09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 133134135136137 ...
tools
    I'm getting pretty frequent mini freezing going on with the latest Mirage build...I don't have a lot installed on it either, Just Swype, Zedge, Go Launcher EX, Navigation, Adobe Reader, Facebook, Voxer, Youtube, and Words with Friends; When going in and out of menus or trying to select a contact to message, itll hang for a couple seconds, and its getting increasingly annoying.,...suggestions? This ROM was flashed with a wiped Optimus V
    12-15-2011 09:54 AM
    I'm getting pretty frequent mini freezing going on with the latest Mirage build...I don't have a lot installed on it either, Just Swype, Zedge, Go Launcher EX, Navigation, Adobe Reader, Facebook, Voxer, Youtube, and Words with Friends; When going in and out of menus or trying to select a contact to message, itll hang for a couple seconds, and its getting increasingly annoying.,...suggestions? This ROM was flashed with a wiped Optimus V
    Same build here. No freezing issues to speak of. Working great.

Sent from my IHO LG OP V using Tapatalk
    mrg666 likes this.
    12-15-2011 10:45 AM
    I'm still on mrg666's 12/01 build which has worked great for me. But on my wife's phone (same ROM) we saw something similar to what you describe.

Disabling Swype solved it. We ended up removing and re-installing Swype beta (going back to their registration email). So far that has been working.

For me it's a love-hate relationship with Swype. I couldn't live without it, but at the same time it makes typing even the simplest text incredibly hard because it always wants to outsmart me.

And I've come to understand why Swype beta is still beta

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO
    mrg666 likes this.
    12-15-2011 10:49 AM
    Have you tried partitioning your SD card, ever since I did my phone feels like a million bucks(16gb class 10). I have well over a 100 apps installed and my phone still thinks it has only 70mb of memory taken up. I am currently on mgr's 12/1 build and it is flawless and oc's at 864mhz. I was getting the invalid package error but once I moved dalvik in titanium backup, I have no problems with that anymore either.

Still waiting for VM to get a nexus phone of some sort, but until then my hand is glued to the OV thanks to our large dev community.
    12-15-2011 11:14 AM
    Same build here. No freezing issues to speak of. Working great.
    I'm still on mrg666's 12/01 build which has worked great for me. But on my wife's phone (same ROM) we saw something similar to what you describe.

Disabling Swype solved it. We ended up removing and re-installing Swype beta (going back to their registration email). So far that has been working.

For me it's a love-hate relationship with Swype. I couldn't live without it, but at the same time it makes typing even the simplest text incredibly hard because it always wants to outsmart me.

Thank you for the help.
    sharpe351 likes this.
    12-15-2011 11:15 AM
    Thank you for the help.
    I like these ROMs because the devs actually listen and make improvements and changes to fix even the smallest issues. This is what makes this ROM great.

sent from my ASUS Transformer running Prime 2.1.1 using Tapatalk
    notown and JerryScript like this.
    12-15-2011 11:30 AM
    For all this who haven't seen it. Jerry i really love the new Easter egg

Happy holidays back at ya!

Sent from your mom's phone.
    Thanks! When I stumbled upon that image while looking for xmas theme stuff, I thought to myself, there is no more perfect picture for a ROM called BACKside!

Happy Holidays!
    itsrayray likes this.
    12-15-2011 01:18 PM
    btw. Gta 3. No go. Laaaaag city!

Sent from your mom's phone.
    12-15-2011 06:24 PM
    I am getting "mini freezes" also. First time user of both Mirage and Go Launcher EX so I was assuming it was caused by either of those. Also the latest Facebook update frequently force closes and takes a really long time to load, eventually leading to another mini freeze.

On a side note, can anyone recommend the V6 Supercharger scripts? And if so, which settings?
    12-15-2011 06:43 PM
    Thank you for the help.
    You got that backwards: YOU created a great ROM (you and the other devs). And WE are thanking you

Anonymo likes this.
    12-15-2011 10:25 PM

I will try this tomorrow for sure. Thanks for the tip though. So re installing helped lol? This is the ONLY issue I have with this so far
    12-15-2011 11:19 PM
    New build is ready:

BACKside-IHO-VM670-12162011.zip
    md5sum 86475633da10b0317a645fedd4dc5c18

GreenMachineTheme-12162011.zip

Changes:

• Added option to change status bar background to one of three choices (requires reboot):
      1. Theme (or default background)
      2. Custom Color (can be semi to fully transparent)
      3. Transparent

• Added center clock to ticker animation to prevent overlay caused by transparent backgrounds.
      (looks better this way too )
    • Organized the CyanogenMod settings>>Interface>>Status bar tweaks menu into 4 categories:
      1. Status bar settings (appearance)
        • Status bar appearance
        • Status bar background color
        • Status bar brightness controls
      2. Status bar clock settings
        • Show clock
        • Center clock
        • Clock color
        • AM/PM style
      3. Carrier label settings
        • Compact carrier label
        • Carrier label type
        • Custom carrier label
      4. System icon settings
        • Battery status style
        • Alternate signal display
        • Show headset icon

While those smarter then I work out the kinks in ICS, I'll be continuing to add customization options. Next up, custom overscroll and edge glow colors.

Thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, kermikalelite, whyzor, bigsupersquid, leslieann, asadullah, the CM7 team, AOSP, and everyone I've left out, not to mention everyone who gives feedback and bug reports!

Happy Holidays!
    kcls, BobZhome, New_Droid and 12 others like this.
    12-16-2011 06:00 AM
    New build is ready:

Changes:

• Added option to change status bar background to one of three choices (requires reboot):
      3. Transparent

• Added center clock to ticker animation to prevent overlay caused by transparent backgrounds.
    • Organized the CyanogenMod settings>>Interface>>Status bar tweaks menu into 4 categories:
        • Status bar appearance
        • Show clock
        • Center clock
        • Clock color
        • AM/PM style
        • Compact carrier label
        • Carrier label type
        • Custom carrier label
      4. System icon settings
        • Battery status style
        • Show headset icon

While those smarter then I work out the kinks in ICS, I'll be continuing to add customization options. Next up, custom overscroll and edge glow colors.

Thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, kermikalelite, whyzor, bigsupersquid, leslieann, asadullah, the CM7 team, AOSP, and everyone I've left out, not to mention everyone who gives feedback and bug reports!

Happy Holidays!
    Thanks Jerry!
    Happy holidays to you and yours!

Sent from my LG Optimus V.
    "Cracker for fun, hacker for LIFE!"
    JerryScript likes this.
    12-16-2011 06:03 AM
    New build is ready:

Changes:

3. Transparent

• Status bar appearance
        • Show clock
        • Center clock
        • Clock color
        • AM/PM style
        • Compact carrier label
        • Carrier label type
        • Custom carrier label
      4. System icon settings
        • Battery status style
        • Show headset icon

Happy Holidays!
    Well you just made my weekend 10 times better will test with a full wipe soon.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, ICS Themed Optimus V
    12-16-2011 06:56 AM
    Error:
    assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "thunderc"
    E:Error in /sdcard/BACKside-IHO-VM670-12162011_3.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation Aborted.
    ---------------------

Battery Level: 90% (Tried both on and off charger)

---------------------

Any ideas?

The current state of the phone is bricked in fastboot, even after restore, going to see if I can use ADB to fix the problem.

--------------------
    UPDATE:

Fixed problem, I had to wipe out my ClockWorkMod Recovery, it did not want to install the custom ROM. I used the default recovery, and it patched over just fine.
    12-16-2011 10:04 AM
    Are you using bob's newest kernel (3.4? I think?) and is this a 'delete your scripts if you've got em' kind of flash? Really appreciate all the work you guys have been doing!

Edit: this was terribly unclear. I was asking if the new backside build used that kernel and if I should disable scripts before flashing
    12-16-2011 10:58 AM
    Hey i have pulled the swype beta apk and i have it so you dont have to sign into swype beta.
    swypebeta
    if this link gets removed i understand.
    12-16-2011 01:00 PM
    Can't wait to get the transparent status bar! Anybody got some screen shots to share?
    12-16-2011 01:14 PM
    Can't wait to get the transparent status bar! Anybody got some screen shots to share?
    It looks good
    JerryScript and one80oneday like this.
    12-16-2011 01:36 PM
    my transparent status bar only works on the phone lockscreen... why?
    12-16-2011 06:27 PM
    my transparent status bar only works on the phone lockscreen... why?
    Give it a couple of reboots, the images may be cached.
    12-16-2011 06:34 PM
    Can we make the whole status drop down screen transparent?
    Also how do i move the clear button in the drop down, i found it once but cannot locate it now
    12-16-2011 06:43 PM
    I've rebooted it twice... could the fact that I've applied a theme through theme chooser effect it?
    12-16-2011 06:45 PM
    Can we make the whole status drop down screen transparent?
    Also how do i move the clear button in the drop down, i found it once but cannot locate it now
    There is a reborn theme that has transparent dropdown, but I have never seen one anywhere else
    12-16-2011 07:00 PM
    I donated a small amount today in honor of the xmas spirit. The community has been good to me and its you guys that fuel why this phone is so great! Thank you to everyone who's worked on these roms!

Jerry, BobZHome, Mgr666, Blarfie, etc...anyone i've forgotten, if it wasn't for you guys....this phone wouldn't be half the phone it is now!! I use this phone for personal and for work, and with using the IHO repository it has increased my productivity to almost double! Oh, and coming from someone who used to have the iphone 3g, then 3gs, then 4....then switching to android....this being my third android phone....i like the android better than the iphone now....but only because of the iho rom d;D
    JerryScript likes this.
    12-16-2011 08:25 PM
6,009 ... 133134135136137 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD