[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
what will the raiod image do for me???

Not much if you can't spell radio correctly :)

But you don't want to mess with radio images. For the average user, they'll mess up your phone quite badly, and won't do any good for you.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

Reactions: gantz32

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Running baclside any reason the weather portion of weather and news does not work? No fc or anything, i just can't set a location. Tbh hasn't worked in quite some time. Lol. May meed a fresh wipe for fix. But idk.

Sent from your mom's phone.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Running baclside any reason the weather portion of weather and news does not work? No fc or anything, i just can't set a location. Tbh hasn't worked in quite some time. Lol. May meed a fresh wipe for fix. But idk.

I use the News & Weather app too, and often it takes several attempts to get the weather location to work, but eventually it always does (so long as there is a network connection available at the time). ;)

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
When i read your post i went back to try and try again(i have been doing this for at least 2 months, never really wanted to fully wipe to see if it would fix it) and ill be damned, worked first try.

The wonders of technology and its struggle to test your patience. Lol

Thanks Jerry!

Reactions: JerryScript

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I use the News & Weather app too, and often it takes several attempts to get the weather location to work, but eventually it always does (so long as there is a network connection available at the time). ;)

I never liked the News & Weather app. I use BeWeather (free on GetJar) and US Newspapers, both apps work very well on both IHO and Quattrimus. BeWeather has a very nice set of widgets, I always have one on my home screen.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I never liked the News & Weather app. I use BeWeather (free on GetJar) and US Newspapers, both apps work very well on both IHO and Quattrimus. BeWeather has a very nice set of widgets, I always have one on my home screen.

To me its already within the rom, works for what i want it to, and it is simple. :beer:

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
^^
It's only two weeks ago I tried to pair my wife's phone and mine in order to transfer files (H2 and Mirage, respectively). And I couldn't, it seemed to mix up the two phone addresses.

I thought it was just me not understanding and appreciating the wonderful delicacies of Bluetooth pairing (or I would have reported it). But there is no doubt these identical addresses were the problem.

Definitely a bug there. Thanks for pointing it out.

wd5gnr

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Bobzhome's version for some time. Upgraded lately and had tons of Wifi connect problems. Reinstalled several times.

It appears that I am seeing this issue:
Issue 1735 - cyanogenmod - DNS not set for static IP wifi connections - CyanogenMod Android ROM - Google Project Hosting

The connection is fine, but even though resolv.conf is ok, no DNS. Doing a setprop on net.dns1 gets it working.

Not sure if there is a better place to mention this or not, or if it is something peculiar to my setup.

Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, that issue has been marked as fixed for over a year and a half now. And the fixes are part of CM, so it's part of IHO.

Could you post a logcat?

Basilisk

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
First Issue: I've had to pull the battery 3 times in the 5 days I've run the 2/19 ROM & GM Theme
It's not dead or frozen, it just won't respond properly to certain button presses or screen touches. Eg: I couldn't get out of a program back into LauincherPro from the Home button; I couldn't expand the status line (pulling it down); once, it seemed to want to display the login-by-swipe-pattern but would immediately flick into a non-responsive LauncherPro; another time I couldn't resume playing an audio book in MortPlayer (the resume screen icon didn't work). As I don't see anyone else mentioning this, so I presume the "fix" is to just reload 2/19. Note: I did clear both caches when I upgraded from an early December version. I've been running your ROMs since around June, and this is a new problem for me.​

Second issue: I have a terrible time getting from an active process on the screen (say, MortPlayer or Godville) to Answer a phone call.
This has been a fairly long term problem, and, yes, I feel moronic for having it! I would think that in the worst case I should be able to press Home (to get LauncherPro), enter the Phone app and finally press the Phone icon, but it often takes many presses to get a response and it often takes so long I have to call the person back! This can't be a problem Everyone faces, but it's a major aggravation.​

Perhaps it will address both issues if I switch to ADW instead of LauncherPro, but I do prefer the LP layout.

Setting the moaning aside: these ROMs have been impressively stable and valuable. Thanks again for all the work!

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
First Issue: I've had to pull the battery 3 times in the 5 days I've run the 2/19 ROM & GM Theme
It's not dead or frozen, it just won't respond properly to certain button presses or screen touches. Eg: I couldn't get out of a program back into LauincherPro from the Home button; I couldn't expand the status line (pulling it down); once, it seemed to want to display the login-by-swipe-pattern but would immediately flick into a non-responsive LauncherPro; another time I couldn't resume playing an audio book in MortPlayer (the resume screen icon didn't work). As I don't see anyone else mentioning this, so I presume the "fix" is to just reload 2/19. Note: I did clear both caches when I upgraded from an early December version. I've been running your ROMs since around June, and this is a new problem for me.​

Second issue: I have a terrible time getting from an active process on the screen (say, MortPlayer or Godville) to Answer a phone call.
This has been a fairly long term problem, and, yes, I feel moronic for having it! I would think that in the worst case I should be able to press Home (to get LauncherPro), enter the Phone app and finally press the Phone icon, but it often takes many presses to get a response and it often takes so long I have to call the person back! This can't be a problem Everyone faces, but it's a major aggravation.​

Perhaps it will address both issues if I switch to ADW instead of LauncherPro, but I do prefer the LP layout.

Setting the moaning aside: these ROMs have been impressively stable and valuable. Thanks again for all the work!

Same problem as first issue with my wife's phone on 2.19. Very odd. I pulled her battery and rebooted. No change. still unresponsive.

*edit* swapped out the boot image and reflashed the ROM. Touchscreen is working, but I think the problem lies in the driver(s). Touches land in the wrong place. I had to revert to an old build from Mrg666 to get the phone recovered. This definitely needs looking into. I have the "first gen" phone.

sent from my ASUS Transformer running modded ICS using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol