09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Update3: After restoring and switching from stock to IHO like 20 times, I finally got it to work, had to wipe pretty much everything even though the instructions only said the cache was necessary. Oh well, I can restore it all.
    Read the first post. First step towards troubleshooting weird bugs is a full wipe.
    07-29-2011 07:30 PM
    on the newest build my wifi seems to go to sleep even when the screen is on,only for a second thou, i have done a fresh install 3 times but it still has the wifi issue
    And word on what happened Jerry or blarf?
    No clue what happened. I don't use WiFi too often, but I'll add it to my list of things to investigate. Today was fix the camera stuff day.
    07-29-2011 07:31 PM
    anyone having problems with words with friends? after every move the game hangs. haven't noticed this with any other rom
    I experience this behavior as well, but I don't consider it a serious enough bug to bother blarf about.
    07-29-2011 07:55 PM
    Link2999 when switching to a different rom it's always a good idea to wipe everything. Updating to the next update is the only time you might only need the two caches wiped. Then again I have to full wipe when using an updated build for this rom...thank god for tb batch restore lol.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-29-2011 08:51 PM
    Ya, thanks for replying. I found out that waiting 10 minutes was just too long. I restored my backup and did a flash of stock. I'm going to redownload the files and try again now.

Edit: Am I supposed to mount system, data, and cache? Or unmount them?

Update: Thought I got it to work after redownloading the files, but now it seems to have froze up on the Green Android CM7 boot logo. At least I'm getting closer?

Update2: Restored/Stock, attempted to Flash with IHO BS again, no go. Same Frozen Green Android CM7 boot logo. Unsure what's happening here.

Update3: After restoring and switching from stock to IHO like 20 times, I finally got it to work, had to wipe pretty much everything even though the instructions only said the cache was necessary. Oh well, I can restore it all.
    Always wipe data,cashed, dalvik, then go to mounts and storage format boot, systems,data, and cache then flash rom, then gapps, then select reboot!
    I experience this behavior as well, but I don't consider it a serious enough bug to bother blarf about.

I figured he'd want to know, however big or small. And it is kinda annoying.
    07-29-2011 09:28 PM
    Sorry about the delay in reponding, I had a very busy day at work today. If you think getting software to work on a phone is tricky, try getting OPOS drivers to work on Windows machines with software built for embeded systems.

I tried to replicate the issues reported with wifi turning off even when the screen is on, but I couldn't. My wifi stayed connected with no issues. I'm using a dd-wrt based router with wpa-psk security and my wifi sleep policy is set to turn off when screen is off. Please let us know if you continue to have this issue, and if you do please post a dmesg.

On installations:
    -If you are coming from another ROM, you pretty much always have to do a full wipe/format.
    -If you are upgrading from a previous build and the new build only has bug fixes, you should only have to wipe cache/dalvik-cache.
    -If you are upgrading to a new build with a new kernel, I personally always format boot and system, though that may be overkill.
    -If you are using Xionia recovery, there have been reports that it doesn't always do a complete wipe, probably due to differences in the OS and OV's partition structure. Blarf recommends the ClockworkMod recovery, so please try it, it takes less than a minute to download to your phone and flash via Terminal.
    07-29-2011 11:13 PM
    Sorry about the delay in reponding, I had a very busy day at work today. If you think getting software to work on a phone is tricky, try getting OPOS drivers to work on Windows machines with software built for embeded systems.

I tried to replicate the issues reported with wifi turning off even when the screen is on, but I couldn't. My wifi stayed connected with no issues. I'm using a dd-wrt based router with wpa-psk security and my wifi sleep policy is set to turn off when screen is off. Please let us know if you continue to have this issue, and if you do please post a dmesg.

On installations:
    -If you are coming from another ROM, you pretty much always have to do a full wipe/format.
    -If you are upgrading from a previous build and the new build only has bug fixes, you should only have to wipe cache/dalvik-cache.
    -If you are upgrading to a new build with a new kernel, I personally always format boot and system, though that may be overkill.
    -If you are using Xionia recovery, there have been reports that it doesn't always do a complete wipe, probably due to differences in the OS and OV's partition structure. Blarf recommends the ClockworkMod recovery, so please try it, it takes less than a minute to download to your phone and flash via Terminal.

I am using xiona, but used the wiper zip twice then wiped everything manually. Then formatted boot,systems, data,and cache. And it just seems to randomly die out out every 2 min or so. Nothing seems to trigger it, just happens.
    Isn't clockwork the stock recovery?
    And what is a dmesg?
    07-30-2011 02:33 AM

On installations:
    Thanks for all your hard work, I will wait for the next and see if if still have the same wifi issue.
    07-30-2011 03:31 AM
    I am using xiona, but used the wiper zip twice then wiped everything manually. Then formatted boot,systems, data,and cache. And it just seems to randomly die out out every 2 min or so. Nothing seems to trigger it, just happens.
    Isn't clockwork the stock recovery?
    And what is a dmesg?
    WHO CARES USE THE RECOMMENDED RECOVERY.

Sent from my Optimus V
    07-30-2011 09:01 AM
    No, ClockworkMod is not the stock recovery, I believe that is thunderc.

The dmesg output is kernel level notifications about what's going on with your phone.
    07-30-2011 10:28 AM
    who cares use the recommended recovery.

Sent from my optimus v
    rather ask. ?s than not know buddy. N thx Jerry ill check it out
    07-30-2011 11:09 AM
    FYI folks, to get GrooVe IP working in this rom, enable Settings > Troubleshooting > Synchronize voice

This feature is new in GrooVe IP 1.2.0, so make sure you have the latest update, which came out July 28th I believe.
    JerryScript and edesgatre like this.
    07-30-2011 02:14 PM
    FYI folks, to get GrooVe IP working in this rom, enable Settings > Troubleshooting > Synchronize voice

This feature is new in GrooVe IP 1.2.0, so make sure you have the latest update, which came out July 28th I believe.
    When I tried enabling that setting on the current AOSP GB build, it resulted in stuttering, choppy incoming voice. Does it sound OK with the IHO ROM?
    07-30-2011 02:26 PM
    When I tried enabling that setting on the current AOSP GB build, it resulted in stuttering, choppy incoming voice. Does it sound OK with the IHO ROM?
    You might be right. I've only tested it with an echo number that has been somewhat spotty for me in the past, so I figured it was either the number or my connection. All I know for sure though is dialing numbers doesn't cause the application to crash anymore.
    07-30-2011 02:39 PM
    rather ask. ?s than not know buddy. N thx Jerry ill check it out
    Were you in such a hurry that you couldnt spell out the word questions and the word and?

I hate when people do this just to be a tard, but your post really made me twitch. I would rather look at a misspelled word then abbreviating things with symbols.

Anyway you are correct asking questions is better than not knowing. Ask away when you dont know somebody is bound to have some answer.
    07-30-2011 06:31 PM
    Lastest build is up: BACKside-IHO-VM670-07302011.zip

See Blarf's post at xda for details on changes:

- BT functionality improved, need testers with feedback please
    - Camera functionality improved
    - Custom ringtones working
    cr42ydude, reaper420 and Raul720 like this.
    07-31-2011 12:40 AM
    ganna try!! prob be the first one too LOL ill give a feedback. but i dont use bt so prob just tell u the camera.
    07-31-2011 01:06 AM
    Awesome I'll see if I still have WiFi issues with this one
    07-31-2011 01:26 AM
    Bluetooth headset works for sure and I walked about twenty feet maybe thirty feet testing it out. Can't test stereo since I'm running ubuntu . Custom ringtone worked for the one call but I don't know who else is up at this time to test

Also gotta mention I did a full wipe and am using rom manager
    07-31-2011 03:28 AM
    im still having the same wifi issue with this build, did a fresh install using clockwork recovery this time
    07-31-2011 03:33 AM
    im still having the same wifi issue with this build, did a fresh install using clockwork recovery this time
    what wifi issue? i'm having one where it says my router is out of range and can't connect even though i'm right next to my router
    07-31-2011 03:39 AM
    what wifi issue? i'm having one where it says my router is out of range and can't connect even though i'm right next to my router
    my wifi just goes away, then comes back in a few seconds, but i can connect the router just fine
    07-31-2011 03:43 AM
    When this happens what is the process you take to attempt to get it back?

I have this happen all the time in my house. Only its not normally the phone. The other computers here just wont connect. The only way I have found to fix it is to reboot via the web interface or unplug the router. Normally just rebooting via web interface does it.
    07-31-2011 08:21 AM
    my wifi just goes away, then comes back in a few seconds, but i can connect the router just fine
    I am having the same issue... Seems similar to http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod...detail?id=3933
    07-31-2011 08:46 AM
    Are you using green power by chance?
    07-31-2011 09:39 AM
6,009 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD