09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 214215216217218 ...
tools
    I'm experiencing the same exact thing
    l can also confirm that. But it only happens with Google Play Music from the Google Play Store. If you use the built in Music.app in Gingerbread, there is no problem. So, this is not a ROM problem. I have deleted Google Play Music from my phone and reverted back to the default Music app which is much more responsive and does everything I need.
    05-04-2012 11:39 AM
    So Jerry a bit off topic but I've got to ask. With the ics roms appearing, will u be cooking anything up?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    05-04-2012 06:39 PM
    I'm pretty sure I read Jerry is cooking up some ICS goodness
    Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2
    05-04-2012 07:57 PM
    I have uploaded the 05042012 build of MiRaGe to the IHO Wiki.
    Followings are the main changes from CM repo sync. You can find details of the changes in CM repo at this link.
    - Applying theming to more framework items
    - Restrict zygote to system user
    - init.rc: update the permission of /data/local

I have also updated the kernel with the following changes over Bob's V3.7 kernel
    - Compiled with gcc 4.7 for better performance
    - added rtc updates from LG's ZV9 kernel source
    - added Hitachi screen driver update from LG's ZV9 kernel update

Preliminary testing shows that there is improvement (if not fixed) in the reboot problem of the phones with ZV9 radio update. It would be very useful if you can post your feedback regarding this problem.

The same ROM modified for Verizon Network is also available here. MD5sum: a78c68b2216577a53e5830d25383b487

As always thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, gannon5197, tvall, bigsupersquid, Whyzor, Earthnfire78, and all of the CM team.
    05-04-2012 11:23 PM
    I have uploaded the 05042012 build of MiRaGe to the IHO Wiki.
    Followings are the main changes from CM repo sync. You can find details of the changes in CM repo at this link.
    - Applying theming to more framework items
    - Restrict zygote to system user
    - init.rc: update the permission of /data/local

I have also updated the kernel with the following changes over Bob's V3.7 kernel
    - Compiled with gcc 4.7 for better performance
    - added rtc updates from LG's ZV9 kernel source
    - added Hitachi screen driver update from LG's ZV9 kernel update

Preliminary testing shows that there is improvement (if not fixed) in the reboot problem of the phones with ZV9 radio update. It would be very useful if you can post your feedback regarding this problem.

The same ROM modified for Verizon Network is also available here. MD5sum: a78c68b2216577a53e5830d25383b487

As always thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, gannon5197, tvall, bigsupersquid, Whyzor, Earthnfire78, and all of the CM team.
    Does this new build have the option to use the volume buttons to move the cursor on the stock keyboard?
    05-04-2012 11:32 PM
    Does this new build have the option to use the volume buttons to move the cursor on the stock keyboard?
    No, as of now, only BACKside has that option, but it will probably make into CM and IHO eventually.
    glarepate and mrg666 like this.
    05-05-2012 12:56 AM
    i have the zv9 update [don't recommend it] the mrg666 5-4 update produced zero problems.
    never had the reboot issue---- flashing all the new mrg666 and backside's since i installed the zv9 in march
    mrg666 likes this.
    05-05-2012 01:51 AM
    I have seen it on the gerrit review but I generally don't pick features ahead of review unless they are merged in the CM repo or fix a problem in IHO. So this is not included.
    05-05-2012 06:09 AM
    I'm pretty sure I read Jerry is cooking up some ICS goodness
    a BACKside/ICS would be a dream come true... (big cheesy grin at just the thought of it)... :-)
    05-05-2012 08:35 AM
    Here's my newest kernel for Gingerbread: BobZ_Kernel_v4-signed.zip
    It's flashable through recovery.
    Changelog:
    1) Updated to LG's ZV9 kernel source
    2) Changed to SIO scheduler

Please don't thank me, instead donate to Blarf for all the great work he has done. Special thanks to Jerry, mrg666, thekarven, TDM and all the others that have help to improve this project.

Enjoy!
    Bob
    05-05-2012 03:12 PM
    Here's my newest kernel for Gingerbread: BobZ_Kernel_v4-signed.zip
    It's flashable through recovery.
    Changelog:
    1) Updated to LG's ZV9 kernel source
    2) Changed to SIO scheduler

Please don't thank me, instead donate to Blarf for all the great work he has done. Special thanks to Jerry, mrg666, thekarven, TDM and all the others that have help to improve this project.

Enjoy!
    Bob
    I know you said not to thank you but THANKS! I'd donate but I'm broke

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-05-2012 04:24 PM
    I forgot. How do you flash a kernal?
    05-05-2012 05:13 PM
    Flash in recovery as you would a rom

05-05-2012 05:29 PM
    Flash in recovery as you would a rom

With the exception that you don't have to wipe anything :rolleyes: at least I didn't...

05-05-2012 05:36 PM
    @Bobz, mrg666: Thanks a lot both of you for releasing new kernels and ROMs so quickly after the LG source release.

Is there a difference between Bob's new v4 and the updated kernel that mrg put out yesterday (using ZV9 rtc & diag)?

I'd been running mrg's updated kernel for 1.5 days since he posted it, including some controlled testing (I have a test procedure I use) and haven't been able to reproduce any problems, except a single SMS send failure (it send on retry).

I just flashed Bobz v4 awhile ago and ran it through 10 of my test cycles. So far it's solid too - though oddly I did have a single send failure as well. Again, it send on first retry. Could be a complete coincidence.

I'll keep running this ROM (MiRaGe 04/27) with Bobz v4 for a day or two, then update to the new MiRaGe.

Thanks again, both of you. A lot!
    mrg666 likes this.
    05-05-2012 06:12 PM
    Is there a difference between Bob's new v4 and the updated kernel that mrg put out yesterday (using ZV9 rtc & diag)?
    I believe BobZHome v4 is the same as the latest Mirage kernel except the former has SIO scheduler default, and latter has newer GCC 4.7 compiler optimizations. I just installed latest Mirage 0504 ROM & kernel without any problems (still on ZV5 radio), but would like to have the 4.7 optimizations AND SIO scheduler no big deal. Thanks to tvall too for requesting the source code from LG (that was surprisingly quick, should keep that LG contact info for future reference).
    Dannemand likes this.
    05-06-2012 01:10 AM
    Any reason y this is happening if I had this before on previous builds?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-06-2012 01:19 AM
    I believe BobZHome v4 is the same as the latest Mirage kernel except the former has SIO scheduler default, and latter has newer GCC 4.7 compiler optimizations. I just installed latest Mirage 0504 ROM & kernel without any problems (still on ZV5 radio), but would like to have the 4.7 optimizations AND SIO scheduler no big deal. Thanks to tvall too for requesting the source code from LG (that was surprisingly quick, should keep that LG contact info for future reference).
    its been over 2 weeks since i requested the source. for an impatient 17 year old, thats a long time.

don't forget my kernel! its built with gcc 4.7, has sio, and has bfs.
    05-06-2012 01:19 AM
    Whyzor, you can download the latest kernel with gcc-4.7 and default sio scheduler below. I have kept only the noop and deadline schedulers in the kernel to eliminate the idle code.
    Mirage_kernel_sio_gcc47_zv9.zip
    MD5sum:: C0002D385582EBE38BF4C9AFF24A8164

I am testing the sio scheduler on my phone. Can you please post your feedback if you test it and see any difference from the previous deadline scheduler? I don't initially see much difference.

If you want to go back and forth between the deadline and sio schedulers, nofrills cpu app can switch them
    Dannemand and Raul720 like this.
    05-06-2012 07:54 AM
    Thanks to tvall too for requesting the source code from LG (that was surprisingly quick, should keep that LG contact info for future reference).
    Indeed, as I've posted in the patch thread, credit and thanks are due to both tvall (as you said), cole2kb (who I believe was first to contact LG), and tdm (who kept focus on this ZV9 kernel issue even when other devs had written rebooters like cole and myself off as... whatever ).

This in addition to mrg and Bobz, of course.
    05-06-2012 09:46 AM
    After flashing jerry's new/updated BACKside ROM, and after rebooting and restoring settings/apps---getting a low internal memory notification for the first time. I don't understand what has caused this seeing as though all my backup information and downloads are on the sd ,not internal...feedback/comments how to fix this please. Will need to partition or am I able to move anything to the sd-ext file folder??
    05-06-2012 03:00 PM
    After flashing jerry's new/updated BACKside ROM, and after rebooting and restoring settings/apps---getting a low internal memory notification for the first time. I don't understand what has caused this seeing as though all my backup information and downloads or on the sd not internal
    It sounds like you have stuff on the internal memory that you dont know about.
    05-06-2012 03:02 PM
    It sounds like you have stuff on the internal memory that you dont know about.
    That's understandable, but when going into running programs... I did move like 2 or 3 to the sd but as far as what is actually running and downloaded it still reading what's on the card not showing me internal with the exception of the KB's at the bottom of the screen
    riggerman likes this.
    05-06-2012 03:05 PM
    MMS DOESNT WORK

05-07-2012 01:28 AM
    MMS DOESNT WORK

Great. Now tell us which rom you are using, what version, what changes you have made, whether you did a full wipe before flashing or not, and any other info that could give us a clue as to what is happening. At this point all we know is you did something wrong.
    cole2kb and drezliok like this.
    05-07-2012 01:57 AM
6,009 ... 214215216217218 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD