09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 143144145146147 ...
tools
    Since there are what? 360 pages here? Can we start a new 7.2 thread?

I currently have 7.1 and am very happy with it. What benefits would I see if I upgraded to 7.2?

Also when I rommed 7.1 I basically backed up my apps and wiped everything then reinstalled everything after the rom upgrade (from rooted stock). If I upgrade from 7.1 to 7.2 would the same be necessary? I mean obviously I'll back everything up but will I need to reinstall everything?

Is there a 7.1 to 7.2 upgrade guide?

Thanks!
    01-02-2012 01:35 PM

I currently have 7.1 and am very happy with it. What benefits would I see if I upgraded to 7.2?

Also when I rommed 7.1 I basically backed up my apps and wiped everything then reinstalled everything after the rom upgrade (from rooted stock). If I upgrade from 7.1 to 7.2 would the same be necessary? I mean obviously I'll back everything up but will I need to reinstall everything?

Thanks!
    Which build are you currently running, which date? If you read the third post in this thread, there is a pretty extensive change-log. See what has been changed since you installed 7.1, I know there have been performance increases in the past month and a half.

Upgrading is much easier, you shouldn't have to restore your apps after an upgrade. Make your backups for safety, and download the new ROM zip file to your sdcard. Reboot into recovery, wipe cache, and under advanced wipe dalvik cache, then flash the ROM zip file, then reboot.
    MasterTec likes this.
    01-02-2012 02:39 PM

Thanks!
    just go back 359 pages and use Jerry's install steps on page 1
    they've worked for me for every v rom from stock to bobz's update today. [i've flashed em all]
    01-02-2012 02:42 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys! I guess I'd feel better about things if I understood Linux file systems a little better. I never did understand the need for several partitions but then again I grew up with MSDOS and fdisk! I don't even quite understand what "dalvik cache" is.. all I know is that it's there and that it's needed hah!

I will admit that I didn't read too closely.. I guess that maybe all of these pages of posts kind of made things a bit overwhelming. Thanks for the clarification!

For the record my build # is GRJ90 (10162011) so I'll take a look at what has changed.
    01-02-2012 05:50 PM
    Can someone please post the the detailed instructions for flashing to the latest ROM. The user 'celestelugo0' posted the detailed step wise instruction for rooting and flashing to the ROM - BACKside-IHO-VM670-11222011. I have successfully done that and now I run android 2.3.7 and kernel 2.6.32.9-v3.3 on my OV. I am really happy.
    The link is here

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-tutorial.html

But now to update to the latest ROM 'IHO12222011', I am not too confident w/o detailed stepwise instructions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated even if if means copying and modifying the stepwise instructions from the above link.

Thanks again
    01-02-2012 06:58 PM
    Warning- there is a bug preventing the video camera from working, will have a fix up within a couple of days, stick with the 12212011 build for now if a working video camera is a must.

First new build of 2012 BACKside is up:

BACKside-IHO-VM670-01022012.zip
    md5sum 69b3dda62803304c7968e35117854927

GreenMachineTheme-01022012.zip

Changes:
    -Synced with CM7.2, New LGEQualcomRIL added for better telephony support, beginings of face-detection in place in camera app (don't know if it will be implemented on CM7 or not), had to revert another CM camera commit to prevent borking it on the OV
    -Switched to BobZhome's newest kernel, implements rb64's find for two-way recording in phone calls
    Thanks Bob & rb64!
    -Changed holiday egg to Android Baby New Year
    -Added thekraven's headset mic fix, needs testing
    -Added an option to change the notification dropdown's background color, choices are:
    --Theme (default) --Custom Color (argb colorwheel) --Transparent (fully transparent)
    Note- you can use Notification Restart from the Market to have changes take effect without rebooting.
    Testing needed to see how it affects various types of themes.

Next up in the never ending effort to add all theming options to the ROM, I will add the ability to change the notification dropdown category title's background color, notification item's color, and text colors. I would have waited to put up the entire notification dropdown customization package at once, but the notification dropdown background took two weeks of debugging (holidays took alot of time too ). I wanted to get this build out with the new two-way recording support, so the rest of the customization package will be in the next build.

Thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, LeslieAnn, rb64, thekraven, Whyzor, bigsupersquid, kermikalelite, the CM team, the AOSP team, and a ton of other people (really, the list goes on and on)!

Happy New Year Everyone!
    01-02-2012 08:12 PM
    Can someone please post the the detailed instructions for flashing to the latest ROM. The user 'celestelugo0' posted the detailed step wise instruction for rooting and flashing to the ROM - BACKside-IHO-VM670-11222011. I have successfully done that and now I run android 2.3.7 and kernel 2.6.32.9-v3.3 on my OV. I am really happy.
    The link is here

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-tutorial.html

But now to update to the latest ROM 'IHO12222011', I am not too confident w/o detailed stepwise instructions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated even if if means copying and modifying the stepwise instructions from the above link.

Thanks again
    go to the 1st page of this thread, instructions are in the 3rd post [JerryScript]
    JerryScript likes this.
    01-02-2012 09:32 PM
    Downloading.....right .....now.......super stoked! Thanks for another one. Gunna test run it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    01-02-2012 09:48 PM
    Thank you Jerry. I just implemented the your latest 2012 ROM. I was not confident earlier but followed as you said and voila...... it worked perfect and it looks really preety

Thank you so much
    01-02-2012 11:31 PM
    Just re-flashed Jerry's 12/21 build.

5 minutes later: saw Bob's 2012 build, wiped, flashed
    1 minute later: saw Jerry's 2012 build, now wiping and flashing

Thanks a lot!
    01-02-2012 11:32 PM
    just flashed Jerrys latest. The cam app hangs when i try to start recording video. Taking pictures works fine

followup
    when its locked up and i go to reboot at the reboot choice screen the video cam seems to be working in the back ground, odd
    JerryScript likes this.
    01-02-2012 11:34 PM
    Confirmed video recorder got borked by CM's commit, sorry, I will try to have a fix posted within a couple of days.
    kraven and mustafu like this.
    01-02-2012 11:38 PM
    Just re-flashed Jerry's 12/21 build.

5 minutes later: saw Bob's 2012 build, wiped, flashed
    1 minute later: saw Jerry's 2012 build, now wiping and flashing

Thanks a lot!
    That almost sounds perverted.
    Anonymo and notufatjesus like this.
    01-02-2012 11:42 PM
    [HL]Merry Christmas!![/HL]

Click to view quoted image

[HL]Harmonia 2!!!![/HL]
    My sincere thanks to Mrg666 for his help in making this happen.
    Harmonia_2.zip
    Md5: c892739b4da0dc5c8f432796c2dd8605
    My advice is wipe everything and start fresh.

[HL]Support for H2 is provided here, NOT in the Harmonia 1.7 thread.[/HL] *Note* IHO 2 has it's own thread now.

[HL]Couple things... [/HL]
    You do NOT need Gapps.
    Uses stock GB Launcher.
    Includes Email, Gmail and Market.
    All included items are up to date.

This is basically a stock GB factory style rom, similar to how Harmonia 1 is a tweaked stock rom. However, it is still built from IHO.

[HL]Removed:[/HL]
    ADWLauncher.apk
    Androidian.apk
    AndroidTerm.apk
    CMStats.apk
    CMUpdateNotify.apk
    CMWallpapers.apk
    Development.apk
    DownloadProviderUi.apk
    FileManager.apk
    FM.apk
    Livewallpapers.apk (Live wallpapers still work, just none are included)
    MagicSmokewallpapers.apk
    Protips.apk
    SpareParts.apk
    VisualizationWallpapers.apk
    boot animation
    wallpaper
    languages other than us english and spanisH

Edit: Added to Github page.
    01-02-2012 11:46 PM
    *Note* Harmonia 2 has it's own thread.

Here
    01-03-2012 12:07 AM
    Im loving the new dialer. Thanks to everyone!
    01-03-2012 05:50 AM
    May be this is not the right place for this question and if so I can delete this post and put it up in a new thread. But is there any ROM that can activate the FM radio hardware in the phone. I am not talking about an FM app I'm talking about the actual FM tuner that the bluetooth chipset possibly has as in the case of the optimus S. I may be wrong on this one. If so I'm sorry.

Thanks,
    01-03-2012 02:55 PM
    The FM components don't exist in our phone. That app is a leftover from another model.
    01-03-2012 04:26 PM
    Maintenance build is up, fixes the camera, sorry for the inconvenience!

BACKside-IHO-VM670-010321012.zip
    md5sum 9c69ad42485319a31835810b9d1bb6c1

GreenMachineTheme-01032012.zip

If you don't use the video recorder much, you can wait for the next build.
    kraven and norwoodsteel like this.
    01-04-2012 07:48 AM
    Hey Jerry, I just flashed your ROM yesterday and when I went to bed, I decided to shut the phone off and charge it... ten minutes later... I tried like five times to get it to charge while off (as soon as I plugged it in it turned on) Now I feel stupid, haha, because this morning I saw a post saying that the phones won't charge while off in GB Why not?
    01-04-2012 09:02 AM
    You answered my question before I asked it... in the Building your own Rom thread... sorry for the noobish question
    01-04-2012 09:09 AM
    Hey Jerry, I just flashed your ROM yesterday and when I went to bed, I decided to shut the phone off and charge it... ten minutes later... I tried like five times to get it to charge while off (as soon as I plugged it in it turned on) Now I feel stupid, haha, because this morning I saw a post saying that the phones won't charge while off in GB Why not?
    There is a bug in GB development from what I've been explained ....quite just a small one. Easy way for a faster charge while off is to hold your volume down and home button simultaneously and hold power until the LG logo comes on and off. (Recovery mode) Once in it I press power once to shut the words down and charges as if off.

01-04-2012 09:29 AM
    It's an issue we are actively looking into, we may have a fix in the works, but there are still a few kinks to work out, so no promises yet.
    01-04-2012 09:34 AM
    I'm at 30% downloading. gunna update n test it

01-04-2012 09:40 AM
    I'm really likin this ROM, I've had zero issues with it. If your fix fixes the problem, I'll download it and flash that, otherwise notufatjesus's idea of recovery mode charging seems worth a try
    01-04-2012 10:49 AM
6,009 ... 143144145146147 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD