09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    in this last 7/30 build everything worked so much better camera zoom, ringtones,bluetooth better but still needs improvement also the personal ringtones even works for me and its way smooth. my piont is that if this rom is giving anyone problems its probably user error. thinks for the build jerry, and blarf.
    mjw029 likes this.
    07-31-2011 08:54 PM
    I just went back to asop the next build for this one comes out. I guess there's just something with the past two builds that doesn't agree with my phone
    Did u use clockwork? I don't notice wifi issue any more but I'm at work. Will update at like 1 am
    07-31-2011 09:46 PM
    I just reflashed again, i was having the same wifi problem for about ten minutes. i ran a logcat, wifi went out towards the end of the log so i posted the log on pastebin, but ive gone 30 min now and the wifi hasn,t cut out again. Nevermind, it went out while i was writing this.
    7/30 wifi issue - Pastebin.com
    07-31-2011 11:13 PM
    i have no idea how to do a logcat i can flash roms all day long but i know nothing adb commands. i can tell you the 7/22 and 7/25 builds work fine, its only the last two builds that drop the wifi
    Grabbing a logcat is very easy. Open Terminal Emulator on your phone, then type the following lines:

su
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

Then press you home key so you can leave the terminal running.

Once you see the wifi drop, wait for it to reconnect or do whatever you are experiencing, then long press the home key and the press the terminal icon.

Once back in terminal and your keyboard is open, hold the volume_down button and press the letter c on the keyboard to stop the logcat output.

Exit the terminal, and then you will find the logcat.txt file on your sdcard. Go to pastebin.com and copy and paste the logcat output, then post the pastebin link here.
    07-31-2011 11:15 PM
    Is there any way to update the market app on this rom?
    07-31-2011 11:16 PM
    I just went back to asop the next build for this one comes out. I guess there's just something with the past two builds that doesn't agree with my phone
    Did u use clockwork? I don't notice wifi issue any more but I'm at work, will update at 1 am.
    Update: still broke
    07-31-2011 11:18 PM
    no progress on GrooveIP?
    v1.2.0 was updated on 7/29, anyone tried this new version with the 7/30 rom?
    I've been able to get a single word through on the echo number I test with, took a bunch of troubleshooting settings in GrooveIP to get just that. I am posting another pastebin with these results and the settings I used in the GrooveIP thread.

As Blarf mentioned, it seems to be an issue with Gingerbread on the Optimus V, and if so, that makes it a GrooveIP issue.

Edit: http://pastebin.com/61B7awnc
    07-31-2011 11:18 PM
    Is there any way to update the market app on this rom?
    Download the latest Market apk from xda and install it. I don't like it, way to W7ish for my taste.
    07-31-2011 11:20 PM
    My market already updated on its own the other day, I hate it too
    07-31-2011 11:40 PM
    Grabbing a logcat is very easy. Open Terminal Emulator on your phone, then type the following lines:

su
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

Then press you home key so you can leave the terminal running.

Once you see the wifi drop, wait for it to reconnect or do whatever you are experiencing, then long press the home key and the press the terminal icon.

Once back in terminal and your keyboard is open, hold the volume_down button and press the letter c on the keyboard to stop the logcat output.

Exit the terminal, and then you will find the logcat.txt file on your sdcard. Go to pastebin.com and copy and paste the logcat output, then post the pastebin link here.
    I didnt go through the terminal i used an app off the market (alogcat). I let it run for a minute untill i had the issue again then turned it off when tthe wifi connected, either way here's the link to that log

7/30 wifi issue - Pastebin.com
    07-31-2011 11:44 PM
    Blarf, do you think this might be a fix for those with wifi issues?

Gerrit Code Review

I haven't been able to replicate the issue, so I don't know if it's ROM, Router, or other cause.
    08-01-2011 12:26 AM
    Blarf, do you think this might be a fix for those with wifi issues?

Gerrit Code Review

I haven't been able to replicate the issue, so I don't know if it's ROM, Router, or other cause.
    I am still having the wifi issue as well. I switched to clockwork wiped 2x, formated and flashed.
    08-01-2011 01:47 AM
    I'm having some wifi issues with drew's iho so its not kernel related
    08-01-2011 02:07 AM
    I installed Backside yesterday (7/30 build) and have been using wifi without any problems. The market works fine, downloads from third party sites, and general surfing. I have yet to have any disconnects or connection issues.
    08-01-2011 06:31 AM
    Hey Jerry I apologize for ridiculing this rom I let it settle for a day and now its running smooth, great rom

Sent from my Optimus V
    08-01-2011 11:26 AM
    Hey Jerry I apologize for ridiculing this rom I let it settle for a day and now its running smooth, great rom

Sent from my Optimus V
    Yup, i feel like the 7/30 build is just a lot smoother then the previous builds
    08-01-2011 12:05 PM
    So far this has been the rom that is giving me the most running time..

Here is a newb question..
    At first i installed the green machine theme.. and then installed another theme, but the battery tachometer (on the status bar) is now gone... anyone know how to get that icon back again ?? When the phon is charging its still there, but no more on the status bar..

Thanks.
    08-01-2011 12:15 PM
    I gotta say that the 7/30 build is the best so far - stable and pretty much everything I've tossed at it works. Nice job!

Hey people, if you haven't done so already - punch the 'Donate' button on the 1st page - these people are donating some serious time & effort into this, the least we can do is buy them a beer for it.
    08-01-2011 12:27 PM
    .....gps still seems worse than stock
    Just wanted to chime in on this. I've been using the Jerryscript builds and am currently using the 7/30 build. In all of them, I've found that the gps does work, but it just doesn't seem as quick to lock as when I was running Stock. When I was running a stock rom, my GPS locked in almost immediately. With this rom, it can be 20-30 seconds before I get a fix. It also seems to occasionally lose fix.

Does anyone else see this?

This is really a nitpick; the gps is very usable and these issues are only noticeable when comparing them to the stock rom performance. I'm sure Blarf has higher priority things in the queue to fix, but I figured I'd mention this.
    08-01-2011 12:43 PM
    Hey people, if you haven't done so already - punch the 'Donate' button on the 1st page - these people are donating some serious time & effort into this, the least we can do is buy them a beer for it.
    Donated..

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    08-01-2011 01:02 PM
    I need to get access to the phone thru QPST and with this rom it doesnt detect it... anyone having the same problem ??

I have all the drivers installed, and also its listed under device manager.. but CDMA Workshop, QPST, or QXDM doesnt see the phone.. this doesnt happen with other roms.

Any clue ??
    08-01-2011 01:05 PM
    gps has been perfect for me. i live in a bad reception area but my gps still locks in as soon as i open up maps.
    08-01-2011 01:10 PM
    What's the battery life like on the new build?

08-01-2011 01:19 PM
    Is there a twitter account for this ROM or a quick way to find out about updates besides this thread? I don't always get email notifications from this thread :/
    08-01-2011 01:23 PM
    What's the battery life like on the new build?

This where my stats
    crpeck likes this.
    08-01-2011 01:50 PM
6,009 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD