09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 117118119120121 ...
tools
    I would make a new GMAIL account and port over contacts.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    The market sometimes picks my second google account when I flash a fresh CM ROM. Check the settings in the market splash screen and pick "accounts" to select your main google account with all the app records.
    Created another Gmail account, same problem...
    11-22-2011 12:54 PM
    NOTE- Something is wrong with the bootanimation, sorry, be patient, it is booting even though it looks frozen, will have a flasable fix up soon.

New build is up!

BACKside-IHO-VM670-11222011.zip
    md5sum b9ccd0fcbdf6d3fe1e54e7875405bdf9

GreenMachineTheme-11222011.zip

Changes 11222011: Synced with CM7.2
    -lots of improvements from CM
    --video support for omap now enabled
    --changes to improve screen performance
    --changes to improve audio performance
    --camera click sound issue fixed
    --lockscreen single ring option and middle ring unlock option
    --lots of other changes can be viewed on gerrit
    -cherry-picked the carrier name change commit
    -reverted the commits that broke the camera

Thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, the CM team, AOSP, and everyone else
    (I could make a paragraph full of names, please don't be offended if I left you out )
    11-22-2011 02:36 PM
    Thanks Jerry. Is anything broken in the 11-09 build? I just installed that one this morning.

Sent via VM670
    11-22-2011 03:26 PM
    Just the camera sound with video recording bug in the 1109 afaik. But the changes I pulled in do seem to make a difference. The commit that dealt with screen opaqueness intrigued me, should improve overall performance combined with the other commits!
    11-22-2011 03:29 PM
    A new ICS keyboard port works properly on the OV by 'Binary Bulge'

https://market.android.com/details?i...cream_sandwich

EDIT: Found a another port 'ICS Keyboard' by vllwp that works too, has more features, & uses less RAM:

https://market.android.com/details?i...utmethod.latin
    Spiral_ouT#AC and tony5593 like this.
    11-22-2011 03:34 PM
    @Jerry Just uploaded your latest and played around with it for a bit. Some things I notice, camera sound is working again, although I've already shut it off. That sound is horrible! Overall responsiveness seems improved from your last build. There was noticeable lag with my live wallpaper and heavy screen transition that has completely vanished on this build. Also, my computer recognizes my device for mass storage mode which it didn't on the previous build (I think that problem might of been isolated to just me).

Thanks for the update!

A new ICS keyboard port works properly on the OV by 'Binary Bulge'

https://market.android.com/details?i...cream_sandwich
    Great! Thanks for sharing. I was loving everything about the ICS keyboard other than the bottom row being cut off. I'll give this version a try in a minute.

Edit: Wow.. This keyboard is perfect.
    JerryScript likes this.
    11-22-2011 04:06 PM
    Just the camera sound with video recording bug in the 1109 afaik. But the changes I pulled in do seem to make a difference. The commit that dealt with screen opaqueness intrigued me, should improve overall performance combined with the other commits!
    Thanks! So that bug was just a lack of camera shutter sound or was something up with the camera itself?

Sent via VM670
    11-22-2011 05:37 PM
    Thanks JerryScript again....

I just applied the 11222011 update and its working great, exactly as advertised. Nice Job. I love the new lock screen, now I can slide up or right with either thumb and that's a big plus with me. Camera shutter sound fix is working great. Oh and by the way your new updater did work however it said the file couldn't be found but when I backed out of the update I saw it downloading in my notification bar so it did work.

Thanks again
    11-22-2011 06:28 PM
    Just noticed that the new updater app is gone in this build. Anyone else missing it?

Sent from my InferiorHumanOrgan OV CM7.2 using Tapatalk.
    11-22-2011 07:01 PM
    Spiral_ouT

You are right the updater is missing in this current build 11222011. Jerry did say that is wasn't working correctly in the last version and he was going to correct it in his next build he must still be working on it.
    11-22-2011 07:20 PM
    @SpiralOut, i just realized yesterday that my OV doesn't get recognized as a Mass Storage Device either.

And can't wait to flash Jerry's latest & try out that keyboard.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    11-22-2011 07:35 PM
    Did anyone Else's headset button stop working again with the latest build?
    11-22-2011 10:11 PM
    Going back to Binary Bulge's ICS keyboard because it doesn't request full internet access like vllwp's port, suspiscious for a keyboard app.
    11-22-2011 10:25 PM
    When you are upgrading from an older version of IHO. About a month old. What do i wipe and format?
    11-22-2011 11:44 PM
    When you are upgrading from an older version of IHO. About a month old. What do i wipe and format?
    Usually a cache & dalvik-cache wipe is all that's needed.
    11-23-2011 12:13 AM
    Thanks! So that bug was just a lack of camera shutter sound or was something up with the camera itself?

Sent via VM670
    It was a bug with the code that played the sounds themeselves, they would get called to play twice (remember that weird sounding click, it was actually two clicks). Although the main CM dev team is now focusing on ICS porting, there is still a vast community submitted patches that continue to improve performance.

A note about ICS- I have played with it extensively on the emulator, and to be honest, I don't like it on a phone. It's great on a tablet, but it's not much more than themed gingerbread on a phone imho. Of course, there's lots more under the hood, but from a usability standpoint, I don't see a huge improvement for phones at this point.
    11-23-2011 12:19 AM
    It was a bug with the code that played the sounds themeselves, they would get called to play twice (remember that weird sounding click, it was actually two clicks). Although the main CM dev team is now focusing on ICS porting, there is still a vast community submitted patches that continue to improve performance.

A note about ICS- I have played with it extensively on the emulator, and to be honest, I don't like it on a phone. It's great on a tablet, but it's not much more than themed gingerbread on a phone imho. Of course, there's lots more under the hood, but from a usability standpoint, I don't see a huge improvement for phones at this point.
    Im not a big fan of honeycomb, and I got the same impression as you with ics, I more excited to test the real life performance on our phones. Visually, I think its ugly and a bit unpractical for a phone. I always do my own themeing so I can bypass the looks, I will probably stick with IHO for my daily driver, I stayed with reborn until you mad scientists perfected gingerbread for the ov
    11-23-2011 12:45 AM
    I think the blue text on black background in ICS is actually harder to read. But I'm guessing it's what's under the hood that is better, like hardware acceleration, and the ICS keyboard (matters a lot since on our small phones, the kb always feels cramped).
    11-23-2011 12:53 AM
    Okay, I'm new to the whole ROM thing.... I just downloaded the newest 11222011 CM7 IHO update .zip file, how do I apply this update in my recovery without screwing things up? Will I lose apps?
    The more info, the better
    11-23-2011 02:21 AM
    testing the keyboard. Seems more fluid than the stock but the keys are just enough out of sync with stock to make me have to slow down. That might be why it feels more fluid to me.
    11-23-2011 03:04 AM
    here are some bugs or idk
    1) the boot animation gets stuck ( but not really a problem)
    2) mic headset doesnt work :/
    if i find anything else ill report it back to u
    ty for working on this rom. means alot
    JerryScript likes this.
    11-23-2011 04:20 AM
    I noticed the same things. Still a great ROM though.
    11-23-2011 04:46 AM
    Aside from the button on my headset not working anymore, my mic headset works just fine.
    11-23-2011 06:49 AM
    Okay, I'm new to the whole ROM thing.... I just downloaded the newest 11222011 CM7 IHO update .zip file, how do I apply this update in my recovery without screwing things up? Will I lose apps?
    The more info, the better
    Since you are flashing a custom ROM for the first time, you need to follow the steps I laid out in the third post in this thread.
    charkswitlazers likes this.
    11-23-2011 06:59 AM
    Attached is a flashable zip file to fix the headset key issue. Sorry, I was syncing with CM7.2 and preping for a push to try to get our phones officially supported, forgot to add this file back in.
    kraven likes this.
    11-23-2011 07:33 AM
6,009 ... 117118119120121 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD