09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 128129130131132 ...
tools
    I can't take screenshots by holding down the power button.
    Not having that problem, screenshots work just fine for me.
    12-08-2011 09:26 AM
    Sooo, it just randomly started working.
    It kept giving me an error and saying saved in null.
    Lol, oh well.
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    12-08-2011 10:00 AM
    Flashed it a few hours and I gotta say that I freakin' love this ROM. The other one I tried was MiRaGe and it was buggy (rebooting even though there wasn't much RAM being taken up). BACKside is a score, the fellas who developed this constructed it very well. Can't wait to see what turns out when the CM devs finally get ahold of ICS source. I expect a great CM porting to the OV by the BACKside crew when they release the 4.0 code. Loving it guys, you did well.
    I'll echo what Jerry and others have said: You must have had a bad flash or bad download of MiRaGe.

I've been on MiRaGe for a while, currently on the 12/01 build, and I tell you, I cannot find ANYTHING that doesn't work on it. I read this thread every day, and even the little issues that seem to be accepted as common across IHO or CM7, I cannot reproduce them on this ROM. It runs fast too, I've been able to take my OC from 729 to 806 (with heavy stability testing). And somehow I seem to have more internal memory. I don't know if that's even possible or just placebo.

I had more bugs on stock ROM than on this one. It's so perfect, it's almost boring

I guess my point is if anybody has a lot of problems -- with ANY of these IHO ROMS -- it's probably a problem with the download, the flash or some corruption when you restored apps, not with the ROM itself. Just saying...
    mrg666 likes this.
    12-08-2011 10:25 AM
    With the 12-7 build of backside I get no audio on my videos about half the time. Should I just delete those ogg files? If so, where are they located again? I forget where they were. Or can I just turn off shutter sounds in the CyanogenMod settings to fix it?

Sent via VM670
    12-08-2011 10:26 AM
    Everything seems to be working as greatly as ever on your newest build, Jerry (including headset button, yay!). Great work to all the IHO dev's. You make a cheap phone one of the best out there!
    JerryScript likes this.
    12-08-2011 08:23 PM
    ooh ooh. So question.

Is there a way to retain/backup my settings to apps that get reflashed when I update IHO?

For instance, all the settings in my stock Messaging app get reset back to default.
    12-08-2011 08:58 PM
    ooh ooh. So question.

Is there a way to retain/backup my settings to apps that get reflashed when I update IHO?

For instance, all the settings in my stock Messaging app get reset back to default.
    Are you sure you're following the directions for updating and not flashing from a new ROM? because when I update, all my settings are still there
    12-08-2011 09:01 PM
    Any recommends for CPU speed settings with backside

12-08-2011 09:08 PM
    Are you sure you're following the directions for updating and not flashing from a new ROM? because when I update, all my settings are still there
    Same here. I just upgraded from the old ROM this afternoon and all my apps were still there.
    12-08-2011 09:23 PM
    i got the diddy beasts by dr. dre with control talk the up and down volume bottons dont work with this rom im using the latests mirage build
    do you guys know any way to fix this please
    12-08-2011 09:33 PM
    With the 12-7 build of backside I get no audio on my videos about half the time. Should I just delete those ogg files? If so, where are they located again? I forget where they were. Or can I just turn off shutter sounds in the CyanogenMod settings to fix it?

Sent via VM670
    We are working on the sound bug in videos. CyanogenMod did some crazy stuff with committing changes and then reverting then recommitting half of them, then reverting again. Gonna take some time to straighten it all out.

For now, try disabling the camera shutter sound in the settings menu. That's the recomendation from the CM maintainer I've spoken to about the issue.
    Ticojpunk likes this.
    12-08-2011 09:34 PM
    Yeppers. Just wiped cache and dalvik and then flashed the new update. I had to go through and re-delete all the apps I deleted lol but my settings in my messaging app were all set back to default.
    12-08-2011 10:29 PM
    Battery life after the first day of use of your newest build Jerry- just wanted to put this out there for people worried about battery life on this ROM- I get better then stock. Don't ask how my battery went up without charging; Backside must unlock the secret reserve battery hidden in the Optimus V when the battery gets low, lol.

Attachment 18707

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, ICS Themed Optimus V
    12-08-2011 11:00 PM
    Battery life after the first day of use of your newest build Jerry- just wanted to put this out there for people worried about battery life on this ROM- I get better then stock. Don't ask how my battery went up without charging; Backside must unlock the secret reserve battery hidden in the Optimus V when the battery gets low, lol.

Attachment 18707

Is this with any special settings? Like no 3G?

12-08-2011 11:39 PM
    Yeah, with 3G off because, in the screenshot its off & he had wifi on for awhile too.

12-09-2011 01:53 AM
    the audio is kinda screwy! just reporting that. its makes the distorted sound once in a while,. ty
    12-09-2011 02:31 AM
    the audio is kinda screwy! just reporting that. its makes the distorted sound once in a while,. ty
    If you could give any specific examples, it would help track down your issue.
    linzoill likes this.
    12-09-2011 02:42 AM

Attachment 18707

Your battery appeared to go up at the end because the phone didn't really know how much juice the battery had. Charge it all the way up, unplug for a couple of minutes, plug back in and wait for 5 minutes. Unplug it, and reboot into recovery. Wipe battery stats then reboot.

Resetting your battery stats will not give you exact results in your battery gauge for a few days. It works on an algorithm that takes into account discharge/recharge capacity and amperage, the time it took, and previous results. Those previous results are what fine tunes the phone's usage of the battery, so give it a couple of days before expecting the true results.
    12-09-2011 02:49 AM
    anyone see adw launcher for 10cent in the market. Not sure the did between normal and ex but i picked up a couple of the 10cent apps just cause i could lol.

Sent from your mom's phone.
    linzoill likes this.
    12-09-2011 07:49 AM
    We are working on the sound bug in videos. CyanogenMod did some crazy stuff with committing changes and then reverting then recommitting half of them, then reverting again. Gonna take some time to straighten it all out.

For now, try disabling the camera shutter sound in the settings menu. That's the recomendation from the CM maintainer I've spoken to about the issue.
    That's what I've done for now. Haven't taken a lot of videos since but the few test videos I took were fine.

Sent via VM670
    JerryScript likes this.
    12-09-2011 08:11 AM
    I have new build https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...rc/wiki/Binary

Changelog

12-08-11:

1. sync'd up with CM: Updates to a lot of system apps since last release
    2. Kernel v3.4: Tweak: Bluetooth fix

Please don't thank me, instead donate to Blarf for all the great work he has done.

Enjoy!
    12-09-2011 11:00 AM
    I've been having numerous force closes with the Music App among others - but most predominately it is the Music app. Music continues to play, the app freezes, i force close, music still playing (until end of song seems to have the song in cache) and re-open Music to a blank screen. I kill all tasks, wait till song stops, and restart to find it acting normal (only for a few minutes until the process repeats).

Don't know if this is a problem with I.H.O. or Music, or just my dumb luck.

Thoughts?
    12-09-2011 02:00 PM
    I've been having numerous force closes with the Music App among others - but most predominately it is the Music app. Music continues to play, the app freezes, i force close, music still playing (until end of song seems to have the song in cache) and re-open Music to a blank screen. I kill all tasks, wait till song stops, and restart to find it acting normal (only for a few minutes until the process repeats).

Don't know if this is a problem with I.H.O. or Music, or just my dumb luck.

Thoughts?
    I use the new Google Music all the time, no problems, no FCs (of this or any apps).

Maybe try and clear data for the app (in settings-app management) see if that solves it. I know, it means you'll have to download offline music again... Better than starting all over.

I'm on MiRaGe 12/01 build.

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO
    12-09-2011 02:17 PM
    is it me or does the download page in github is all messed up
    12-09-2011 02:33 PM
    is it me or does the download page in github is all messed up
    No it looks okay to me. You should have your eyes checked
    riggerman likes this.
    12-09-2011 02:47 PM
6,009 ... 128129130131132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD