09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 233234235236237 ...
tools
    So, I don't see anyone saying anything but I had an issue this afternoon. I flashed new build from mgr this morning and everything seemed fine. I was on wifi all morning working flawless. But when I left for work, I lost data connection? I tried the airplane dance, nothing helped. I was finally forced to revert back to my backup and it works now fine obviously since I'm posting.
    was there any changes that I missed in the new build that could have caused this?
    Btw, I've noticed my data connection getting gradually slower in my area. I'm still on the ZV4 radio. I've debated updating, but looks like a lot of issues.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-11-2012 04:28 PM
    Could Jerry be next after thekraven a very sad day for Android............

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm sure we all can agree that we owe Jerry and his team a big debt of gratitude & a well earned vacation by now! If he's taken up playing with the Elite, then that will be the next "phone to have"! Question though...how perfect can a dev make the OV really? Is Backside IHO gone as far as it really can?. Maybe only Jerry knows for sure. I wish him luck & a fridge of cold ones.
    clodfelterac likes this.
    06-11-2012 08:35 PM
    When the triumph came out we lost some important devs, things settled down for a month or two and then we got IHO from Blarfie. Things exploded after that. As things settled we got ICS from TDM, then Gannon went on a porting frenzy.

You guys have it in your heads that just because a dev stops that the roms become useless. We still have people using Rodimus! What works now will work a year from now. Has the OV passed it's prime? Probably, bu we also thought that when the Triumph came out, and yet look where things are now. Better than ever. It comes in waves, as some devs burn out or leave, others take over, you have already seen a few new ones start.

Ilikechicken123, Anthonycr, EarthnFire78 and Cammycool have all picked up the torch and are getting going. It's just cycling. Some will burn out fast, some new ones will also take over. At this point, so long as there are a handful of people using this phone, someone will be doing something for it. Phones with good support take a LONG time to fade out.

Don't count Jerry out, I am pretty sure he will still keep making stuff for this phone.
    I'm scaling back a bit, but I'll still support my roms.

I would like to get Harmonia 1 working like it should, if possible, then semi-retire it. I also want to get Rhode nailed down, which will pretty much eliminate some of the need for Harmonia 1. As for Harmonia 2, I will probably keep it going for a while. I'm also considering a guide to show exactly how I do it, so maybe others will carry the torch.

Regardless, there is no need to panic, it's not like things will stop.
    06-11-2012 10:17 PM
    Ilikechicken123, Anthonycr, EarthnFire78 and Cammycool have all picked up the torch and are getting going.
    That is one of the reasons that I'm trying to get the Windows build tool thingy going, but getting something like working is proving problematic, and limited to what is available.

Building on Linux is a hell-of-lot easier then what many people think it is, and I must say debugging code makes the nerd in me happy. Plus the V is a great phone, and well probably last another year, and some of us that are developing now well still be here, or over at VMroms.
    notown and mlson like this.
    06-11-2012 11:58 PM
    So, I don't see anyone saying anything but I had an issue this afternoon. I flashed new build from mgr this morning and everything seemed fine. I was on wifi all morning working flawless. But when I left for work, I lost data connection? I tried the airplane dance, nothing helped. I was finally forced to revert back to my backup and it works now fine obviously since I'm posting.
    was there any changes that I missed in the new build that could have caused this?
    Btw, I've noticed my data connection getting gradually slower in my area. I'm still on the ZV4 radio. I've debated updating, but looks like a lot of issues.
    I've been using the latest mirage build for a few days and its been excellent.

I've been running Car Home Ultra and Pandora in the car, GPS/Bluetooth/3G/magnometer/CPU intensive. Its been running great.

The only thing keeping it from 100% perfect in my mind is the accelerometer responsiveness issue.(lot of neat games are unplayable for the most part) But that's in all CM7 ported roms and the fix has eluded all devs.

Long live the OV!

06-12-2012 03:18 AM
    I can try, well have to look and see if the code well allow it.
    thanks it just would be nice to not have to change recoverys to update prl. is cwm green and blue based off the same version cwm as drews cwmt for the OS? might be able to find some clues there... wish i knew a little more or i'd dive in but its all i can do to struggle threw building iho from source much less changeing anything.
    06-12-2012 03:56 AM
    thanks it just would be nice to not have to change recoverys to update prl. is cwm green and blue based off the same version cwm as drews cwmt for the OS? might be able to find some clues there... wish i knew a little more or i'd dive in but its all i can do to struggle threw building iho from source much less changeing anything.
    Have been poring through the code, cause last night I thought about how it would be nice to have CWM-Blue-Recovery with some of the features of Xionia Recovey. I'll hit Drew up on where to add or look for the code.
    06-12-2012 09:46 AM
    Hey folks, I'm having what I believe is a common issue but I haven't been able to find an answer despite much searching. I bought a shiny new 16GB SD card for my Optimus V. I pulled the old one out, put the new one in and figured that I'd format it. So I went to the regular settings menu, hit "Erase SD card." Unfortunately, no "Format SD card" option became available. I am unable to mount the card, and it simply gives the message "SD card safe to remove" in the status bar.

I wiped caches and even performed a factory reset from recovery. I apologize if this has already been asked a million times. Any help would be appreciated.
    06-12-2012 03:56 PM
    Hey folks, I'm having what I believe is a common issue but I haven't been able to find an answer despite much searching. I bought a shiny new 16GB SD card for my Optimus V. I pulled the old one out, put the new one in and figured that I'd format it. So I went to the regular settings menu, hit "Erase SD card." Unfortunately, no "Format SD card" option became available. I am unable to mount the card, and it simply gives the message "SD card safe to remove" in the status bar.

I wiped caches and even performed a factory reset from recovery. I apologize if this has already been asked a million times. Any help would be appreciated.
    Where are you trying to format the card from?

Are you booted to the rom? Which rom?

Are you in recovery? if so, which recovery?
    06-12-2012 04:35 PM
    Where are you trying to format the card from?
    The stock "Settings-->Storage-->

Are you booted to the rom? Which rom?
    IHO Green Machine (CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC1-thunderc_VM670-KANG)

Are you in recovery? if so, which recovery?
    i can boot to cwm-based recovery v4.0.1.5. from there, i attempt to mount /sdcard but get "Error mounting /sdcard!" if i attempt to format, i get:

Code:
    formatting /sdcard...
    error mounting /sdcard!
    skipping format...
    Done.
    06-12-2012 05:19 PM

i can boot to cwm-based recovery v4.0.1.5. from there, i attempt to mount /sdcard but get "Error mounting /sdcard!" if i attempt to format, i get:

Code:
    formatting /sdcard...
    error mounting /sdcard!
    skipping format...
    Done.
    Try format from PC if that doesn't work return it defective
    06-12-2012 07:54 PM

Code:
    formatting /sdcard...
    error mounting /sdcard!
    skipping format...
    Done.
    I have had that happen, but I just had to reboot recovery and it mounted just fine after that

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-12-2012 10:39 PM
    Can someone please give me exact instructions,and apps I need to install a custom rom. Inclued a rom and step by step instruction's,please I really want my phone on cyogenmod I've rooted,no help there please help with the rom installation,thank u.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-12-2012 10:52 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=108282

Read this. It should help. Skip the art about rooting and start with the custom recovery part.
    06-12-2012 11:01 PM
    Can someone please give me exact instructions,and apps I need to install a custom rom. Inclued a rom and step by step instruction's,please I really want my phone on cyogenmod I've rooted,no help there please help with the rom installation,thank u.

Go Straight to the stickies and follow to the T ....DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER! !!!!!!!!!! as for what rom it depends on your needs. cm7 roms like bobzhome, backside, harmonia 2.08, mirage, and torch just ported joyos to the ov which by the way I'm running right now are the most soild to me. Again follow the stickies good luck

06-12-2012 11:08 PM
    Thanks a lot will do.

inceyet likes this.
    06-12-2012 11:08 PM
    When the triumph came out we lost some important devs, things settled down for a month or two and then we got IHO from Blarfie. Things exploded after that. As things settled we got ICS from TDM, then Gannon went on a porting frenzy.

You guys have it in your heads that just because a dev stops that the roms become useless. We still have people using Rodimus! What works now will work a year from now. Has the OV passed it's prime? Probably, bu we also thought that when the Triumph came out, and yet look where things are now. Better than ever. It comes in waves, as some devs burn out or leave, others take over, you have already seen a few new ones start.

Ilikechicken123, Anthonycr, EarthnFire78 and Cammycool have all picked up the torch and are getting going. It's just cycling. Some will burn out fast, some new ones will also take over. At this point, so long as there are a handful of people using this phone, someone will be doing something for it. Phones with good support take a LONG time to fade out.

Don't count Jerry out, I am pretty sure he will still keep making stuff for this phone.
    I'm scaling back a bit, but I'll still support my roms.

I would like to get Harmonia 1 working like it should, if possible, then semi-retire it. I also want to get Rhode nailed down, which will pretty much eliminate some of the need for Harmonia 1. As for Harmonia 2, I will probably keep it going for a while. I'm also considering a guide to show exactly how I do it, so maybe others will carry the torch.

Regardless, there is no need to panic, it's not like things will stop.
    Wow!!! This Android world is another history all in itself!! Quite interesting.
    sellers86 and Ryuk6666 like this.
    06-13-2012 10:35 AM
    So, I have LINK2SD, and everything's great, but 1 issue.
    I updated lots of apps from the Play Store, and lost 20 megs of storage! Help?

06-13-2012 03:45 PM
    Depending on your install setting under manage apps from the phone menu, it may not be linking all your downloaded apps. Open link2sd and set the filter for user apps. Scroll down the list apps and make sure they are all linked. You should also check the auto link setting and make sure all three boxes checked in files to link.
    06-13-2012 09:18 PM
    So, I have LINK2SD, and everything's great, but 1 issue.
    I updated lots of apps from the Play Store, and lost 20 megs of storage! Help?

go in link2sd and relink every thing and clear app up. this usually helps me out.

Encerspay45 likes this.
    06-13-2012 09:20 PM
    go in link2sd and relink every thing and clear app up. this usually helps me out.

As in, moving them back to the phone and linking them again? Cuz that was a pain...

06-14-2012 07:32 AM
    As in, moving them back to the phone and linking them again? Cuz that was a pain...

I keep seeing people using that program and having issues. Currently I'm using S2E. It's the free version. I don't have to move or worry about anything. It just all works. I have 35 programs installed. And still have 21mb used internally.
    Haven't tested using ICS yet, but IHO it's great.

06-14-2012 10:21 AM

go to link2sd and press your phone menu button, select the more option, and when the menu comes up relink every thing clear apps cache

06-14-2012 02:42 PM
    I've been using the latest mirage build for a few days and its been excellent.

I've been running Car Home Ultra and Pandora in the car, GPS/Bluetooth/3G/magnometer/CPU intensive. Its been running great.

The only thing keeping it from 100% perfect in my mind is the accelerometer responsiveness issue.(lot of neat games are unplayable for the most part) But that's in all CM7 ported roms and the fix has eluded all devs.

Long live the OV!

Will you test the fix for accelerometer? You can download the latest kernel from my thread.
    06-15-2012 11:44 AM
    I absolutely will I'm in the process of moving into an apartment, just got done moving boxes in.

I'm about to d/l it and flash.

Holy crap, I didn't know you had another thread going. :o

06-15-2012 05:21 PM
6,009 ... 233234235236237 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD