09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 118119120121122 ...
tools
    I work in the landscape construction field. Everyone has different carriers. My MMS has had issues since aospCM7. I work with many dudes that have UN-smart phones. I need to be able to send /receive pics to check jobs and troubleshoot problems as well as document issues. Half of them do not even have e-mail. Three years ago driving to sites and taking pics was the standard. I have just dealt with the issues. NOW.... I am going to test all my different crew members and crew leaders carriers, phones, etc. And document what works and what does not. I am prob in a position to check alot of variables.Not that it will solve anything BUT, now that it is cold here in bumfuk PA I have time to play
    11-23-2011 07:59 AM
    The incoming text vibrate notification doesn't work..
    It still vibrates for phone calls, but not texts..
    (for the 11222011 update, not sure if it did this on other ones, im new to CM7)
    11-23-2011 10:32 AM
    The incoming text vibrate notification doesn't work..
    It still vibrates for phone calls, but not texts..
    (for the 11222011 update, not sure if it did this on other ones, im new to CM7)
    Make sure you check the settings in SMS mine was set to never vibrate, just set it and tested it now and it works fine
    charkswitlazers likes this.
    11-23-2011 11:24 AM
    A note about ICS- I have played with it extensively on the emulator, and to be honest, I don't like it on a phone. It's great on a tablet, but it's not much more than themed gingerbread on a phone imho. Of course, there's lots more under the hood, but from a usability standpoint, I don't see a huge improvement for phones at this point.
    I agree, ICS looks pretty fugly in the emulator.
    I'm just after trying the latest and greatest right now, so I can decide whether to move on up or stick with GB.
    I know that I couldn't revert to froyo from GB just because of one single feature, the text selector.
    I'm wondering if there will be similar little improvements which force me to upgrade to ICS once it's available.

on topic, you devs produce upgrades for IHO so fast I don't even test most of them! My limited bandwidth keeps me less interested in downloading, and everything I use on the phone has worked fine for quite a while now. I'm fairly updated with a 10/29 build of mirage at this point...

thanks to all you IHO devs for the continuing high-grade support for the OV. Makes LG's software ethic look pretty pathetic by comparison!
    JerryScript likes this.
    11-23-2011 11:27 AM
    So I found a random feature that I have never been able to get to work..under cynogemmod settings the lock screen Widgets...the upcoming calandar events never show..ideas?
    11-23-2011 11:33 AM
    So I found a random feature that I have never been able to get to work..under cynogemmod settings the lock screen Widgets...the upcoming calandar events never show..ideas?
    On the 11-09 build of BACKside it works fine.

Make sure you check the lookahead option. By default its set to three hours. If your next appointment is any more than three hours away it wont show. Increase the lookahead time and see if that's the problem.

Sent via VM670
    11-23-2011 11:42 AM
    testing the keyboard. Seems more fluid than the stock but the keys are just enough out of sync with stock to make me have to slow down. That might be why it feels more fluid to me.
    I went back to Binary Bulge's ICS keyboard since it doesn't request full internet permissions like vllwp's. Anyway ICS keyboard have a longer delay in the popup preview, it doesn't slow down typing, just sticks around for a few milliseconds longer so it can actually be seen compared to GB's popups. In the settings, you can change it to disappear quicker so it's more like GB's KB.

Also comparing vllwp's version to binary bulge's version, the latter has bigger keys, so that may explain it too (I noticed it at first, but thought it was just in my head, until I compared screenshots side by side)

11-23-2011 12:28 PM
    On the 11-09 build of BACKside it works fine.

Make sure you check the lookahead option. By default its set to three hours. If your next appointment is any more than three hours away it wont show. Increase the lookahead time and see if that's the problem.

Sent via VM670
    Its set to 1 week..also made sure the proper calendars are shown..still no go ..
    11-23-2011 12:43 PM
    I went back to Binary Bulge's ICS keyboard since it doesn't request full internet permissions like vllwp's. Anyway ICS keyboard have a longer delay in the popup preview, it doesn't slow down typing, just sticks around for a few milliseconds longer so it can actually be seen compared to GB's popups. In the settings, you can change it to disappear quicker so it's more like GB's KB.

Also comparing vllwp's version to binary bulge's version, the latter has bigger keys, so that may explain it too (I noticed it at first, but thought it was just in my head, until I compared screenshots side by side)

Click to view quoted image
    Click to view quoted image
    We don't have enough screen to loose some over larger buttons. I am waiting until all these keyboard have had time to mature. They are only slightly different than GB's.
    11-23-2011 02:28 PM
    Everything about this ROM works great for me, but the latest version of Netflix (which I'm forced to update to) runs unreasonably slow. It works fine on stock. Anyone else have this problem and fix it?

Fixed it myself, found the repository of update check disabled versions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...97&postcount=2 and installed 1.2.2
    11-23-2011 03:11 PM
    Its set to 1 week..also made sure the proper calendars are shown..still no go ..
    Bummer. Though it works for me now, I have had some weirdness myself with this widget. Recently on BobZhome, the widget would show appointments one hour early no matter what I tweaked.

Sent via VM670
    11-23-2011 03:42 PM
    Bummer. Though it works for me now, I have had some weirdness myself with this widget. Recently on BobZhome, the widget would show appointments one hour early no matter what I tweak
    Sent via VM670
    Which lockscreen are you using?
    11-23-2011 03:49 PM
    Which lockscreen are you using?
    Rotary.

Sent via VM670
    11-23-2011 04:24 PM
    Make sure you check the settings in SMS mine was set to never vibrate, just set it and tested it now and it works fine
    Wow, I'm an *****!
    Haha thanks dude. I should've checked first. Odd however that it was default set to never vibrate.
    11-23-2011 04:33 PM
    This is probably a dumb question but do i need to do a full wipe if i want to switch between different builds, like from Mrg to Bob, or just for the initial switch to iho?
    11-23-2011 04:40 PM
    This is probably a dumb question but do i need to do a full wipe if i want to switch between different builds, like from Mrg to Bob, or just for the initial switch to iho?
    I've switched between Jerry's and MrG's without wiping. Everything works great, except MMS. I just stopped trying to use MMS all together. It hasn't worked right since the beginning.

Sent from my IHO LG OP V using Tapatalk
    Armacham likes this.
    11-23-2011 04:54 PM
    Rotary.

Sent via VM670
    Could you attach a screenshot of what its suposed to look like please?
    11-23-2011 05:00 PM
    Jerry, the volume sounds louder ..
    I hope its not just me :P
    bdieu17 and JerryScript like this.
    11-23-2011 08:17 PM
    I'm using Jerry's Backside rom, but anyone having problems with low in-call volume when using headsets? Everything else is working perfect.
    JerryScript likes this.
    11-23-2011 09:10 PM
    I work in the landscape construction field. Everyone has different carriers. My MMS has had issues since aospCM7. I work with many dudes that have UN-smart phones. I need to be able to send /receive pics to check jobs and troubleshoot problems as well as document issues. Half of them do not even have e-mail. Three years ago driving to sites and taking pics was the standard. I have just dealt with the issues. NOW.... I am going to test all my different crew members and crew leaders carriers, phones, etc. And document what works and what does not. I am prob in a position to check alot of variables.Not that it will solve anything BUT, now that it is cold here in bumfuk PA I have time to play
    You could always have them text/send the picture to your e-mail, then you e-mail their phone...

That's what I do as I've always used Google Voice for SMS, but it has no MMS support.
    11-23-2011 09:25 PM
    We don't have enough screen to loose some over larger buttons. I am waiting until all these keyboard have had time to mature. They are only slightly different than GB's.
    I wish we had more screen real estate too, but the larger version is standard ICS keyboard size, the shrunk one was just heavily modified ICS, which made it harder to type on. The ICS keyboard has some internal improvements, a bit more accurate I think, although it's hard to quantify.

Actually comparing GB to Binary Bulge's ICS keyboard, the latter takes less space:

11-23-2011 10:08 PM
    Wow, I'm an *****!
    Haha thanks dude. I should've checked first. Odd however that it was default set to never vibrate.
    Vibrations take more battery juice than any other single item on the phone, so vibrations are disabled by default.
    kraven and charkswitlazers like this.
    11-23-2011 10:50 PM
    Between here and xda there has been alot of talk about ics keyboard. You guys should start a new thread for it, since this thread is a trillion pages already, it really makes it hard for people to find answers, which causes a mass rerun of questions. Its like summertime tv, nothing but reruns
    11-23-2011 11:29 PM
    Between here and xda there has been alot of talk about ics keyboard. You guys should start a new thread for it, since this thread is a trillion pages already, it really makes it hard for people to find answers, which causes a mass rerun of questions. Its like summertime tv, nothing but reruns
    Even without it, people will still ask questions over again. People, should start a new thread, i agree with that, but people just don't seem to know how to search.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, ICS Themed Optimus V
    11-23-2011 11:38 PM
    Is there any way to charge the phone without having it on while using IHO? I noticed that my phone always boots up by default when a charger is plugged in..Not that it really bothers me too much, but I find my phone to charge a bit faster when it's off.
    11-23-2011 11:54 PM
6,009 ... 118119120121122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD