09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 145146147148149 ...
tools
    FYI- You shouldn't have to reboot after changing the clock color or position. You only need a reboot after changing status bar background color or notification dropdown background color. You can avoid a reboot after changing those background colors by using Notification Restart from the Market.
    anthonycr likes this.
    01-05-2012 01:21 AM
    awesome, thanks guys! it actually was also set to be completely transparent too, but it works now.
    damn.. switching from august build? haha nice...
    yeah I'm a slacker on updates, I kind of forgot til I tried to get Ubuntu running
    01-05-2012 07:04 AM
    FYI- You shouldn't have to reboot after changing the clock color or position. You only need a reboot after changing status bar background color or notification dropdown background color. You can avoid a reboot after changing those background colors by using Notification Restart from the Market.
    Its funny how confused people seem to be getting with that clock on your Rom, JerryScript
    01-05-2012 08:10 AM
    Its funny how confused people seem to be getting with that clock on your Rom, JerryScript
    Huh? What clock? I don't have any clock on my status bar?!?

Bluntsworth and norwoodsteel like this.
    01-05-2012 08:24 AM
    Hey, idk if this is my fault or anything, but I've been having an increase of random restarts. They happen most of the time when the battery is low (like around 35 and less), and happens when I wake up the phone when its locked. Oddly though, when I play music, nothing happens, it's just when the phone is idle and wakes up then I press on something (like the browser), or swipe from left to right then it freezes for like 10 seconds, and restarts.
    01-05-2012 10:53 AM
    Yesterday I put CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-BACKside-IHO-KANG on my phone. First time I've ever done anything like this and it was amazingly easy with the instructions on this forum. But I've got a couple of questions that I'm sure have simple answers.

How to I view (and clear) notifications? Some programs won't download - I get a not enough space message. I clearly do have enough space (thanks!) and these are all programs I've had on the phone before. Any idea why that might be happening?

And many, many thanks to all of you who have done the work toward making this a really good little phone.
    01-05-2012 11:04 AM
    Huh? What clock? I don't have any clock on my status bar?!?
    LOL

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO
    01-05-2012 12:19 PM
    mrg666: I updated to your 0104 last night, and so far not a glitch, all stable. Of course that's what I've come to expect

At first I thought it felt a bit slower, but I don't notice anything now. Must've been a reverse placebo.

Oh, and it really DOES seem to boot quite a bit faster without the boot animation.

Thanks a lot. To you, Bobz, Jerry, blarf and anyone else involved

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO
    mrg666 likes this.
    01-05-2012 12:25 PM
    Yesterday I put CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-BACKside-IHO-KANG on my phone. First time I've ever done anything like this and it was amazingly easy with the instructions on this forum. But I've got a couple of questions that I'm sure have simple answers.

How to I view (and clear) notifications? Some programs won't download - I get a not enough space message. I clearly do have enough space (thanks!) and these are all programs I've had on the phone before. Any idea why that might be happening?

And many, many thanks to all of you who have done the work toward making this a really good little phone.
    Well as for the notifications... you have adw launcher as your launcher since it comes stock on BACKside, and SOOOOOO, you have to go into adw settings and adjust ui options to make the notifications on pulldown. I'm sure you'll find it

As for not enough space... idk. Anybody else?
    sheureka likes this.
    01-05-2012 02:32 PM
    Well as for the notifications... you have adw launcher as your launcher since it comes stock on BACKside, and SOOOOOO, you have to go into adw settings and adjust ui options to make the notifications on pulldown. I'm sure you'll find it

As for not enough space... idk. Anybody else?
    When you say you do have enough space, are you talking about in ROM or on the SD card? If your programs are all loaded in ROM, you can move some of them to SD card storage and free up ROM space.
    sheureka likes this.
    01-05-2012 03:55 PM
    When you say you do have enough space, are you talking about in ROM or on the SD card? If your programs are all loaded in ROM, you can move some of them to SD card storage and free up ROM space.
    I don't think that's the problem. I have 4.89 GB available on my SD card and 108 MB available on internal storage. So there's something else going on. Thanks for trying to help though! - sheureka
    01-05-2012 05:06 PM
    Got it! Thanks! - sheureka
    01-05-2012 05:15 PM
    So... If i want to get ubuntu running "chrooted" on backside, is that possible? and how? is there any specific kernel i should get, or would i have to build my own?
    using these instructions.
    01-05-2012 05:56 PM
    POSSIBLE BUG - PLEASE CONFIRM
    So I installed the new 'IHO Backside ROM- 01032012' wherein the camcorder application was fixed. And it does work but I cannot get sound to record in the camcorder app. Recorded video plays w/o sound. If any one else has this problem please confirm.

Thanks
    01-05-2012 10:35 PM
    It's a known issue, you have to turn off the camera click sound in settings, then your video will record audio.

Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>Sound settings>>Mute camera shutter
    norwoodsteel and riberet like this.
    01-05-2012 11:47 PM
    POSSIBLE BUG - PLEASE CONFIRM
    So I installed the new 'IHO Backside ROM- 01032012' wherein the camcorder application was fixed. And it does work but I cannot get sound to record in the camcorder app. Recorded video plays w/o sound. If any one else has this problem please confirm.

Thanks
    cyanogen settings /sound /mute camera sound

try it out
    01-05-2012 11:51 PM
    Any other fix for the video/no sound without disabling shutter sound?

partir de mon LG Optimus V
    01-06-2012 05:12 PM
    Any other fix for the video/no sound without disabling shutter sound?

partir de mon LG Optimus V
    Take phone out of pocket, caress it gently and tell it how much you love it. Then sternly look at it and tell it you are going to throw it against the wall if it doesnt start recording sound in video.

Other than whats been suggested try reflashing. Sometimes tiny things just dont cooperate and need to be reflashed.
    01-06-2012 05:52 PM

Try reflashing, but this time back up any apps with titanium backup or something similar then wipe ALL data and cache/dalvik cache. It's very important you wipe the data. This happened to me while trying to update once, I think the two were stored at the same time, eating the far majority of my internal space. The above should clear up your problem though. I now wipe all three each and every time I flash.
    01-06-2012 09:57 PM
    Also wanted to say I have been using CM7 for about 3 months now, mostly Jerryscript updates, and I love the direction everything is going in. I feel like I have so much control over my phone! One thing I would like to see is an option for having a phone hooked to headphones or a car with an auxiliary cable and still have mic access if possible! But regardless of that all you guys are doing a great job! *Bows*
    JerryScript and Anonymo like this.
    01-06-2012 10:04 PM
    Also my girlfriend has an Optimus S and is VERY jealous of my V lol.
    01-06-2012 10:09 PM
    Also wanted to say I have been using CM7 for about 3 months now, mostly Jerryscript updates, and I love the direction everything is going in. I feel like I have so much control over my phone! One thing I would like to see is an option for having a phone hooked to headphones or a car with an auxiliary cable and still have mic access if possible! But regardless of that all you guys are doing a great job! *Bows*
    You don't need that option... we already have it. If you plug your phone into speakers and make a phone call, the sound com's over the speakers but the mic still works. I've done this before hooking my phone up to a audio Jack hooked into my car. It's weird hearing the phone ring over car speakers
    01-06-2012 10:45 PM
    There is a partial fix for the headset output issue in the latest release (0102 & 0103), please test with your accessories, and report back with the steps you tried, and the type of accessories tested.
    01-06-2012 10:45 PM
    Hehe, whoops,maybe I'm wrong jerryscript about that... I guess that worked on the bumblebee rom, I should test it on yours.
    01-06-2012 10:50 PM
    Also my girlfriend has an Optimus S and is VERY jealous of my V lol.
    If she has an older Optimus S with the previous baseband, she can use thekraven's port of IHO.
    Be sure to check which baseband she has installed before doing anything else!
    01-07-2012 12:04 AM
6,009 ... 145146147148149 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD