[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Will do soon. I assume you want to see the time around a WiFi connect?

Logcat will output everything since the phone booted. So please reboot the phone, give it a chance to fully boot up, then start logcat and perform whatever actions give you issues, then stop the logcat. Post the full logcat to pastebin.com and then post the URL here. Thanks! ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
First Issue: I've had to pull the battery 3 times in the 5 days I've run the 2/19 ROM & GM Theme
It's not dead or frozen, it just won't respond properly to certain button presses or screen touches. Eg: I couldn't get out of a program back into LauincherPro from the Home button; I couldn't expand the status line (pulling it down); once, it seemed to want to display the login-by-swipe-pattern but would immediately flick into a non-responsive LauncherPro; another time I couldn't resume playing an audio book in MortPlayer (the resume screen icon didn't work). As I don't see anyone else mentioning this, so I presume the "fix" is to just reload 2/19. Note: I did clear both caches when I upgraded from an early December version. I've been running your ROMs since around June, and this is a new problem for me.​

Second issue: I have a terrible time getting from an active process on the screen (say, MortPlayer or Godville) to Answer a phone call.
This has been a fairly long term problem, and, yes, I feel moronic for having it! I would think that in the worst case I should be able to press Home (to get LauncherPro), enter the Phone app and finally press the Phone icon, but it often takes many presses to get a response and it often takes so long I have to call the person back! This can't be a problem Everyone faces, but it's a major aggravation.​

Perhaps it will address both issues if I switch to ADW instead of LauncherPro, but I do prefer the LP layout.

Setting the moaning aside: these ROMs have been impressively stable and valuable. Thanks again for all the work!

There have been one or two reports somewhat similar to yours, but with over 2000 downloads of the 2/19 build, it's hard to imagine it's a ROM issue.

The one issue that may be cause your troubles is the ICS screen rotation animations. They are buggy, and DIane Hackborn of the AOSP team has pushed a fix to CM that I'll be including in this weeks build. I would have had it up yesterday, but there's a bug in a new feature I'm introducing that I haven't worked out, hopefully it will be up tomorrow.

Till then, go into Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>Display>>ICS rotation animations (uncheck ;))

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Leap Year build of BACKside-IHO is up, you only get these once every 4 years, so hurry! ;)

Download via the BacksideUpdater

or

BACKside-IHO-VM670-02292012.zip
md5sum c2ea2b99e0bbafedbbdc4be039550ba2

GreenMachineTheme-02292012.zip

Changes:
--Synced with CM
--3 fixes from AOSP for screen freezes
--Lots of little background changes like translations etc
--Frameworks for fingerprint unlock added but not functional yet
--Added ability to crop selected image for use as the notification dropdown background
--Cleaned up a bunch of leftover code and debugging

The new method for picking an image for use as the notification dropdown background only currently works with apps that support cropping (galleries and some file managers and some other apps). So long as the app has registered a receiver for the ACTION_GET_CONTENT intent, it should be an available option for selecting an image. As always, reboot or use Notification Restart from the market to make your changes appear. ;)
Note- Currently it only appears as if galleries will work with the cropping.

As always, thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, LeslieAnn, tdm, kermikalelite, Whyzor, bigsupersquid, the CM team, the AOSP team especially Dianne Hackborn, and many many more! ;)

Last edited:

OppyV

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Working beautifully for me so far!
Leap Year build of BACKside-IHO is up, you only get these once every 4 years, so hurry! ;)

or

Changes:
--Synced with CM
--Added ability to crop selected image for use as the notification dropdown background

The new method for picking an image for use as the notification dropdown background only currently works with apps that support cropping (galleries and some file managers and some other apps). So long as the app has registered a receiver for the ACTION_GET_CONTENT intent, it should be an available option for selecting an image. As always, reboot or use Notification Restart from the market to make your changes appear. ;)

As always, thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, LeslieAnn, tdm, kermikalelite, Whyzor, bigsupersquid, the CM team, the AOSP team especially Dianne Hackborn, and many many more! ;)

OppyV

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Actually i'm still having screen rotation problems, but only when using Google Music... is there maybe an app or way to force orientation inside an app? I want to force it into landscape mode...

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually i'm still having screen rotation problems, but only when using Google Music... is there maybe an app or way to force orientation inside an app? I want to force it into landscape mode...

You can't force landscape in google music without forcing it for the whole system, unless of course there's a setting in google music, which to my knowledge there isn't.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site

or

Changes:
--Synced with CM

Wait a second, fingerprint unlock? What would that be used for on out phones? We don't have a fingerprint scanner!

celestelugo0

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

Last night i decided to backup my current rom (Jerry's iho) and go test out i.c.s. well when i finished and went to flash back to my backup my phone reboots and i see the lg boot logo and then my phone restarts and sends me back into recovery. Did I do something wrong? I've never had this issue before, i just dont understand??? Anyone have any ideas? btw, i restored the backup before the last one and it worked, only thing is im missing some apps. I was so happy with jerry's new rom, i should have just left it alone, :(.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing last night... I think its because of files that ics puts on the phone... I ended up going into recovery>full wipe and format>format sdcard>eject sdcard while in recovery>use sdcard reader to move my sdcard backup from pc to card>reinsert sdcard into phone>flash as usual... good to go...

Last edited:

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
@Jerry, My phone randomly freezes during something still, no ICS rotations, I use Portrait mode all the time, so I don't know what caused it. Happened 3 times today during txting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay