a tiny p2 and move debian to p3 to avoid hassle.
    maybe try formatting the partition on a pc instead of with the recovery (you'd need something like hiren boot cd if you're using windoze)
    I'm not sure on where to check this.

Does BobZ or IHO Recovery not backup ext3 partitions? I formatted my sd-ext in CWM which formats it as ext3. When I try to back it up, it won't backup, just gets stuck and I have to pull the battery. Is there a way to change it so it formats fat32 for sd-ext from CWM? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I have a 512 partition for sd-ext as my second partition. Everytime I install another ROM or reintall, I format sd-ext but ever since I did it the first time, it formated from fat32 to ext3, I haven't been able to backup my sd-ext or create a backup of my ROMs at all.
    11-14-2011 04:01 PM
    It backs up my ext2 sd-ext whether I want it or not. I had to make a tiny p2 and move debian to p3 to avoid hassle.
    maybe try formatting the partition on a pc instead of with the recovery (you'd need something like hiren boot cd if you're using windoze)
    Thanks. Just checking if there was a way to do it from CWM. I have minitool but I think I'm just getting rid of sd-ext
    11-14-2011 04:09 PM
    Does this version fix the headphones mic issue?
    11-14-2011 06:59 PM
    ICS 4.0.1 released. Any chance of seeing a ROM for VM670?
    11-14-2011 08:48 PM
    ICS 4.0.1 released. Any chance of seeing a ROM for VM670?
    Maybe? But definitely off topic for this thread. I believe a new one was started today regarding the release of the source.

Sent via VM670
    linzoill likes this.
    11-14-2011 08:50 PM
    Dont flood the thread. Jerry already made a post of ICS, literally just an hour or so ago. i suggest you ask him there
    linzoill likes this.
    11-14-2011 08:50 PM
    I've never posted before. Don't know much about this stuff. Just a computer nerd trying to get into all this phone hacking. Not trying to flood anything. I tried sending a PM, but it wouldn't let me. Could you help me find the thread I need, please? Thanks
    11-14-2011 08:56 PM
    I've never posted before. Don't know much about this stuff. Just a computer nerd trying to get into all this phone hacking. Not trying to flood anything. I tried sending a PM, but it wouldn't let me. Could you help me find the thread I need, please? Thanks
    It's near the top of the page.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/133656-news-ics-source-code-released-new-post.html
    11-14-2011 09:41 PM
    i wonder if any of JerryScript or the mrg666 builds of this rom has the V8 SuperCharger and the 3G TurboCharger Scripts! and if not why will they do any good any bad examples please im new to this
    11-14-2011 11:19 PM
    BOBZ 11-13... cant use my touch screen for some reason.. even after a full wipe.. emailed him about it but.. has anyone else had this issue?
    11-15-2011 01:19 AM
    BOBZ 11-13... cant use my touch screen for some reason.. even after a full wipe.. emailed him about it but.. has anyone else had this issue?
    Try restoring your backup? If that works to get your touch working try redownloading and flash again... If it dosen't..... I'd guess it's a hardware problem. I'm pretty new to this also so hopefully someone else will chime in. Good Luck :-)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    11-15-2011 02:13 PM
    i wonder if any of JerryScript or the mrg666 builds of this rom has the V8 SuperCharger and the 3G TurboCharger Scripts! and if not why will they do any good any bad examples please im new to this
    Only BobZHome's build has the scripts, it's questionable whether they make any measurable differences, which is why it's not included by default.
    11-15-2011 02:31 PM
    flashed bobz's build today, everything is working fine.
    I have the "old" V

11-15-2011 10:31 PM
    Multitouch... WORKS! YES! FINALLY!
    11-15-2011 11:33 PM
    Lol, I just noticed that you accidentally linked him to the post about ICS source code being released.

Exciting isn't is

Here are the threads you need Icom918

[Reference Guide] Optimus V Modding (READ THIS TO GET STARTED)

[HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM
    11-16-2011 07:44 AM
    Well, everyone is talking about ICS code release but there is another news that CM switched to 7.2.0-RC0 recently which came with a large number changes. I will not go through all those but you can check them here.

Additionally, added BobZhome 3.3 kernel that comes with multitouch improvements, switched to Camera app in BobZhome repo (since the camera app in CM repo is not working in IHO anymore with the latest changes) and added his fix for IHO issue #54. Thank you, Bob, thank you. I have also updated Roboto font with the released ICS source.

I am not uploading this build to the Wiki, since there has been so many changes in the CM repo and there could be other problems in addition to Camera app. I am simply giving the links below for this build to the ones who feel adventurous and would like to help the community. Having said that, this build is working fine on my phone.

Here are the links:
    VM670-CM7.1-IHO-11162011_MiRaGe.zip MD5sum: 9b3c2b2b443a095c011b3066acb2faf3
    Transparency theme

Please thank Blarf, Bob, and Jerry.
    11-16-2011 10:23 AM
    When was this? Why isnt there an announcement or a post for this rom?

11-16-2011 11:06 AM
    Mrg. Trying your update now, I am getting that insufficient space error, when I download from the market. I have 108 MB of internal storage free. I know other people have had this issue before, but its new to me with this build

Edit: linking delvik files to sdext with link2sd fixed it
    11-16-2011 11:11 AM
    Well, everyone is talking about ICS code release but there is another news that CM switched to 7.2.0-RC0 recently which came with a large number changes. I will not go through all those but you can check them here.

Additionally, added BobZhome 3.3 kernel that comes with multitouch improvements, switched to Camera app in BobZhome repo (since the camera app in CM repo is not working in IHO anymore with the latest changes) and added his fix for IHO issue #54. Thank you, Bob, thank you. I have also updated Roboto font with the released ICS source.

I am not uploading this build to the Wiki, since there has been so many changes in the CM repo and there could be other problems in addition to Camera app. I am simply giving the links below for this build to the ones who feel adventurous and would like to help the community. Having said that, this build is working fine on my phone.

Here are the links:
    VM670-CM7.1-IHO-11162011_MiRaGe.zip MD5sum: 9b3c2b2b443a095c011b3066acb2faf3
    Transparency theme

Please thank Blarf, Bob, and Jerry.
    When this coming out?

11-16-2011 11:16 AM
    When this coming out?

I think the CM people are now busy/excited with the ICS source integration in CM. The announcement of 7.2.0-RC0 to the users should be soon but I have no idea when.
    linzoill likes this.
    11-16-2011 11:21 AM
    Mrg. Trying your update now, I am getting that insufficient space error, when I download from the market. I have 108 MB of internal storage free. I know other people have had this issue before, but its new to me with this build
    This is a known issue with Market in different platforms. I have never had this issue and this gives me the feeling that the problem depends on usage patterns.I would recommend the followings. First, try to clear the data of Market app (settings > Manage Applications). And, sign in with your Google account again. If that does not help, uninstall Market and reinstall. If that does not help either, try an earlier version of Market.
    11-16-2011 11:26 AM
6,009 ... 113114115116117 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD