[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

rb64

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Did you try to "Forget network", reboot your router, then re-add your wifi info?

Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings > find your ssid and press and hold
then select "Forget network"

I'm assuming you already wiped both caches, and "Fix Permissions" in recovery.

i have no idea how to do a logcat i can flash roms all day long but i know nothing adb commands. i can tell you the 7/22 and 7/25 builds work fine, its only the last two builds that drop the wifi

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Did you try to "Forget network", reboot your router, then re-add your wifi info?

Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings > find your ssid and press and hold
then select "Forget network"

I'm assuming you already wiped both caches, and "Fix Permissions" in recovery.
Full wipeon both roms and Ive replaced the router since the problem started. Its actually a better router than the first one.

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you got your wifi to work again.

(If not, then try my suggestion of "forget network".)
I just went back to asop the next build for this one comes out. I guess there's just something with the past two builds that doesn't agree with my phone

Growjunky

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
in this last 7/30 build everything worked so much better camera zoom, ringtones,bluetooth better but still needs improvement also the personal ringtones even works for me and its way smooth. my piont is that if this rom is giving anyone problems its probably user error. thinks for the build jerry, and blarf.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I just went back to asop the next build for this one comes out. I guess there's just something with the past two builds that doesn't agree with my phone

Did u use clockwork? I don't notice wifi issue any more but I'm at work. Will update at like 1 am

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I just reflashed again, i was having the same wifi problem for about ten minutes. i ran a logcat, wifi went out towards the end of the log so i posted the log on pastebin, but ive gone 30 min now and the wifi hasn,t cut out again. Nevermind, it went out while i was writing this.
7/30 wifi issue - Pastebin.com

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
i have no idea how to do a logcat i can flash roms all day long but i know nothing adb commands. i can tell you the 7/22 and 7/25 builds work fine, its only the last two builds that drop the wifi

Grabbing a logcat is very easy. Open Terminal Emulator on your phone, then type the following lines:

su
logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

Then press you home key so you can leave the terminal running.

Once you see the wifi drop, wait for it to reconnect or do whatever you are experiencing, then long press the home key and the press the terminal icon.

Once back in terminal and your keyboard is open, hold the volume_down button and press the letter c on the keyboard to stop the logcat output.

Exit the terminal, and then you will find the logcat.txt file on your sdcard. Go to pastebin.com and copy and paste the logcat output, then post the pastebin link here.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

Did u use clockwork? I don't notice wifi issue any more but I'm at work, will update at 1 am.
Update: still broke

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
no progress on GrooveIP?
v1.2.0 was updated on 7/29, anyone tried this new version with the 7/30 rom?

I've been able to get a single word through on the echo number I test with, took a bunch of troubleshooting settings in GrooveIP to get just that. I am posting another pastebin with these results and the settings I used in the GrooveIP thread.

As Blarf mentioned, it seems to be an issue with Gingerbread on the Optimus V, and if so, that makes it a GrooveIP issue.

Edit: http://pastebin.com/61B7awnc

Last edited:

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Grabbing a logcat is very easy. Open Terminal Emulator on your phone, then type the following lines:

su
logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

Then press you home key so you can leave the terminal running.

Once you see the wifi drop, wait for it to reconnect or do whatever you are experiencing, then long press the home key and the press the terminal icon.

Once back in terminal and your keyboard is open, hold the volume_down button and press the letter c on the keyboard to stop the logcat output.

Exit the terminal, and then you will find the logcat.txt file on your sdcard. Go to pastebin.com and copy and paste the logcat output, then post the pastebin link here.
I didnt go through the terminal i used an app off the market (alogcat). I let it run for a minute untill i had the issue again then turned it off when tthe wifi connected, either way here's the link to that log

7/30 wifi issue - Pastebin.com

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I installed Backside yesterday (7/30 build) and have been using wifi without any problems. The market works fine, downloads from third party sites, and general surfing. I have yet to have any disconnects or connection issues.

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jerry I apologize for ridiculing this rom I let it settle for a day and now its running smooth, great rom :)

Sent from my Optimus V

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol