09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 142143144145146 ...
tools
    Still rocking Mirage 12/10 build, rock stable and fast. Feel like I could be using this phone for a longggg time.
    12-31-2011 12:04 AM
    I have searched this thread and a few others but I have a problem. I have been using Bumblebee and I have used Harmonia. I installed IHO Backside 121711 build and had cpl problems installing but I used it a couple of days and I never installed GAPPS so I couldnt get market to work so I switched back to Bumblebee.

I want to go back it IHO Backside so I tried reinstalling the 121611 build and keep having it freeze after booting on the "WELCOME to LG-VM670" "Touch Android to Begin". I have also tried the new build. I tried Wiping Cache, Davlik Cache. Formatting boo, data, cache, & system. Installing & Then installing GAPPS I even tried USING Bumblebees Update Wiper and still no success.

When I originally got it to work on the 121611 build I had to use the BBUpateWiper (no GAPPS) and still had the same problem but after a cpl boots managed to get around it. This time trying to get IHO BacksideI cant get it to work regardless of ANY combination of tries.

I am using ClockworkMod Recovery 3.2.0.1

ANY help would be appreciated
    UPDATE-- It works when I do not install GAPPS it does boot up.
    12-31-2011 12:10 AM
    UPDATE-- It works when I do not install GAPPS it does boot up.
    Sounds like you have a bad download of gapps, or an incompatible version. Be sure to use the one posted in my original BACKside post (#3 in this thread), it is a link to the ones CM supports, so they should work fine with any CM based ROM.

Specifically, you want this file: CyanogenMod 7 gapps
    And check the md5sum: 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f
    OptimusVfan525 likes this.
    12-31-2011 12:17 AM
    Sounds like you have a bad download of gapps, or an incompatible version. Be sure to use the one posted in my original BACKside post (#3 in this thread), it is a link to the ones CM supports, so they should work fine with any CM based ROM.

Specifically, you want this file: CyanogenMod 7 gapps
    And check the md5sum: 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f
    You Are correct, I thought the one I had came from #3 guess my downloads were cluttered. I had the wrong gapps and it is now working.
    ThankYou & that was pretty fast response....
    JerryScript likes this.
    12-31-2011 12:26 AM
    Jerry having a couple wifi related issues. Im not sure if it is the rom or Green Power. The problem is once the phone sleeps it will report that my router is out of range. A reboot fixes the problem I cant say it is not annoying, it is easily "fixed".

Its not instant most of the time its only if my phone has sat untouched for an hour or so. I had this same issue a while back but it "fixed" itself. Ill uninstall GPP tomorrow and see if it is still doing it.

Build is 1221 backside.
    Did you get around to seeing if it was still GPP? If I remember correctly, that along with a couple of similar apps caused issues.
    12-31-2011 12:52 AM
    I tried out Harmonia 2 and Mms was fine. I wipe EVERYTHING .....CACHE, DALVIK CACHE ...ECT....I FORMAT DATA, SYSTEM, CACHE ECT .....
    I wonder why some people can't send those mms.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    JerryScript likes this.
    12-31-2011 12:58 AM
    I tried out Harmonia 2 and Mms was fine. I wipe EVERYTHING .....CACHE, DALVIK CACHE ...ECT....I FORMAT DATA, SYSTEM, CACHE ECT .....
    I wonder why some people can't send those mms.

You missed the last couple of posts, it was narrowed down to needing to do a complete wipe/format. Shamilton's mms is working fine after doing that.
    notufatjesus likes this.
    12-31-2011 01:04 AM
    Just Google uot kitchen, you can create your own themes, the instructions are are very user friendly

Gonna give a shot. Thanks

12-31-2011 01:07 AM
    There seems to be more and more confusion as the IHO roms develop.

It's become a bit fragmented as Harmonia uses a slightly older generic build and no ADW, Jerry is now developing more themeing stuff, etc...

I'm going to branch off Harmonia into a separate thread for this reason. The question about bootimage.zip just kind of drove home the point of the differences and our need to start breaking things up a bit. This thread will still be good for discussing the core system, but for roms it may be best to split some of it off. Besides, this thread is MASSIVE.
    12-31-2011 01:21 AM
    I have finally confirmed the notification swipe behavior getting frozen under certain circumstances. I sat down tonight and tried about 20 different ways of swiping, and finally found that if you begin to swipe a notification away and lift your finger up at a certain point, it gets frozen partially off screen. The clear button remains, and future notifications cannot be removed.

The recent commit to CM was supposed to make the wonky swiping behavior work better, but there is obviously a bug in it. I will attempt to track down the bug (having the clear button remain gives some clues), and if I can't fix the bug, I'll revert the commit in a future build.

For now, you can use Notification Restart from the Market to fix the issue when it arises.
    notown likes this.
    12-31-2011 01:37 AM
    *Note* Harmonia 2 has it's own thread.

Here
    Pinan likes this.
    12-31-2011 02:26 AM
    I am a bit confused as to what ROM to get. Either Jerrys or Leslie's. I was the fastest one. I don't care about looks and all that jazz. Though it is nice, I would rather choose speed. Anyone know which one I should choose?
    12-31-2011 05:51 PM
    I am a bit confused as to what ROM to get. Either Jerrys or Leslie's. I was the fastest one. I don't care about looks and all that jazz. Though it is nice, I would rather choose speed. Anyone know which one I should choose?
    Do a nandroid backup and take them both for a test drive. I prefer BACKside personally

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
    BACKside IHO 12212011
    12-31-2011 07:12 PM
    They are both built from CM source, but I add tweaks for looks, LeslieAnn removes bloat for speed.
    12-31-2011 07:24 PM
    01-01-2012 09:08 AM
    Did you get around to seeing if it was still GPP? If I remember correctly, that along with a couple of similar apps caused issues.
    From what I can tell it was Green Power. I uninstalled it and didnt have the problem. I reflashed and installed fresh from the market. All I can figure out is the initial install and restores from TB must have been corrupted or something.
    JerryScript likes this.
    01-01-2012 11:46 AM
    You missed the last couple of posts, it was narrowed down to needing to do a complete wipe/format. Shamilton's mms is working fine after doing that.
    Actually I'm still having the mms issue. And I've done complete wipes prior to install. I've only been able to get mms to work under stock rom. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

01-01-2012 03:30 PM
    Actually I'm still having the mms issue. And I've done complete wipes prior to install. I've only been able to get mms to work under stock rom. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you on Wifi or 3g if your on Wifi switch to 3g and try

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
    BACKside IHO 12212011
    01-01-2012 03:42 PM

Let us know what you have tried to resolve the issue, and be specific as to the exact steps taken. For example, please tell us exactly what you did when you did "complete wipes prior to install."

Too many assumptions when posting leads to confusion.
    notufatjesus likes this.
    01-01-2012 06:07 PM
    I was not able to send mms on JerryScript version of IHO a while ago. I got it working again by using Titanium Backup to "wipe data" from the mms app. After that, it worked fine. I probably caused my problem by restoring system data after a flash.
    JerryScript and notufatjesus like this.
    01-01-2012 09:08 PM
    Those who have the terrible problem with mms. Why not try send through email or even text plus. Sends text over data connection, albeit a did number but nonetheless a pic sent. Well, a link to the pic. But is still simple regardless

Sent from your mom's phone.
    01-02-2012 06:10 AM
    Those who have the terrible problem with mms. Why not try send through email or even text plus. Sends text over data connection, albeit a did number but nonetheless a pic sent. Well, a link to the pic. But is still simple regardless

Sent from your mom's phone.
    It makes a rom worth not having. I always wipe EVERYTHING BUT MY SD CARD (Meaning I format data ...system ...cache ...and everything else that can be formatted. Then I flash ....
    I REALLY doubt Virgin Mobile invested $$$ on new hardware lol So it's not the phones, but rather a faulty flash or download.
    My recovery allows me to wipe more than my previous ....could that be a reason?

01-02-2012 08:18 AM
    It makes a rom worth not having. I always wipe EVERYTHING BUT MY SD CARD (Meaning I format data ...system ...cache ...and everything else that can be formatted. Then I flash ....
    I REALLY doubt Virgin Mobile invested $$$ on new hardware lol So it's not the phones, but rather a faulty flash or download.
    My recovery allows me to wipe more than my previous ....could that be a reason?

I can receive mms from everyone but my wife, and she can send them to anyone but me, I tried everything to fix it, we just use kik to send pictures now, its easy and alot quicker then sending via messenger.

01-02-2012 09:16 AM
    I have new build https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...rc/wiki/Binary

Changelog

1-1-12:

1. sync'd up with CM
    2. Added: Center Clock tweaks by JerryScript
    3. Tweak: Headset microphone fix by thekarven
    4. Kernel v3.6: Tweak: Headset microphone fix & Added: Two way call recording

Note: There are a bunch of call recording apps on the market, but I like this one: CallRecorder.1.0.41.Android.apk It's easy to use, with a bunch of useful features.

Please don't thank me, instead donate to Blarf for all the great work he has done. Special thanks to Jerry, mrg666, thekarven, and all the others that have help to improve this project.

Happy New Year!
    Bob
    01-02-2012 11:31 AM
    I have new build [*] Added: Center Clock tweaks by JerryScript
    You are awesome!

How much more battery does the recording program take, if anyone has experience with it. Thanks.
    If not, I'm trying it out right now anyways.
    01-02-2012 01:18 PM
6,009 ... 142143144145146 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD