09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 125126127128129 ...
tools
    Thanks! I hope everything goes okay at the hospital.
    Thanks, its nothing major. I love testing things, I just wish I had more free time to contribute. My 7year old and wife take most of what time I do have, I wish I could flash a costume rom I could flash on them to be less needy.. just kidding. PS howabout my packers today!
    12-05-2011 12:23 AM
    I think I've found a market fix that is simple and seems to work, need testers.
    note- as always, backups are recommended before attempting any fix

Download com.keramidas TitaniumBackup from the market. I do not know if it requires the pro (paid) version, I have the paid version installed, so I need someone with the free version only to test please.

Open it, let it load fully, then press your menu key. Select the more tab, then select "Integrate sys Dalvik into ROM." There is an "Undo sys Dalvik integration" option you can use to undo it should it not work out for you.

Since doing this, I've been able to update everything I had not been able to, and install apps I had not been able to. The messages I had been receiving that were fixed are insufficient space messages. I doubt this will help with any other type of errors. Please let me know if this helps you.
    12-05-2011 02:00 AM
    That's not in the free version.
    12-05-2011 02:17 AM
    Hmm, I'll look into the methodology used then.
    12-05-2011 02:48 AM
    I think I've found a market fix that is simple and seems to work, need testers.
    note- as always, backups are recommended before attempting any fix

Download com.keramidas TitaniumBackup from the market. I do not know if it requires the pro (paid) version, I have the paid version installed, so I need someone with the free version only to test please.

Open it, let it load fully, then press your menu key. Select the more tab, then select "Integrate sys Dalvik into ROM." There is an "Undo sys Dalvik integration" option you can use to undo it should it not work out for you.

Since doing this, I've been able to update everything I had not been able to, and install apps I had not been able to. The messages I had been receiving that were fixed are insufficient space messages. I doubt this will help with any other type of errors. Please let me know if this helps you.
    You can also go to the market and get an app called marketfix (make sure its one word) and it will do the same thing. Or with link2sd you can link the delvik and lib files to your SD and that will fix it also
    12-05-2011 08:26 AM
    Thanks, its nothing major. I love testing things, I just wish I had more free time to contribute. My 7year old and wife take most of what time I do have, I wish I could flash a costume rom I could flash on them to be less needy.. just kidding. PS howabout my packers today!
    19-0 baby!
    12-05-2011 10:13 AM
    I was playing around with rom manager today and I noticed all of the current iho roms are on there now. I'm just wondering who is putting them there, it must not be causing too many problems, I don't see alot of posts from people having issues with it
    12-05-2011 11:15 AM
    I just realized that you could swipe erase notifications int the pulldown bar
    12-05-2011 11:24 AM
    Still, they should not be posted on there without permission.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    12-05-2011 11:49 AM
    Still, they should not be posted on there without permission.

I agree with you but atleast its not like the aospcmod disaster 6 months ago
    12-05-2011 11:57 AM
    I agree with you but atleast its not like the aospcmod disaster 6 months ago
    But there is the potential for it to be like that dissaster since we don't know the origin of the files posted there.

I'm trying to turn over a new leaf in regards to RM, but I still have 120 hours of wasted life helping people who bricked their phones with RM, so it's not easy to forgive and forget. Especially since koush doesn't help or take any responsibility for his paid app!
    12-05-2011 12:47 PM
    But there is the potential for it to be like that dissaster since we don't know the origin of the files posted there.

I'm trying to turn over a new leaf in regards to RM, but I still have 120 hours of wasted life helping people who bricked their phones with RM, so it's not easy to forgive and forget. Especially since koush doesn't help or take any responsibility for his paid app!
    I remember, I had instructions on how to flash recovery images copied on my phone so i could just paste it everytime people asked.
    12-05-2011 12:53 PM
    Does anyone know how to use wired tether? I'm using Jerry's 11/22 build and when I try to turn wired tethering on, it says it's on for about a second then it turns off.
    12-05-2011 03:54 PM
    I think the new kernel in recent roms does have poorer battery life.

12-05-2011 04:14 PM
    Does anyone know how to use wired tether? I'm using Jerry's 11/22 build and when I try to turn wired tethering on, it says it's on for about a second then it turns off.
    I don't use USB tethering, but Blarf does have this:
    https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...ptimus_drivers
    louis.freund likes this.
    12-05-2011 05:30 PM
    Something wasn't installed right. Check the md5 value of the downloaded ROM zip file, be sure it matches the posted value.

1- Reboot into recovery
    2- Wipe cache, and under advanced wipe dalvik cache
    3- Format boot, system, data, and cache
    4- Flash the ROM zip file
    5- Flash gapps
    6- Reboot

It should take about 4 1/2 to 5 minutes to fully boot the first time.
    Thanks, the extra step of formatting the boot, system, data and cache fixed it.
    12-05-2011 06:10 PM
    Thanks, the extra step of formatting the boot, system, data and cache fixed it.
    Glad you hit it working, enjoy your new phone!
    12-05-2011 06:43 PM
    I use EasyTether from the market. It is a paid app, but I find it is worth it. Install the app on your phone and follow the setup instructions. You will have to install the Easy Tether software on you PC or laptop. I don't use it that often, but it does work so much better than wifi tethering and also allows you to charge while surfing.
    12-05-2011 07:25 PM
    Did anyone else lose headset button functionality on Jerry's 11/22 build? It was working fine on my old build (I skipped a few updates) and when I updated to 11/22 it stopped working, but everything else is great. Maybe I just need to reflash and try again?
    12-05-2011 07:53 PM
    Did anyone else lose headset button functionality on Jerry's 11/22 build? It was working fine on my old build (I skipped a few updates) and when I updated to 11/22 it stopped working, but everything else is great. Maybe I just need to reflash and try again?
    I also don't have headset controls with BACKside 11-22. Jerry posted a link to a flashable fix for it but it didn't work. I flashed it and i still don't have headset control.

Tapatalk via iPod touch
    12-05-2011 08:02 PM
    Google Goggles works fine for me as well, though I downloaded it originally when signing in to gapps, it's one of the apps you can choose when setting up the market install for the first time.

I would say do a complete wipe (cache and dalvik, a complete format (boot, system, data, cache), then flash the ROM and gapps. Do NOT restore any apps or data till you have tested out the issue. If everything works, reinstall a few apps, then test again, repeat till you find an issue, or have everything restored with no issues.

If you have troubles after this, report here and we will try to help.
    Fixed!

Must have been a bad flash or something...
    JerryScript likes this.
    12-05-2011 08:23 PM
    Also, which apk matches up with the "Video" option in the ADW Launcher drawer? I'm trying to remove some of the non-essentials but I don't wanna delete the wrong thing lol
    12-05-2011 09:26 PM
    Also, which apk matches up with the "Video" option in the ADW Launcher drawer? I'm trying to remove some of the non-essentials but I don't wanna delete the wrong thing lol
    The video icon launches an intent to the video player, with a special key to display a list of video files.
    jdcnosse likes this.
    12-05-2011 10:15 PM
    The video icon launches an intent to the video player, with a special key to display a list of video files.
    Yes I noticed when I got rid of the stock Gallery and replaced it with QuickPic that the video icon disappeared...
    12-06-2011 12:14 AM
    My phone will not mount usb at work, but works at home. It used to work with the stock rom.

I take it that the LG drivers need to be installed?
    12-06-2011 06:45 PM
6,009 ... 125126127128129 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD