09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 197198199200201 ...
tools
    ^^
    That was my reaction too. I was very impressed with the quattrimus alpha and the work of tdm and gannon and the other devs. But I really didn't like ICS, particularly on the small OV screen.
    I originally didn't like it, but I got used to it and truthfully it is much more polished than the former OS's. There was a ton of thought put in to make it more eye candy-ish. I hated it at first but now I love it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    notown and Dannemand like this.
    03-30-2012 04:33 PM
    Thanks Anthony,

I could definitely see it looked more polished. My main gripe was how it takes more scrolling and tapping to get work done because ICS really is designed for larger (or higher res) screens. I'll probably check it out again some time - definitely when I get a new phone sometime.
    03-30-2012 05:40 PM
    I know I've posted this in the xda forums already, but if you answer a call waiting call it hangs up on both parties after about 10 seconds.
    I'm on Jerry's latest.
    notown and JerryScript like this.
    03-30-2012 10:29 PM
    I am having a repeated issue with the latest Backside IHO. The phone keeps freezing and not accepting any touchscreen input. I can touch the hard buttons and the screen will turn on but that's it. Only fix is pulling the battery. Its happening on 2 different phones. Any ideas?
    03-31-2012 06:38 PM
    I am having a repeated issue with the latest Backside IHO. The phone keeps freezing and not accepting any touchscreen input. I can touch the hard buttons and the screen will turn on but that's it. Only fix is pulling the battery. Its happening on 2 different phones. Any ideas?
    Its probably the ics animations. Try disabling them in settings>>cyanogen settings>>display>>ics rotation animations

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    JerryScript likes this.
    03-31-2012 07:19 PM
    That's happened to me also. Every time I install an app it happens. I found that if I pull battery then boot into recovery and wipe both caches it solves it till I install another app.

03-31-2012 09:11 PM
    I've done every possible thing and still get that to not happen, only solution i have is to swipe the invisible lock and hope when i turn the phone the way its locked then turn it back it isn't frozen.

Sent from your moms phone.
    03-31-2012 09:46 PM
    And I've tried everything I can to reproduce the bug, and since the 0313 build, I have not been able to reproduce a screen freeze. Frustrating not to be able to figure out what's happening to you guys.

Please post extreme details about what settings you have for lockscreen and animations (both ICS rotation animations and others).

Please post a logcat (you can do a logcat even with the screen frozen). Copy and paste it to pastebin.com and then post the pastebin URL here.
    04-01-2012 12:52 AM
    I got one 3 days ago for $30 on Ebay. Perfectly working, clean esn, just some scuffs on the sides and top. Screen is perfect. It's my new toy. I got it just to test new roms so I could run ICS and not worry about missing features.
    nice score!... ebays awesome... :-)
    04-01-2012 01:00 AM
    New backside build up. I just wanted to beat Jerry to it.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
    04-01-2012 08:37 AM
    To bad he has to edit the original post on like 3+ Forums. :P
    04-01-2012 10:20 AM
    I don't know about everyone else but I always go to this thread first and foremost , but is understandable that he'd have to update 3 different threads.
    There is always the icon link in your apps list
    bornagainpenguin likes this.
    04-01-2012 12:33 PM
    I just remembered him saying he was going to put out an update on fools day. I checked the updater when i woke up.

I had to restore from backup though. Stupid link2sd only pulled in half my apps.
    04-01-2012 04:01 PM
    Do you guys use this with the greenmachine theme or without? I'm waiting for Jerry to post the link for the theme.
    04-01-2012 04:36 PM
    God did the new build scare me. Thanks for that Jerry.

Tapatalkin' it from my IHO CM7.2'd MIUI Themed Optimus V
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-01-2012 07:53 PM
    God did the new build scare me. Thanks for that Jerry.

Tapatalkin' it from my IHO CM7.2'd MIUI Themed Optimus V
    Yeah, did worry me for a minute, but I remembered what day it was...
    The new build seems really good, been working very well so far. GPS seems better than under Quattrimus, and of course it is nice to have the full camera functions. I am including two photos I just took, one using HDR Camera and one using Camera ICS. Both seem pretty nice.
    JerryScript and glarepate like this.
    04-01-2012 08:08 PM
    Do you guys use this with the greenmachine theme or without? I'm waiting for Jerry to post the link for the theme.
    I'll have the new GreenMachineTheme up in a couple of hours, along with the forum posts describing this update. You of course can view the changelog in the BacksideUpdater if you can't wait.

I just couldn't resist watching everyone sweat for a bit of April Fools fun.

Note- there were at least 350 brave souls who downloaded and installed the update before this post!
    04-01-2012 08:54 PM
    darn had boot animation turned off
    olmos.lalo likes this.
    04-01-2012 09:42 PM
    New build of BACKside is up:

Download via the BacksideUpdater

or

BACKside-IHO-VM670-04012012.zip
    md5sum ea8f3024af8061d450ac478750cd53b5

GreenMachineTheme-04012012.zip

Changes:
    -Synced with CM
    -- fix for swiping actions that get stuck on corners
    -- fixes for pattern lockscreen showing battery status and pin request even if lockscreen is disabled
    -- option to disable ICS rotation animations are now a part of CM

-Fixed bootanimation chooser to work with most file managers
    -Tweaked system icon colors to better match connected status colors
    -Added options to hide alarm clock and signal bars in system icons
    -Added easter eggs to thank LeslieAnn for the use of her build server and jcase for his work rooting the security update
    -Special April Fools bootanimation, overrides all other bootanimations

Note - to restore your normal bootanimation functionality, use a root file manager and delete:
    /system/media/AprilFools.zip

Thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, LeslieAnn, tdm, gannon, Whyzor, bigsupersquid, drewwalton, the CM and AOSP teams, and everyone that contributes to this community!
    04-01-2012 11:26 PM
    land of the free... home of the brave... :-)
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-02-2012 12:31 AM

useless but i barely managed to get a ss
    04-02-2012 02:45 AM
    BTW- I did add another feature to BACKside-IHO, double tap home key to launch an app/activity. I didn't put info about it in the changelog because it's doesn't work very well. I have to rapidly press my home key to get it to work, more than two times. Please let me know if it works for you, it could just be my home key is getting worn out.

Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>Input>>Double tap home behaviour
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    04-02-2012 08:21 AM
    You know, I haven't used BACKside in months, not for any particular reason, just been trying out some other stuff. Now I've got to flash it, just to check out the new easter eggs. Thanks for all your work JerryScript!

JerryScript likes this.
    04-02-2012 09:24 AM
    BTW- I did add another feature to BACKside-IHO, double tap home key to launch an app/activity. I didn't put info about it in the changelog because it's doesn't work very well. I have to rapidly press my home key to get it to work, more than two times. Please let me know if it works for you, it could just be my home key is getting worn out.

Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>Input>>Double tap home behaviour
    What are Easter eggs that you are talking about

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-02-2012 09:26 AM
    Is there any way to do a complete wipe except for the ext partition and be able to relink all the apps in the ext partition? Sort of as a way to never lose my apps.

04-02-2012 09:32 AM
6,009 ... 197198199200201 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD