09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 182183184185186 ...
tools
    did you forget to wipe ?
    I forgot I was in androidcentral for a second and chuckled :rolleyes:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-01-2012 03:41 PM
    I did the same thing last night... I think its because of files that ics puts on the phone... I ended up going into recovery>full wipe and format>format sdcard>eject sdcard while in recovery>use sdcard reader to move my sdcard backup from pc to card>reinsert sdcard into phone>flash as usual... good to go...
    03-01-2012 07:16 PM
    That did the trick! Thanks! :-)
    03-01-2012 09:29 PM
    any time... :-)
    03-01-2012 09:50 PM
    @Jerry, My phone randomly freezes during something still, no ICS rotations, I use Portrait mode all the time, so I don't know what caused it. Happened 3 times today during txting.
    03-01-2012 09:59 PM
    Decided to try out Words With Friends and it is VERY choppy. Works fine in Froyo. Is this a known issue?
    03-01-2012 10:36 PM
    fixxed=)
    03-01-2012 11:11 PM
    @Jerry, My phone randomly freezes during something still, no ICS rotations, I use Portrait mode all the time, so I don't know what caused it. Happened 3 times today during txting.
    Sounds like a background process was hanging. I can only troubleshoot such issues with a logcat.

For now, try fix_permissions, and if that doesn't help, try a full wipe/format and reflash the ROM.
    03-02-2012 12:18 AM
    Let me begin by saying, THANKS. I just flashed tonight, but I can tell this ROM makes my phone way zippier than before. It's running like a champ.

I have noticed a couple things, that hopefully you guys could help me with

My power button isn't working at all. I should state that I had this same issue with my last ROM (Ath3nos/MMarz CM7). However, at least with that ROM, the voice command button above the camera button acted, in most ways, like the power button. It would lock and unlock the screen, and long press would bring up the Reboot/Power off/etc options. Now, I can't do any of that stuff cuz the voice command button doesn't do anything either. Not to mention, I can't manually boot into recovery, which could be a huge issue obv.

This is more minor, but it makes my a big UX difference to me. There doesn't seem to be a long-press back button option in the CM settings. With my last ROM, I used the long press on the back button to kill apps. It made things SO much easier. Does anybody know why that isn't an option anymore?

But again, let me say thanks! The biggest reason I wanted to upgrade ROMs is b/c way too often when using Maps/Nav with the Ath3nos/MMarz CM7 ROM, my phone would crash and reboot. I work as a chauffeur so, needless to say, that was serious problem for me. And while I haven't had much time with this ROM, I've tried to make the phone reboot while in Maps/Nav but without success. Thankfully!
    03-02-2012 01:56 AM
    Also, the time isn't showing up on the status bar. Forgot to mention that before.
    03-02-2012 02:04 AM
    Let me begin by saying, THANKS. I just flashed tonight, but I can tell this ROM makes my phone way zippier than before. It's running like a champ.

I have noticed a couple things, that hopefully you guys could help me with

My power button isn't working at all. I should state that I had this same issue with my last ROM (Ath3nos/MMarz CM7). However, at least with that ROM, the voice command button above the camera button acted, in most ways, like the power button. It would lock and unlock the screen, and long press would bring up the Reboot/Power off/etc options. Now, I can't do any of that stuff cuz the voice command button doesn't do anything either. Not to mention, I can't manually boot into recovery, which could be a huge issue obv.

This is more minor, but it makes my a big UX difference to me. There doesn't seem to be a long-press back button option in the CM settings. With my last ROM, I used the long press on the back button to kill apps. It made things SO much easier. Does anybody know why that isn't an option anymore?

But again, let me say thanks! The biggest reason I wanted to upgrade ROMs is b/c way too often when using Maps/Nav with the Ath3nos/MMarz CM7 ROM, my phone would crash and reboot. I work as a chauffeur so, needless to say, that was serious problem for me. And while I haven't had much time with this ROM, I've tried to make the phone reboot while in Maps/Nav but with success. Thankfully!
    Marz mapped the buttons that way. You'll have to get a button remapper from the market or try doing it yourself.

The clock missing isn't as hard. Jerry set it up for custom colors in the settings, unfortunate side effect is that #00000 or black is the default. Just poke around in the settings and you'll find it.

The back button is in there, settings/application settings/development/Stop app via long press.
    TFizz likes this.
    03-02-2012 02:09 AM
    Thanks a lot for the tips.

But now I have what I believe to be a MASSIVE problem:

I got the ButtonRemapper from XDA ([App] ButtonRemapper - Beta v0.2.4 (New Galaxy S version added) - xda-developers), and it showed as if my Power button is assigned to the power functions but it clearly isn't. I then remapped the voice command button to have Power button functionality. It worked. In so far as, it locked the screen and long press brought up the Reboot/Power off/etc options BUTTT it doesn't power on the phone! The phone is now off, and it can't be powered back on!

I mentioned in my earlier post, that this was the same button "map" set up with Ath3nos/MMarz ROM. But, at least with that, I could always power on the phone by plugging it in. HOWEVER, it doesn't work now! When I plug it in hoping it'll power on, it just shows a battery charging image and that's it. I can't boot into recovery and I can't power on the phone!!!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

UPDATE: I don't know what the hell happened, but I removed the battery and when I put it back in the HARDKEY Power button regained its functionality. Phew! So I turned the phone back on, and as an added bonus, now I can manually boot into recovery as opposed to being relegated to ROM Manager. I was legit freaking out there for a minute lol. Thanks again drezliok!
    03-02-2012 05:05 AM
    Thanks a lot for the tips.

But now I have what I believe to be a MASSIVE problem:

I got the ButtonRemapper from XDA ([App] ButtonRemapper - Beta v0.2.4 (New Galaxy S version added) - xda-developers), and it showed as if my Power button is assigned to the power functions but it clearly isn't. I then remapped the voice command button to have Power button functionality. It worked. In so far as, it locked the screen and long press brought up the Reboot/Power off/etc options BUTTT it doesn't power on the phone! The phone is now off, and it can't be powered back on!

I mentioned in my earlier post, that this was the same button "map" set up with Ath3nos/MMarz ROM. But, at least with that, I could always power on the phone by plugging it in. HOWEVER, it doesn't work now! When I plug it in hoping it'll power on, it just shows a battery charging image and that's it. I can't boot into recovery and I can't power on the phone!!!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

UPDATE: I don't know what the hell happened, but I removed the battery and when I put it back in the HARDKEY Power button regained its functionality. Phew! So I turned the phone back on, and as an added bonus, now I can manually boot into recovery as opposed to being relegated to ROM Manager. I was legit freaking out there for a minute lol. Thanks again drezliok!
    I believe mmarz manually edited the buttons so that both keys were power. Maybe it will let you put power at 2. Buttons.
    03-02-2012 09:53 AM
    I have uploaded a new MiRaGe build 03022012 to the IHO Wiki after syncing with the CM repo. There were some relatively large commits in the CM repo. Although these do not add anything new to OV, I wanted to have these included in the build before new commits pile up. So, you can easily skip this build if you don't feel like flashing again.

- Synced with the CM repo
    - Implement basic framework for fingerprint lockscreen (not functional on OV)
    - @hide all the changes to frameworks/base... (there is no effect to user experience)
    - improved the ICS style battery icon (use a magnifier to see a difference )

Thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, and the CM team.
    03-02-2012 05:35 PM
    Hi.

I installed this ROM earlier today and things have been going fine. All of a sudden it won't connect to any of my saved wifi connections.

A normal reboot and then a Cache and dalvik wipe + boot followed by another reboot didn't resolve this problem.

[EDIT] It can connect to connections with no security, but not to the normal secured connections i have "remembered" or whatever...
    03-02-2012 05:56 PM
    Hi.

I installed this ROM earlier today and things have been going fine. All of a sudden it won't connect to any of my saved wifi connections.

A normal reboot and then a Cache and dalvik wipe + boot followed by another reboot didn't resolve this problem.

[EDIT] It can connect to connections with no security, but not to the normal secured connections i have "remembered" or whatever...
    I have the same problem on Jerry's latest, I worked around this by modifying the connection and re entering the password, it would then connect. I'm guessing I have a bad flash or something.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-02-2012 06:34 PM
    Do you have to modify the connection every single time you turn wifi off and later want to reconnect?

That may be a temporary brute force solution for some, but I can't modify the connections I connect to.
    03-02-2012 07:41 PM
    What kind of themes does everyone recommend? Stock is starting to look old
    03-02-2012 09:39 PM
    For those with WiFi issues:

-what steps did you take to flash the ROM
    -what ROM were you using before you flashed this one
    -what type of router are you using (please don't say Belkin)

Remember, it's the details that will help us trouble shoot things.
    03-02-2012 11:23 PM
    For those with WiFi issues:

-what steps did you take to flash the ROM
    -what ROM were you using before you flashed this one
    -what type of router are you using (please don't say Belkin)

Remember, it's the details that will help us trouble shoot things.
    And double check the router. Make sure its working. I like to soft restart mine from the 192.168.x.x controls.
    03-03-2012 12:27 AM
    greenmachine es numero uno senor...
    JerryScript likes this.
    03-03-2012 12:39 AM
    Of course, I recommend my GreenMachineTheme

A very popular and well supported one is QuickSilver, it's dev takes pride in a very polished theme!
    bdfull3r likes this.
    03-03-2012 12:42 AM
    I am using GingerIce9 from [Theme] Ice9 and GingerIce9 for Tmobile theme chooser *update* 02/26/12 - xda-developers It's very nice. You have to replace the clock apk with theme enabled one but there is a link on the thread for it.
    bdfull3r likes this.
    03-03-2012 12:50 AM
    For those with wifi connection problems:

I suddenly out of the blue got this problem a few months ago. Went back to stock ROM, and it was the same.

I had to change my router's channel setting from auto (defaulted to channel 1) to a manual channel (I picked 9).

Maybe my neighbor got an identical router (from BrightHouse cable) with the same channel setting, causing too much interference.

Don't know if this applies to you, but it solved it for me.
    mrg666 and JerryScript like this.
    03-03-2012 09:02 AM
    For those with wifi connection problems:

I suddenly out of the blue got this problem a few months ago. Went back to stock ROM, and it was the same.

I had to change my router's channel setting from auto (defaulted to channel 1) to a manual channel (I picked 9).

Maybe my neighbor got an identical router (from BrightHouse cable) with the same channel setting, causing too much interference.

Don't know if this applies to you, but it solved it for me.
    I bet 99% of the WiFi problems are of such kind. Thank you for posting your experience.
    Dannemand likes this.
    03-03-2012 02:00 PM
6,009 ... 182183184185186 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD