09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 173174175176177 ...
tools
    So after I flashed your rom I couldn't receive pictures... I can send them, and they get it, but I never get the mms at all, not even a chance to load it, is there a way to fix this?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-10-2012 09:25 PM
    I'm having a bit of a problem, if there is no solution, it's alright but let me know if there is, I'm running the latest Backside IHO JerryScritps version (Big fan), and every time there is a new update I always think that update is going to fix it but I guess it hasn't been brought to light or something, when I get phone calls, my phone doesn't play the ringtone I set, is there any solution to this? Thank you in advance.
    loug, I know this response is a little late, but if you're still having problems with incorrect ringtones:
    Are you using Profiles by any chance? They can override your settings (including ringtones) in ways that are sometimes hard to predict. Try and go back to Default profile (unless you modified that one too )Just a thought...

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO
    ulixmccox likes this.
    02-10-2012 10:19 PM
    So after I flashed your rom I couldn't receive pictures... I can send them, and they get it, but I never get the mms at all, not even a chance to load it, is there a way to fix this?

Sounds like this is your first time flashing the ROM, if so, did you do a full wipe/format before flashing the ROM and gapps?
    02-10-2012 11:16 PM
    Any way to incorporate a fix without an update. Something more of a patch
    Yes, but since this fix is part of the frameworks, it's better to include it in a complete update package, to insure all namespaces are properly associated in the system.
    02-10-2012 11:20 PM
    is there a way to put both vibration and notification ringtones to incoming text messages?
    02-11-2012 02:34 AM
    i just encountered the sideways freeze thing.

And.... i was like wtf..... so i kept tapping the screen like a madman thinking something was gonna f/c. And kept vibrating when i hit a certain part of the screen. Come to find out it was showing boat browser with an "invisible" lock screen. Where it was vibrating i slid across the screen and unlocked it

hope this helps someone!

Sent from your mom's phone.
    Lol, I did the exact same thing. And it happened to me like, 15 times. And every time I just sat there for 5 minutes tapping the screen, waiting for an fc :P The worst was when my alarm went off at 6 the other morning, and I pressed the unlock button only to find it had frozen and I couldn't turn the alarm off. I was way to tired to think about taking the battery out so I just stood there in panic tapping the screen trying to turn the alarm off. Good times, good times

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V
    02-11-2012 08:21 AM
    There really should be a way to turn off the alarm with the power button or something, that would be a good addition.
    02-11-2012 08:37 AM
    is there a way to put both vibration and notification ringtones to incoming text messages?
    Go into Messages (displaying the list of message threads, NOT an actual thread). Hit Menu -> Settings -> Notification Settings. Here you can set ringtone as well as vibration.

Or did I not understand your question correctly?
    notown likes this.
    02-11-2012 09:09 AM
    Go into Messages (displaying the list of message sage threads, NOT an actual thread). Hit Menu -> Settings -> Notification Settings. Here you can set ringtone as well as vibration.

Yes you helped me! Thanks for that.
    Dannemand likes this.
    02-11-2012 10:29 AM
    Go into Messages (displaying the list of message threads, NOT an actual thread). Hit Menu -> Settings -> Notification Settings. Here you can set ringtone as well as vibration.

I hate how the messaging Vibrates also controls if the phone vibrates while ringing. :C

02-11-2012 10:42 AM
    Sounds like this is your first time flashing the ROM, if so, did you do a full wipe/format before flashing the ROM and gapps?
    Yes I sure did, I read somewhere it had something to do with the APN settings, but the same thread redirected me here stating that the problem was fixed with cm7. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

02-11-2012 10:59 AM
    i just encountered the sideways freeze thing.

And.... i was like wtf..... so i kept tapping the screen like a madman thinking something was gonna f/c. And kept vibrating when i hit a certain part of the screen. Come to find out it was showing boat browser with an "invisible" lock screen. Where it was vibrating i slid across the screen and unlocked it

hope this helps someone!

"Boat browser"???? What is that.
    02-11-2012 11:47 AM
    Yes, but since this fix is part of the frameworks, it's better to include it in a complete update package, to insure all namespaces are properly associated in the system.

Well its definitely the rotation for me. Since turning it off It has not froze once in the full day of using it. I tried the MirRaGe rom it didn't have the rotation issue but my device feels faster running Jerry's....(more free ram). Looking forward to a fix. Thanks for the feedback ;-)
    JerryScript likes this.
    02-11-2012 11:57 AM
    I hate hoe thr messaging Vibrates also controls if the phone vibrates while ringing. :C
    Under Settings -> Sound -> Vibrate, if you choose Only in Silent mode (or Never), I'm pretty sure it won't vibrate on phone ring, but still vibrate on sms notication (assuming you've set vibrate in Messaging, of course).

I have that Sound setting on Always because I often don't hear the phone ringing when I am out and about, but at least I'll notice it vibrates in my pocket (the phone, that is

Edit: That said, between the Sound Settings, Profiles and notification settings within Messaging and other individual apps, there's a thousand ways for ringtones and vibration to behave in unexpected ways.
    02-11-2012 12:20 PM
    One thing I noticed for the screen sideways freeze is that if you unlock the phone by guessing the location of your unlock and then trigger the camera, it will cause ADW to quit and then restart, clearing the sideways freeze.
    02-11-2012 04:15 PM
    Omg. I spelled how wrong.

02-11-2012 04:27 PM

And the.
    02-11-2012 05:05 PM
    It had clear signs of a Swype message
    02-11-2012 05:50 PM
    Yes I sure did, I read somewhere it had something to do with the APN settings, but the same thread redirected me here stating that the problem was fixed with cm7. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Which carrier are you trying to receive MMS from? There are issues with some carriers and Virgin Mobile when it comes to MMS, and there's nothing we can do about that.

Also, are you using any third party MMS apps like handcent etc?

And finally, did you restore any system data from a backup after flashing the ROM?

Otherwise, MMS works fine on all IHO builds. Each of the devs tests their builds for working MMS before releasing them.
    02-11-2012 08:50 PM
    New build is up:

Use the BacksideUpdater

or

BACKside-IHO-VM670-02122012.zip
    md5sum 51ba91eb8237c85977877f32e3eddb99

GreenMachineTheme-02122012.zip

Changes:
    - Synced with CM:
    -- Fix for screen freeze bug in new rotation animations
    -- Fix for brightness controls in Power Control Widget
    -- Improved scrolling cache, should make long throws a bit smoother
    - Bootsound is back, but this time it comes with a setting I added to Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>Sounds>>Bootsound, so you can turn it on/off easily. Change /system/media/android_audio.mp3 to any short mp3 you like, or disable if you don't like.
    - BacksideUpdater checks for network connection now, if not present, gives option to goto wireless settings
    - Offline-charging fixed, reboots reboot, and crashes reboot, only power off goes to offline-charging now. You can sleep easily with your phone plugged in now, if there is some random reboot, it will reboot fully and you wont miss your alarms or phone calls.

Thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, tdmcode, LeslieAnn, thekraven, kermikalelite, Whyzor, bigsupersquid, eollie, aosp, the cm team, and a whole lot more!
    jru, itsrayray, reaper420 and 11 others like this.
    02-12-2012 05:25 AM
    New build is up:

Use the BacksideUpdater

or

Changes:
    - Synced with CM:
    - Bootsound is back, but this time it comes with a setting I added to Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>Sounds>>Bootsound, so you can turn it on/off easily. Change /system/media/android_audio.mp3 to any short mp3 you like, or disable if you don't like.
    - BacksideUpdater checks for network connection now, if not present, gives option to goto wireless settings
    - Offline-charging fixed, reboots reboot, and crashes reboot, only power off goes to offline-charging now. You can sleep easily with your phone plugged in now, if there is some random reboot, it will reboot fully and you wont miss your alarms or phone calls.

Thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, tdmcode, LeslieAnn, thekraven, kermikalelite, Whyzor, bigsupersquid, eollie, aosp, the cm team, and a whole lot more!
    thank you! For some reason hitting the thanks button sometimes just doesn't seem to be enough

JerryScript likes this.
    02-12-2012 05:52 AM
    New build is up:

Use the BacksideUpdater

or

Changes:
    - Synced with CM:

Thanks again Jerry! I knew you'd be quick to release a build to fix the screen rotation animation freeze but you've totally outdone yourself again. Also a big thanks to all the other IHO devs.

IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
    BACKside IHO 12212011
    JerryScript likes this.
    02-12-2012 06:53 AM
    Quick question: I'm on the release from two or three back when I started asking a bunch of questions and it used to be in Froyo I could have headphones plugged in and talk to people using the phone's microphone but since I switched to BACKside I found that the microphone would be disabled when headphones plugged in. Is there a way to tweak this back to the way it used to work?

This isn't with the official headphones and their builtin microphone, this is with a different set of headphones altogether.

Thanks.

02-12-2012 08:26 AM
    Quick question: I'm on the release from two or three back when I started asking a bunch of questions and it used to be in Froyo I could have headphones plugged in and talk to people using the phone's microphone but since I switched to BACKside I found that the microphone would be disabled when headphones plugged in. Is there a way to tweak this back to the way it used to work?

This isn't with the official headphones and their builtin microphone, this is with a different set of headphones altogether.

Thanks.

This is a known issue their working on it

02-12-2012 09:40 AM
    Hey Jerry, quick note on your updater... could you make the release notes scrollable? It cuts half of them out
    02-12-2012 10:41 AM
6,009 ... 173174175176177 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD