[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
flashed IHO Mirage 1022 build.

I swear this is just a coincidence :)

I have uploaded the 10292011 build to the Wiki. This build comes with many small changes merged into CM repo. Followings are some of them
- Fix bug when wifi locks are acquired and released quickly
- Tether: dont log as errors 'ignored' messages
- Add status bar battery icon configuration. You can now remove it completely.
- profiles: Handle corrupt profiles.xml
- PowerWidget : Sound mode fix
- Fix audio notifications
- libstagefright: fix JPEG decoder component name typo
- CacheManager: fix issue with expire time set to "now"
- frameworks/base: surfaceflinger: Increase min texture width limit
- hiding dBm display when in airplane mode
- Lockscreen calendar now supports all-day events, event description, and location, new calendar icon
- Maintain separate media volumes for when the headset is and is not plugged in

I have also uploaded the matching 10292011 transparency theme. Please don't use the themes from previous builds and boot at least once before flashing the theme.

I have tested on my phone and it seems to be working fine.
Many thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, Bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and the CM theme.
Enjoy!

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I swear this is just a coincidence :)
I have uploaded the 10292011 build to the Wiki

LOL!

Hey, no problem for me, I am using this first flash as a test anyway, so I'll just re-flash with the new version when I get to that.

I was thinking of restoring my old stock image first to see if I can find a way to carry my sms, call log and browser bookmarks over to the new ROM. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks again for your great work -- all of you!

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
LOL!

Hey, no problem for me, I am using this first flash as a test anyway, so I'll just re-flash with the new version when I get to that.

I was thinking of restoring my old stock image first to see if I can find a way to carry my sms, call log and browser bookmarks over to the new ROM. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks again for your great work -- all of you!

You can use MyBackup on the Market. Titanium might also do that.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
You can use MyBackup on the Market. Titanium might also do that.

Thanks. I used MyBackup for it once before, some 3-4 months ago when I did a Factory Reset (before rooting ;-) This time it wouldn't run because I'd already used my 30-day trial back then.

I couldn't figure a way to do it with Titanium -- except backup/restore the raw data from an app of a previous version. Maybe there is a better way to do it in TB I just didn't see.

Thanks again!

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so my sister just got one of the newer 2.2.2 V's with the new screen drivers, and I just rooted it. I downloaded BobZ's recovery version for the newer screens,and the latest BACKside build. I got terminal emulator, and I'm trying to flash the recovery, but it just won't flash! I typed
$ su
# cd sdcard
# flash_image recovery VM670NH_recovery.img

To which it then says

flash_image: not found

It's definetely on the SD Card, just don't know why it won't flash.
You would think I would know how to do this, I have done it on my own phone several times...

Help?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
The binary file flash_image is what is missing, not the recovery image file.

You will need to use ADB to push the flash_image file to /system/bin and set it's permissions to rwxr-xr-x, then reboot. Once you boot back up, open Terminal emulator (download it if you don't already have it), then type in the following:
Code:
su
flash_image /sdcard/NAME_OF_RECOVERY.img
reboot recovery
This should install the new recovery, and boot you into it. ;)

Here's a download link to flash_image

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The binary file flash_image is what is missing, not the recovery image file.

You will need to use ADB to push the flash_image file to /system/bin and set it's permissions to rwxr-xr-x, then reboot. Once you boot back up, open Terminal emulator (download it if you don't already have it), then type in the following:
Code:
su
flash_image /sdcard/NAME_OF_RECOVERY.img
reboot recovery
This should install the new recovery, and boot you into it. ;)

Here's a download link to flash_image

Wow, that was fast! Can I just move it there using rootexplorer? Also, how do I set the permissions to be rwxr-xr-x? Ha, I feel like I just got my phone again, this stuff is certainly NOT like learning to ride a bike :p

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely can't get mms to work on Bob's 10/13 build. I started on Bob's build, didn't work, flashed.Harmonia, it worked, flashed Bob's build from scratch, wiping everything squeaky clean, and still no go. Any input appreciated. While Virgin's 3g is often to blame, I am loathe to suggest that since mms worked under harmonia.

As always, thank you devs for keeping hope alive for the OV :)

Albert Ma

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
is anybody else having troubles with the /sd-ext not automounting?
running mirage 10/29 (slightly hacked)
the /sd-ext is ext4
it mounts fine from the command line. I'm not sure /system/etc/init.d/05mountsd is being run as I can't find the log messages in the logcat.

this is in my dmesg
<3>[ 9.814918] EXT3-fs: mmcblk0p2: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (40).
<3>[ 101.143309] EXT3-fs: mmcblk0p2: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (40).
<4>[ 101.144331] EXT2-fs: mmcblk0p2: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (40).
<6>[ 101.152849] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): mounted filesystem without journal

the last 3 are the result of mounting from the command line. btw, why is the journal disabled?

it may very well be my hacking, or something weird with my partition.

Albert Ma

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
the /sd-ext is ext4
it mounts fine from the command line. I'm not sure /system/etc/init.d/05mountsd is being run as I can't find the log messages in the logcat.

this is in my dmesg
<3>[ 9.814918] EXT3-fs: mmcblk0p2: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (40).
<3>[ 101.143309] EXT3-fs: mmcblk0p2: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (40).
<4>[ 101.144331] EXT2-fs: mmcblk0p2: couldn't mount because of unsupported optional features (40).

the last 3 are the result of mounting from the command line. btw, why is the journal disabled?

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
the /sd-ext is ext4

this is in my dmesg

I didnt have any problems, use the latest version of link2sd and hit the menu button and go to more, and select recreate mount script, chose your ext and reboot

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
On the latest mrg build I also noticed you can add the option to share your screenshot, its on the interface menue in the cm settings

AzraelsKiss

May 12, 2011
Visit site
The latest version of Mirage (10/29) appears as though it broke my Google Goggles. Checksum is correct... I did a full wipe and clean install three times... Tried rebooting... And the screen was still messed up whenever I tried to use Goggles... Like my homescreen got partially stuck to the screen.

Camera worked fine, and Goggles is working fine again now that I've gone back to 10/22. Just thought I'd mention my issue in case someone else sees the same issue. Thanks.

~Azrael's Kiss~

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely can't get mms to work on Bob's 10/13 build. I started on Bob's build, didn't work, flashed.Harmonia, it worked, flashed Bob's build from scratch, wiping everything squeaky clean, and still no go. Any input appreciated. While Virgin's 3g is often to blame, I am loathe to suggest that since mms worked under harmonia.

As always, thank you devs for keeping hope alive for the OV :)

The MMS problem is only happening to a small group for some reason and with me not being in that group, it makes it very hard to fix. I've asked when(what build) the problem started and I have gotten a few different answers, which makes it even tougher to track down. It would be a great help if someone that has the MMS problem could go through my builds to see when it was working and when it stopped.
Here are some of the dates I have heard:
Build 9/26 CM7.1RC1-VM670-BobZ-NH-092611.zip
Build 9/29 CM7.1.0-VM670-BobZ-NH-092911.zip
Build 10/10 CM7.1.0-VM670-BobZ-NH-101011.zip
Build 10/13 CM7.1.0.1-VM670-BobZhome-101311.zip
Start with 9/26, if it works move on and if it doesn't let me know and I'll post earlier dates.
This test shouldn't take much time to do:
1) backup current rom
2) wipe/format everything EXCEPT sdcard
3) only flash build(gapps and/or themes maybe cause the issue)
4) boot and test mms(do not install any apps, use default CM7 messaging app(an app you maybe installing could be causing the issue))
5) reboot and go back to #2)
6) when you find the good and broken versions...restore backup from # 1)
7) post working and broken build dates!
Thanks for the help!

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The MMS problem is only happening to a small group for some reason and with me not being in that group, it makes it very hard to fix. I've asked when(what build) the problem started and I have gotten a few different answers, which makes it even tougher to track down. It would be a great help if someone that has the MMS problem could go through my builds to see when it was working and when it stopped.
Here are some of the dates I have heard:
Build 9/26 CM7.1RC1-VM670-BobZ-NH-092611.zip
Build 9/29 CM7.1.0-VM670-BobZ-NH-092911.zip
Build 10/10 CM7.1.0-VM670-BobZ-NH-101011.zip
Build 10/13 CM7.1.0.1-VM670-BobZhome-101311.zip
Start with 9/26, if it works move on and if it doesn't let me know and I'll post earlier dates.
This test shouldn't take much time to do:
1) backup current rom
2) wipe/format everything EXCEPT sdcard
3) only flash build(gapps and/or themes maybe cause the issue)
4) boot and test mms(do not install any apps, use default CM7 messaging app(an app you maybe installing could be causing the issue))
5) reboot and go back to #2)
6) when you find the good and broken versions...restore backup from # 1)
7) post working and broken build dates!
Thanks for the help!

9/26 still not working, I can send but not receive, I tested 3g and its working

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
the /sd-ext is ext4

this is in my dmesg

I did a clean install and the same thing happened to me too, I went back to 10/22 and my sdext mounted just fine again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11