09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 116117118119120 ...
tools
    I have corrected a minor problem with the latest build and uploaded it again. The apk files were not properly optimized due to the incorrect permission of the optimizing script. The effect is slightly larger apk files that might impact the performance slightly. Sorry, for the inconvenience. You can just wipe cache/dalvik cache to flash the updated ROM. The theme has also been updated with the optimized apks.

I have also included a recompiled kernel (BobZhome v3.3) using a newer toolchain (4.4.3 -> 4.5.2). Please let me know if you see any difference. For the ones who just want to test the recompiled kernel, here is the flashable zip (not signed so disable sign check).
    11-20-2011 03:45 PM
    I have corrected a minor problem with the latest build and uploaded it again. The apk files were not properly optimized due to the incorrect permission of the optimizing script. The effect is slightly larger apk files that might impact the performance slightly. Sorry, for the inconvenience. You can just wipe cache/dalvik cache to flash the updated ROM. The theme has also been updated with the optimized apks.

I have also included a recompiled kernel (BobZhome v3.3) using a newer toolchain (4.4.3 -> 4.5.2). Please let me know if you see any difference. For the ones who just want to test the recompiled kernel, here is the flashable zip (not signed so disable sign check).
    I am on your 11/16 experimental build, and the last couple days I'd thought of posting a question to you whether it was possible that performance had slowed on this build. But it seems you're always a step ahead of me :-)

Before I flash this latest update: Did that problem only affect the official 11/20 built or also the experimental 11/16 one?

Thanks a lot!
    11-20-2011 06:02 PM
    I am on your 11/16 experimental build, and the last couple days I'd thought of posting a question to you whether it was possible that performance had slowed on this build. But it seems you're always a step ahead of me :-)

Before I flash this latest update: Did that problem only affect the official 11/20 built or also the experimental 11/16 one?

Thanks a lot!
    I think 11162011 was also affected. This fixed build feels lighter on my phone.
    Dannemand likes this.
    11-20-2011 06:26 PM
    Full wipe and bob's newest ROM makes MMS work for me.
    notown likes this.
    11-20-2011 06:40 PM
    Latest BobZhome, is it intentional that there isn't a vibrate icon in the status bar anymore? Both vibrate and silent mode show the silent icon (speaker with X next to it). Thanks!

Sent via VM670
    11-20-2011 07:31 PM
    I think 11162011 was also affected. This fixed build feels lighter on my phone.
    Flashed the fixed 11/20 and it does indeed feel snappier. Thanks a lot!

Sent from my CM7.1/IHO LG Optimus V
    mrg666 likes this.
    11-20-2011 07:49 PM
    I have been using JerryScript version and was working perfect over multiple updates and was using the S2E app to free up room moving them to a ext4 partition, when i first installed it i tried to use Link2Sd again but ran into a error so i moved to S2E which other then the Davlick cache bug worked fine but was having out of space errors due to the files not moving on the davlick cache area to the SD as selected in the app, so i decided to move back to Link2Sd which i had used in root but stock rom times.

I preformed a full wipe and decided to try out the Mrg666 version while i was at it and other then the bootscreen difference and the lack of clock settings in JerryScript the system was almost identical.

The version i used was the 11/16 and was a bit buggy as now known but Link2Sd preformed perfectly and solved the issue. I tried to update the rom to the 11/20 version and my install was faulty so i rewiped and went back to JerryScript and when i installed Link2sd it had a error mounting anything dealing with the Davlik cache. So i did a rewipe and went back Mrg666 version using the 11/20 and using the exact same settings was able to get Link2Sd to preform as needed.

What is different in the JerryScript rom that would cause a error that stated it could not write to the davlick cache?
    11-21-2011 01:36 AM
    FYI New ICS keyboard ported to 2.2+ devices (not a themed GB keyboard). It's working, but in portrait mode, the keyboard needs to be shifted up by half a row of keys.

Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard (No Root required 2.2+) - xda-developers

A new port by 'Binary Bulge' works on our devices.

https://market.android.com/details?i...cream_sandwich
    notown likes this.
    11-21-2011 01:39 AM
    I no longer pre-install Darktremor Apps2SD,so you don't need to have an ext partition.
    On my next update and ROM install, I'll clear everything, copy the SD card, and reformat and restore.
    I've updated to your latest 11182011 build, and am not seeing any problems.
    Thanks for all the help!
    Dylan
    11-21-2011 02:07 AM
    FYI New ICS keyboard ported to 2.2+ devices (not a themed GB keyboard). It's working, but in portrait mode, the keyboard needs to be shifted up by half a row of keys.

Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard (No Root required 2.2+) - xda-developers
    If it has the enhanced C&P functionality and selection dragging, I'll truly be impressed! Thanks for posting.
    11-21-2011 02:54 AM
    Um...what happen to the center clock option? Love everything else. Been on my phone for 3hrs....I'll update status.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    No problems yet on it ....works great

mrg666 likes this.
    11-21-2011 05:39 AM
    I don't see what else Jerry can change/add in his builds

Edit: Actually any of these versions for that manner: Bob's & MrG's.

mrg666 likes this.
    11-21-2011 07:20 AM
    If it has the enhanced C&P functionality and selection dragging, I'll truly be impressed! Thanks for posting.
    Not sure about those, but the keys are more accurate (somehow they feel like having a larger target area). Once the bottom row issue gets fixed I'll be using it more.
    11-21-2011 10:36 AM
    Can someone help me fix my market? When I go to "my apps" is doesn't list any apps at all even though I have 30-40 installed. Any ideas?
    11-21-2011 06:57 PM
    Can someone help me fix my market? When I go to "my apps" is doesn't list any apps at all even though I have 30-40 installed. Any ideas?
    Go to phone settings/manage applications/market/clear data
    linzoill likes this.
    11-21-2011 07:33 PM
    Has there been any progress with ics?

11-21-2011 08:26 PM
    Has there been any progress with ics?

This thread is where you'll find info on ICS progress. Still a WIP at this time.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ng-ics-ov.html
    11-21-2011 08:35 PM
    Thanks for the link!

& Check out my screenshot. I know its an old issue, but it still happens to me. It actually works about 1 or twice a week, all the other times it does this:

Sent from my Backsided Optimus using Tapatalk

Edit: Im not sure if it's ROM related (i doubt it) but the only other option is hardware /:
    I'm on Backside.
    11-21-2011 10:52 PM
    does anyone know how to port the ICS transition to the Optimus V?

ICS Transitions LGP500

it's from Optimus One.
    11-21-2011 11:20 PM
    Thanks for the link!

& Check out my screenshot. I know its an old issue, but it still happens to me. It actually works about 1 or twice a week, all the other times it does this:

Sent from my Backsided Optimus using Tapatalk

Edit: Im not sure if it's ROM related (i doubt it) but the only other option is hardware /:
    I'm on Backside.
    Maybe a bad flash? Have you tried WIPING EVERYTHING AND RE FLASHING?

11-21-2011 11:47 PM
    @Tony: What type of router are you using?
    11-22-2011 06:33 AM
    I tried that the first time this happened, i can do it again.

11-22-2011 06:34 AM
    Go to phone settings/manage applications/market/clear data
    I've tried everything, driving me nuts. I've cleared cache/data, uninstalled market updates, installed/uninstalled several different apps, uninstalled /reinstalled market, installed older market, TB Market Doctor, flashed different ROMs... nothing works. It must have something to do with my account or something, seems to be a known issue for google. AppBrain helps with the updates but it's annoying. Hopefully it fixes itself eventually. Here's a screen shot of "my apps":
    11-22-2011 08:05 AM
    I would make a new GMAIL account and port over contacts.

11-22-2011 08:31 AM
    The market sometimes picks my second google account when I flash a fresh CM ROM. Check the settings in the market splash screen and pick "accounts" to select your main google account with all the app records.
    11-22-2011 11:34 AM
6,009 ... 116117118119120 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD