09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 140141142143144 ...
tools
    The battery icon was forced in, so no guarantees on changing it.
    I may try a different method next time.
    12-27-2011 05:52 PM
    Mine sticks. My theme is Cyanbread.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    12-27-2011 06:54 PM
    No worries! Thanks for all the great work. I just switched it to the percentage anyway.

12-27-2011 07:47 PM
    Hey Jerry, Just one minor problem.... Rom Manager doesn't work with this latest update. When I went to Re-flash the recovery after installing the update it asks if my phone is a LG Optimus C LW690 not a LG Optimus VM670. Should I try to flash a different recovery,or forget about the need to re-flash a new recovery (do I need to ? ) as I have everything backed up already. ( including the stock rom ). Please Advise.
    12-27-2011 10:15 PM
    Hey Jerry, Just one minor problem.... Rom Manager doesn't work with this latest update. When I went to Re-flash the recovery after installing the update it asks if my phone is a LG Optimus C LW690 not a LG Optimus VM670. Should I try to flash a different recovery,or forget about the need to re-flash a new recovery (do I need to ? ) as I have everything backed up already. ( including the stock rom ). Please Advise.
    I do not support ROM Manager, nor will I ever. Download the recommended recovery and ROM zip files from the third post in this thread.
    12-27-2011 11:08 PM
    Flash caveman style, it's more reliable.
    12-27-2011 11:08 PM
    Can someone please update the IHO wiki on flashing a recovery? (Did that sound bossy? I didn't mean it to be) Either direct them to use the flash image GUI app, tell how to flash through terminal emulator (the current steps don't work unless flash_image is already in /system/bin with the correct permissions, most newbies probably don't have this, nor the knowledge to do it), or if you are feeling adventurous (and feel like helping ALOT more people ) instruct on flashing using adb. I don't reccomend the last one . I feel like instructions on how to do this are the last thing missing from the wiki.

Oh and one last thing: If anyone does edit the wiki, they may want to make it more clear not to use ROM Managers recovery. It will save many more problems in the long run
    12-27-2011 11:36 PM
    LolWhat?

12-28-2011 12:16 AM
    What do you mean caveman style? :L

12-28-2011 02:42 AM
    Can someone please update the IHO wiki on flashing a recovery? (Did that sound bossy? I didn't mean it to be) Either direct them to use the flash image GUI app, tell how to flash through terminal emulator (the current steps don't work unless flash_image is already in /system/bin with the correct permissions, most newbies probably don't have this, nor the knowledge to do it), or if you are feeling adventurous (and feel like helping ALOT more people ) instruct on flashing using adb. I don't reccomend the last one . I feel like instructions on how to do this are the last thing missing from the wiki.

Oh and one last thing: If anyone does edit the wiki, they may want to make it more clear not to use ROM Managers recovery. It will save many more problems in the long run
    I'm pretty sure most of the current ROMs have flash_image already in them...I've never had to put it on my phone to use it. Of course if you're talking as an alternative to using ROM Manager when you first root so you can install the custom ROM, then yes those instructions couple be quite helpful
    12-28-2011 03:36 AM

Get the required files from the beginning of the thread that Jerry said, then use terminal/adb or the flash_image GUI and essentially flash you're recovery manually
    JerryScript likes this.
    12-28-2011 03:38 AM
    [HL]Merry Christmas!![/HL]

Click to view quoted image

[HL]Harmonia 2!!!![/HL]
    My sincere thanks to Mrg666 for his help in making this happen.
    Harmonia_2.zip
    Md5: c892739b4da0dc5c8f432796c2dd8605
    My advice is wipe everything and start fresh.

[HL]Support for H2 is provided here, NOT in the Harmonia 1.7 thread.[/HL]

[HL]Couple things... [/HL]
    You do NOT need Gapps.
    Uses stock GB Launcher.
    Includes Email, Gmail and Market.
    All included items are up to date.

This is basically a stock GB factory style rom, similar to how Harmonia 1 is a tweaked stock rom. However, it is still built from IHO.

[HL]Removed:[/HL]
    ADWLauncher.apk
    Androidian.apk
    AndroidTerm.apk
    CMStats.apk
    CMUpdateNotify.apk
    CMWallpapers.apk
    Development.apk
    DownloadProviderUi.apk
    FileManager.apk
    FM.apk
    Livewallpapers.apk (Live wallpapers still work, just none are included)
    MagicSmokewallpapers.apk
    Protips.apk
    SpareParts.apk
    VisualizationWallpapers.apk
    boot animation
    wallpaper
    languages other than us english and spanish

Edit: Added to Github page.
    Is JerryScripts Green Machine theme compatible with your rom,Leslie?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    12-28-2011 09:09 AM

Two sticks and some elbow vrease of course.

Sent via VM670
    12-28-2011 09:23 AM
    No you can't use Jerry's green machine with other roms, you can try to replicate it on uot kitchen, its fairly easy

notufatjesus likes this.
    12-28-2011 09:42 AM
    No you can't use Jerry's green machine with other roms, you can try to replicate it on uot kitchen, its fairly easy

Have no idea wat that is...im scared lol

12-28-2011 09:54 AM
    Camera is fine for me also.

I am, however, having another strange bug on recent builds that I hoping someone here can help me out with. When I play podcasts or other large media files, the android system isn't "counting time". I don't know how else to put it, but it causes fiiles not to resume playback. If I start playing a file, the counter stays at 0:00. If I pause after a few minutes (or an hour), and resume play, it starts back at the begining. It's obviously a bug on the android system, because all media players do it (I've tried several, stock, double twist, etc..)

The odd thing is, if I fast forward a bit, it starts counting and resumes fine, but it's annoying to have to do this several times a day. It seems like a bug that popped up for me around the 12/6 build of Backside. I've tried everything I know, I've done full wipes of the system and reinstalled the rom and gapps. All md5's are good. I still constantly get the problem. Anyone have an idea?

BTW: smaller music files, like songs, are fine, the counter begins as expected.

Thanks guys, have a great holiday!
    I have this problem too, all players, on the 12-10 Mirage build. Googling suggests that later nightly CM7 builds fix this. Anyone on the new Harmonia build able to test this?
    12-28-2011 10:13 AM
    I also have Bluetooth problems with the latest backside. It pairs with the other device (Galaxy Ace) but won't send or receive a file. It comes up with an error.
    Doesn't really bother me, idc xD
    I don't use Bluetooth. Only to transfer mp3s with a friend.

12-28-2011 10:14 AM
    I also have Bluetooth problems with the latest backside. It pairs with the other device (Galaxy Ace) but won't send or receive a file. It comes up with an error.
    Doesn't really bother me, idc xD
    I don't use Bluetooth. Only to transfer mp3s with a friend.

Yeah I don't use it a lot either but still good to let the devs know. Hasen't bothered me enough to switch from backside

12-28-2011 11:45 AM
    Have no idea wat that is...im scared lol

Just Google uot kitchen, you can create your own themes, the instructions are are very user friendly

12-28-2011 11:57 AM
    I'm pretty sure most of the current ROMs have flash_image already in them...I've never had to put it on my phone to use it. Of course if you're talking as an alternative to using ROM Manager when you first root so you can install the custom ROM, then yes those instructions couple be quite helpful
    Stock ROMs don't have flash_image. I know when I went to flash a recovery on my sisters phone, I had no idea what was missing, nor did I know the location of where I could download the flash image file. I really think getting rid of the current section on how to flash a recovery would be good, and just replacing it with something saying "Go to the market, download the "Flash Image GUI" app, and follow instructions from there."

If thats to easy, this could be put there:

Code:
    1. Download your recovery (IHO Recovery works best, and works on newer V screens) Download links are below
    2. Download Flash_image (download link below (Here provide a download link...)). 
    3. Place both files on your SD Card.
    4. If you haven't already, download terminal emulator from the market.
    5. Star terminal emulator. Type "su" into the command line. The sign should change to a #.
    6. Then type 

Code:
    mount -o remount, rw /system
    cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin
    cd /system/bin
    chmod 777 flash_image
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/VM670NH_recovery.img
    reboot recovery
    You can use chrome to phone to make it easier to type in commands, by highlighting in your browser and clicking the button. The text will be copied to the clipboard on your phone for easy pasting and less possibility of typos.
    Would someone just add that to the wiki to save on future headaches?
    12-28-2011 12:29 PM
    I will discuss it with the other devs, but the wiki is not meant to walk people through the steps of rooting and installing a custom recovery. It's meant to help with installing IHO based ROMs. Not sure if we should clutter it with every bit of knowledge available, or keep it focused on IHO.
    12-28-2011 01:30 PM
    I have this problem too, all players, on the 12-10 Mirage build. Googling suggests that later nightly CM7 builds fix this. Anyone on the new Harmonia build able to test this?
    I tested Harmonia and all the IHO builds yesterday, every single one of them had this problem, only way I could fix it was by returning to Harmonia 1.6 (Froyo), not something I wanted to do.

I eventually found a fix, however. I was using BeyondPod to auto download my podcasts (something that worked great since I got the phone in April), something about the IHO roms does not like where BeyondPod is storing it's files (/sdcard/beyondpod/podcasts). When I moved the files to the actual music folder on my sdcard with a file manager, they worked fine. BeyondPod doesn't allow you to change the storage folder of files, so I instead am currently testing the free version of DoggCatcher, which seems to be working great (it costs $5, which is annoying, as I already spent $7 on BeyondPod). The files do resume while playing back in the stock music app, which is what I wanted.

And, surprisingly, after all that testing of roms, I wound up keeping the 12/10 mirage build. It seems the fastest and most stable on my phone, and I like that the stock live wallpapers are included (I'm a sucker for Nexus). Also, the roboto font is very nice, it adds a bit of polish that Android desperately needs.

So after months of Backside and BeyondPod working great for me, they just broke. Switching to Mirage and DoggCatcher seems to be working great, so I plan to stick with it and avoid updates for a while, everything seems to be working (nothing against Backside, I'm fairly certain BeyondPod is the real problem here, Jerry makes a great rom!)
    12-28-2011 01:49 PM
    I will discuss it with the other devs, but the wiki is not meant to walk people through the steps of rooting and installing a custom recovery. It's meant to help with installing IHO based ROMs. Not sure if we should clutter it with every bit of knowledge available, or keep it focused on IHO.
    OK. Well when you put it that way, you're right. No need to clutter it up. Don't put it there if you feel there is no need to. It was but a suggestion.
    12-28-2011 02:19 PM
    Boot into recovery and flash your rom there.

You should not install a rom from the OS and you shouldn't install a recovery from recovery. This is by design for safety reasons. You also should only do one at a time, making sure at least one of the two systems is still working.

So long as one system works you almost cannot brick the phone. Using some of these programs to automate things and do it all at once, leads to people doing exactly what they should not do.
    a5pe4 and JerryScript like this.
    12-28-2011 04:06 PM
    I tested Harmonia and all the IHO builds yesterday, every single one of them had this problem, only way I could fix it was by returning to Harmonia 1.6 (Froyo), not something I wanted to do.

I eventually found a fix, however. I was using BeyondPod to auto download my podcasts (something that worked great since I got the phone in April), something about the IHO roms does not like where BeyondPod is storing it's files (/sdcard/beyondpod/podcasts). When I moved the files to the actual music folder on my sdcard with a file manager, they worked fine. BeyondPod doesn't allow you to change the storage folder of files, so I instead am currently testing the free version of DoggCatcher, which seems to be working great (it costs $5, which is annoying, as I already spent $7 on BeyondPod). The files do resume while playing back in the stock music app, which is what I wanted.

And, surprisingly, after all that testing of roms, I wound up keeping the 12/10 mirage build. It seems the fastest and most stable on my phone, and I like that the stock live wallpapers are included (I'm a sucker for Nexus). Also, the roboto font is very nice, it adds a bit of polish that Android desperately needs.

So after months of Backside and BeyondPod working great for me, they just broke. Switching to Mirage and DoggCatcher seems to be working great, so I plan to stick with it and avoid updates for a while, everything seems to be working (nothing against Backside, I'm fairly certain BeyondPod is the real problem here, Jerry makes a great rom!)
    You should try PocketCasts. I was using beyondpod and doggcatcher and still having problems- but PocketCasts was problem free and quick response from the developers. Great GUI too.
    Silence99 likes this.
    12-28-2011 06:47 PM
6,009 ... 140141142143144 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD