09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 203204205206207 ...
tools
    Hey Jerry, just a heads up, I updated to your latest build and putting my phone into suspend still reverts the keyboard from Swype back to Android.
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-10-2012 01:19 PM
    I'm not much of a videophile, but I imagine it has something to do with one of the following:

Codecs: Try one of the players with a reputation for supporting the most codecs

Meta-data: No matter what the file name, most video players work off the meta-data contained in the audio/video file, and choose the codec based on that info. Perhaps that youtube converter doesn't set meta-data the right way. I use Freedi youtube downloader, and have no problems with playback.
    This video was recorded on another phone, and given to me. It is a MPEG-4 encoded file in a mp4 container. I tried the MX player and installed the ARMv6 codec pack. It should work. I can't find any other codecs.

I guess I will try to re-encode it with handbrake... maybe lower the resolution.

Edit1: I have a feeling hardware acceleration may not be working in the kernel... but can't be sure. I found this xda thread: [Q] [QUESTION] Hardware video accel on miks CM and stock GB - xda-developers

In the BACKside ROM, the /system/build.prop file has:
    debug.sf.hw=1
    but I do not see:
    video.accelerate.hw=1

Edit2: Ok, I re-encoded my video using handbrake, and choose the "Android Mid" preset. Changed the Picture->Anamorphic to Loose, and set the Width to 720. The resulting encode played with HW decoding, and looked great.
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-10-2012 05:00 PM
    Glad to hear you got it figured out. 720 is almost twice the resolution of the phone, so being able to play that is a good sign things are working as they should. (but once again, I'm not a videophile, so I don't really know)
    04-10-2012 11:46 PM
    Good update on backside jerry, really like press screen for radio version

Tappatalkin' from My V
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-11-2012 05:32 AM
    I just flashed mrg666's newest build and I'm experiencing an issue with the home key not working. It turns the screen on but does nothing else. It's not a hardware issue since I can boot into recovery in a powered off state. Think I need to search for the correct mappings maybe?

*Edit*

I have done the radio update and I'm trying to see if the same issue peruses on my backup. I had tried flashing his radio update version but it bootlooped.

*Edit 2*

Issue did not occur on the backup I made before the radio update.
    glarepate likes this.
    04-11-2012 04:17 PM
    I just flashed mrg666's newest build and I'm experiencing an issue with the home key not working. It turns the screen on but does nothing else. It's not a hardware issue since I can boot into recovery in a powered off state. Think I need to search for the correct mappings maybe?

*Edit*

I have done the radio update and I'm trying to see if the same issue peruses on my backup. I had tried flashing his radio update version but it bootlooped.

*Edit 2*

There are many more users with problems after flashing the VM update. I have three phones here. All of them went through the VM update and now running the latest MiRaGe. I don't have any problems with them. Home button problem is not related to the ROM. I think the problems are due to improper flashing of the update or ROM. I would wipe clean and reflash.
    04-11-2012 05:51 PM
    There are many more users with problems after flashing the VM update. I have three phones here. All of them went through the VM update and now running the latest MiRaGe. I don't have any problems with them. Home button problem is not related to the ROM. I think the problems are due to improper flashing of the update or ROM. I would wipe clean and reflash.
    I tried a few times, must have been a bad download. I'll have to try again.
    04-11-2012 08:23 PM
    I'm currently running 4-01 BACKside build and I've been having some weird issues with WiFi. I recently got another phone so I've decided to maiinly use my OV as a downloader. If I sit it on my window sill, I can pick up my neighbor's open network and use tTorrent to DL movies.

Here's what's been happening: Generally my wifi reception is very spotty and after leave it sitting with wifi on and a torrent app running, I'll go pick the phone up to check the progress of my downloads only to find the phone shut off and completely unresponsive. I can't get it to do anything without pulling the battery first. This generally happens after wifi has been running for less than an hour. If I restore back to my stock-ish Froyo backup, I get MUCH better wifi reception and no system crashes.

Up until the past week or so I've very rarely used wifi and even then it was for very short periods. I don't know if this is a pre-existing ROM issue or possibly some odd side effect of installing the VM update. I do extremely thorough wipes before any flashes/restores so I'm fairly sure it's not a bad flash going on. I love me some BACKside IHO, but as it stands, I'm stuck with Froyo on my phone to get the functionality I need. Anyone have any ideas or similar experiences? I've kinda gotten the s of flashing all the alphas, betas, variants and updates out there so I'm hoping to fix this issue so I can stick with BACKside...at least until Quattrimus is fully functional.
    04-12-2012 01:17 AM
    What type of router are you using (please don't say Belkin)? Try resetting it. 70% of wifi issues with IHO builds have been traced to router issues or interference from neighbour's routers.
    04-12-2012 02:48 AM
    It's actually my neighbor's router that the phone is connecting to, as I don't have my own internet service. All I know is that the router is a Linksys and the ISP is Comcast. We're not exactly on friendly terms so I can't go over and ask him to reset it. I can generally pick up 3-5 networks close to my house, one of which is a Belkin, but the neighbor's Linksys is the only unsecured one that I can connect to.

Reception issues aside, I guess I'm more disturbed by the phone crashing, powering down and going unresponsive. Have you heard of wifi causing this behavior before?
    04-12-2012 04:35 AM
    It's actually my neighbor's router that the phone is connecting to, as I don't have my own internet service. All I know is that the router is a Linksys and the ISP is Comcast. We're not exactly on friendly terms so I can't go over and ask him to reset it. I can generally pick up 3-5 networks close to my house, one of which is a Belkin, but the neighbor's Linksys is the only unsecured one that I can connect to.

Reception issues aside, I guess I'm more disturbed by the phone crashing, powering down and going unresponsive. Have you heard of wifi causing this behavior before?
    I'm no expert but maybe it's karma for swiping bandwidth?
    a5pe4, Dannemand, Eollie and 1 others like this.
    04-12-2012 09:00 AM
    Any idea why I would have two swypes showing up in my running apps screen?
    04-12-2012 09:01 AM

*Edit*

*Edit 2*

I tried a few times, must have been a bad download. I'll have to try again.
    I pin pointed my problem with the home key breaking. The issue arises when implementing the ad2sdx script. Swtiched back to data2ext and its working fine. I think ad2sdx is a wee bit less stable then data2ext.
    glarepate likes this.
    04-12-2012 09:39 AM
    Any idea why I would have two swypes showing up in my running apps screen?
    One is the ConnectCliet, and the other is the main Input.
    Dave Begue likes this.
    04-12-2012 10:21 AM
    I'm currently running 4-01 BACKside build and I've been having some weird issues with WiFi. I recently got another phone so I've decided to maiinly use my OV as a downloader. If I sit it on my window sill, I can pick up my neighbor's open network and use tTorrent to DL movies.

Here's what's been happening: Generally my wifi reception is very spotty and after leave it sitting with wifi on and a torrent app running, I'll go pick the phone up to check the progress of my downloads only to find the phone shut off and completely unresponsive. I can't get it to do anything without pulling the battery first. This generally happens after wifi has been running for less than an hour. If I restore back to my stock-ish Froyo backup, I get MUCH better wifi reception and no system crashes.

Up until the past week or so I've very rarely used wifi and even then it was for very short periods. I don't know if this is a pre-existing ROM issue or possibly some odd side effect of installing the VM update. I do extremely thorough wipes before any flashes/restores so I'm fairly sure it's not a bad flash going on. I love me some BACKside IHO, but as it stands, I'm stuck with Froyo on my phone to get the functionality I need. Anyone have any ideas or similar experiences? I've kinda gotten the s of flashing all the alphas, betas, variants and updates out there so I'm hoping to fix this issue so I can stick with BACKside...at least until Quattrimus is fully functional.
    I have an OV that I bought last November that isn't activated yet. I only use WiFi on it. After I did the upgrade to the ZV9 ROM I have had it do what you describe twice. Once when running quattrimus alpha8 installed over the top of 7 and once when I was using the News & Weather app with tvall's magpie ROM. Couldn't reboot, connecting the charger didn't do anything, had to pull the battery. The magpie ROM lasted the longest before imploding. The quattrimus ROM black-holed on me while it was sleeping.

It's not happening on my other, activated, OV that doesn't have the 'fixed' baseband, which is running Mirage now but has run BACKside and BobZHome previously.

So I don't think what's happening, at least to my handset, is a ROM issue unless it's just that it happens with everything but the stock ROM. I am planning on reverting the unregistered phone to either the V5 ROM or the V9 ROM, possibly both, one after the other, and doing some more testing. Will try to post more info in the coming week.
    04-12-2012 11:33 AM

I have a Linksys router too. A WRT54GS. But I haven't had the problem on the phone with the V5 baseband even back when I didn't have a WiFi router and was using my neighbor's Netgear on Comcast.
    04-12-2012 11:38 AM
    I have a question for you experts here: I was robbing a convenience store the other day, and my phone rang just as I was telling the cashier to empty the register. Because I had the gun in my right hand, I couldnt reach the phone in my right pocket, and the call went to voice mail. As I was leaving the store with the money, I tried to check the voice mail using an old version of GrooveIP I found on hackedapps.com and the store's WiFi network (VM a**holes throttled me because I'd used 5GB halfway into my plan month).

Anyways, after connecting to the WiFi, the phone simply froze on me. I had to pull the battery. And it did it AGAIN a second time, WTF!

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here? Should I flash a newer version of BACKside? I am on the Sep 11 build from last year. Thx.
    04-12-2012 01:04 PM
    I have a question for you experts here: I was robbing a convenience store the other day, and my phone rang just as I was telling the cashier to empty the register. Because I had the gun in my right hand, I couldnt reach the phone in my right pocket, and the call went to voice mail. As I was leaving the store with the money, I tried to check the voice mail using an old version of GrooveIP I found on hackedapps.com and the store's WiFi network (VM a**holes throttled me because I'd used 5GB halfway into my plan month).

Anyways, after connecting to the WiFi, the phone simply froze on me. I had to pull the battery. And it did it AGAIN a second time, WTF!

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here? Should I flash a newer version of BACKside? I am on the Sep 11 build from last year. Thx.
    Nothing more then bad Karma from both running a older ROM version and for robbing a convenience store.
    Glenar likes this.
    04-12-2012 01:24 PM
    Nothing more then bad Karma from both running a older ROM version and for robbing a convenience store.
    Ok, sounds like the old ROM is my problem. Updating it should put everything on track then. Thx
    04-12-2012 05:06 PM
    Sorry Quattrimus, but you're not special enough for my phone.. yet.
    I love this, thanks Jerry.
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-13-2012 06:03 AM
    Lmao

Tappatalkin' through my Optimirage V
    04-13-2012 08:39 AM
    Robbin the store post

Tappatalkin' through my Optimirage V
    Dave Begue and Dannemand like this.
    04-13-2012 08:39 AM
    Any devs looking into a gingerbread based kernel for their version of IHO?
    04-13-2012 08:25 PM
    Any devs looking into a gingerbread based kernel for their version of IHO?
    Not yet. It is possible that the GB kernel that Sprint released may play nicer with the new radio update. If that turns out to be true, the IHO devs well need to decide whether to pull the changes back to the current kernel or update the whole thing. But that is still a theory so far... Nobody has proven it yet.
    04-13-2012 08:51 PM
    Is there any way to remove or change the backup before flashing thing?
    04-13-2012 11:49 PM
6,009 ... 203204205206207 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD