09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 201202203204205 ...
tools
    I believe this is an IHO issue, but I cannot to save my life get my incoming text messages to display the 'recieved' date instead of the 'sent' date. The stock rom showed my sent time and the recieved time I got people's messages. So far I can't get messages to read recieved at all. There is a setting under the stock sms app that you can check to get them to say 'sent instead of receieved time', but even when it's unchecked by default it doesnt work either way. Anyone have a fix for this or can anyone verify this as an issue? I'm on Bobz's latest ROM, but I've seen it with Backside and Harmonia 2 also.
    04-06-2012 10:16 PM
    ^^
    That setting is also there in IHO under Messaging-Settings. But as you say, it's unchecked by default - and it still always displays Sent time.
    04-06-2012 11:31 PM
    Anyone else having problems with the bootloader image? It just displays the aprilfools.zip (which is stupid), tired changing it and nothing happens.
    04-07-2012 12:09 AM
    Anyone else having problems with the bootloader image? It just displays the aprilfools.zip (which is stupid), tired changing it and nothing happens.
    You missed the note when I posted the update for 0401, you have to manually delete
    /system/media/AprilFools.zip
    04-07-2012 12:12 AM
    thanks for the reply jerryscripts, I was able to remove it using a root file explorer. The main thing I'm having issues with is actually changing/removing the "backside iho" loader. Where is that loader stored?

Thanks in advanced and for your hard work!
    04-07-2012 01:00 AM
    I liked it Jerry. It reminded me of back in the day adjusting the bunnyears/coat hanger tv antenna on my tv in my bedroom so I can watch arsenio hall past my bed time

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    clodfelterac likes this.
    04-07-2012 01:03 AM
    I liked it Jerry. It reminded me of back in the day adjusting the bunnyears/coat hanger tv antenna on my tv in my bedroom so I can watch arsenio hall past my bed time

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    My phone would freeze on the loader (for about 45seconds) and it just got annoying :P (I restarted my phone 10 times in a row, after installing update, installing apps and doing a clean backup).
    04-07-2012 01:12 AM
    thanks for the reply jerryscripts, I was able to remove it using a root file explorer. The main thing I'm having issues with is actually changing/removing the "backside iho" loader. Where is that loader stored?

Thanks in advanced and for your hard work!
    That is built into the boot.img file. You can change it, but it's not easy!

1- unpack the boot.img (google split_bootimg.pl)
    2- create your own animation from a series of png files, and swap them out of the split up initrd.img/bootimages file
    note- you'll need to be running a relatively new version of an IHO ROM to use pngs.
    For other ROMs, you'll need to convert the PNG files to RLE, there's a thread in this forum on how to do it

3- repack the boot.img (you'll need mkbootfs and mkbootimg, google is your friend)
    4- create an update zip file to flash it, or swap it out with the ROM's boot.img and turn off signature verification
    5- flash it to your phone in recovery, formatting the boot partition first
    6- reboot and enjoy your personally customized boot (was it really worth all that effort? )

Sorry to hear you thought my April Fools joke was "stupid", glad some others here have a sense of humor similar to mine.
    04-07-2012 01:18 AM
    Jerry, I didn't mean it that way. I was just having flashing problems and that bootloader freaked me out a bit. Thanks for the directions, seriously appreciate the hard work!
    04-07-2012 01:25 AM
    Don't worry, I was just having some fun at your expense.
    04-07-2012 01:28 AM
    got bored so i made some themes... i used the frameworkres/systemui apks from jerrys 04-01-2012 as this is what i run... enjoy... :-)

(clear cache/delvik>flash theme>reboot)
    -bump- :-)
    04-07-2012 04:04 AM
    Hey Jerry, I think I may have found a bug in your latest build. If I use the suspend feature it reverts the keyboard from Swype beta back to Android.
    04-07-2012 07:48 AM
    Hey Jerry, I think I may have found a bug in your latest build. If I use the suspend feature it reverts the keyboard from Swype beta back to Android.
    Hey snake, I wonder, did you ever salvage your radio-bricked OV? And if not, would you consider donating it to tdm? He wants to try and unlock the mysterious of the radio partition, but he needs a phone to test it. Sorry to be pushing this, it's not my phone or my decision, I know :o
    04-07-2012 09:12 AM
    Do you have the Swype keyboard installed on your sdcard?
    04-07-2012 09:17 AM
    Look at how many pages are in this thread? Do you really want to post a rom in here?
    Yes, this thread makes for a single place to get help with all IHO roms,, but at the same time their diversity has been problematic at times.

Do you really expect people to read from page 1? This thread becomes less and less relevant as time goes on because people are less and less likely to look for answers here. It's much harder to tell people what your rom involves, simple answers to problems, and let them know you updated when buried on page 523, the 5th post down in a thread, otherwise known as post #5321 or whatever.

If someone wants to know the status of Harmonia 2, they find the thread and page 1 has all they need. In this thread, how many would bother looking back through 30+ pages looking for the post or any helpful tips?
    I agree. I will start a new thread with my next update for convenience. I can't easily find my own posts and it is frequently difficult to match the comments with their intended build. It will be much easier for me and not-so-many MiRaGe users.

Edit: Is that okay with the users if I only start that thread at XDA? The forum is too busy here.
    04-07-2012 10:41 AM
    I agree. I will start a new thread with my next update for convenience. I can't easily find my own posts and it is frequently difficult to match the comments with their intended build. It will be much easier for me and not-so-many MiRaGe users.
    It would help us to find your newest builds. I have been using your ROM from the very first one and enjoy them immensely. I have never had any issues with any of your builds and will continue to use them exclusively.
    mrg666 likes this.
    04-07-2012 12:07 PM
    I'm using this and it's awesome! I like it the best of all iho roms! 7.2 iho mirage 4/3/2012

tappin',talkin' from my ov
    mrg666 likes this.
    04-07-2012 12:40 PM
    This means I well have to stop being s lurker over at XDA
    mrg666 likes this.
    04-07-2012 01:52 PM
    Do you have the Swype keyboard installed on your sdcard?
    No, it is installed on the phone.
    04-07-2012 02:36 PM
    it's actually been a while since I've tried but on older builds I could listen to the regular music app, Pandora, and at bat 11. Haven't tried the new Google play music app with it.
    I now only use it for calls
    Thanks for the reply!
    04-07-2012 03:07 PM
    My friend has an Optimus V from Virgin Mobile. Will the Backside IHO work for his phone and keep it working with VM as well?
    04-07-2012 04:16 PM
    My friend has an Optimus V from Virgin Mobile. Will the Backside IHO work for his phone and keep it working with VM as well?
    Yup, just as long as the phone is already activated with VM,
    04-07-2012 04:30 PM
    Please read the reference / getting started guide forum(s) ))
    04-07-2012 08:31 PM
    is there any way to get speech to text to work, namely in google translate? with a froyo rom, i used to be able to speak english into google translate and then have it output the spanish translations, but now there's no mic present to allow for speech to text.

i tried going to settings > voice input & output settings > text-to-speech settings, but the "install voice data" option is grayed out.

has this function been disabled in cyanogen? any way to get it working?

edit: just had to install the google voice search app and reboot. thanks for the help, guys!
    04-08-2012 12:29 AM
    is there any way to get speech to text to work, namely in google translate? with a froyo rom, i used to be able to speak english into google translate and then have it output the spanish translations, but now there's no mic present to allow for speech to text.

i tried going to settings > voice input & output settings > text-to-speech settings, but the "install voide data" option is grayed out.

has this function been disabled in cyanogen? any way to get it working?
    No, it's just a matter of installing ,or reinstalling the google voice app from the play market
    chuang4u and JerryScript like this.
    04-08-2012 12:33 AM
6,009 ... 201202203204205 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD