09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 166167168169170 ...
tools
    Are there any plans to use patch files instead of a full update? I knwo companies like htc use them and it cuts down on update zip size as well as reduces the need to wipe data. I found something a while back on it and it seemed easy enough
    01-31-2012 07:26 PM
    Just to confirm, since I too removed the OI Filemanger--all I have to do is reinstall from the market, move the apk back to:

Code:
    /system/app
    rename it to Filemanger.apk and the update will find everything it expects to find?

Or has the OI Filemanger been tweaked to fit the system and I need to get the one from the rom?

Also, what is the impact if I removed ADW Launcher?

I've never updated with the application before so I want to do it right the first time if I can.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    I've removed adw and replaced it with go launcher with no problems yet other then every time I update to the latest build I have to do it again.

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
    BACKside IHO 12212011
    01-31-2012 08:11 PM
    these updates just keep getting better and better. I haven't converted over to one other ROM since Sept.2011!!! I was just wondering in one of the future updates. can you make it so that we can change the color of the "battery" and the "wifi" icons?? or is there even anything out there for that already??
    JerryScript likes this.
    01-31-2012 08:17 PM
    Awhile back I put in a feature request, but when I typed it I was tired and it made absolutely no sense. It was for Jerry's ROM. Now that I'm not so tired, I was wondering if there is any way the notification switch mod from this XDA thread by Taine0 could somehow be implemented into the ROM. Something like the center clock, but with the notifications instead. It would be awesome if it could be, but no biggie if not.
    01-31-2012 08:21 PM
    these updates just keep getting better and better. I haven't converted over to one other ROM since Sept.2011!!! I was just wondering in one of the future updates. can you make it so that we can change the color of the "battery" and the "wifi" icons?? or is there even anything out there for that already??
    Tht would be cool, but you can do that by editting the pngs in a paint program and placing them back in their reapective apks... to get something like this.

I'm wondering jerry, if you can do sonething in some xml to add like a color filter over each app in order to accomplish what he wants, so then you cpuld change the filter.
    01-31-2012 09:40 PM
    Hey guys in extremely new to flashing roms. I succesfully flashed this rom after 3 failed attempts were it would get stuck in the boot animation. The thing i did differently this time was i did not flash the bootsound and green machine theme. The realizing that i forgot about it i went back to flash it. Then once again i got stuck in the boot animation (Which btw is really cool with the bootsound). I think i am flashing in the wrong order or there is a problem with something i'm doing. Plzz help, Thx in advance
    I am just reposting this because i need a response on this because i dont want to mess up anything plz
    01-31-2012 09:48 PM
    I am just reposting this because i need a response on this because i dont want to mess up anything plz
    Clear cache and delvik if your just updating, do a full wipe if fresh install, flash rom, let phone fully boot up, then go back in recovery to flash theme

01-31-2012 10:09 PM
    Tht would be cool, but you can do that by editting the pngs in a paint program and placing them back in their reapective apks... to get something like this.
    Click to view quoted image

I'm wondering jerry, if you can do sonething in some xml to add like a color filter over each app in order to accomplish what he wants, so then you cpuld change the filter.
    XML is probably not the best method, but I might be able to incorporate something like this:
    layout - Standard Android Button with a different color - Stack Overflow
    01-31-2012 11:20 PM
    Since you were coming from a different ROM when you first installed, you should have done a complete wipe/format.

Do so now:
    --In recovery wipe cache and under advanced wipe dalvik cache.

--Then under mounts, format boot, data, system, and cache.

--Then flash the ROM zip file, reboot and let it load for a full 10 minutes.

--Then go back into recovery and flash the theme and bootsound zip files, reboot and wait for a full 5 minutes.

The important things here:
    1) wipe/format to prevent data corruption from previous installs
    2) waiting for the phone to fully boot up before rebooting (the first boot involves lots of files being moved around, parsed, re-written, etc, takes a while).
    01-31-2012 11:25 PM
    Today I noticed on Backside 1/31 that when charging in my car it won't charge when the phone is upside down. All other chargers work fine (wall, pc, etc...) and everything else is running smoothly. Anyone else experience this?
    02-01-2012 09:28 AM
    Today I noticed on Backside 1/31 that when charging in my car it won't charge when the phone is upside down. All other chargers work fine (wall, pc, etc...) and everything else is running smoothly. Anyone else experience this?
    I'm charging in my car right now and it charges fine no matter what position it's in. Are you sure you don't have a short or something in your charger?
    one80oneday likes this.
    02-01-2012 10:24 AM
    I'm charging in my car right now and it charges fine no matter what position it's in. Are you sure you don't have a short or something in your charger?
    Thanks for testing, must just be my charger only when tilted at 180 degrees, all other angle charge fine, weird
    02-01-2012 10:26 AM
    Thanks for testing, must just be my charger only when tilted at 180 degrees, all other angle charge fine, weird
    Trying turning off screen rotation on your launcher, and then try it

02-01-2012 10:43 AM
    I have uploaded the 02012012 build of MiRaGe with the following changes after syncing with CM repo.

- add option to disable scrolling cache
    - 'Blade' style for lockscreen rings
    - ADB over network. I have added this just because it was merged in the CM repo. I recommend disabling this and using the USB cable for both safety and security.
    - option to disable the new rotation animation through system properties: persist.sys.rotationanimation. This is still enabled by default.

In addition to CM repo changes above, I have also replaced the VM boot animation with a static Android Logo. The sequence is now the silver LG logo, static Android logo, and the CM boot animation.

I have tested on my phone and did not see any problems.
    Please thank/donate to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, tdm, LeslieAnn, thekraven, bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and the CM team. Enjoy!
    02-01-2012 10:44 AM
    Trying turning off screen rotation on your launcher, and then try it

I always have that disabled. Also tried disabling Rotate 180 degrees in CM7 settings but didn't help. No matter what I do, when the lock screen says charging and I flip the phone upside down it disappears and stops charging. I noticed it because I'd put my phone into the cup holder upside down and the screen kept coming on. Charger works fine with all my other devices no matter it's orientation. Not a big deal, no reason to look into it either, I'll just keep the phone upright
    02-01-2012 10:52 AM
    i always have that disabled. Also tried disabling rotate 180 degrees in cm7 settings but didn't help. No matter what i do, when the lock screen says charging and i flip the phone upside down it disappears and stops charging. I noticed it because i'd put my phone into the cup holder upside down and the screen kept coming on. Charger works fine with all my other devices no matter it's orientation. Not a big deal, no reason to look into it either, i'll just keep the phone upright
    its posessed!!!!!11111!!!!!
    02-01-2012 11:05 AM
    its posessed!!!!!11111!!!!!
    02-01-2012 11:08 AM
    Honestly, I think it's a kind of a PITA myself. But reports seem to indicate that it charges faster in that state (it's not "off", really, but there must be some sort of power savings in that magical chargerlogo app) and it makes IHO more like the vendor ROM (for better or worse).

It would be nice to make it a toggleable feature but since it's baked into the boot partition that might be a bit difficult to do...
    Just a note -- I found a way to detect warm boot (reboot) yesterday and blarf has merged this into the IHO code. This means it will be possible to skip the chargerlogo for reboots. Users can expect ROMs to get this functionality in the upcoming few days.
    02-01-2012 11:30 AM
    I wanna install flash player if its even possible but which one should I use that would work with IHO
    02-01-2012 02:00 PM
    I wanna install flash player if its even possible but which one should I use that would work with IHO
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=125987

I'm using 11 works good for me on BACKside IHO 0131

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
    BACKside IHO 12212011
    gantz32 likes this.
    02-01-2012 02:21 PM
    thanks for flash player but earlier i was trying to usb tether with my optimus and it would turn on for sec then shut off immediately but the wifi hotspot works great but no tether...you guys have an advice on that????
    02-01-2012 07:23 PM
    The always back up before flashing logo is quite epilepsy inducing!
    02-01-2012 07:34 PM
    thanks for flash player but earlier i was trying to usb tether with my optimus and it would turn on for sec then shut off immediately but the wifi hotspot works great but no tether...you guys have an advice on that????
    I use Easy T ether on my laptop for emergencies. Never had a problem with it connecting.
    gantz32 likes this.
    02-01-2012 08:13 PM
    well i was just wondering do we even need an app to make it work.. just thought it was capable without one but ill check it out.
    02-01-2012 09:54 PM
    I forgot to post this when I posted the new build with the bootanimation chooser. Here are a few threads with lots of bootanimations to try. Some may need to be resized. You don't need the flashable (cwm) versions with the bootanimation choooser, just download the bootanimation zip files and rename as you like to whatever.zip.
    [Boot Animation] [12/04/11] A Huge Collection of Boots ~ Updated - xda-developers
    [BOOT ANIMATION] The Droids - xda-developers
    Boot Animation Index
    cmerlyn and notown like this.
    02-01-2012 11:18 PM
6,009 ... 166167168169170 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD