[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
How come devs that make build for our phones can't be the ones making the next android OS. They make stock android feel like a prison (iOS)

anzala

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks much for your quick response... I was wondering if you could add prl to the sprint networks for the optimistic v for better service and data connection

anzala

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
The future of BACKside on the OV is open to suggestions at all times. I'm currently working on finally getting all the stock functionality working (headset w/o mic, voice button, etc). I'm also adding built in theme options, ie status bar background, dropdown background, status bar clock, etc. Since the notification dropdown is such an important and visually overwhelming part of the gui, I plan on adding more customization features to it. I would also like to extend the theme options to other parts of the gui, similar to how the overscroll glow color has been extended to all gui elements (even apps outside the system). Suggestions are always welcome!

I haven't tried a wall charger yet, I use a stand-alone charger I bought with spare batteries. I do know there are hooks to determine if it's a wall charger or a USB charger, and Blarf originally set the kernel up to draw power differently from each, not sure how Bob's kernel does it, but I'm pretty sure it's based on Blarf's original setup for charging. Are you using the stock charging cable? There have been reports of issues with charging that ended up being the result of using a non-stock charging cable, so that may be an issue as well.

There are several options available on the market, including standard zip applications, zip signers for signing apk packages, and several of the root capable file managers have zip capabilities as well. You can also use

Thanks much for your quick response... I was wondering if you could add prl to the sprint networks for the optimistic v for better service and data connection ButtonRemapper (I think you have to get it on xda) to remap the keys via an app. ;)

markusf21

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
There are several options available on the market, including standard zip applications, zip signers for signing apk packages, and several of the root capable file managers have zip capabilities as well. You can also use ButtonRemapper (I think you have to get it on xda) to remap the keys via an app. ;)
Thank you for the quick response but, either you didn't understand my question or I didn't understand your answer. I used button remapper a while back to set things up. I have a custom thunder_keypad.kl file as a result. I set it up so that the power button is the only button to wake my phone. Whenever I flash a ROM I use winrar on my PC to delete the included thunder_keypad.kl and replace it with mine. That way I get the buttons how I like them without having to remap. Much faster in my opinion. I was wondering if there is a way to do this on my phone. I have tried using root explorer to swap the files after a flash but it doesn't stick. I have found that my battery lasts longer this way since the power button is very hard to accidentally press in my pocket and this also has eliminated pocket dialing.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
How come devs that make build for our phones can't be the ones making the next android OS. They make stock android feel like a prison (iOS)

Google takes things from various custom roms and implements them in new versions. Cyanogen IIRC was hired by t-mobile to work on t-mobiles android overlay. It happens.

I honestly dont think iOS is that horrible. Think of it like this. I picked up my older brothers iPhone did what I had to do and had no issues. I see daily a couple dj's that have to deal with problems with their android apps not working on certain phones. However iPhones users hardly ever complain. Why? Because the devs dont have to try to build a app that will work on 30 different variations of iOS.

For my phone to work like my brothers iPhone I have had to root and install a custom rom. And that is no joke.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Google takes things from various custom roms and implements them in new versions. Cyanogen IIRC was hired by t-mobile to work on t-mobiles android overlay. It happens.

I honestly dont think iOS is that horrible. Think of it like this. I picked up my older brothers iPhone did what I had to do and had no issues. I see daily a couple dj's that have to deal with problems with their android apps not working on certain phones. However iPhones users hardly ever complain. Why? Because the devs dont have to try to build a app that will work on 30 different variations of iOS.

For my phone to work like my brothers iPhone I have had to root and install a custom rom. And that is no joke.

Thats cool, I did not know that, you learn something new everyday;)

I agree with you there. iOS is really polished and true no one complains, but I like the customization of android (like you do to I expect). I also like to take things apart (both machines and software) and android lets me do that (with rooting), but like you said fragmentation is a problem.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
The way ccache works, you have to set it up, build once, then the next build you do make clean first. Once make clean clears out the out directories, the next build uses ccache for all the c compiled binaries, rather than having to recompile them all again. Speeds up my builds by about 40%, I use -50G. ;)

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
The way ccache works, you have to set it up, build once, then the next build you do make clean first. Once make clean clears out the out directories, the next build uses ccache for all the c compiled binaries, rather than having to recompile them all again. Speeds up my builds by about 40%, I use -50G. ;)

Thanks I been getting builds done in about an hour. This should hopefully help

edit: took forty minutes this time

Last edited:

anzala

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks much for your quick response... I was wondering if you could add prl to the sprint networks for the optimistic v for better service and data connection