09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 187188189190191 ...
tools
    Doesn't it stand to reason that sms would also be affected by the lack of area code? Yet, i never had an issue with sms, only mms.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Well SMS is sent over the cellular network. It knows where you are based on the location of the phone and the tower, so it probably automatically assumes that you are sending to another person in the same area code. MMS, however, is sent over a combination of cellular network and 3G, so the toss in of 3G might, for lack of a beter term, "Confuse it".

That entire post was a big guess. I have no idea if that's right, so correct me if I'm wrong.
    JerryScript likes this.
    03-11-2012 07:44 PM
    Doesn't it stand to reason that sms would also be affected by the lack of area code? Yet, i never had an issue with sms, only mms.

You would think so, it seems logical. However, sms and mms are two completely different protocols, and are handled differently by both your phone and your carrier.
    kcls and meczynsj like this.
    03-11-2012 08:21 PM
    I downloaded the newest update and my phone keeps freezing. Any suggestions?
    03-12-2012 09:38 AM
    FIrst suggestion would be to give a bit more detail, when does it freeze, what apps make it freeze?

Second suggestion- turn off Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>DIsplay>>ICS rotation animations

Third suggestion- turn down your overclock setting

Fourth suggestion- run "fix_permissions" in terminal emulator

Fifth suggestion- post a logcat so we can see what is happening when your phone freezes.
    03-12-2012 09:42 AM
    another suggestion is to get your phone to a warmer area if it's that cold.

ps. sorry, i just can't help it sometimes.
    bornagainpenguin likes this.
    03-12-2012 09:51 AM
    Hey Jerry,)

Could you possibly in your next "Green Machine" theme update skin the alarm clock icon in green in the status bar please
    I'm OCD like that.
    Many thanks in advance
    03-12-2012 02:00 PM
    Hey Jerry,)

Could you possibly in your next "Green Machine" theme update skin the alarm clock icon in green in the status bar please
    I'm OCD like that.
    Many thanks in advance
    Or take greenMachine.zip, extract it, take settings.uot and make it yourself

03-12-2012 02:39 PM
    Every so often when I first start my phone, sometimes I get force closes, I even reverted back to a stock launcher to prevent a higher chance of force closes.
    Any reason behind this, I don't see much harm in it...
    It usually only FCs Facebook, Google Maps, or ADW EX.
    Anything I could do to fix this? Maybe a Zipalign script? or Fix Permissions?
    I recently have been working on a Injection for the Optimus V or rather a few scripts, and I have a feeling it fixed the problem... I haven't received any FC's since... I have a feeling its my Zipalign script that fixed it.
    Any ideas? Here is my Injection for the Optimus V if you want to pick it apart and see what fixes it, if anything
    - Amphetamines-01 - A few special injection scripts for the Optimus V
    03-12-2012 03:25 PM
    Every so often when I first start my phone, sometimes I get force closes, I even reverted back to a stock launcher to prevent a higher chance of force closes.
    Any reason behind this, I don't see much harm in it...
    It usually only FCs Facebook, Google Maps, or ADW EX.
    Anything I could do to fix this? Maybe a Zipalign script? or Fix Permissions?
    I recently have been working on a Injection for the Optimus V or rather a few scripts, and I have a feeling it fixed the problem... I haven't received any FC's since... I have a feeling its my Zipalign script that fixed it.
    Any ideas? Here is my Injection for the Optimus V if you want to pick it apart and see what fixes it, if anything
    - Amphetamines-01 - A few special injection scripts for the Optimus V
    Most often this is due to apps that are on your sdcard, and the sdcard hasn't fully loaded yet, so they are not available for intents they may be registered for with the system.

Other than that, running fix_permissions in terminal usually helps with FCs.
    Redbaron2005 likes this.
    03-12-2012 04:08 PM
    @redbaron I think Facebook fc's just because the app is just so massive and is not really a very good app. I think it force closes for everyone that uses it... just look at the comments on it in the market, so I'm pretty sure its the appsfault not the rom.
    Redbaron2005 likes this.
    03-12-2012 04:08 PM
    Thanks guys, I was wondering and it always pondered in my head for some reason.
    03-12-2012 05:17 PM
    Felt like posting this. The result of my playing with the iho repo. Enjoy

http://db.tt/kU2b4JqH

Launcher2, bobzhome v3.7 kernel. Rest is pure iho
    JerryScript and Badboytoast like this.
    03-13-2012 12:52 AM
    Felt like posting this. The result of my playing with the iho repo. Enjoy

http://db.tt/kU2b4JqH

Launcher2, bobzhome v3.7 kernel. Rest is pure iho
    Flashing before I leave the house.

03-13-2012 06:28 AM
    Should I root my phone before upgrading to gingerbread or wait to install gingerbread first?
    03-13-2012 07:02 AM
    Should I root my phone before upgrading to gingerbread or wait to install gingerbread first?
    Well... I'd love to see you do anything without rooting.

You cannot flash these ROMs without root, because... well it goes like this...

First You get ROOT >> then Flash a Recovery >> then Flash the ROM through Recovery.

As I'm sure you can see now, without ROOT access, you cannot do diddly.
    03-13-2012 07:54 AM
    Hey Don,

As Anthony wrote, you have to root first. But you know, this is so basic, your question indicates to me that you really should read, read, read a lot before attempting any of this.

Like, you don't replace the engine in your classic mustang if you don't even know how to pop the hood. Figuratively speaking, of course

Go to the sticky threads in this forum and spend at least a few days getting to understand the basics first. You'll be glad you did.
    03-13-2012 09:17 AM
    And every thing will go successfully!!!
    03-13-2012 11:48 AM
    New build of BACKside is up:

Download via the BacksideUpdater

or

BACKside-IHO-VM670-03132012.zip
    md5sum 9a5fa707bb2553e0bfb562b1e9ea6829

GreenMachineTheme-03132012.zip

Download DrewWalton's amazing touch screen recovery here!
    md5sum bda76ec1214f88eeb922d05fb18fa1e7

Changes:
    --Reverted fingerprint frameworks and pin landscape commits from CM - needs testing to see if this fixes reports of pin screen not functioning properly
    --Added an experimental Suspend mode to the power menu - this will put your phone in a semi-deep sleep state similar to airplane mode - no phone calls or messages - but you will still get your alarms - might be good for overnite power savings when no charger is available
    --Made the date in the status bar follow the clock color - been meaning to do this for a while now
    --Made the status bar system icons follow the general theme of being green when active/connected
    --Improved the functionality of the statusbar restart in settings
    --Added ability to use any file manager with all BACKside tweaks - status bar mods - BacksideUpdater - etc - no more requirement to use OI File manager exclusively
    edit-- forgot the bootanimation changer, it will be changed in the next build
    --Added option in BacksideUpdater to download previous versions back to the beginning of the year - once a different date is selected you can download - view changelog - check md5sum - then reboot to recovery to install
    --Added option in BacksideUpdater to install a recovery within the app - choose recovery file and it will install it - then reboot straight into the new recovery to test it - I highly recommend Drewwaltons touch recovery!

Note -- If the changelog doesn't show when you load an old version, swipe down in the black text box, it's because the last text showing was larger, will fix in next build.
    Thanks as always to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, tdm, LeslieAnn, drewwalton, whyzor, bigsupersquid, kermikalelite, the CM team, the AOSP team, and a whole lot more!

Edit: Forgot, I fixed the png transparency support in the notification dropdown chooser.
    03-13-2012 05:41 PM
    ^^
    Wow!
    JerryScript likes this.
    03-13-2012 06:42 PM
    Note, I used a color picker tool from gimp to select the colors for the new status bar icons from the wireless icon, but some turned out way too green. Will attmpt to fix in next build.
    03-13-2012 06:58 PM
    Note, I used a color picker tool from gimp to select the colors for the new status bar icons from the wireless icon, but some turned out way too green. Will attmpt to fix in next build.
    Agreed! They look almost yellowish-green. I personally preferred the default colors but it's no biggy!
    03-13-2012 08:24 PM
    Agreed! They look almost yellowish-green. I personally preferred the default colors but it's no biggy!
    Actually, my changes are too green, the default color for connected status is the yellowish-green color.
    03-13-2012 09:12 PM
    Green is such a horrible color

Sent from my cellular telephone using Tapatalk
    03-13-2012 09:26 PM
    Green is such a horrible color

Sent from my cellular telephone using Tapatalk
    YOUR SUCH A HORRIBLE COLOR! THAT'S MY FAVORITE COLOR YOU'RE TALKIN' 'BOUT THERE! TAKE IT BACK! TAKE IT BACK!
    03-13-2012 09:27 PM
    does anyone know how to change the default alarm sound?
    03-13-2012 10:44 PM
6,009 ... 187188189190191 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD