09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 204205206207208 ...
tools
    Is there any way to remove or change the backup before flashing thing?
    you can change boot animations by going to settings>cm settings>interface>choose a bootanimation...
    you can also add/change/delete by using a root capable file manager and copying the chosen zip to system>media... :-)
    04-14-2012 03:34 AM
    you can change boot animations by going to settings>cm settings>interface>choose a bootanimation...
    you can also add/change/delete by using a root capable file manager and copying the chosen zip to system>media... :-)
    is there anything else we need to do? when i go through the steps to change the bootanimation and select a different boot animation in the system/media folder, nothing changes. i am stuck with the bootanimation where it says "BACKside IHO" and has the little android guy pop out on the lower right corner.

the preview bootanimation doesn't seem to work for me either. when i select a different bootanimation to preview, it just goes back to the interface settings page.
    curtis1973 likes this.
    04-14-2012 03:07 PM
    is there anything else we need to do? when i go through the steps to change the bootanimation and select a different boot animation in the system/media folder, nothing changes. i am stuck with the bootanimation where it says "BACKside IHO" and has the little android guy pop out on the lower right corner.

the preview bootanimation doesn't seem to work for me either. when i select a different bootanimation to preview, it just goes back to the interface settings page.
    The screen you are talking about is the boot logo. That is not changed by the boot animation chooser. The boot animation is the one following the BACKside IHO screen you are speaking of. The boot logo can only be changed by editing a file in the android system. The boot animation chooser changes the boot animation that follows the boot logo
    04-14-2012 06:01 PM
    The screen you are talking about is the boot logo. That is not changed by the boot animation chooser. The boot animation is the one following the BACKside IHO screen you are speaking of. The boot logo can only be changed by editing a file in the android system. The boot animation chooser changes the boot animation that follows the boot logo
    i am not talking about the boot logo. i am talking about the boot animation that comes after the boot logo...

edit: here is a video demonstrating what i'm talking about: [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KIHf1IUZQc[/YT]
    p.s. sorry for the crappy camera work
    04-14-2012 06:03 PM
    I have uploaded the 04142012 build of MiRaGe to the IHO Wiki.

You can find all of the changes at this link since 04032012.

I have changed ro.ril.hsxpa and ro.ril.gprsclass settings in build.prop as follows. It seems to me that there is some improvement in the 3G speed.
    ro.ril.hsxpa=2
    ro.ril.gprsclass=12
    Please post if you have any feedback.

As always thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, gannon5197, tvall, bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and of course all of the CM team.
    04-14-2012 07:04 PM
    i am not talking about the boot logo. i am talking about the boot animation that comes after the boot logo...

edit: here is a video demonstrating what i'm talking about:
    Yep you have the LG logo, the Inferior Human Organs Logo, then the Backside animation which is considered a boot logo and then the boot animation comes after all of these. Looks like yours might be disabled. Check under Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Performance and uncheck Disable boot animation if checked.

On my phone I have the LG logo, IHO Logo, BACKside animation and then the CyanogenMod Bootanimation for a total of 4 steps.

The lg logo I believe is hardware, the IHO logo and backside animation are changed by editing a file and then you should have a boot animation which is changed via the boot animation chooser
    chuang4u likes this.
    04-14-2012 07:20 PM
    Yep you have the LG logo, the Inferior Human Organs Logo, then the Backside animation which is considered a boot logo and then the boot animation comes after all of these. Looks like yours might be disabled. Check under Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Performance and uncheck Disable boot animation if checked.

On my phone I have the LG logo, IHO Logo, BACKside animation and then the CyanogenMod Bootanimation for a total of 4 steps.

The lg logo I believe is hardware, the IHO logo and backside animation are changed by editing a file and then you should have a boot animation which is changed via the boot animation chooser
    sorry, my mistake! thanks for the help!
    04-14-2012 07:36 PM
    No Prob, alot going on at boot
    04-14-2012 07:43 PM

Nor can I preview boot animations. Pressing preview doesn't seem to do anything. I was assuming I may be trying to use incompatible boot animations.
    04-14-2012 08:06 PM
    Be sure the bootanimation is a zip file containing nothing other than folders with png images and a desc.txt file. Often, when you download them, they are contained within another zip file.

I just tested on the latest build, and the bootanimation changer and preview are both working fine.
    04-14-2012 08:21 PM
    @mrg666 The git merge report with your release is very informative - Please continue
    mrg666 likes this.
    04-14-2012 08:24 PM

I have changed ro.ril.hsxpa and ro.ril.gprsclass settings in build.prop as follows. It seems to me that there is some improvement in the 3G speed.
    ro.ril.hsxpa=2
    ro.ril.gprsclass=12

As always thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, gannon5197, tvall, bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and of course all of the CM team.
    I have been using ro.ril.hsxpa=3 and ro.ril.gprsclass=12 for a while(https://github.com/BobZhome/android_...db145f46dcabb7) now.
    When I saw that you recommended ro.ril.hsxpa=2, I had to test it out.
    Test 1: Five tests with ro.ril.hsxpa=3 and 15 seconds between tests with speedtest.net app
    Ping(ms) Download(kbps) Upload(kbps)
    216 427 405
    206 804 723
    195 1364 800
    179 896 782
    175 1129 734

I manual changed build.prop to ro.ril.hsxpa=2 and rebooted...waited 5 minutes to allow the phone to settle down.
    Test 2: Five tests with ro.ril.hsxpa=2 and 15 seconds between tests with speedtest.net app to same server as before
    999 298 302
    1132 197 228
    631 509 282
    1101 420 691
    600 321 265

Again, I manual changed build.prop to ro.ril.hsxpa=3 and rebooted...waited 5 minutes to allow the phone to settle down.
    Test 2: Five tests with ro.ril.hsxpa=3 and 15 seconds between tests with speedtest.net app to same server as before
    284 493 631
    307 622 200
    416 659 408
    598 439 259
    404 314 332

For me, it seems like ro.ril.hsxpa=3 works a little better in my location at this point in time. I'll do some more testing with different times and locations to see if the results are the same.
    Was the 3G better for you on Virgin or Verizon? My tests were done on Virgin...
    mrg666 likes this.
    04-14-2012 09:36 PM

edit: here is a video demonstrating what i'm talking about:
    I noticed in your video, the file manager (I think ES File Explorer), would not just let you choose the bootanimation.zip file, but gave you two choices. Looks like that file manager is not compatible with the standard basic android java call to pick a file. There should be a popup message appear after you select the file saying the file has been copied. Try using a different file manager to pick the file.

I think others have addressed the issue of the BACKside-IHO 1st bootanimation being a part of the boot.img and not the same as the 2nd bootanimation which you can change with the bootanimation chooser.
    04-14-2012 10:03 PM

ro.ril.hsxpa=2
    ro.ril.gprsclass=12

Figures you would release an update the same day I crush my screen. lol. Pay day can't come faster right now.
    mrg666 likes this.
    04-14-2012 10:35 PM
    Figures you would release an update the same day I crush my screen. lol. Pay day can't come faster right now.
    Sorry to hear that, man. Sucks. Someone said they got a fully functioning OV on Ebay for $30...
    04-14-2012 11:18 PM

ro.ril.hsxpa=2
    ro.ril.gprsclass=12

Flashed the update and now I can't connect to my WiFi router. Not a connectivity problem per se though. The problem is that after I enter the SSID, select the encryption type (WPA,WPA2 PSK) and then input the password the "save" button is still grayed out. Only the "cancel" button is live, so I can't complete the process to get the connection with the router going. Acts as if the system hasn't seen the password info that I put in.

I have rebooted, toggled Airplane mode a few times, tried it with 3G on and off and no change.

Anybody else see this? If not I will assume it's just a bad flash and take another run at it.
    04-14-2012 11:44 PM
    I have been using ro.ril.hsxpa=3 and ro.ril.gprsclass=12 for a while(https://github.com/BobZhome/android_...db145f46dcabb7) now.
    When I saw that you recommended ro.ril.hsxpa=2, I had to test it out.
    Test 1: Five tests with ro.ril.hsxpa=3 and 15 seconds between tests with speedtest.net app
    216 427 405
    206 804 723
    195 1364 800
    179 896 782
    175 1129 734

I manual changed build.prop to ro.ril.hsxpa=2 and rebooted...waited 5 minutes to allow the phone to settle down.
    Test 2: Five tests with ro.ril.hsxpa=2 and 15 seconds between tests with speedtest.net app to same server as before
    999 298 302
    1132 197 228
    631 509 282
    1101 420 691
    600 321 265

Again, I manual changed build.prop to ro.ril.hsxpa=3 and rebooted...waited 5 minutes to allow the phone to settle down.
    Test 2: Five tests with ro.ril.hsxpa=3 and 15 seconds between tests with speedtest.net app to same server as before
    284 493 631
    307 622 200
    416 659 408
    598 439 259
    404 314 332

For me, it seems like ro.ril.hsxpa=3 works a little better in my location at this point in time. I'll do some more testing with different times and locations to see if the results are the same.
    Was the 3G better for you on Virgin or Verizon? My tests were done on Virgin...
    Bob, thank you for the detailed feedback.

I tested only on the VM network and I have not tried hsxpa=3. Based on my testing, the hsxpa=2 makes the difference when the 3g network is not congested, i.e. late in the evening and at night. I have consistently seen >2000 kbps download on speedtest.net when I have switched to hsxpa=2. With hsxpa=1, I have not seen any speed larger than ~1200 kbps. The benefit of hsxpa tuning is not that apparent when the network is congested. I will try hsxpa=3 tonight after everybody puts their phones away and post here.
    glarepate likes this.
    04-15-2012 01:02 PM
    Flashed the update and now I can't connect to my WiFi router. Not a connectivity problem per se though. The problem is that after I enter the SSID, select the encryption type (WPA,WPA2 PSK) and then input the password the "save" button is still grayed out. Only the "cancel" button is live, so I can't complete the process to get the connection with the router going. Acts as if the system hasn't seen the password info that I put in.

I have rebooted, toggled Airplane mode a few times, tried it with 3G on and off and no change.

Anybody else see this? If not I will assume it's just a bad flash and take another run at it.
    There are no WiFi problems here. You might want to delete the WiFi hosts, toggle airplane mode, and rediscover the SSID's you are using.

You can find screen assemblies of Optimus S and V phones on Ebay for a cheap price. You can even buy a phone with a bad ESN and use it as a screen donor to your phone. You can probably use Optimus C, M, or Vortex to transplant their screens too.
    Here is how to do it.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuwPBj1YqnY[/YT]
    04-15-2012 01:03 PM
    There are no WiFi problems here. You might want to delete the WiFi hosts, toggle airplane mode, and rediscover the SSID's you are using.
    Except I can't "Forget"/delete it because it's not a broadcast SSID ; it doesn't show up until I make the connection. I always have to enter it manually when I first set up the connection and then it is automatic after that.

I should have mentioned that in the post.

And the hosts that are visible are also secured so I can only "Connect" or "Cancel". No "Forget" options for them either.

Thank you for your suggestions though.
    04-15-2012 02:13 PM
    can I turn off 3g while still leaving 1x data and cell phone signal working? I saw a 2g/3g toggle in the power widget, would that do it?
    04-16-2012 03:10 PM
    can I turn off 3g while still leaving 1x data and cell phone signal working? I saw a 2g/3g toggle in the power widget, would that do it?
    I don't think that works on IHO.

There are apps that can do it, but some beleive they have problems (myself for one) and they will only work on stock based roms.
    Dave Begue likes this.
    04-16-2012 03:26 PM
    I'm using go launcher and just installed a new theme newmiui v4. Which is awesome, but in the screenshots of the theme the status bar icons are all blue yet I can't get mine to do anything but green. I have it set to Theme instead of Rom in the settings but it's being stubborn.

I've successfully changed their color before on old themes but they never "stuck". I would have to reset the status bar after ever reboot to get the colors to go back to blue. That's not working in this case.
    04-16-2012 03:38 PM
    So i just installed the latest version to my girl friend's phone did a full wipe / sd card format and reinstalled everything so its a fresh install..we are now having the problem of the phone locking up 5-10 times a day and having to do a battery pull..any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated
    04-16-2012 08:54 PM
    So i just installed the latest version to my girl friend's phone did a full wipe / sd card format and reinstalled everything so its a fresh install..we are now having the problem of the phone locking up 5-10 times a day and having to do a battery pull..any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated
    The usual suspects (off the top of my head):

1) Check MD5 of the ROM and gapps downloads.

2) Double (or even triple) wipe boot, system, cache, data, dalvik before flashing.

3) Give it 10 mins peace to rebuild after first boot.

4) Avoid restoring apps (or at least app data) with TiBu. Definitely avoid restoring any system apps or data.

5) Don't overclock until you know you have a stable install.

You're probably already doing those - apologies in that case. But even if you do, maybe just try again.
    04-16-2012 09:16 PM
    actualy I have only done one full wipe..will try it again..I dont want or think i need to do a total system/app wipe again would I? she doesnt want to lose everything again? as far as gapps..they were all installed and downloaded from the market..never flashed any of them..also the md5 checked out fine
    04-16-2012 09:25 PM
6,009 ... 204205206207208 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD