[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Leslie, this is slightly off-topic. Should I consider changing my wife's PRL if her cell is dropping calls occasionally? If so which would you suggest? PM me if you like...
/off topic/

On another note (and slightly off-topic as well), Jerry, You and the other devs should consider getting your hands on a Motorola Triumph. Albeit a great device, however, I think the IHO series would make a really fast and clean transistion to these phones. The current iteration of the CM7 ROM is great, but the dev stopped developing on it being that he no longer has one, and everyone else is all wound up about ICS. It would be a nice port, but it has shown it's ugly side to Issac87 (on another forum, won't say which) and has halted his work for the time being. Soon enough, my old phone(the OP-V) will become another dev phone. My new phone is great and reliable, but I think there is still some work to be done with the existing ROM(s). Just take this for what it is, merely a plea for a great team of devs working on an awesome and (even in the beginning) reliable ROM.

I will still be on here, because my wife still has her OP-V which will soon be transported to Leslie's new iteration of CM7/GB platform. I suspect, as typical for Leslie, that it will be really basic and reliable, just as Harmonia 1.x was. Indeed, I look forward to the change over on my wife's phone. Mainly because it is fun to experiment. Thanks again to all the devs, I know that all the people on this forum appreciate all that the devs have done for us.

sent from my Motorola Triumph CM7ed and OC'd using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Leslie, this is slightly off-topic. Should I consider changing my wife's PRL if her cell is dropping calls occasionally? If so which would you suggest? PM me if you like...
/off topic/

On another note (and slightly off-topic as well), Jerry, You and the other devs should consider getting your hands on a Motorola Triumph. Albeit a great device, however, I think the IHO series would make a really fast and clean transistion to these phones. The current iteration of the CM7 ROM is great, but the dev stopped developing on it being that he no longer has one, and everyone else is all wound up about ICS. It would be a nice port, but it has shown it's ugly side to Issac87 (on another forum, won't say which) and has halted his work for the time being. Soon enough, my old phone(the OP-V) will become another dev phone. My new phone is great and reliable, but I think there is still some work to be done with the existing ROM(s). Just take this for what it is, merely a plea for a great team of devs working on an awesome and (even in the beginning) reliable ROM.

I will still be on here, because my wife still has her OP-V which will soon be transported to Leslie's new iteration of CM7/GB platform. I suspect, as typical for Leslie, that it will be really basic and reliable, just as Harmonia 1.x was. Indeed, I look forward to the change over on my wife's phone. Mainly because it is fun to experiment. Thanks again to all the devs, I know that all the people on this forum appreciate all that the devs have done for us.

sent from my Motorola Triumph CM7ed and OC'd using Tapatalk

My sister went through 3 Triumphs and they were all faulty. Settled on the Wildfire S.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Oh didnt know jerry had a new release ! IHO is incredibly stable on my new OV. Ive managed to go through 2 days on 864 overclocked and not a single hiccup. Ill stay at 806 for now but its good to know i can hit 864 :) The status bar color tweaks is awesome .. thanks to all the devs and for your hard work.

Last edited:
Reactions: JerryScript

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, GTA3, no go.
Hey, Jerry, great ROM/job.
Thanks to you, and all the others... from 2.2 till now... (mmmarz, blarfie, leslie, jerry, bob, mrg... and others xD) I have memory problems, so if i forgot you, I'm sorry. When i remember, ill be sure to edit this and put you in.
AND thanks to all of us noobs... yep, i said it. We all learned from each other.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: JerryScript

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
My sister went through 3 Triumphs and they were all faulty. Settled on the Wildfire S.

I've learned the hard way not to accept a replacement from VM until you are sure it is OK. Their replacement phones are "remanufactured". Most are usually junk. You also must consider what she did or didn't do with the phone that I would do. If her phone was stock, well, stock sucks. The ROM is horrendous with stock. Loaded with bloat. The best thing to do with any of these is to root an ROM right away.

sent from my ASUS Transformer running Prime 2.1.1 using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
/off topic/
I did the PRL swap, it did nothing for me, in fact I think I lost signal. Try it and experiment. It's not a big deal and has little risk involved.

On another note (and slightly off-topic as well), Jerry, You and the other devs should consider getting your hands on a Motorola Triumph. Albeit a great device, however, I think the IHO series would make a really fast and clean transistion to these phones. The current iteration of the CM7 ROM is great, but the dev stopped developing on it being that he no longer has one, and everyone else is all wound up about ICS.
I almost... almost wished I had grabbed one on the half price sale, but I simply refuse to pay even $200 for that pile of...

This is one of the problems of open source, people can come and go, and you are left hanging unless you can do the work yourself. Take a look at the rom devs for the OV, how many of the older devs are still here? Asadulah, and if you stretch the definition of developer you can include me.

Honestly, if the OB or another good upper end phone comes out for Virgin, you can pretty much expect Triumph development to come to a complete screeching halt. The Triumph is probably close to it's Pinnacle if it hasn't already done so.

Many Triumph owners went to it for a high end phone, people into high end phones are willing to pay. As soon as the next big thing comes, many will leave, make that new device a better device all around and you can bet they are gone. We lost a few to it when it came out, but that is nothing compared to the Triumph exodus that will happen.

I had a new one prepped and it is almost ready, I just need to tweak it a bit. I already tried putting it up twice but there were issues.

It is coming though.

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Leslie. I am currently (right now) running a repo to build my very own CM7 for my Triumph. So far, using all the things I've learned here (and other places, along with a buttload of reading), I've been able to build a few ROMs (a few were nearly disaterous). I am getting geared up to run a build of ICS for the Triumph based off a thread I ran across and see what I can do with it. The dev that got it all started has a nearly funcioning/working platform to use on the Triumph (wifi is broke, and sound is acting funny). It's great to see where this has all gone in the past year or so (at least for me). I may talk to you all to get some pointers on little things, but I've been able to start to understand a bit about how all this nonsense comes together. lol.

-Mike

sent from my ASUS Transformer running Prime 2.1.1 using Tapatalk

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to get better battery life while keeping 3G always on? I don't want to turn my mobile data off because my phone stolen once and that remote security doesn't work without mobile data. My battery drain is unbelievable and the phone takes forever to charge.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to get better battery life while keeping 3G always on? I don't want to turn my mobile data off because my phone stolen once and that remote security doesn't work without mobile data. My battery drain is unbelievable and the phone takes forever to charge.

Was kinda wondering the same. I could go to school with 100% and come home with 40%. 7 to 3pm

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk