09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 198199200201202 ...
tools
    Is there any way to do a complete wipe except for the ext partition and be able to relink all the apps in the ext partition? Sort of as a way to never lose my apps.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    I've always symlinked /data/app -> /sd-ext/app on IHO. That way, the apps are actually stored on the sd-ext partition. But this has two drawbacks: (1) since there's no support for this in IHO, you'll need to redo it every time you wipe /data, and (2) it won't boot properly without an sdcard.

A better way is to have support for mounting /sd-ext/app over top of /data/app in the system init scripts. I'll be doing this in quattrimus starting with alpha8.
    glarepate and JerryScript like this.
    04-02-2012 10:43 AM
    Thanks, I'll been looking forward to that feature in quattrimus. Also, did you use an app to symlink the two partitions?

One more thing, did you use gparted to partition your SD card? Whenever I use gparted I dont have the permissions to write files from my PC. I have also notice that after a couple of days link2sd begins giving me errors about my partition being read only. A reboot fixes those though. Should I take ownership of the sd-ext from my PC or not?
    04-02-2012 10:48 AM
    Thanks, I'll been looking forward to that feature in quattrimus. Also, did you use an app to symlink the two partitions?

One more thing, did you use gparted to partition your SD card? Whenever I use gparted I dont have the permissions to write files from my PC. I have also notice that after a couple of days link2sd begins giving me errors about my partition being read only. A reboot fixes those though. Should I take ownership of the sd-ext from my PC or not?
    I did it with my recovery from inside the phone.
    04-02-2012 11:02 AM
    I did it with my recovery from inside the phone.
    Does the recovery create an ext4 partition?
    04-02-2012 11:04 AM

I have been getting those errors for ever. I officially blame my cheap SD card. I gave and just deal with it now. When I format and repartition it works for a while but the errors eventually come back. Its a little annoying, but I'm a cheapskate (hence the ov on virgin mobile)

04-02-2012 11:15 AM
    You know, I haven't used BACKside in months, not for any particular reason, just been trying out some other stuff. Now I've got to flash it, just to check out the new easter eggs. Thanks for all your work JerryScript!

I've been stuck on MIUI GB since it was released

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-02-2012 11:16 AM
    Does the recovery create an ext4 partition?
    It depends on the recovery. Ihorecovery does ext3. I use partition mini tool to do ext4 with windows

04-02-2012 11:18 AM
    Installed the new ROM and greenmachine theme on my phone. Saw something strange after rebooting. The android with the flashing strobe came up as usual. After a little time the screen went all snowy (like on the old analog televisions when the TV signal was bad). I thought something was wrong and was about to pull the battery when my lockscreen showed up. Not sure if it was something I did, or something in the ROM, but it cleared up by itself. Just a heads-up if anyone encounters the same thing. Thanks Jerry and all who do such a great job
    04-02-2012 11:39 AM
    Its a April fools bootanimation. :P

I know a good prank bootanimation.
    Its clockworkmod formatting all your partitions and SD card

elisa9047 likes this.
    04-02-2012 11:46 AM
    No I used the shell to symlink and i partitioned using fdisk on a Linux laptop. I'm a command line type.
    04-02-2012 11:54 AM

This was done lastyear on another phone. Talk about butthurt people posting before the phone was completely loaded. The dev tweaked the boot time to take about two minutes longer than normal. The thread on xda was over 200 pages when it was deleted by request of the dev. That was within 2 hours of him posting. Best April Fools joke ever.
    clodfelterac and JerryScript like this.
    04-02-2012 02:15 PM
    What are Easter eggs that you are talking about

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    Easter Eggs are supposed to be hunted for

Rapidly tap on the various items in Settings>>About Phone, just a small way of saying thanks to those who helped make IHO.
    04-02-2012 02:23 PM
    This was done lastyear on another phone. Talk about butthurt people posting before the phone was completely loaded. The dev tweaked the boot time to take about two minutes longer than normal. The thread on xda was over 200 pages when it was deleted by request of the dev. That was within 2 hours of him posting. Best April Fools joke ever.
    That's insane xD! 2 minutes?!

04-02-2012 02:48 PM
    Love the Easter eggs and the boot animation made me sweat for a min lol luckily I remembered what day it was and just waited

JerryScript likes this.
    04-02-2012 03:58 PM
    The double tap home works sometimes perfect with 2 hits of the button and sometimes like 15 lol. Nice though. Maybe there is a way you can edit how fast you have to hit the buttons to adjust it.

Sent from your mom's phone.
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-02-2012 05:05 PM
    Alright. Reporting back after flashing. I like what you've been up to JerryScript! There's a lot of new little tweaks since the last time I tried Backside.

Like the easter eggs! How long has the brotherswing one been there?

JerryScript likes this.
    04-02-2012 05:27 PM
    I have been getting those errors for ever. I officially blame my cheap SD card. I gave and just deal with it now. When I format and repartition it works for a while but the errors eventually come back. Its a little annoying, but I'm a cheapskate (hence the ov on virgin mobile)

It probably is my sd card. I only have a class 4 4GB sandisk. I've been thinking about getting this: Amazon.com: AmazonBasics 16 GB microSDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card with SD Adapter: Electronics
    04-02-2012 05:39 PM
    Brotherswing's was added pretty soon after the little one was born, a thanks for helping me test some things out.
    04-02-2012 06:01 PM
    The double tap home works sometimes perfect with 2 hits of the button and sometimes like 15 lol. Nice though. Maybe there is a way you can edit how fast you have to hit the buttons to adjust it.

Sent from your mom's phone.
    Definitely needs some adjusting, thanks for testing!
    04-02-2012 06:01 PM
    Brotherswing's was added pretty soon after the little one was born, a thanks for helping me test some things out.
    Ok its driving me nuts. What the heck is brotherswings?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-02-2012 06:46 PM
    He's a forum member, and a helpful tester.
    Dave Begue likes this.
    04-02-2012 07:08 PM
    Jerry, you really got me with the boot animation. Ha. Especially since the installation failed the first time I flashed.
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-02-2012 08:45 PM

04-02-2012 09:04 PM
    No.That would be a bad joke :(
    bornagainpenguin likes this.
    04-02-2012 09:06 PM
    here is what I've accomplished tonight:

http://www.mediafire.com/?n7epmpctogoxpf7

- recent sync with iho (within a day or two)
    - fm.apk removed
    - bobzhome v3.7 kernel
    - and the big feature, magpie apps2sd-ext! in the manage apps menu where the move to sdcard buton is, there is now also a move to sd-ext button! enjoy

(note: it is currently 1:30 in the morning, i started working on this around 18:30. there are quite possibly bugs)

04-03-2012 12:03 AM
6,009 ... 198199200201202 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD