09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 224225226227228 ...
tools
    This has to be something virgins system adds when converting your text to email. I see no way in messaging app or on phone to edit this.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-24-2012 03:01 PM
    Can someone help me change the default signature that is displayed when I send a text to email. The current signature is: "Sent from my mobile. Enjoy". I am using the backside ROM and I am not using a 3rd party messaging app. Thanks
    if its yahoo mail,try deleting the signature they allow you to change. they could be inserting it after it reaches the inbox.

edit: also,if it persists(which i think it will because you are sending from your phone number directly to mail) try using a 3rd party mail app like k-9 and just copy/paste texts,etc to it and send to your account. other than those options i dont believe the mobile signature can be removed.
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    05-24-2012 03:23 PM
    Thanks for the input, I will try a 3rd party app to see if that can take care of it.
    05-24-2012 03:43 PM
    I have question concerning Bobzhome's 5-20 build. Now I believe I've flashed one of his earlier builds before without noticing this. I have an ex4 partition on my sdcard and when I flashed Bob's newest build I noticed I had way too much room left after restoring my apps. So I did a df -h and lo an behold my data/app and dalvich cache are on it. Now I don't recall flashing any link2sd scripts. Sorry if this is obvious noob but is this normal? Thanks in advance. I read his changelog and I seen where starting with his 3.7 kernel that there was support for link2sd but I assumed you had to manualy ad script. Anyway it is an unexpected plus!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for reminding me!
    I did add a script to move apps and dalvik to your EXT partition(if you have one).
    It's needed with ICS, because of ICS eating up so much space...so I added it to my GB ROM, so that I could also access my apps.
    dobbs69, thewraith420 and faheyd like this.
    05-24-2012 06:06 PM
    Do they have any noteworthy features in RC3?
    05-24-2012 06:50 PM
    Thanks for reminding me!
    I did add a script to move apps and dalvik to your EXT partition(if you have one).
    It's needed with ICS, because of ICS eating up so much space...so I added it to my GB ROM, so that I could also access my apps.
    I might have to take your rom for a spin for this feature alone thanks :-) any plans on including the backside updater in your rom?

05-24-2012 08:05 PM
    I might have to take your rom for a spin for this feature alone thanks :-) any plans on including the backside updater in your rom?

Jerry did generously offer the IHO builders the use of his updater...but I declined since I don't see many more builds coming from CM7.2
    05-25-2012 07:44 AM
    Jerry did generously offer the IHO builders the use of his updater...but I declined since I don't see many more builds coming from CM7.2
    Your probably right about there not being a lot more updates to cm7.2 it still would be a convenient way to switch between builds.... The more roms that use it would make it almost like rom manager but better and just for the ov.

05-25-2012 08:41 AM
    BobZhome, your latest ROM is causing my phone to reboot, it is not all the time and it is not frequently, I will say once a day, I like your ROM by the way. Lately I having issues using my phone at work loosing the signal and yours fixed that. I moved to Harmonia which also is very stable at work. Just wanted you to know.
    05-25-2012 12:08 PM
    BobZhome, your latest ROM is causing my phone to reboot, it is not all the time and it is not frequently, I will say once a day, I like your ROM by the way. Lately I having issues using my phone at work loosing the signal and yours fixed that. I moved to Harmonia which also is very stable at work. Just wanted you to know.
    Of course I'll leave it to Bob to provide a definitive response to this.

But with something like this, the first thing I would try is disable any overclock for a day or two (or drop it to 480-600). If that solves it, you KNOW with great certainty that your current clock speed exceeds the phone's tolerance and to drop it a notch or two. (Of course if you're not OC'ed, just ignore this post).

Many people seem to believe that certain ROMs allow their phones to OC faster, because they don't reboot or otherwise visibly misbehave. Reality is the phone's OC tolerance is purely based on individual hardware, and no ROM can change that on a hardware level.

It is true that some ROMs may run the phone harder (and hotter) and thus trigger errors. The harder a CPU works, the more power it draws, the hotter it gets and the less stable it becomes. The same would be true with some apps. But mostly, it is complete coincidence whether an OC triggered CPU error causes one ROM to FC or reboot, while another ROM gets by without noticeable problems. The error was still there regardless on both ROMs (given the same clockspeed, temperature etc).

The exception is when the CPU shuts down to protect itself from frying, that is NOT a coincidence

At least this is how computers work, I assume these phones are the same.

I am not suggesting you shouldn't overclock (I OC both my phone and my computers). But whenever I install a new ROM, I disable overclock while I perform basic tests, until I see that it is stable. Otherwise I don't know if I am testing the ROM or my OC. Similarly, I disable OC when I perform backups and other data sensitive tasks -- say, downloading a flashable zip for which I don't have an MD5.

Once again, just disregard this if you aren't overclocked or already tried disabling it. I've been on this soapbox before, and the message wasn't very popular, so I'd better step down :o
    BobZhome likes this.
    05-25-2012 02:27 PM
    Is random freezing leading to rebooting 1-3 times a day normal for other BACKside users? I have 0502 and this happens. :/
    05-25-2012 06:50 PM
    Is random freezing leading to rebooting 1-3 times a day normal for other BACKside users? I have 0502 and this happens. :/
    Not particularly...

Try a lower clock speed?
    05-25-2012 06:53 PM
    Most likely this is due to the ics screen rotations. Go into settings-cyanogenmod settings-display and uncheck rotation animations then reboot

05-25-2012 07:10 PM
    Note I have an updater in progress, should be released in the next week or two. It does rdiff updates and I expect typical iho deltas to be under 10mb. I would hope that makes it worth while.
    05-26-2012 12:12 AM
    I have update the IHO Binary.
    Most of the changes are at the kernel level, I change how the CPU is sampled and updated to the zv9 drivers, this has made I feel my kernel more zippy.
    thewraith420, mrg666 and Raul720 like this.
    05-26-2012 03:10 PM
    Thanks for reminding me!
    What would be a good size EXT partition on a 2GB sd card? 512MB or 1GB ?
    Thanks for the help!
    Dylan
    05-26-2012 11:55 PM
    What would be a good size EXT partition on a 2GB sd card? 512MB or 1GB ?
    Thanks for the help!
    Dylan
    512. You still want room for pics, music, backupts etc....

sent from my Nokia 5110
    05-27-2012 12:03 AM
    My battery life is AMAZING!

Frankensteined Optimus V Running IHO Mirage. If I break & fix it again, I am renaming it to Mumm-Ra The Ever Living!
    cole2kb and kcls like this.
    05-27-2012 01:28 AM
    I don't really watch this thread much, so I have no idea why that is happening to you but I laughed really hard at it, lol.
    05-27-2012 01:47 AM
    I don't really watch this thread much, so I have no idea why that is happening to you but I laughed really hard at it, lol.
    Just a glitch. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but it was funny.

Frankensteined Optimus V Running IHO Mirage. If I break & fix it again, I am renaming it to Mumm-Ra The Ever Living!
    05-27-2012 01:49 AM
    My battery life is AMAZING!

That is probably uptime overflow. I think there was a fix in the Linux kernel repo. Let me include it in the next build. It will be normal after reboot. How long has it been since your last boot?

Edit: The link to the uptime overflow fix: https://github.com/mrg666/android_ke...3ccb06fbaeee1c

I hope this resolves the problem but testing is not easy.
    05-27-2012 05:53 AM
    That is probably uptime overflow. I think there was a fix in the Linux kernel repo. Let me include it in the next build. It will be normal after reboot. How long has it been since your last boot?

Edit: The link to the uptime overflow fix: https://github.com/mrg666/android_ke...3ccb06fbaeee1c

I hope this resolves the problem but testing is not easy.
    Reboot didn't fix it. I reboot often. I did just start using link2sd and tried the quick reboot feature.

I am recharging now. It should correct itself once fully charged.

05-27-2012 10:55 AM
    I have uploaded the 05272012 build of MiRaGe to the IHO Wiki.
    - Synced with the CM repo.
    - added a kernel fix for uptime overflow in the kernel after a recent report
    - added a Cyanbread_light theme by default to replace the orange highlights with cyan/blue that matches with the recent Google Play apps
    - replaced /system/etc/gps.conf with a configuration that helps with my weak GPS

The Cyanbread_light theme is a modification of the default Cyanbread theme in CM7. I have reduced its size from 3.6MB to 0.6MB and improved/changed some icons. The impact on the system performance should be minimal this way. It only changes the default orange highlights with cyan/blue to match with the recent Google Play apps (store, books, etc.). If the Cyanbread_light is not activated by default you can do it in Theme Chooser. You can also revert back to the original System theme the same way. The source code of the modified theme is here.

The same ROM modified for Verizon Network is also available here. MD5sum: f847388dc9d4d3f9707923cdc8530efb

As always thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, gannon5197, tvall, bigsupersquid, Whyzor, Earthnfire78, and all of the CM team.
    05-27-2012 10:58 AM
    Sweet. I know what I'm doing later.

05-27-2012 11:34 AM
    Thanks for reminding me!
    So, in linux MINT, I used GPARTED to reduce the fat32 partition and added on an ext4 partition of 512MB.
    I factory resetted the phone from the recovery. After installing BobZhome's latest, and gapps, it does not use the ext4 partition.
    In case I did something wrong, I went back and used the minitool partition app instead of linux, and redid the ext4 partition on the SD card. Went back and manually did the partitions on the device in recovery. Reinstalled latest Bobz, and gapps. Still, it does not want to put anything on the ext4 partition on the SD card.
    I am fairly fluent in the ways of Linux and partitions.

Am I doing something wrong on the install side?
    05-27-2012 12:59 PM
6,009 ... 224225226227228 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD