[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
MiRaGe-01102012

Hi Everyone,

I have uploaded the new MiRaGe with the following changes to the Wiki

- Huge thanks to tdm for fixing the long-standing offline charging issue. With this, red LG logo before CM boot animation has been replaced with VM splash screen.
- Synced with CM which brought the followings changes besides some other small changes
- Ringlock style options added to CM settings
- Support for BT GPS dongles. I can't test this and feedback appreciated.

As always all of the thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, thekraven, tdm, Bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and the CM team who made this possible.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I meant a cheap service with an excellent phone. Earlier it was one or the other. Get ripped off for a usable smart phone or suffer a second rate experience to save money.

Carriers in the US really know how to gouge customers. They give you a free phone and charge a high monthly rate to "supposedly" recover the cost of the phone. Then two years later, you own the phone but the monthly rate never comes down. Go figure.

I've been with them about 5 years. I knew what u meant u just said the saying backwards :)

Sent from your mom's phone.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Offline charging and the animated boot logo are independent functions. I enabled both of them in the same commit in my github. JerryScript choose to take both, at least for now.

oh my bad. Lol. I thought it might hav something to do with it. I admit fail lol.

Long pressing the power button while powered-off-charging should reboot the phone. I hold it till I see the LG logo. ;)

Ill try it out :)

Edit. That worked. :cool:

Sent from your mom's phone.

Last edited:

montenell

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
i cant connect to wifi now that i've updated to latest version.. after putting in my password, it says that its "obtaining ip address" from my router but it never shows connected

also after a reboot my screen displays "problem loading widget"

Last edited:

a5pe4

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
i cant connect to wifi now that i've updated to latest version.. after putting in my password, it says that its "obtaining ip address" from my router but it never shows connected

This happened to me a few weeks ago. I assumed you've already tried resetting your phone but try resetting the router. This didn't work for me and so I had to fully wipe my OV. I still ran into the same problem because I had my wifi settings saved on Titanium Backup. So the next time I made sure not to save that and everything has been working since with a full wipe.

montenell

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me a few weeks ago. I assumed you've already tried resetting your phone but try resetting the router. This didn't work for me and so I had to fully wipe my OV. I still ran into the same problem because I had my wifi settings saved on Titanium Backup. So the next time I made sure not to save that and everything has been working since with a full wipe.

about to find out, i accidentally formatted my sd lol so i'm starting from scratch

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Did you link anything to the sdcard? IE: link2sd apps2sd dalvik2sd TitaniumBackup-dalvik-intergration etc?

Most of the instances of widgets not loading are due to one of the *2sd methods not being removed before flashing. This definitely occurs using TB's dalvik integration method, if you don't undo it before flashing a new build.

As for the wifi, try rebooting into recovery and wiping cache and under advance wiped dalvik cache. Reboot and test wifi. If you still have issues, you will have to do a complete wipe/format (backup apps first, but not system apps!).

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
If your using link2sd, you have to recreate mount scripts, by going to settings/more select recreate mount scripts chose your ext. And reboot. Its because your Widgets are on your sdext, and the past couple months the iho roms haven't always been mounting sdext after a flash

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

riberet

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Ya, That Virgin mobile logo on start up scared me too. And I thought, this time I screwed up...... just remained patient and everything went well

Silence99

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Updated MiRaGe seems to work well on my phone, including the power off charging.

Although the large file bug in the stock Music app is still present (I don't think it's ever going away :( ), everything else is great.

Thanks for the hard work, everyone!

Reactions: mrg666

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Updated MiRaGe seems to work well on my phone, including the power off charging.

Although the large file bug in the stock Music app is still present (I don't think it's ever going away :( ), everything else is great.

Thanks for the hard work, everyone!

Give a(nother) try to the latest Google Music app in the Market. It is bulkier and slower than the stock Music app but I had to move on. I don't even have the stock Music app on my phone anymore.

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
With Backside 1/10 build I am getting many, many more random reboots with a clock speed that hasn't given me trouble for months on previous builds. Also instead of actually rebooting, it completely turns the phone off when it's plugged in. Not sure if this has been reported or if it's only me.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
With Backside 1/10 build I am getting many, many more random reboots with a clock speed that hasn't given me trouble for months on previous builds. Also instead of actually rebooting, it completely turns the phone off when it's plugged in. Not sure if this has been reported or if it's only me.

Sounds like an incomplete wipe, bad download, or dirty flash. Check the md5sum of the ROM zip file, go into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache a couple of times, then reflash.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Mrg666: Flashed your 01/10 build yesterday, and this one too runs perfectly. What can I say... :)

I really appreciate the charging fix and want to thank tdm for contributing that!

I used it to supercharge my battery as described yesterday by zedorda in a separate thread (I'll copy a link to the thread if I get to my PC later). So far it has added quite a bit of extra juice to my battery.

I'm constantly amazed at all you guys are doing to keep growing this little phone. Even though I'd like a larger screen (or higher res) I love the small size of the OV. And thanks to you guys it is still a great phone now after I've had it a year - even compared to other, newer (and larger!) phones.

Thanks a lot to you, blarf, Jerry, Bobz, LeslieAnn - and all those IHO, CM and other devs I don't even know about.

Edit: this is the thread I mentioned: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=148326 Proper way to calibrate battery?

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO

Last edited:
Reactions: mrg666

montenell

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you link anything to the sdcard? IE: link2sd apps2sd dalvik2sd TitaniumBackup-dalvik-intergration etc?

Most of the instances of widgets not loading are due to one of the *2sd methods not being removed before flashing. This definitely occurs using TB's dalvik integration method, if you don't undo it before flashing a new build.

As for the wifi, try rebooting into recovery and wiping cache and under advance wiped dalvik cache. Reboot and test wifi. If you still have issues, you will have to do a complete wipe/format (backup apps first, but not system apps!).

Accidentally formatted my sd so i got a clean install now. Wifi works but widgets dont after reboot. Tried to recreate mount scripts but only got errors doing so

If your using link2sd, you have to recreate mount scripts, by going to settings/more select recreate mount scripts chose your ext. And reboot. Its because your Widgets are on your sdext, and the past couple months the iho roms haven't always been mounting sdext after a flash

Silence99

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Give a(nother) try to the latest Google Music app in the Market. It is bulkier and slower than the stock Music app but I had to move on. I don't even have the stock Music app on my phone anymore.

I am using winamp, and while it does work (pretty well, actually), much like the new Google Music, it's bulky and slow compared to the stock app. And it doesn't change the simple fact this is still an existing bug in all the IHO Roms. I know it seems like a minor bug, but, for me, it's incredibly annoying, the Optimus V is close to a perfect phone for me, but this bug and the sluggish Android browser hold it back greatly.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
How can I swap out the virgin mobile splash. I have the rle that leslieann posted before to change it, but I don't know how to get the images into /bootimages I can't copy and paste, icsnt use terminal emulator to delete the originals and replace with new ones, it wont let me. I have the replacement files (all named appropriately ) sitting on my sdcard, but need help replacing them.
Thanks;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza