09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 180181182183184 ...
tools
    Would flashing an update to backside with a 3rd party theme chooser theme enabled do anything bad? Because ever since I flashed my first ROM update with a theme enabled, the statusbar settings have been wonky. "Theme" doesn't actually go to the theme status bar background anymore, no matter what theme I use. It just brings up the theme statusbar icons. And system and transparent are backwards, but custom color still works fine. Might just have to do a complete wipe and start over, but I'm trying out ICS tomorrow anyway, so I may just do that. Just wondering about this though.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V
    I have done my best to keep the default AOSP theming functionality intact with my mods, but I cannot guarantee that all theme method work. Have you tried both theme and ROM settings? Many themes once applied treat their resources as the ROM's, so you should try both the theme and ROM settings, for flashable themes try using ROM.
    02-21-2012 01:49 AM
    Flashing the radio doesnt permanently mess up the phone. i can downgrade it to a different radio if needed. Honestly i never did it before because i didn't want to take a chance since the optimus was my only phone.
    In my opinion it's the correct route to take since it's an update in the phones software.

P.S yes i mean the optimus V.
    JerryScript and Dannemand like this.
    02-21-2012 09:40 AM
    I have done my best to keep the default AOSP theming functionality intact with my mods, but I cannot guarantee that all theme method work. Have you tried both theme and ROM settings? Many themes once applied treat their resources as the ROM's, so you should try both the theme and ROM settings, for flashable themes try using ROM.
    Well, I am using a custom modified theme. The first one I am trying is zDunex's MIUI theme. I've modified the statusbar background and notification icons.

"Theme" gives me a transparent statusbar.
    "ROM" gives me the theme statusbar.
    "Custom Color" gives me the color I set
    "Transparent" gives me transparent again.

Using a different theme, this time a modified version of a MIUI V4 theme, I can never even get the theme statusbar background to show up. Actually, one sec, I think I might have just found something...
    JerryScript likes this.
    02-21-2012 11:11 AM
    A little tip from benslgdroid at AF:

For background images to use in the notification dropdown, do a google search for anything and add 320x480 to it (example: <your fav team> 320x480), then hit the images tab. You'll get tons of images based on your search term that will work in the background chooser. And you can do it all from your phone!
    benslgdroid and faheyd like this.
    02-21-2012 02:52 PM
    Flashing the radio doesnt permanently mess up the phone. i can downgrade it to a different radio if needed. Honestly i never did it before because i didn't want to take a chance since the optimus was my only phone.<br />
    In my opinion it's the correct route to take since it's an update in the phones software. <br />
    <br />
    P.S yes i mean the optimus V.
    I thought the reason it was a problem was because there is no virgin Mobile radio to go back to once sprints was flashed...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-21-2012 03:57 PM
    I thought the reason it was a problem was because there is no virgin Mobile radio to go back to once sprints was flashed...
    Yes, that's what I was referring to. I remember those threads with poor souls who flashed the Sprint GB and nobody here had a fix for them to bring it back. But come on, this is asadullah, I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

That's why I thought he might be joking at first...
    02-21-2012 04:32 PM
    No you can't downgrade below v7 once you upgrade unless we are able to someday open up the vm670 cab file. But I don't know why you would want to except in case of returns which well I don't plan on it.
    Just a little info on the radios. if you look in about phone you'll notice the baseband section, that is your radio version mine for instance was the v5 baseband. Each radio up till zvh is an update in the radio software sometimes giving you a better signal. In the case of zvh though it's an update it also has new libs so it does't work with anything right now except for the optimus gingerbread roms or roms made for the radio.
    Honestly I would suggest the v7 v8 or v9 radio. I downgraded back today to the v8. They fully work with our devices The zvh though is gonna need some support.

Here's some stuff on the radio interface
    Dannemand, thewraith420 and faheyd like this.
    02-21-2012 07:29 PM
    Actually in about phone on IHO the baseband is just unknown. Thx for the info tho. Seems a bit scary for me to attempt an update lol

02-21-2012 07:48 PM
    Just FYI- there has never been a radio image released specifically for the Optimus V.

You take a risk flashing radio images. Asadullah knows what he is doing, but then he's been developing for the OV longer than anyone else!
    02-21-2012 08:31 PM
    ^Thats new to me. But cool. Asadullah's still here.

shawne11 likes this.
    02-21-2012 09:47 PM
    I have uploaded a new MiRaGe build 02222012 to the IHO Wiki after syncing with the CM repo. The few changes are as follows

- Synced with the CM repo
    - Fix screen hang after dismissing a landscape alarm
    - I have replaced the battery, WiFi, signal, sdcard, smiley icons with ICS style icons in GB color (not from CM repo).

Thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, and the CM team.
    02-22-2012 09:25 PM
    I have uploaded a new MiRaGe build 02222012 to the IHO Wiki after syncing with the CM repo. The few changes are as follows

- Synced with the CM repo
    - Fix screen hang after dismissing a landscape alarm
    - I have replaced the battery, WiFi, signal, sdcard, smiley icons with ICS style icons in GB color (not from CM repo).

Thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, and the CM team.
    Just flashed the 02-22-2012 build of Mirage. Everything seems to work fine except the theme with circular battery indicator doesn't work.
    02-24-2012 08:20 AM
    I too have flashed the new mirage rom and theme. Everything seems to be working including the circular battery indicater. Just wanna says thanks to you all for your hardwork.

mrg666 likes this.
    02-24-2012 12:28 PM
    Just flashed the 02-22-2012 build of Mirage. Everything seems to work fine except the theme with circular battery indicator doesn't work.
    You might have a bad download. Try downloading again and also disabling the sign check in recovery.
    02-24-2012 02:54 PM
    You might have a bad download. Try downloading again and also disabling the sign check in recovery.
    Redownloaded the theme and it now works, thanks.
    02-24-2012 06:53 PM
    Just FYI- there has never been a radio image released specifically for the Optimus V.

You take a risk flashing radio images. Asadullah knows what he is doing, but then he's been developing for the OV longer than anyone else!
    what will the raiod image do for me???
    02-24-2012 07:18 PM
    what will the raiod image do for me???
    Not much if you can't spell radio correctly

But you don't want to mess with radio images. For the average user, they'll mess up your phone quite badly, and won't do any good for you.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V
    gantz32 likes this.
    02-25-2012 12:37 AM
    There is no radio for you to flash at this time anyway.
    02-25-2012 12:40 AM
    Say you flashed a radio, can you recover from that?

02-25-2012 11:11 AM
    Running baclside any reason the weather portion of weather and news does not work? No fc or anything, i just can't set a location. Tbh hasn't worked in quite some time. Lol. May meed a fresh wipe for fix. But idk.

Sent from your mom's phone.
    02-25-2012 11:13 AM
    Running baclside any reason the weather portion of weather and news does not work? No fc or anything, i just can't set a location. Tbh hasn't worked in quite some time. Lol. May meed a fresh wipe for fix. But idk.

I use the News & Weather app too, and often it takes several attempts to get the weather location to work, but eventually it always does (so long as there is a network connection available at the time).
    02-25-2012 11:28 AM
    When i read your post i went back to try and try again(i have been doing this for at least 2 months, never really wanted to fully wipe to see if it would fix it) and ill be damned, worked first try.

The wonders of technology and its struggle to test your patience. Lol

Thanks Jerry!

JerryScript likes this.
    02-25-2012 12:09 PM
    I use the News & Weather app too, and often it takes several attempts to get the weather location to work, but eventually it always does (so long as there is a network connection available at the time).
    I never liked the News & Weather app. I use BeWeather (free on GetJar) and US Newspapers, both apps work very well on both IHO and Quattrimus. BeWeather has a very nice set of widgets, I always have one on my home screen.
    02-25-2012 05:30 PM
    I never liked the News & Weather app. I use BeWeather (free on GetJar) and US Newspapers, both apps work very well on both IHO and Quattrimus. BeWeather has a very nice set of widgets, I always have one on my home screen.
    To me its already within the rom, works for what i want it to, and it is simple. :beer:

02-25-2012 06:03 PM
    Apparently we have a bug in the Bluetooth. http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...cm7-ports.html

I.H.O. Roms all seem to have the same Bluetooth address.
    02-27-2012 12:52 PM
6,009 ... 180181182183184 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD