09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 168169170171172 ...
tools
    It seems that no matter how I try to reset the transparency to a solid color, it remains transparent, even after a reboot. Any help on how to reset it/fix it?

Thanks.
    Tell me exactly what steps you are taking, each button press, and I'll see if I can figure out where you are having issues. Without exact details, I won't be able to help.
    02-04-2012 09:08 PM
    Just a quick question....Has anyone had problems with the phone freezing and blacking out after a phone call? I've had this problem on all IHO roms. I've flashed and reflashed. Redownloaded, checked md5 and still the same problem. Ive wiped 3 times before flashing to be safe. I am using the IHO recovery also.Could it be a hardware issue with my phone?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-05-2012 12:46 PM
    Just a quick question....Has anyone had problems with the phone freezing and blacking out after a phone call? I've had this problem on all IHO roms. I've flashed and reflashed. Redownloaded, checked md5 and still the same problem. Ive wiped 3 times before flashing to be safe. I am using the IHO recovery also.Could it be a hardware issue with my phone?

This used to happen to me back on aosp, but not on IHO. Could be an issue with your phone, I never have that issue.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V
    02-05-2012 03:07 PM
    Also never had that issue...

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
    BACKside IHO 12212011
    02-05-2012 03:21 PM
    Make sure always use proximity is checked on settings.
    00_wrath_00 likes this.
    02-05-2012 03:56 PM
    Make sure always use proximity is checked on settings.
    Thanx jerryscript ill see if that makes a difference. If not I'm going to assume hardware issue and replace the phone.

02-05-2012 04:00 PM
    @Mrg, I tried the latest build, and on YouTube, when the phone goes into Landscape, these black lines appear... Is this a problem? Or just me?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-05-2012 04:51 PM
    @Mrg, I tried the latest build, and on YouTube, when the phone goes into Landscape, these black lines appear... Is this a problem? Or just me?
    Hmm... I just updated my wife's phone last weekend from an earlier mirage to the latest Harmonia 2. Just today we noticed black lines in the camera app, pretty severe, but nothing that affects the photos. No problems on YouTube (web). No overclock (first thing I checked).

I have yet to ask LeslieAnn, just thought I'd mention it here since your issue sounds similar.

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO
    02-05-2012 05:57 PM
    Hmm... I just updated my wife's phone last weekend from an earlier mirage to the latest Harmonia 2. Just today we noticed black lines in the camera app, pretty severe, but nothing that affects the photos. No problems on YouTube (web). No overclock (first thing I checked).

I have yet to ask LeslieAnn, just thought I'd mention it here since your issue sounds similar.

I have no lines.
    Sounds like a bad flash, maybe a lingering file.
    Dannemand likes this.
    02-05-2012 06:19 PM

I get those white lines on Jerry's Backside sometimes (like now). Right now I have it with the camera at times but other times it happens with YouTube.
    Dannemand likes this.
    02-05-2012 08:47 PM
    Take a close look at this. Pretty sure im on 1/25. Sync is off. Short conversation, quick walk to store streaming from Google Music, checking news whilst on the ter in morn. AMAZING BATTERY LIFE! I was at 100% 2 hours after unplug.
    02-05-2012 09:57 PM
    I have no lines.
    Thanks LeslieAnn. Yeah I'm gonna work it a little, see what I find. I didn't actually mean to report it quite yet, but when I saw that other post about black lines on YouTube, I thought it sounded similar.

It was a very thorough flash: Checked MD5 (on phone), triple-wiped everything (except sd of course), no app restores. But I did have one issue: I always enable signature verification before flashing, but this one wouldn't accept it. Any thoughts on that? CWM 3201 recovery, old screen 2.2.1 phone.

Thanks again. And I'll dig a little deeper myself.

02-05-2012 11:07 PM
    Strange, I always sign my roms, maybe I missed it?
    Even then it shouldn't have mattered. I've said before some of these seem to be hard headed regarding memory.

I'm starting to wonder if it's a recovery issue more though. All our recoveries have been ports to my knowledge and have all had at least minor issues (some do not format or wipe properly). It could be amplified with the newer phones. just a guess though.
    02-05-2012 11:54 PM

I have no lines.
    I got black lines on the Youtube app in Landscape in the latest Mirage.
    Dannemand likes this.
    02-05-2012 11:57 PM
    I got black lines on the Youtube app in Landscape in the latest Mirage.
    I don't have any problems with YouTube and the latest mrg's. Build, try uninstalling and reinstalling youtube

02-06-2012 12:08 AM

I've had the issue in the past... Sometimes a reboot corrects it... Other times I've wiped the cache and it'd clear up... Sometimes I just set the videos to HQ and not worry about it until my next flash...

~Azrael's Kiss~
    02-06-2012 12:26 AM
    same here no black/white lines, Ian using Cwm 4.0.1.5 LG optimus v 2.2.1( WAS thanks to all the devs)
    02-06-2012 12:38 AM
    I've had the issue in the past... Sometimes a reboot corrects it... Other times I've wiped the cache and it'd clear up... Sometimes I just set the videos to HQ and not worry about it until my next flash...

~Azrael's Kiss~
    Yeah, HQ clears it up. But my SD mounter is screwed, so I don't reflash unless its serious.

02-06-2012 12:42 AM
    Strange, I always sign my roms, maybe I missed it?
    Even then it shouldn't have mattered. I've said before some of these seem to be hard headed regarding memory.

I'm starting to wonder if it's a recovery issue more though. All our recoveries have been ports to my knowledge and have all had at least minor issues (some do not format or wipe properly). It could be amplified with the newer phones. just a guess though.
    Thanks!

We bought both of our phones at the same time about a year ago. Yet my wife has had more stability problems with IHO on her phone whereas I've had almost none.

But all ROMs on her phone were flashed with the same CWM 3201, so changing or re-flashing that recovery would make sense.

02-06-2012 12:45 AM
    I'm using Jerry's 1/31 build, and the Superuser app itself is now FCing. Root access is fine. It has happened to me before, a few days of use after a flash. Anybody experiencing this?

02-06-2012 04:53 AM
    I'm using Jerry's 1/31 build, and the Superuser app itself is now FCing. Root access is fine. It has happened to me before, a few days of use after a flash. Anybody experiencing this?

Could be you haven't updated the app itself, since it should update after flashing the 1/31. Also try updating your binary by going into superuser>>settings.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

@Curiousnoob sdmounter still broken? You must be going through flash withdrawl
    02-06-2012 07:36 AM
    @Curiousnoob sdmounter still broken? You must be going through flash withdrawl
    Yeahh. I use ADB to flash roms. :P

I'm just glad it works.

@Jerry, Yay new Build, testing now.

And nearly 69Megabytes? :P
    JerryScript likes this.
    02-06-2012 01:09 PM
    Jerry, I just flashed to your latest ROM (the one that does away with the market error/apk error)- I thought maybe I could get the other boot animations to work now as you addressed that as well.

I wiped Dalvik (that's all I ever wipe) and booted up to find that I was low on space. It showed I only had 4megs available. Before I flashed I had well over 20megs (probably between 30 and 40). I then opened up app2sd and it FC'd. I then superuser FC'd and the widgets on my home screen would not load (problem loading widgets) and the theme I had installed (ICS via ADW) did not load. I went in and deleted out some apps on the phone itself, finally got app2sd up and running (it FC'd 3 times before I was able to use it) and freed up 22 megs of space by removing and moving apps. I then rebooted and then it showed I only had 256kb of free space. I am out of things to remove.

Do you need anything from my phone before I attempt another install and ultimately, if that doesn't work, go back to the previous build?

Additional notes:
    -I used your backside updater to download the zip file.
    -I used ROM manager (Clockwork Mod) to wipe dalvik and install it.
    -I did attempt to change the startup screen from the original backside rom one to the particle one. It showed the name of that one instead of "default" but when I attempted to preview it, nothing happened. When I rebooted, the default backside rom boot up screen was still there.

j razz
    JerryScript likes this.
    02-06-2012 09:45 PM
    Just updated via Backside updater,everything seems to work well. No problems,Jerry great work as always,new blade style lockrings look good. Thanks.
    JerryScript likes this.
    02-06-2012 09:55 PM
    Jerry, I just flashed to your latest ROM (the one that does away with the market error/apk error)- I thought maybe I could get the other boot animations to work now as you addressed that as well.

I wiped Dalvik (that's all I ever wipe) and booted up to find that I was low on space. It showed I only had 4megs available. Before I flashed I had well over 20megs (probably between 30 and 40). I then opened up app2sd and it FC'd. I then superuser FC'd and the widgets on my home screen would not load (problem loading widgets) and the theme I had installed (ICS via ADW) did not load. I went in and deleted out some apps on the phone itself, finally got app2sd up and running (it FC'd 3 times before I was able to use it) and freed up 22 megs of space by removing and moving apps. I then rebooted and then it showed I only had 256kb of free space. I am out of things to remove.

Do you need anything from my phone before I attempt another install and ultimately, if that doesn't work, go back to the previous build?

Additional notes:
    -I used your backside updater to download the zip file.
    -I used ROM manager (Clockwork Mod) to wipe dalvik and install it.
    -I did attempt to change the startup screen from the original backside rom one to the particle one. It showed the name of that one instead of "default" but when I attempted to preview it, nothing happened. When I rebooted, the default backside rom boot up screen was still there.

j razz
    1- You failed to follow installation directions by not wiping cache
    2- You used ROM Manager which I DO NOT SUPPORT!!!
    3- You have a huge amount of apps, you might consider using TB to backup and uninstall those you don't use often. Also, try using TB's integrate dalvik to system function. As a final resort, use one of the various *2sd scripts available.

If you do another installation following the instructions posted, and NOT using ROM Manager, and you still have issues after two reboots, please post a logcat to pastebin and post the link here.
    02-06-2012 10:09 PM
6,009 ... 168169170171172 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD