09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 176177178179180 ...
tools
    and... sorry for typo... tried to edit but its not working right... for me... :-)
    02-15-2012 12:45 AM
    Jerry... have tried multiple times to download new build... tried updater... failed... tried direct from mediafire twice... failed... did manage to get it downloaded once, but then went to flash ans it aborted and said bad file... any suggestions?... I will try again when I get off work to download... mabey ill get lucky... thank you... :-)
    If you checked the md5sum via the updater, then it's not a bad download. I have experienced where some recoveries will abort with a vague error (usually status 7 or 0), even though the package file is in fact fine.

I always do a second attempt at installing right after receiving such errors, and it has worked on the second try every time except one.
    clodfelterac likes this.
    02-15-2012 12:58 AM
    jerry...ok... i tried a few more times... download unsuccessful... managed to get one through and checked md5... didnt match... heres a screenshot... and this was done via backside updater via opera... does that matter?.. hmmm.... i dont see why it should but i will try through tunny and see if that works after this post...
    02-15-2012 06:11 AM
    Green Machine <3

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    clodfelterac and JerryScript like this.
    02-15-2012 06:31 AM
    yes i love my green machine!!! thanks blarf, cyanogen, kermikalelite, jerryscript, bobzhome, and to any and all deevelopers that made and and continue to make this awesome mod happen and improve!!! and of course to the great ov community we have here!!! i read a good quote somewhere here; " lets work together to make something better than the parts." its not mine i take no credit... hats off to you all...
    JerryScript likes this.
    02-15-2012 06:49 AM
    jerry...ok... i tried a few more times... download unsuccessful... managed to get one through and checked md5... didnt match... heres a screenshot... and this was done via backside updater via opera... does that matter?.. hmmm.... i dont see why it should but i will try through tunny and see if that works after this post...
    I just downloaded a fresh copy from the github page with no trouble. I use dolphin hd browser. Just a thought tho... Perhaps your sd card is going bad? If you have another you could try to rule that out.

02-15-2012 07:01 AM
    wraith... i have an 8g coming but sadly,it has not arrived yet... i am going to copy sd to my desktop, then do a triple wipe, then format everything, then flash rom/gapps, wait ten minutes, flash theme/activate bootsounds, wait ten minutes, redownload my apps fresh from market, one by one, remove bloatware, backup and reboot... then replace only pertinent files from desktop sd copy to freshly formated ovsd, change bootanimations and sounds, add ringtone, backup and reboot... then make new copies of all ov files to desktop...

jerry... tried backside updater via tunny... got the download but same screen when i checked md5s... alas my reply above... to be continued...
    02-15-2012 07:44 AM
    Well Mr Jerry. Since removing adw I haven't been getting freeze issues......until I enabled under " display"rotation. Once I did that I began freezing. I believe it's strictly a rotation issue from the
    Stock display settings. Also I believe ill be sticking g with launcher pro. It responds nicer then adw. If there is a reason u can think of to not have anything but adw let me know lo
    02-15-2012 10:18 AM
    I now understand what the screen freeze is. I had it twice. One happened today while texting.

02-15-2012 11:17 AM
    My phone keeps rebooting when plugged in. It doesn't do it always, but it seems whenever I plug my phone in and walk away I come back and find it rebooted. My work around is if I need the phone not to reboot randomly (like if I have an alarm set), I manually reboot as soon as I plug it in and it doesn't have any random reboots.
    02-15-2012 02:04 PM
  11. stopbanningmeidontgotmultipleaccounts's Avatar
    My phone keeps rebooting when plugged in. It doesn't do it always, but it seems whenever I plug my phone in and walk away I come back and find it rebooted. My work around is if I need the phone not to reboot randomly (like if I have an alarm set), I manually reboot as soon as I plug it in and it doesn't have any random reboots.
    Reduce your OC. If that doesn't solve it, wipe everything and do a clean flash.
    02-15-2012 02:11 PM
    I was OC'd to 864...
    02-15-2012 02:15 PM
    Are you trying to download via 3G or WiFi?

If via 3G, do you have a decent signal?

If via WiFi, do you have your wifi policy set to turn off when screen is off?
    Anonymo and clodfelterac like this.
    02-15-2012 03:51 PM
    Off topic: Congrats Jerry for recieving Android Dev! Lol
    Eollie, cmerlyn, mm60 and 2 others like this.
    02-15-2012 03:52 PM
    A couple of quick questions.

1) Has anyone gotten the built in sip application to work.

2) Has anyone gotten the built in USB tethering to work.

3) The right hand icons on the status bar are green no matter what. Is this because at one time I flashed the green machine theme? Is there any way to make them white?
    02-15-2012 11:51 PM
    A couple of quick questions.

2) Has anyone gotten the built in USB tethering to work.

3) The right hand icons on the status bar are green no matter what. Is this because at one time I flashed the green machine theme? Is there any way to make them white?
    Don't know about 1 & 2, I'll let those who use them answer those (I believe instructions for usb tethering are located in the wiki).

3- that is the color of the icons, if you want white ones, you can create a flashable theme with unicolored icons at UOT Kitchen.
    02-15-2012 11:58 PM
    I haven't been able to get the built-in sip app to work with pbxes.org. But I haven't put much effort into it at all, except waching the log output and seeing that it does try to register.
    02-16-2012 12:15 AM
    I haven't been able to get the built-in sip app to work with pbxes.org. But I haven't put much effort into it at all, except waching the log output and seeing that it does try to register.
    On a very early build I had it working but pbxes had some weird crap going on and I cancelled. Personally I think its added for when google add there voip service for gvoice on android.
    02-16-2012 12:24 AM
    So I did a backup and flashed the rom and gapps from a clean device, (went into mounts, and formatted system,boot,cache,and data all manually). Still no mms.. :/

02-16-2012 12:31 AM
    So I did a backup and flashed the rom and gapps from a clean device, (went into mounts, and formatted system,boot,cache,and data all manually). Still no mms.. :/

Did you remember to wipe dalvik cache?

Do you have 3g service right now?

What carrier are you trying to send MMS to (a couple of carriers have issue with VM's mms)?

Did you restore any apps/data before trying MMS?

Do you use any third party MMS apps like Handcent etc?
    02-16-2012 12:56 AM
    bdg... yes tether works nicely...

Jerry... I use 3g... as for signal, I've never seen it above two bars... pretty sad since I live in the center of town... and no wifi access at the moment... ill keep trying... thank you...
    02-16-2012 04:04 AM
    Did you remember to wipe dalvik cache?

Do you have 3g service right now?

What carrier are you trying to send MMS to (a couple of carriers have issue with VM's mms)?

Did you restore any apps/data before trying MMS?

Do you use any third party MMS apps like Handcent etc?
    Yes I wiped everything, I have 3g and I'm using virgin mobile i deleted my old titanium backups and made a new one of only user apps and data. Yes i am currently using go SMS, although i have tried it with my stock one as well..

Thanks so much in advance.

02-16-2012 11:21 AM
    @Jerry, A couple of pages back, you posted instructions with ADB connect (IP):5555

At the end of it, do you also have to type ADB disconnect?
    02-16-2012 11:28 AM
    @Jerry, A couple of pages back, you posted instructions with ADB connect (IP):5555

At the end of it, do you also have to type ADB disconnect?
    No, just turn off adb wireless in settings.
    02-16-2012 12:15 PM
    Mr Jerry quick question in relation to actual backup files (CW backup) is it actually safe to to move that backup file onto my computer for when I actually NEED it. Instead of it just taking up space on my SD card. I have multiple backups from ur rom as well as others and its starting to eat alot of space.
    02-16-2012 02:44 PM
6,009 ... 176177178179180 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD