09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 216217218219220 ...
tools
    I just tested MMS on my latest build, and it works fine. BTW- I always test it before releasing each build as well.

Perhaps you have a 3g outage in your area, you can call VM or check their twitter account for details on most 3g issues.
    I'm in PA. This is day 3 of my outage!!! This is a first!! WTF?!!
    05-09-2012 02:42 PM
    I just tested MMS on my latest build, and it works fine. BTW- I always test it before releasing each build as well.

Perhaps you have a 3g outage in your area, you can call VM or check their twitter account for details on most 3g issues.
    I don't have any service issues in my area, also about 90% of the time I have a very strong 3g and/or WiFi connection. As I said in my previous post, my MMS problem is not directly related to only your builds, but also every IHO build I have used. I haven't tried any other roms, basically because they cannot compare to the ones you, Leslie, Mrg, or Bob build. Thank you for the assurance that you test MMS before releasing, that's awesome. I have went so long without being able to use it that I don't really miss it. Besides, all of the other perks and features of IHO FAR outweigh this one inconvience. Thanks again Jerry!
    JerryScript likes this.
    05-09-2012 07:33 PM
    I'm in PA. This is day 3 of my outage!!! This is a first!! WTF?!!
    Do you have 3G? For example, can you turn wifi off and then connect to the Google Play Store?

If you have 3G, and you have already done a full wipe/format and re-install, then you might have to call VM's customer service. If you do, you should do a backup, flash a Froyo based ROM such as Harmonia1._ and try the Activate app first.

--------------------------
    @RT78: If you could post a logcat of an attempt to send an MMS, we might be able to figure out what's happening.
    05-10-2012 12:47 AM
    I don't have any service issues in my area, also about 90% of the time I have a very strong 3g and/or WiFi connection. As I said in my previous post, my MMS problem is not directly related to only your builds, but also every IHO build I have used. I haven't tried any other roms, basically because they cannot compare to the ones you, Leslie, Mrg, or Bob build. Thank you for the assurance that you test MMS before releasing, that's awesome. I have went so long without being able to use it that I don't really miss it. Besides, all of the other perks and features of IHO FAR outweigh this one inconvience. Thanks again Jerry!
    Once upon a time I could not send/receive mms messages. It was a real flukey thing since no one else was having this issue. I had to install gosms and manually change the apn settings inside gosms for mms to work. There are a few threads around about it. People were doing it in cm9 recently as well due to mms issues.
    RT78 likes this.
    05-10-2012 05:57 AM
    Do you have 3G? For example, can you turn wifi off and then connect to the Google Play Store?

If you have 3G, and you have already done a full wipe/format and re-install, then you might have to call VM's customer service. If you do, you should do a backup, flash a Froyo based ROM such as Harmonia1._ and try the Activate app first.

--------------------------
    @RT78: If you could post a logcat of an attempt to send an MMS, we might be able to figure out what's happening.
    According to vm when I called, there is an outage in my area. what I was told is that they're doing upgrades to get ready for the 4 g network! Seriously? This is day 4 without 3 g!! This has nothing to do with anything else except the tower itself. I'm sending this via wifi which is poor at best
    05-10-2012 03:09 PM
    According to vm when I called, there is an outage in my area. what I was told is that they're doing upgrades to get ready for the 4 g network! Seriously? This is day 4 without 3 g!! This has nothing to do with anything else except the tower itself. I'm sending this via wifi which is poor at best
    Call customer service tell them you want to speak with a supervisor. Dont let them say one will have to call you back. Tell the csr no you will hold until they can get you transferred. They will probably transfer you to the call center supervisor and at that point tell him.her you need a supervisor that can issue you a credit for days without service. If you are persistant enough you might be able to get a free month.
    05-10-2012 03:44 PM
    which kernel should i flash if still using zv5? mirage kernel or bobz's version 4?
    05-10-2012 04:44 PM
    UPDATE- So far I've tried to reproduce the problem (from Google Maps force closing & rebooting my old man's OV) but it hasn't come back yet. Here is a run down of the settings: Backside IHO (updated) CWMA Green Recovery, ZV5 radio, CDMA Only (set to HOME). Although the network preferences dropdown buttons don't work (or don't show that they are selected) but in the About Phone section you can see the change. We trucked a load of frozen food from Winchester, VA. to Virginia Beach, VA (well out of our "home range") using Google Maps and No wonky behavior.I don't understand, unless Maps is having a network conflict with the recent 4G upgrade that Baltimore, MD had.(just speculating at this point). All the apps that normally run in the background on this OV were running on both trips. Maybe a tower or satellite issue? Maybe Klingons!
    JerryScript likes this.
    05-10-2012 09:35 PM
    which kernel should i flash if still using zv5? mirage kernel or bobz's version 4?
    Either should be fine, only the ZV9 needs a special kernel, and I'll be adding Bob's V4 to the next build.
    curtis1973 likes this.
    05-11-2012 03:28 AM
    I had put that kernel for testing with the zv9 baseband while we were working to fix the reboot problems. That problem is fixed now and I will not be doing regular kernel releases since Bob has been doing that job perfectly. Bob's V4 kernel is now fully updated with zv9 and I would recommend using his kernel. I will keep building the kernel only for MiRaGe.

PS: I have deleted those kernel packs from the upload site since they are not needed anymore.
    05-11-2012 05:42 AM
    ^^Nice clarification, since not everybody followed every single post on that whole ZV9 issue.
    mrg666 likes this.
    05-11-2012 07:40 AM
    I tried flashing the latest backside and when it boots it freezes on me. I flashed with green recovery, nevermind-duh-i didn't give it enough time to finish.:o
    glarepate likes this.
    05-11-2012 02:36 PM
    I had put that kernel for testing with the zv9 baseband while we were working to fix the reboot problems. That problem is fixed now and I will not be doing regular kernel releases since Bob has been doing that job perfectly. Bob's V4 kernel is now fully updated with zv9 and I would recommend using his kernel. I will keep building the kernel only for MiRaGe.

PS: I have deleted those kernel packs from the upload site since they are not needed anymore.
    thank you. i did opt for bobz's kernel.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    mrg666 likes this.
    05-11-2012 03:07 PM
    Also using bobs v4 its real smooth, can overclock to anywhere in the 800's no reboots etc.
    05-11-2012 11:10 PM
    Media fire is not working for me today. Anyone have an alternate link to download it?

Lastly, how can I confirm the v4 kernel flashed over? I see my kernel version under settings / about phone, but what should current version read? I didnt take note before I flashed.
    05-11-2012 11:29 PM
    I have updated the the IHO binary, my build comes with a newly compiled kernel that I believe has the fixes for the zv9 radio. This kernel like mrg666 is going to be only for OM-IHO.
    JerryScript and Raul720 like this.
    05-11-2012 11:41 PM
    Media fire is not working for me today. Anyone have an alternate link to download it?

Lastly, how can I confirm the v4 kernel flashed over? I see my kernel version under settings / about phone, but what should current version read? I didnt take note before I flashed.
    If you've flashed the new kernel, it should read:

Kernel version
    2.6.32.9-v4
    bobzhome@ubuntu #1
    Tejer likes this.
    05-11-2012 11:45 PM
    If you've flashed the new kernel, it should read:

Kernel version
    2.6.32.9-v4
    bobzhome@ubuntu #1
    Perfect! Thanks Jerry
    05-12-2012 11:50 AM
    Mms stoppex working for me on bobzhome a while ago. I havent tried his builds for a while, but mirage works for me
    05-12-2012 06:05 PM
    So I flashed the new bobz v4 kernel. I noticed things were a little faster, but i wrote it off as a reboot and a clearing of the cash. Then i was doing some web browsing and noticed it was loading and redrawing way faster then usual. Then, after reading about higher over clocks I tried in mine and was able to go up 20MHz. Am I imagining this speed increase and stability, or is there something different about this kernel, that explains it? No complaints, of course, just curious.
    05-12-2012 06:25 PM
    I am going to bring up a bug that was first raised a few months ago: The hardcoded Bluetooth address: Instead of using the phone's unique MAC address, all IHO ROMs use the same fixed address of 43:25: D1:00:00:00.

That makes it impossible for two IHO phones to talk to each other through Bluetooth. For me, the more annoying consequence is that my wife and I cannot pair both our phones to our car and swicth between them: Paring one phone wipes out the other, because the car sees the same address. So switching phones in the car involves full pairing procedure every time (entering security codes and all).

(I actually tried naming the phones the same, hoping the car wouldn't know the difference and just connect to the first available phone, but unfortunately that didn't work either).

The issue was previously mentioned in this thread. Also, it was brought up in the IHO thread a couple months ago, but didn't elicit any response (except from me ).

The problem isn't limited to IHO, I believe it is all CM7 phones. Even quattrimus ICS seemed to have the same problem when I last tried it (alpha 9). Still, I am posting it here since IHO is where I have the problem. Of course stock ROM reads the actual, unique MAC address and works fine.

I've searched all over recently. Many users mention the issue and ask for help, but nobody seems to have answers, except "that's just Cyanogen".

Have any of you (devs or others) investigated this issue -- or possibly even have a solution, whether permanent or temporary?

What I tried so far:

1) Deleting folder(s) in /data/misc/bluetoothd. When the BT address is first set, a folder is created here named by the address, containing a config file with device name and class. Someone suggested to delete it and let the folder be re-created next time BT is enabled (presumeably with the correct address). But it always ends up being 43:25: D1:00:00:00 no matter what.

2) Setting the BT address manually with:

Code:
    su
    bdaddr [new bluetooth address]
    hciconfig hci0 reset
    Both commands execute fine and claim to do as told, but the BT address doesn't change -- not right away, nor after BT disable/enable, nor after reboot. I would be happy if these commands worked, even if lost on reboot or BT disable, as they could be scripted. Unfortunately they don't work -- or I am missing a step to make them work.

3) bdaddr does create a new folder in /data/misc/bluetoothd with the specified name/address (I used my phone's actual MAC address as shown by stock ROM) and creates a config in it (same class as the original one, but no device name.) I tried copying the original config to the new folder, deleting the old folder, and hciconfig reset again (AND BT disable/enable AND reboot), but it always ends up creating a 43:25: D1:00:00:00 folder and using that address.

4) I dug a tiny bit into the source on github. bdaddr_read was the only file I could find that's unique to IHO. It reads the MAC address from service.brcm.bt.mac and saves it to /data/bdaddr (which doesn't exist on my phone, but maybe it's just a temporary file). I presume bdaddr and the service are plain Gingerbread or CM, but since this issue exists on other CM phones I guess the problem could lie there.

Seriously guys, I've never coded for Linux, let alone Android. I have to just admit that it would be a gargantuan task for me to try and debug this myself. Or even just figure out the repository

If I can persuade anyone to look into this, I would be most grateful. I am very happy to contribute in any way I can. I was a systems coder 25-30 years ago (and a fairly sought after bug hunting consultant), but without knowing the environment or libraries I don't know how much I could realistically do. Won't stop me from trying though.

Thank you in advance.

On a completely different note: I just have to say what an absolute PLEASURE it is to have my rock solid IHO/MiRaGe phone back after the ZV9 debacle. While it was going on I told myself that it wasn't all that bad. But now, what a difference: It's faster and more solid than ever. Thanks again for that, guys and girls!
    Glenar and Schlidel like this.
    05-13-2012 04:57 PM

Set your browsers user agent to desktop and try downloading from media fire again, it works
    Tejer likes this.
    05-13-2012 04:59 PM
    Set your browsers user agent to desktop and try downloading from media fire again, it works
    You're awesome
    05-13-2012 05:38 PM
    Why is the browser doing that all of a sudden?

sent from my device using XPB ICS Tapatalk 2
    05-13-2012 08:23 PM
    I am going to bring up a bug that was first raised a few months ago: The hardcoded Bluetooth address: Instead of using the phone's unique MAC address, all IHO ROMs use the same fixed address of 43:25: D1:00:00:00.
    I would love to see this fixed. The thread you reference from a couple months back where several others also reported this issue was mine.

If others are experiencing diffuculties due to duplicate bluetooth addresses among their OVs, please chime in to encourage the devs to amend this.

Is the problem baked in by Cyanogen?

I don't know how far up or down the dev tree to climb to leave a note. (I don't even entirely understand the dev hierarchy)
    05-14-2012 02:17 PM
6,009 ... 216217218219220 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD