09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 137138139140141 ...
tools
    Once I start, I can't stop. :s

Does setCPU profiles help? :OO

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    You mean help battery life or......?

They help me, i have them set to lower the CPU when charging, when getting too hot, after my battery gets to a certain percentage. Just depends on the person and situation.

Sent from your mom's phone.
    12-22-2011 02:13 AM
    You mean help battery life or......?

They help me, i have them set to lower the CPU when charging, when getting too hot, after my battery gets to a certain percentage. Just depends on the person and situation.

Yes. Could you share a screenshot or backup profile?

12-22-2011 07:05 AM
    It seems to be a bug in the drivers, which we have never fully figured out. There are comments in the repository about it, which can be found on the wiki.
    So I discovered a workaround of sorts posted by sind over at AndroidForums that seems to work- while in a call, jack the volume up all the way and then all the way back down! You have to do it both while in earpiece mode and speakerphone mode, but the volume is now back down to the loud-but-not-unbearable volume of the stock ROM. It seems to be a common complaint with Gingerbread, so I figured I'd give it a try. We'll see if it sticks through a reboot...
    12-22-2011 01:03 PM
    So I discovered a workaround of sorts posted by sind over at AndroidForums that seems to work- while in a call, jack the volume up all the way and then all the way back down! You have to do it both while in earpiece mode and speakerphone mode, but the volume is now back down to the loud-but-not-unbearable volume of the stock ROM. It seems to be a common complaint with Gingerbread, so I figured I'd give it a try. We'll see if it sticks through a reboot...
    ...and it doesn't stick through a reboot. Crap.
    12-22-2011 01:08 PM
    Only bug I get in BACKside 1221 is the notifications. I have 3 and tried to slide 1 away, it froze, but the status bar can still go back up. Just can't click notifications.

12-22-2011 03:11 PM
    Yes. Could you share a screenshot or backup profile?

I pmd you

12-22-2011 04:23 PM
    Only bug I get in BACKside 1221 is the notifications. I have 3 and tried to slide 1 away, it froze, but the status bar can still go back up. Just can't click notifications.

Yep. Just had it too.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    12-22-2011 10:04 PM
    am i crazy or did i see something earlier this week about Leslieann having another rom out?
    12-22-2011 11:39 PM

I haven't been able to reproduce this behavior yet. I've tried with various numbers of notifications present, and they all swiped away easily.

Did you wipe cache and dalvik cache before flashing the latest build?
    Did you allow the phone to completely boot before attempting to swipe away notifications (at least 10 minutes so background processs can complete)
    What type of notification got stuck?
    12-23-2011 12:04 AM
    Edit-- Initial feedback after this warning shows it's an isolated problem with my phone, which is reasonable with all the flashing, tweaking, and testing. Please test your camera to be sure!

Warning!!!--- If you are running the 1221 build of BACKside, please test your camera now. I'm having trouble with mine not responding. I don't have time to troubleshoot before Xmas, and I know many people will be wanting to take pics/vids with their phones.

Please revert to the 1216 build if you have any issues with the camera, I don't want to be responsible for missed memories.

Hopefully it's just an isolated problem with my phone, no one else has reported issues with the camera on 1221 yet. I just want to be proactive and try to keep anyone from having an unpleasant xmas experience.
    bigsupersquid and kraven like this.
    12-23-2011 08:55 AM
    Tested both our phones here and the cam is working fine.

Warning!!!--- If you are running the 1221 build of BACKside, please test your camera now. I'm having trouble with mine not responding. I don't have time to troubleshoot before Xmas, and I know many people will be wanting to take pics/vids with their phones.

Please revert to the 1216 build if you have any issues with the camera, I don't want to be responsible for missed memories.

Hopefully it's just an isolated problem with my phone, no one else has reported issues with the camera on 1221 yet. I just want to be proactive and try to keep anyone from having an unpleasant xmas experience.
    JerryScript likes this.
    12-23-2011 09:39 AM
    Camera working fine for me too.
    JerryScript likes this.
    12-23-2011 09:55 AM
    Camera is fine for me also.

I am, however, having another strange bug on recent builds that I hoping someone here can help me out with. When I play podcasts or other large media files, the android system isn't "counting time". I don't know how else to put it, but it causes fiiles not to resume playback. If I start playing a file, the counter stays at 0:00. If I pause after a few minutes (or an hour), and resume play, it starts back at the begining. It's obviously a bug on the android system, because all media players do it (I've tried several, stock, double twist, etc..)

The odd thing is, if I fast forward a bit, it starts counting and resumes fine, but it's annoying to have to do this several times a day. It seems like a bug that popped up for me around the 12/6 build of Backside. I've tried everything I know, I've done full wipes of the system and reinstalled the rom and gapps. All md5's are good. I still constantly get the problem. Anyone have an idea?

BTW: smaller music files, like songs, are fine, the counter begins as expected.

Thanks guys, have a great holiday!
    JerryScript likes this.
    12-23-2011 10:07 AM
    Camera works good here. ^^
    JerryScript likes this.
    12-23-2011 10:14 AM
    what media player are you using. I use winamp and dont have any problems

Camera is fine for me also.

I am, however, having another strange bug on recent builds that I hoping someone here can help me out with. When I play podcasts or other large media files, the android system isn't "counting time". I don't know how else to put it, but it causes fiiles not to resume playback. If I start playing a file, the counter stays at 0:00. If I pause after a few minutes (or an hour), and resume play, it starts back at the begining. It's obviously a bug on the android system, because all media players do it (I've tried several, stock, double twist, etc..)

The odd thing is, if I fast forward a bit, it starts counting and resumes fine, but it's annoying to have to do this several times a day. It seems like a bug that popped up for me around the 12/6 build of Backside. I've tried everything I know, I've done full wipes of the system and reinstalled the rom and gapps. All md5's are good. I still constantly get the problem. Anyone have an idea?

BTW: smaller music files, like songs, are fine, the counter begins as expected.

Thanks guys, have a great holiday!
    Silence99 likes this.
    12-23-2011 10:34 AM
    Jerry. Cam working fine here.

Try reflashing, sounds like a bad flash

Nooblet.

JerryScript likes this.
    12-23-2011 10:43 AM
    Anybody else having problems with the market force closing constantly? I cleared all data and even deleted and installed the new market 3.3.4 I think.

Using backside 12-7-2011 build
    12-23-2011 10:51 AM
    Jerry. Cam working fine here.

Try reflashing, sounds like a bad flash

Nooblet.

LOL, I know better than to trust a flash event or file transfer. I reflashed the rom, replaced the zip file and reflashed, even flashed back to a previous build with a known working camera. Finally had to wipe/format everything, reflash everything, and reinstall everything (thank you TB). I'm pretty sure it was something I did to my phone while testing out interim builds, I was just worried that someone might pull out their phone while their kids were opening xmas presents, and not be able to capture the moment. Looks like everything is ok though.

Anybody else having problems with the market force closing constantly? I cleared all data and even deleted and installed the new market 3.3.4 I think.

Using backside 12-7-2011 build
    Works fine here, and no reports of FCs by other users. I don't recommend installing any version of the market beyond those posted by CM. It will self update within a day of flashing gapps in most cases, so no need to take a chance with a different gapps or market version.
    notown likes this.
    12-23-2011 11:49 AM
    what media player are you using. I use winamp and dont have any problems
    I downloaded winamp on your recommendation, and you're right, it does seem to work. The stock app is what I would really like to use, as I enjoy having that playback button on the lockscreen, and I also like that it simply has a "podcasts" playlist. I don't like anything complicated, the simpler the better (granted, a rooted android phone seems to be the exact opposite of simple )

Edit: it seems I have gotten winamp to work with the lockscreen controls in backside. Also, it has a podcast playlist, thanks for your recommendation! Still, if I could get the stock player working, that would be nice, so if anyone has suggestions...
    12-23-2011 12:11 PM
    you could try googles new music app, google music and see how that works for you.

I downloaded winamp on your recommendation, and you're right, it does seem to work. The stock app is what I would really like to use, as I enjoy having that playback button on the lockscreen, and I also like that it simply has a "podcasts" playlist. I don't like anything complicated, the simpler the better (granted, a rooted android phone seems to be the exact opposite of simple )

Edit: it seems I have gotten winamp to work with the lockscreen controls in backside. Also, it has a podcast playlist, thanks for your recommendation! Still, if I could get the stock player working, that would be nice, so if anyone has suggestions...
    Silence99 likes this.
    12-23-2011 12:24 PM
    you could try googles new music app, google music and see how that works for you.
    I did, as I said, I tried many, many apps, they all seem to have the same problem. I don't know why winamp works. It seems like most apps must be using a shared API in Android for music playback (I have no idea, just speculating), but winamp perhaps uses it's own playback system?
    12-23-2011 12:46 PM
    I can confirm, my cam works fine
    JerryScript likes this.
    12-23-2011 03:17 PM
    Works fine here, and no reports of FCs by other users. I don't recommend installing any version of the market beyond those posted by CM. It will self update within a day of flashing gapps in most cases, so no need to take a chance with a different gapps or market version.
    so should i clear cache and davlik cache and reflash gaps?
    12-23-2011 06:19 PM
    Edit-- Initial feedback after this warning shows it's an isolated problem with my phone, which is reasonable with all the flashing, tweaking, and testing. Please test your camera to be sure!
    LOL, I know better than to trust a flash event or file transfer. I reflashed the rom, replaced the zip file and reflashed, even flashed back to a previous build with a known working camera. Finally had to wipe/format everything, reflash everything, and reinstall everything (thank you TB). I'm pretty sure it was something I did to my phone while testing out interim builds, I was just worried that someone might pull out their phone while their kids were opening xmas presents, and not be able to capture the moment. Looks like everything is ok though.

Welcome to being a rom dev.

Mine was stubborn the other day, I thought it was finished as it wouldn't accept any rom for several days, then started working perfect again. It did accept a nandroid backup though.

I wouldn't be surprised if mine is dying, yours either, considering all we do to these poor things. They sure do seem to be tough little buggers though. Glad you got it fixed.
    JerryScript likes this.
    12-23-2011 08:03 PM
    Leslie Ann, am I wrong or did you release a new Iho build a few days ago?

Sent from my flyer using Tapatalk
    12-23-2011 08:51 PM
6,009 ... 137138139140141 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD