09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 226227228229230 ...
tools
    So, I'm on BACKside 0502 CM7.2 with ICS 4.0 theme. Brilliant. The only issue is in the notifications dropdown area, the notification box is black and the text of the notification is black as well, so I can't read the notification I get and all I see is a black box. This happens on all the ICS themes I've tried from online downloads and from the Market. Trying to figure out how to fix this, and any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks again.

I believe you have to go into to setting a change that yourself. Personally I was annoyed by that and many other tweaks in backside and went back to Mirage by Mrg666.

Frankensteined Optimus V Running IHO Mirage. If I break & fix it again, I am renaming it to Mumm-Ra The Ever Living!
    05-29-2012 01:24 PM
    Sorry Mrg666, it didn't work. It never happened before starting to use Link2SD. Possibly related to that? Other than that its solid and smooth.

Frankensteined Optimus V Running IHO Mirage. If I break & fix it again, I am renaming it to Mumm-Ra The Ever Living!
    That was the only fix I could try What can I say, enjoy your awesome battery life

Let me see if there is something wrong on the Android side. BTW, can you check your uptime in the status screen and post here?
    05-29-2012 01:25 PM
    That was the only fix I could try What can I say, enjoy your awesome battery life

Let me see if there is something wrong on the Android side. BTW, can you check your uptime in the status screen and post here?
    My uptime is just over an hour. 1:02:25
    05-29-2012 01:42 PM
    I believe you have to go into to setting a change that yourself. Personally I was annoyed by that and many other tweaks in backside and went back to Mirage by Mrg666.

:O What settings would that be?!
    05-29-2012 01:54 PM
    @Mrg

Little bit of an issue and not sure if it rom/kernel or something with my phone. I was trying to download a large file earlier from my phone via wifi... 101mb

My phone didn't like that at all and got very sluggish and unresponsive. Even had to pull battery once as screen timed out and wouldn't wake up. Tried dolphin and opera and had issue with both although opera didn't seem as bad.

Been fine since I quit trying to get file. Anyone else wanna check it out. Newest build and kernel with link2sd and ext4 partition. No OC

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-29-2012 02:42 PM
    [Theme] Ice Cream Sandwich for CM7: v 1.6 Update: 8 New Colors - xda-developers
    I found a fix for the Black Text on Black Notifications here, but I don't know how to apply the zip!! Please help. D:
    05-29-2012 02:50 PM
    @Mrg

Little bit of an issue and not sure if it rom/kernel or something with my phone. I was trying to download a large file earlier from my phone via wifi... 101mb

My phone didn't like that at all and got very sluggish and unresponsive. Even had to pull battery once as screen timed out and wouldn't wake up. Tried dolphin and opera and had issue with both although opera didn't seem as bad.

Been fine since I quit trying to get file. Anyone else wanna check it out. Newest build and kernel with link2sd and ext4 partition. No OC
    I just downloaded a 119MB file from Github using Dolphin. There were no problems. Please post a link if you want me to try that specific download.

My uptime is just over an hour. 1:02:25
    So kernel uptime is fine. Let's see what else can it be.
    kwknott likes this.
    05-29-2012 03:37 PM
    Can anybody help me apply the fix .zip for the ICS theme?!?!?!
    05-29-2012 03:39 PM
    OKAY! I figured it out. The instructions are as follows:
    "Put the xml in the right location in the framework-res.apk using Winzip or something. Then either push it to your phone or put in your ROM and flash it again."
    Now, I'm not familiar with xml editing, so I'm going to need some help (I know, who knew, right? )...
    But at least now I know exactly what I have to do!!
    05-29-2012 04:15 PM
    I just downloaded a 119MB file from Github using Dolphin. There were no problems. Please post a link if you want me to try that specific download.
    Was trying to download the update from Vm's website to put back in my collection.

Thanks for checking! I just got home so I'll try on my home wifi. Maybe it was screwy at work

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2
    05-29-2012 04:28 PM
    Was trying to download the update from Vm's website
    I have just downloaded that using Dolphin and WiFi connection. No problems here.
    kwknott likes this.
    05-29-2012 04:51 PM
    signal bar count in stock froyo vs backside and others in general. stock displays 5 total bars to reach peak signal. yet if my count is right,the roms show 4? which is it? 4 or 5? how do we know what actual bar gain is if there is a conflict in bar count? i personally think stock count is the proper number of bars vs the 4 shown in our roms. like now on froyo im showing 3 bars,but switching to backside shows 2. if froyo shows 2, backside shows 1. seems it isnt only the roms either. gingerbread shows this 1 bar difference vs what stock vm shows. is there a real true standard count the android os should show or is it varied with no industry standard? makes you wonder what the true bar count is when one thing shows zero bars and yet your signal is working and another shows one or two bars.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    05-29-2012 05:14 PM
    Okay. I'm just trying to put an xml file in the framework-res.apk. That's all. I honestly have no idea how to decompile apk's, tutorials make no sense to me, I really don't know what I'm doing, and I'm quite frustrated. If any of you have the heart to help a young noob out from step 1, (and it's totally fine if you don't), well, that'd be really nice. I just need to start over and comprehend every little thing I need to do to complete the task of putting an xml file in the framework-res.apk starting from Square One. This is on BACKside 0502, btw.
    05-29-2012 05:20 PM
    I have just downloaded that using Dolphin and WiFi connection. No problems here.
    Ok everything is now running like it should be. I wiped everything completely and reinstalled everything and even repartitioned and reformatted the sdcard. Phone is now running great with no more issues while downloading.

Thanks for checking everything out for me so I could narrow it down to my phone.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2
    05-29-2012 06:51 PM
    Sorry Mrg666, it didn't work. It never happened before starting to use Link2SD. Possibly related to that? Other than that its solid and smooth.

I had the same thing happen after about 36 hours on the new kernel. Rebooted into recovery and wiped battery stats then fully charged phone. Seems to have fixed the battery display issue. I would, however, like to know what caused it. I didn't take a screen shot, but if I remember right it showed time on battery of 11832 days also.
    05-29-2012 07:57 PM
    @ Mrg666, I was wondering if you are going to include the automatic A2SD with ext4 partition in your upcoming build. It seems, that feature is growing in popularity and is also very useful. Again, I'm just wondering, not suggesting.
    05-29-2012 08:10 PM
    I had the same thing happen after about 36 hours on the new kernel. Rebooted into recovery and wiped battery stats then fully charged phone. Seems to have fixed the battery display issue. I would, however, like to know what caused it. I didn't take a screen shot, but if I remember right it showed time on battery of 11832 days also.
    It was happening before the new kernel. It might not even be related to the kernel since the fix in the new kernel was supposed to fix it. I am not sure what is causing it since I cannot reproduce yet.

@ Mrg666, I was wondering if you are going to include the automatic A2SD with ext4 partition in your upcoming build. It seems, that feature is growing in popularity and is also very useful. Again, I'm just wondering, not suggesting.
    I have not paid really attention since I don't personally have any problem with using Link2SD. Let me check it out first.
    RT78 likes this.
    05-29-2012 10:44 PM
    @mrg666: I know it's a bit late to respond, but I finally got around to backing up my SD card tonight and flashing your new kernel (over MiRaGe 05/27, wiped cache & dalvik before).

During initial testing, I actually DID have a few minor issues with Gallery and JustPictures (my preferred Gallery replacement). But I couldn't say with certainty that they had anything to do with the kernel or were caused by some new photos and screendumps I made earlier today. Deleting my DCIM thumbnails and the JustPictures cache cleared it.

Everything else was running fine on this first test. I'll keep running it and let you know what I find. I really think those DCIM issues were unrelated.

No sd-ext partition on my sdcard, just plain old FAT on the stock 2GB card.
    05-29-2012 10:51 PM
    I'm using link2sd with an ext3 partition. Anyone know what is still left behind by link2sd? Just miscellaneous files for apps? Curious why they can't be linked also.

At my current rate, I have roughly 600Mb used on my ext partition and ~60Mb internal used. So maybe around 2gig of apps before internal mem maxes out with no room for app cache, sound about right? I just bought a new 16Gb sandisk picked especially for random read write performance. Looking to pack as much as I can on it before internal memory limitations prevent going further. (I made the biggest size partition CWM recovery would do, ~3.5 gig)

So far we can move apk, dalvik cache, library files... Any other methods for linking all the misc. files left behind by link2sd? Possible? Silly?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    05-30-2012 05:29 AM
    Guyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys. I SERIOUSLY need help. Pleeeease. Does anyone have it in their hearts to help out a little noob? I made a thread in the Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks section. Please check it out. My phone is seriously broken and I NEED to fix it. Please. Come on.
    05-30-2012 08:52 AM
    I flashed this the other day on my wifes OV. Its looks good. Only issue I was having is FCs especially on screen rotations, or wake after sleep. The screen hangs up and does not refresh. Have to remove the battery to reset. Anyone else see this?
    05-30-2012 01:22 PM
    I've made some great mistakes in regards to open sourceness and have spent the last three days fixing those mistakes, and I own an apology to mrg666 as he was effected by those mistakes.

That is the reason I took down the download links for OM, but it is back now and has been updated on the binary

Again mrg666 I'm sorry.
    05-30-2012 02:34 PM
    I've made some great mistakes in regards to open sourceness and have spent the last three days fixing those mistakes, and I own an apology to mrg666 as he was effected by those mistakes.

That is the reason I took down the download links for OM, but it is back now and has been updated on the binary

Again mrg666 I'm sorry.
    No problem. I am happy to see you back in production.
    LeslieAnn and EarthnFire78 like this.
    05-30-2012 08:02 PM
    I've been having some random rebooting issues. Should I reflash, or is there a fix of some sort?
    05-31-2012 11:24 AM
    Thanks for reminding me!
    I did add a script to move apps and dalvik to your EXT partition(if you have one).
    It's needed with ICS, because of ICS eating up so much space...so I added it to my GB ROM, so that I could also access my apps.
    Hey bob, can you post the kernel flashable zip so I can use it with BACKside? It's the only kernel that allows me to overclock without my phone crashing
    05-31-2012 11:35 AM
6,009 ... 226227228229230 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD