[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
How can I swap out the virgin mobile splash. I have the rle that leslieann posted before to change it, but I don't know how to get the images into /bootimages I can't copy and paste, icsnt use terminal emulator to delete the originals and replace with new ones, it wont let me. I have the replacement files (all named appropriately ) sitting on my sdcard, but need help replacing them.
Thanks;)

The files go into the boot partition. It's not easy to repack a boot.img and if you screw it up, you'll need to use bootloader (fastboot) or recovery to get the phone operational. Actually, bootloader is the best way to test your boot.img to make sure it won't screw up the phone. :)

Anyway, let me know if you want instructions. I'm not going to put them into this thread because of the high risk of breaking things.

a5pe4

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Updated MiRaGe seems to work well on my phone, including the power off charging.

Although the large file bug in the stock Music app is still present (I don't think it's ever going away :( ), everything else is great.

Thanks for the hard work, everyone!

What's the large file bug?

wagonburner

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I also have a problem with my wifi not connecting or even scanning. it wont show any signals and wifi manger widget is no longer in my widget drawer; tried reinstalling widget but that didnt work. i wonder why it would bork my wifi and take my widget out of the drawer? this was after installing jan 3 backside.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
What wifi manager app?

Please uninstall the app, go into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache, then format boot, system, data, and recovery, then reflash the ROM. Do not reinstall the wifi manager app till you have tested wifi out.

wagonburner

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
atcually it is not the wifi antenna being broke all software but after a fresh install i redownloaded the app and it still didnt show up in my widget drawer.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The files go into the boot partition. It's not easy to repack a boot.img and if you screw it up, you'll need to use bootloader (fastboot) or recovery to get the phone operational. Actually, bootloader is the best way to test your boot.img to make sure it won't screw up the phone. :)

Anyway, let me know if you want instructions. I'm not going to put them into this thread because of the high risk of breaking things.

Thanks anyway, I got them deleted using a file explorer and I replaced them with what I wanted. So we'll see if it works when I reboot. ;)

Silence99

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
What's the large file bug?

Large audio files (Podcasts) do not keep time in the stock music app (and several other apps), so when you pause, they will not resume play, but restart from the beginning. Some apps, like Winamp, that use there own playback libraries work fine, but a lot of apps suffer from this problem.

In other news, I see Boost is getting the LG Marquee (AKA the Black), why has it been so long since Virgin has gotten a decent new phone? It seems like Sprint is much more interested in pushing Boost then they are Virgin. My guess is because Boost charges more for the same service.

bkwright87

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Large audio files (Podcasts) do not keep time in the stock music app (and several other apps), so when you pause, they will not resume play, but restart from the beginning. Some apps, like Winamp, that use there own playback libraries work fine, but a lot of apps suffer from this problem.

In other news, I see Boost is getting the LG Marquee (AKA the Black), why has it been so long since Virgin has gotten a decent new phone? It seems like Sprint is much more interested in pushing Boost then they are Virgin. My guess is because Boost charges more for the same service.

Boost mobile is owned by Sprint. Virgin Mobile is a separate company that uses Sprint's towers.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site

Actually this is really easy to do ..... if you've got ubuntu or linux of some form installed.

P.S not trying to sound like a d!*k ;)

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually this is really easy to do ..... if you've got ubuntu or linux of some form installed.

P.S not trying to sound like a d!*k ;)

Well I'm game because I tried replacing the images with a root explorer and they replaced fine in /bootimages, but upon reboot all the old rles magically reappeared although I made absolutely cerntain they were deleted and my replacements were there instead.
;)

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Please help, my phone thinks it's charging and it's not plugged in! I wiped battery stats in recovery and rebooted with it plugged in. Unplugged it and it still thinks it's charging. On latest backside.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
What causes that to happen? Do you know? Rebooted again, its proper now, I had 27% battery before, and after reboot it's now 4%. My battery stats must be hosed.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
What causes that to happen? Do you know? Rebooted again, its proper now, I had 27% battery before, and after reboot it's now 4%. My battery stats must be hosed.

Its because you reset battery stats at 27% that's why it thinks you only have 4%. Just make sure you fully charge it and reset battery stats again.

wagonburner

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
well after several wipes and fresh installs and smashing the phone into wall in a fitr of rage i got backside to search for wifi but but I can not get swype restore to reinstall my swype. Man it tears me down. any ideas? Im trying everything.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you wiped EVERYTHING.
Then download the Swype installer and let it download from there.

Do this before you reinstall any settings or apps.

You guys (especially those using Titanium), really don't grasp just how much of the settings from old roms you are carrying over and causing problems. A fully wiped, fresh install will not have these issues. I dumped Titanium because of this happening to me, it caused me lots of headaches. It doesn't clearly tell you what you are backing up or restoring.

My advice is never restore system settings.
Make a notecard if you have to, but never restore them unless it is to restore the EXACT same zip you just removed. Anything else is begging for problems.

And seriously, your contacts repopulate, and there isn't THAT many settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463