09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 209210211212213 ...
tools
    Are the gapps modified by you?
    Cuz cm still lists 8/28 as the latest.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    No, the download link I provide is for CyanogenMod's page on gapps.
    04-21-2012 08:09 PM
    @Jerry, My phone, after the radio update, has non-stop random reboots. I forgot what Eollie said, but it was something with the SD card, so I took the SD Card out, and had 1 random reboot after 10Hours. I put the SD card back in and has 1 random reboot in 5 hours. Any ideas?
    All I can say is I've posted in every radio thread that I do not recommend the radio update.

Radios and kernels often require each to be written compatible with the other in order to perform their best.

I have not flashed the radio to my personal OV, and I don't plan on it until the original radio can be backedup. Remember, never flash without backing up!
    droidmyme and nascar2428 like this.
    04-21-2012 08:11 PM
    I'm sorry if this was asked before, but 5,000 + posts, that's alot to sift thru.

I'm running the most recent version of BACKside. I'm getting random freezes. They always occur after I wake the phone from sleep. Tried replicating it but I can't. I don't have any special rotations or effects enabled. Any ideas guys/?

Random freezes could be caused by just about anything. To rule out rotations, turn off the following for a day or two and see if it helps:
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Display>>Rotation animations (uncheck)
    Settings>>ADW Launcher>>System Preferences>>Home Orientation (do not set to auto)

If that doesn't help, you'll need to connect your phone to your PC next time it freezes and run a logcat via ADB, then post it to pastebin.com, then post the pastebin URL here.
    marlo222 and droidmyme like this.
    04-21-2012 08:15 PM
    Just to add my 2 cents, i had installed the rom and it was rock solid for about a week, then i screwed it all up by installing GO Launcher, after that stated having wake freezing and reboots after sending text messages. i uninstalled Go launcher and disabled auto rotation. Reboots still happened. I did a total clean wipe of data and cache etc and reinstalled the rom and reboots started happening again within a few minutes. I then went into Cyanogenmod settings/ Performance and checked 'Allow purging of assets', disable boot animation, and Lock messaging app' and phone has been rock solid again with the rom and great battery life for about 2 days.
    Not sure if this will help anybody else but so far so good for me.
    04-21-2012 08:56 PM
    Random freezes could be caused by just about anything. To rule out rotations, turn off the following for a day or two and see if it helps:
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Display>>Rotation animations (uncheck)
    Settings>>ADW Launcher>>System Preferences>>Home Orientation (do not set to auto)

If that doesn't help, you'll need to connect your phone to your PC next time it freezes and run a logcat via ADB, then post it to pastebin.com, then post the pastebin URL here.
    Awesome. Great, thanks man.

04-21-2012 09:17 PM
    I've been having a problem with this rom. This is the screenshot of it cause I can't really explain it Instagram sorry this was the only way I could show it
    04-21-2012 09:19 PM
    Just to add my 2 cents, i had installed the rom and it was rock solid for about a week, then i screwed it all up by installing GO Launcher, after that stated having wake freezing and reboots after sending text messages. i uninstalled Go launcher and disabled auto rotation. Reboots still happened. I did a total clean wipe of data and cache etc and reinstalled the rom and reboots started happening again within a few minutes. I then went into Cyanogenmod settings/ Performance and checked 'Allow purging of assets', disable boot animation, and Lock messaging app' and phone has been rock solid again with the rom and great battery life for about 2 days.
    Not sure if this will help anybody else but so far so good for me.
    Thanks for the info! Good news for users in the same boat as you were.

The performance related settings are the second stage of troubleshooting right now, need to rule out rotation animations since they caused so many issues over the past few months, just to be sure.

FYI- Here are my performance related settings (I never get freezes ):
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Display>>Rotation Animations (unchecked)
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Interface>>Render effect (no render effect)
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>CPU Settings>>SMARTASSV2,480,729,Set on Boot (checked)
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Compcache RAM Usage (not set)
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Use JIT (checked)
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Enable surface dithering (unchecked)
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Use 16bit transparency (checked)
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Scrolling Cache (default)
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Allow purging of assets (checked)
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Lock home in memory (unchecked)
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Lock messaging app in memory (unchecked)
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>VM heap size (48m)
    Settings>>ADW Launcher Settings>>System Preferences>>Wallpaper Hack (unchecked)
    Settings>>ADW Launcher Settings>>Scrolling Cache (auto)
    Settings>>ADW Launcher Settings>>System persistent (unchecked)
    Settings>>ADW Launcher Settings>>Home Orientation (portrait)

If these don't help, and you use the default ADW Launcher, I'll go through more of it's settings that may have issues.
    nascar2428 likes this.
    04-21-2012 09:21 PM
    @Jerry, My phone, after the radio update, has non-stop random reboots. I forgot what Eollie said, but it was something with the SD card, so I took the SD Card out, and had 1 random reboot after 10Hours. I put the SD card back in and has 1 random reboot in 5 hours. Any ideas?
    All I can say is I've posted in every radio thread that I do not recommend the radio update.

Radios and kernels often require each to be written compatible with the other in order to perform their best.

I have not flashed the radio to my personal OV, and I don't plan on it until the original radio can be backedup. Remember, never flash without backing up!
    PM sent to Noob about this.

He was refering to this post also.
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-21-2012 09:30 PM

The performance related settings are the second stage of troubleshooting right now, need to rule out rotation animations since they caused so many issues over the past few months, just to be sure.

Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>CPU Settings>>SMARTASSV2,480,729,Set on Boot (checked)
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Compcache RAM Usage (not set)
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Enable surface dithering (unchecked)
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Use 16bit transparency (checked)
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Allow purging of assets (checked)
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Lock home in memory (unchecked)
    Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Performance Settings>>Lock messaging app in memory (unchecked)

If these don't help, and you use the default ADW Launcher, I'll go through more of it's settings that may have issues.
    Thanks for your settings Jerry! I am really liking the ROM, SO much better than stock. really smooth and the extra battery life is great (i haven't overclocked). I'm trying to leave the phone pretty bare right now to test the rom more and make sure no apps that i might installl are causing any issues.
    I'll post more findings if i come across any.
    04-21-2012 09:31 PM
    I've been having a problem with this rom. This is the screenshot of it cause I can't really explain it Instagram sorry this was the only way I could show it
    That's the same screen freeze issue a couple of others are reporting. Please read the past few pages and follow the recommended steps, then let us know if it helps.
    04-21-2012 09:39 PM

the only thing to ever give me issues using iho is the rotation animation setting. other than that its been rock solid. i figure the rotation setting conflicts with the display driver in some way. it works great until you allow the device to screen time out and go to lock screen. upon wake its frozen..but a few button pushes and a rotate and it fixes itself without a reboot.
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-21-2012 09:41 PM
    Wow, so I just realized that this whole time, CM settings->Display->Rotation animation was checked DERRPP. I didn't know, I never checked that option, and I would've THOUGHT the default was unchecked. Oh well, guess you learn something new everyday.

Just enabled dithering and 16 bit transparency, smartass v2 governor and cache scrolling. Phone feels more snappy now. Only thing I don't like is scrolling is a little too snappy. Yay, I'm totally dialing my phone in lol

*edit* here's my personal performance settings:
    CPU governor: Smartass v2
    Min frequency: 480
    Max frequency: 806
    Use JIT: checked
    Surface dithering: unchecked
    16 bit transparency: checked
    Scrolling cache: enabled
    Purging of assets: enabled
    VM heap: 32mb

Feels great! I think surface dithering made my phone feel too jumpy, so I disabled it and is now smooth
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-21-2012 10:12 PM
    I got a replacement through Email. !

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-21-2012 10:22 PM
    I got a replacement through Email
    A new V???

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-21-2012 10:37 PM
    A new V???

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Huh??! Yeah what's up with that?! Thought you had like 1 you were just d****** around with & one that was a daily driver so to speak
    Yes. Another. I'm just about ready to throw my phone at the wall. Reboots while txting every 5 mminutes

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-21-2012 11:52 PM
    Here is the logcat after i restored a backup that had data2ext enabled. Boot after restore with sd-ext - Pastebin.com

Apps show up as if they're missing under applications.
    04-22-2012 01:23 AM
    I reverted back to stock for a few days after flashing the VM update and have since reflashed MiRaGe. Everything is working fine and I haven't had any problems. However, I have noticed that the vibration settings do not seem to be as strong, i.e. the vibration for incoming calls and texts. I work in a high noise environment, and was wondering if there was system setting I could change or modify to increase the vibration strength. Any help would be appreciated.
    04-22-2012 09:42 AM
    I reverted back to stock for a few days after flashing the VM update and have since reflashed MiRaGe. Everything is working fine and I haven't had any problems. However, I have noticed that the vibration settings do not seem to be as strong, i.e. the vibration for incoming calls and texts. I work in a high noise environment, and was wondering if there was system setting I could change or modify to increase the vibration strength. Any help would be appreciated.
    I believe the vibrator strength is hard coded in the kernel and cannot be changed. I don't know what the values are for any particular kernels, you should ask your ROM maintainer.
    04-22-2012 09:46 AM
    I'm just about ready to throw my phone at the wall. Reboots while txting every 5 mminutes
    Try the GingerKernel patch for MiRaGe 04/03 that tdm posted in LeslieAnn's radio patch thread. It solved all radio related issues for me (reboots and SMS lags).

It does have a few minor glitches (camera, wake-up lags) as it wasn't intended to be a "proper" kernel for IHO, just a test of kernel compatibility with the ZV9 radio. But as far as stability, it's been rock solid for me.

Edit: This is tdm's post with the GingerKernel.
    04-22-2012 11:15 AM
    Try the GingerKernel patch for MiRaGe 04/03 that tdm posted in LeslieAnn's radio patch thread. It solved all radio related issues for me (reboots and SMS lags).

It does have a few minor glitches (camera, wake-up lags) as it wasn't intended to be a "proper" kernel for IHO, just a test of kernel compatibility with the ZV9 radio. But as far as stability, it's been rock solid for me.

Edit: This is tdm's post with the GingerKernel http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=1712739
    Or, when I finally decide to get out of bed, I'll be uploading a test kernel that might or might not fix it. Based on my iho kernel
    Dannemand likes this.
    04-22-2012 11:22 AM
    Thanks for your settings Jerry! I am really liking the ROM, SO much better than stock. really smooth and the extra battery life is great (i haven't overclocked). I'm trying to leave the phone pretty bare right now to test the rom more and make sure no apps that i might installl are causing any issues.
    I'll post more findings if i come across any.
    Update, I installed the NHL GameCenter app off the market this morning and got an immediate reboot after launching the app and trying to select a team sent a text after the reboot and got a reboot again. Uninstalled the NHL app and sent another text later (stock messaging app) and got a reboot again.
    Seen other posts about reboots after sending text so there might be something there.
    Sent several texts in the last few hours and no reboots yet. Not sure whats happening.
    Everything else is solid, GPS, bluetooth, wifi etc.
    Hopefully its just a minor glitch that can be worked out.

No freezing after disabling auto rotation btw.
    JerryScript likes this.
    04-22-2012 09:17 PM
    I need ath3nos sprint_to_ov zip does anyone have this? I can't find a valid link

Sent from my Hayabusa GSXR 1300 Twin Turbo
    04-23-2012 04:59 AM
    Update, I installed the NHL GameCenter app off the market this morning and got an immediate reboot after launching the app and trying to select a team sent a text after the reboot and got a reboot again. Uninstalled the NHL app and sent another text later (stock messaging app) and got a reboot again.
    Seen other posts about reboots after sending text so there might be something there.
    Sent several texts in the last few hours and no reboots yet. Not sure whats happening.
    Everything else is solid, GPS, bluetooth, wifi etc.
    Hopefully its just a minor glitch that can be worked out.

No freezing after disabling auto rotation btw.
    I use NHL GameCenter with GB and ICS with no rebooting problems... I don't believe it's the app.

JerryScript likes this.
    04-23-2012 03:31 PM
    I need ath3nos sprint_to_ov zip does anyone have this? I can't find a valid link

Sent from my Hayabusa GSXR 1300 Twin Turbo
    Use Button Remapper. The keys are 102, and 139. You'll understand once you open the app.

rebel69ization likes this.
    04-23-2012 03:39 PM
    OK, getting the "Error processing payment" message when downloading a free app from Play Store. I did search the thread, couldn't find the fix.
    I tried clearing the cache and data from the Play Store app, no joy.
    Thanks for any help.
    04-23-2012 04:33 PM
6,009 ... 209210211212213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD