09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 131132133134135 ...
tools
    Purchased ADW EX when it was on sale in the Market for .10 cents

Had LaucherPro Plus on the phone but it would freeze on reboot when I CM7 themed the phone. Go Launcher worked wonderful (even with a third party CM7 theme), but it is BIG -- ADW EX is much smaller and runs smooth. The only glich with ADW EX is the scrolling wall paper - it jerks a bit on transitioning (end to end) - Go Launcher did not have this glich.

Update: Just looked at the comments in the Market for LPP and the FC on launch appears to be Gingerbread related.
    12-12-2011 11:27 PM
    Has anyone else experienced this with IHO recovery?

When I install a ROM with either the normal IHO recovery or BobZ's new one with support for newer screens, I get horrible, horrible battery life. Whenever I flash it, beforehand, I clear everything including dalvik two or three times sometimes but I seem to still get these problems. So I went back to CWM from ROM Manager, which I think it's the same as Koush because it's the same version number and these issues went away. I have tried several different ROMs and have calibrated the battery several times, all awful battery life.

My most recent install is BobZ's newest with the Koush (I think) recovery and I got 17 hours and only went down to 70%.

This is not a complaint. Just seeing others having battery life issues and wondering maybe it's related.
    12-12-2011 11:48 PM
    Odd effect ur experiencing because the recovery ur running can't effect ur battery life. The kernel controls that area and the ROM uses the kernel so either of those 2 can but not the recovery.
    12-12-2011 11:55 PM
    Odd effect ur experiencing because the recovery ur running can't effect ur battery life. The kernel controls that area and the ROM uses the kernel so either of those 2 can but not the recovery.
    Very odd indeed. Might be the wipes it performs. I'm really no expert. But that's the only correlation I noticed.
    12-13-2011 01:01 AM
    Haven't read anyone saying ICS would be better, that remains to be seen. Gingerbread is pretty well optimized for phones, but some of the non GUI based features in ICS look very interesting (ie new c&p functionality).
    12-13-2011 06:12 AM
    Haven't read anyone saying ICS would be better, that remains to be seen. Gingerbread is pretty well optimized for phones, but some of the non GUI based features in ICS look very interesting (ie new c&p functionality).
    Jerry, on the tablet side, ICS tends to deal with things (memory usage for example) quicker and more efficient than its predecessors. The test ROMs are very fast and really smooth. Even the standard browser is really quick at rendering pages. Some of the problems are the ways that ICS communicates are different as far as sensors are concerned. So things like the gravity sensors don't work until the proper drivers can be re-written/re-engineered to work properly.

sent from my ASUS Transformer running Prime 2.1.1 using Tapatalk
    12-13-2011 07:49 AM
    Jerry, on the tablet side, ICS tends to deal with things (memory usage for example) quicker and more efficient than its predecessors. The test ROMs are very fast and really smooth. Even the standard browser is really quick at rendering pages. Some of the problems are the ways that ICS communicates are different as far as sensors are concerned. So things like the gravity sensors don't work until the proper drivers can be re-written/re-engineered to work properly.

Yep, ICS seems to have much better memory management on my Iconia but of course it's kinda hacked together. CM9 will be the real test.
    12-13-2011 08:34 AM
    Purchased ADW EX when it was on sale in the Market for .10 cents

Had LaucherPro Plus on the phone but it would freeze on reboot when I CM7 themed the phone. Go Launcher worked wonderful (even with a third party CM7 theme), but it is BIG -- ADW EX is much smaller and runs smooth. The only glich with ADW EX is the scrolling wall paper - it jerks a bit on transitioning (end to end) - Go Launcher did not have this glich.

Update: Just looked at the comments in the Market for LPP and the FC on launch appears to be Gingerbread related.
    I got in on this deal too.I wanted to like it but Launcher Pro is just SO SMOOTH that I can't go back to anything else. Maybe I'll play around with go launcher as well
    12-13-2011 03:34 PM
    I recently flashed Kraven's build for the Optimus S, and the Ring Lock has Revamped rings as a optional switch. Is this to come? Or is it something he just added?
    12-13-2011 04:01 PM
    I formated everything and re-flashed the latest backside and now everything's back to normal. My buttons, market, all that.

Except this... xD
    I unplugged my phone at 90%. 16 minutes later it's at 81%...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    12-13-2011 04:50 PM
    I formated everything and re-flashed the latest backside and now everything's back to normal. My buttons, market, all that.

Except this... xD
    I unplugged my phone at 90%. 16 minutes later it's at 81%...

Try this: Install Koush CWM recovery and reinstall ROM. See if that fixes battery issue. Let me know.
    12-13-2011 05:06 PM
    Try this: Install Koush CWM recovery and reinstall ROM. See if that fixes battery issue. Let me know.
    That shouldn't matter. getting a good calibration on the battery is the best. then use it 3 to 4 days and see if you still have that problem.
    12-13-2011 05:21 PM
    That shouldn't matter. getting a good celebration on the battery is the best. then use it 3 to 4 days and see if you still have that problem.
    Drezliok, You're saying i should use this ROM for a few days then check battery life? I reformatted and flashed 2 days ago.

Anonymo, Question: With that recovery am i able to restore a froyo backup freely?

12-13-2011 05:23 PM
    Drezliok, You're saying i should use this ROM for a few days then check battery life? I reformatted and flashed 2 days ago.

Anonymo, Question: With that recovery am i able to restore a froyo backup freely?

I am saying that you have to calibrate the battery then use it for a few days so the phone can rebuild its battery info. After that it should settle down. I give mine a week to collect enough battery stats before I consider it accurate.
    sharpe351 and tony5593 like this.
    12-13-2011 05:59 PM
    I am saying that you have to calibrate the battery then use it for a few days so the phone can rebuild its battery info. After that it should settle down. I give mine a week to collect enough battery stats before I consider it accurate.
    Okay, ill wait a little more.. & Just to make sure, what do you mean by calibrate the battery?
    12-13-2011 06:22 PM
    12-13-2011 06:42 PM
    12-13-2011 06:43 PM
    Market keeps FC when downloading apps. Is this happening to everyone?

12-13-2011 07:51 PM
    Market keeps FC when downloading apps. Is this happening to everyone?

Which market are you using?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    12-13-2011 08:17 PM
    Which market are you using?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    Android Market. the app keeps FC when I buy an app to download.

12-13-2011 08:29 PM
    Same! I've been wondering about this! It's finally beginning to irk me. You download the app... any app, big or small. It downloads fine, but the second it hits "Installing..." the market FC's. I can't download any of my purchased 10 cent apps! I'm thinking it may have to do with the fact that I updated without undoing the market cache to SD card, but I don't know. Planning on doing a full wipe everything and reflash this weekend anyway, since I haven't done that in quote awhile. We'll see if that fixes it.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, ICS Themed Optimus V
    12-13-2011 09:24 PM
    I'm thinking it may have to do with the fact that I updated without undoing the market cache to SD card, but I don't know...
    Now you know.

I posted a warning in red letters when I posted my latest build, warning everyone to undo cache scripts before flashing. This is most likely your issue.
    sharpe351 likes this.
    12-13-2011 11:25 PM
    Now you know.

I posted a warning in red letters when I posted my latest build, warning everyone to undo cache scripts before flashing. This is most likely your issue.
    Yeah, and the thing is is it was early in the morning, I saw that, and was like "Oh, I'll wait till after school to flash" but then forgot, put it on my phone anyway, and flashed, completely forgetting about the having to move the market cache back. My bad . I'm sure the full wipe will fix it then.
    12-14-2011 05:16 AM
    Thanks Jerry, I did a data wipe from recovery and all is back to normal. Got my 10 cent apps installed no problem. I usually do a backup, but didn't this time for some odd reason.

12-14-2011 07:36 AM
    Now you know.

What are cached scripts?
    12-14-2011 10:58 AM
6,009 ... 131132133134135 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD