09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 194195196197198 ...
tools
    I have uploaded the 03242012 build of MiRaGe to the IHO Wiki.

The followings are the changes after syncing with the CM repo
    - Add option to enable/disable the ICS rotation animation (Cyanogenmod Settings -> Display)
    - Added a max SMS length option
    - Fix cursor repeatedly moving back to beginning of To field in messaging
    - Cherry-pick WebKit r100677 to fix a rendering crash (webkit)
    - Error handling in WebViewCore::contentDraw (webkit)
    - Error handling for Network Plugin API getContext (webkit)
    - ADW: add sortable apps list for catalog setup

Thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, gannon5197 and the CM team.
    03-24-2012 04:45 PM
    ^^
    Flashed the new MiRaGe 03/24 today; tested the usual suspects (camera, mms, etc) and been running it for a few hours. Everything works. Another solid build, mrg666.

Thanks a lot - and again - to you and the other IHO devs: blarf, Jerry, Bobz, LeslieAnn, etc, etc.
    mrg666 likes this.
    03-24-2012 09:22 PM
    Oddly enough I have flashed this twice (coming from the last version) with the same result. Phone boots, but several apps are missing and my Google account is not in place. Restored from cwm backup and tried again same result. Do I need to reflash gapps? Not all the missing apps were Google apps, by the way.

Restoring back to the last version now. I did NOT reload the .zip file but you'd think if it were corrupt it would be more spectacular that that ;-)
    03-24-2012 10:26 PM
    ^^
    I believe you need to flash gapps. When I update a ROM, I double-wipe boot, system, cache and dalvik, then flash the ROM and gapps. Only way to be sure - short of a full wipe and reinstalling apps.

Oh, and of course check MD5 after download.
    03-24-2012 10:41 PM
    Oddly enough I have flashed this twice (coming from the last version) with the same result. Phone boots, but several apps are missing and my Google account is not in place. Restored from cwm backup and tried again same result. Do I need to reflash gapps? Not all the missing apps were Google apps, by the way.

Restoring back to the last version now. I did NOT reload the .zip file but you'd think if it were corrupt it would be more spectacular that that ;-)
    I have the same problem, restored backup for now.
    03-24-2012 10:54 PM

if you flash Gapps with the old market app it takes Google awhile to catch up and change to play store sometimes an hour or so.
    i've been using a Gapps.zip with playstore already in it but can't figure out where i got it
    03-24-2012 11:45 PM
    Ill upload my gapps.zip when I get home. I updated all apps to the latest

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    norwoodsteel likes this.
    03-24-2012 11:47 PM
    My phone will not charge past 1%...any suggestions (running bobzhome 12-8)
    03-25-2012 02:01 AM
    My phone will not charge past 1%...any suggestions (running bobzhome 12-8)
    Boot into recovery and let it charge for a bit?

And update to latest build?

03-25-2012 12:01 PM
    if you flash Gapps with the old market app it takes Google awhile to catch up and change to play store sometimes an hour or so.
    i've been using a Gapps.zip with playstore already in it but can't figure out where i got it
    Well keep in mind that I'm not seeing it catch up and I never have had this on previous updates of the bobzhome ROM.

What's happening is I flash the ROM, clear the cache, etc. Then when I boot, several apps (not just Google apps) are missing and my Accounts do not show Google accounts even as an option. Now it may be that I just have to install google apps but that doesn't really explain the other missing apps and, like I say, I never had to do that before.

Hmm...
    03-25-2012 01:49 PM
    ^^
    Once again, I'm pretty sure you need to flash gapps after updating the ROM. Otherwise you'll lose Google account (unless it happens to be leftover in your cache).

Admittedly apps from other sources should still be there. Are you using link2sd?
    03-25-2012 04:10 PM
    If you flash a rom, then google apps. You are fine. If you update, you don't need to flash gapps again unless you do a full wipe.

03-25-2012 04:11 PM
    If you wipe boot, system, cache and dalvik (as I do) you DO need to flash gapps again. That's still not a full wipe since you leave data alone - so installed apps and data will all be there, but the Google account will not, unless you flash gapps.

Seriously, is takes only a few secs to flash it...
    03-25-2012 04:17 PM
    Oddly I have never had to do it before but doing the gapps flash did solve the problem. Not sure how that killed other items. Or maybe it was just a coincidence and something else happened.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    03-25-2012 10:01 PM
    Oddly I have never had to do it before but doing the gapps flash did solve the problem. Not sure how that killed other items. Or maybe it was just a coincidence and something else happened.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    Thank you for the update. Maybe in the past the Google account stuff was left in the cache when you updated the ROM, and that was enough to keep it going.

At least I can say I have very few problems, and I always wipe boot, system, cache and dalvik when I update, then flash gapps right after.
    03-25-2012 11:34 PM
    https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga..._thunderc/wiki

The GitHub Wiki appears to be down/404 ?? whatsup?
    03-26-2012 09:53 AM
    ^^
    There is a new address for it. It was posted here a few times. Last time, I think, about a week ago.

Edit: here is the updated link: https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...rc_common/wiki

Be great if the links in the OP could be updated. Do we need to get ahold of blarf for that or can mods do it?
    03-26-2012 10:49 AM
    Great ROM - one request though: can we have the phone identify whether the plugged in headset has a mic or not (i.e. 4-part vs 3-part plug) and enable the phone's mic if the headset doesn't have a mic (i.e. 3-part plug)?
    03-26-2012 02:43 PM
    Great ROM - one request though: can we have the phone identify whether the plugged in headset has a mic or not (i.e. 4-part vs 3-part plug) and enable the phone's mic if the headset doesn't have a mic (i.e. 3-part plug)?
    It's a known bug. The built in mic doesn't work with headphones plugged in yet.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-26-2012 05:22 PM
    hey y'all, somewhat of a noob here. i searched and couldn't find answers to these questions, so feel free to point me to the right place and delete this if i'm being a dummy. i'm running the following:

cyanogenmod-7.0.0-RC0-BACKside-IHO-KANG
    eng.jerryscript.20120206.150516
    Build GWK74

i've had many issues with a current screen freezing, often when the stock keyboard is open. i will push the power button, which turns off the display, but when i push it once more (i.e. there should be a lock screen), it is the same screen as when i turned off the display. nothing short of a battery pull will fix it, so i'm doing 10 battery pulls a day which is not sustainable, and this obviouisly makes it very difficult to receive calls. any tips? i've tried to update via the BacksideUpdater, but when I hit the download link the mediafire page is 404 dead.
    03-26-2012 06:50 PM
    @camleish... well this could be due to the ics rotation animations which can be turned off in the 2/19 and beyond builds in settings>>cyanogen settings>>display>>rotation animations. Or you could be overclocked too high. You might try dropping your max OC
    03-26-2012 07:01 PM
    i've had many issues with a current screen freezing, often when the stock keyboard is open. i will push the power button, which turns off the display, but when i push it once more (i.e. there should be a lock screen), it is the same screen as when i turned off the display. nothing short of a battery pull will fix it, so i'm doing 10 battery pulls a day which is not sustainable, and this obviouisly makes it very difficult to receive calls. any tips? i've tried to update via the BacksideUpdater, but when I hit the download link the mediafire page is 404 dead.
    1) If by screen freeze you mean that the phone freezes and locks up (not responding to any buttons), I suggest you wipe cache and dalvik (in recovery) and see if that helps. If not, try and flash the latest Backside, wiping boot, system, cache and dalvik before flashing. Give it 10 mins to boot first time before touching anything.

2) Anthony already mentioned the ICS rotation issue which can also cause freezing. Again the latest Backside can disable ICS rotation animation.

3) From your description, it sounded as if your screen doesn't actually freeze, but that you cannot get the screen to lock (ie go to lockscreen) when you push the power button. In that case, check CM Settings> Lockscreen> Delay and timeout> Screen turned off delay. If you set this to Immediately, it will lock the screen right away when you push the power button. Otherwise it will delay that lock as specified.

Hope some of this helps.
    03-26-2012 07:17 PM
    thanks a bunch for the help, guys. i set my clock governor settings to what's been previously recommended in this thread, re-flashed backside (after clearing dalvik/cache), and have mucked around with the rotation animations. so far so good, you know it's a great community when great answers come this quickly...
    mysticalnyte likes this.
    03-26-2012 10:18 PM
    ^^
    Cool, thanks for reporting back.

As far as overclock goes, there is no such a thing as recommended settings, since every phone is different. The only truly safe setting is the stock Max of 600MHz, although many phones can do more. Min of 480 is often recommended and makes sense in many cases (though often also misunderstood).
    03-26-2012 10:40 PM
    ^^
    Cool, thanks for reporting back.

As far as overclock goes, there is no such a thing as recommended settings, since every phone is different. The only truly safe setting is the stock Max of 600MHz, although many phones can do more. Min of 480 is often recommended and makes sense in many cases (though often also misunderstood).
    I'm pretty sure that OC settings have been recommended in several different threads, so there's definitely consistent recommendations, they're just rather broad.

Most recommend 480 as a min, though this will vary based on your personal minimum requirements. The max is generally recommended to be set a little below max stable. This will require a little testing on your part. Find out what seems to work for you with minimal FCs, and then set it a step or two below that.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-26-2012 11:29 PM
6,009 ... 194195196197198 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD