09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    jerry just a quick note on bugs..i dont know if this has been a problem or reported or not..but i just flashed your newest build and wiped cache multiple times and i cant receive or send both pictures or video..i installed kemikalette's package and everything works fine
    My pix works. Works great.

But when i get vids they have NEVER worked. Ever. Even through stock.

Anyone have any ideas that may get it up and going for vods on this rom. Or just in general.

Sent from my LG-VM670
    08-03-2011 03:33 PM
    [Bug - Backside] Sometimes when scrolling through certain application text, the text will become blocked with white artifact lines (pattern varies on text).

Examples of this include Pulse news sources and Amazon Music (when scrolling through to a song selection, the A through Z pop-ups will be distorted).

Can anyone confirm my finding?
    08-03-2011 03:40 PM
    jerry just a quick note on bugs..i dont know if this has been a problem or reported or not..but i just flashed your newest build and wiped cache multiple times and i cant receive or send both pictures or video..i installed kemikalette's package and everything works fine
    Mine did the same thing on an install with just a cache wipe/ dalvik cache wipe. I re-installed doing a full wipe of data and cache and it is all working now. Try to do a fresh install wiping data and cache and report back.
    08-03-2011 03:43 PM
    Another issue I had and Im going to try and reproduce it later. But using Green power instead of Juice defender I would have to reboot to toggle between wifi and 3g. Used GP on ath3nos for several days and never had the problem. So far Juice Defender is not doing the same thing but I have rebooted several times trying to get my boot animation set. Somehow I managed to delete it. Ill report back tomorrow regarding this.
    Ok this is getting annoying. I dont know what Im doing wrong but same thing happens with Juicedefender. After a bit trying to disable wifi and force 3g on fails and wifi turns itself back on. Rebooted and same thing. This is one of the reasons I didnt like using battery saver apps before on my DX. The ability to override the app is suppose to be there however the app will say screw you ******* Im reverting back to the other way.
    08-03-2011 04:33 PM
    Check your juice defender settings..
    08-03-2011 09:04 PM
    I had problems with Green Power on this ROM as well. It worked great for the first day then it started messing with my WiFi and 3G to the point of not being able to use them. just figured it was Not compatible(designed) with this ROM and deleted it and went to Juice Defender.
    08-03-2011 09:16 PM
    Check your juice defender settings..
    I had problems with Green Power on this ROM as well. It worked great for the first day then it started messing with my WiFi and 3G to the point of not being able to use them. just figured it was Not compatible(designed) with this ROM and deleted it and went to Juice Defender.
    Im having the exact same problem with both. Once they disable 3g its impossible to turn it back on. I even deleted/forgot my wifi connection so wifi didnt have anything to connect to. It still turned 3g off and wifi on. Im gonna go with a log cat tomorrow after sitting overnight and see if Blarf can figure it out.
    08-03-2011 09:20 PM
    Ok this is getting annoying. I dont know what Im doing wrong but same thing happens with Juicedefender. After a bit trying to disable wifi and force 3g on fails and wifi turns itself back on. Rebooted and same thing. This is one of the reasons I didnt like using battery saver apps before on my DX. The ability to override the app is suppose to be there however the app will say screw you ******* Im reverting back to the other way.
    Go into green power's setting and turn off wifi management. Then you have full manual control over WIFI. When you turn off WIFI it will force 3G, when you turn it on it forces WIFI.

You can also turn off notifications for wifi so green power doesn't turn orange.

I hate juice defender. Used to love it. I downloaded green power because you mentioned it. I like it.
    Eollie likes this.
    08-03-2011 09:47 PM
    Im having the exact same problem with both. Once they disable 3g its impossible to turn it back on. I even deleted/forgot my wifi connection so wifi didnt have anything to connect to. It still turned 3g off and wifi on. Im gonna go with a log cat tomorrow after sitting overnight and see if Blarf can figure it out.
    I've had similar trouble before. What worked for me was toggling airplane mode, usually it took a few seconds to enter airplane mode. Like something was stuck. But after I took it out of airplane mode 3G would return.

I've had this trouble on all roms.
    notown likes this.
    08-03-2011 09:57 PM
    Actually I was using the aosp version of CWM.

aospCWMod-OV-20110427.img looks like it's available here:

aospCWMod-OV-20110427.img

MD5 checksum = 541a89ec68425a5fa3952fb83e4a284f

Because 'aosp' never publicly released his source I have NO IDEA how this differs from the other CWM posted.
    Wow, I just flashed that recovery and that one seems to work very well. Thanks.
    08-03-2011 10:14 PM
    Would love a slimmed down version without bloat! How does this compare to AOSP?
    notown likes this.
    08-03-2011 11:01 PM
    Would love a slimmed down version without bloat! How does this compare to AOSP?
    You can remove the bloat yourself

Here are all the bloatware that are safe to remove from this ROM after flashing as tested by myself.

rm /system/media/bootanimation.zip
    rm /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg
    rm /system/app/Androidian.apk
    rm /system/app/Calculator.apk
    rm /system/app/CarHomeGoogle.apk
    rm /system/app/CMStats.apk
    rm /system/app/CMWallpapers.apk
    rm /system/app/Cyanbread.apk
    rm /system/app/DSPManager.apk
    rm /system/app/Email.apk
    rm /system/app/FM.apk
    rm /system/app/GenieWidget.apk
    rm /system/app/Gmail.apk
    rm /system/app/GoogleFeedback.apk
    rm /system/app/GooglePartnerSetup.apk
    rm /system/app/LatinImeTutorial.apk
    rm /system/app/LiveWallpapers.apk
    rm /system/app/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
    rm /system/app/MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
    rm /system/app/OneTimeInitializer.apk
    rm /system/app/Protips.apk
    rm /system/app/ThemeChooser.apk
    rm /system/app/ThemeManager.apk
    rm /system/app/Pacman.apk
    rm /system/app/CMUpdateNotify.apk
    rm /system/app/Development.apk
    rm /system/app/VisualizationWallpapers.apk
    08-03-2011 11:30 PM
    I also remove gallery and use quickpics
    arhtard and notown like this.
    08-03-2011 11:36 PM
    I also remove gallery and use quickpics
    i always remove the 3d gallery and use quickpics also, regardless of which rom
    first thing i do after i install titanium
    08-03-2011 11:55 PM
    For those experiencing strange highlighting issues, try disabling surface dithering under cyanogenmod settings >> performance. I don't know if it will help with the highlights, but it should make everything run a bit smoother.

For those having issues with wifi, we are working on it, but for now you might like to try Drew's XioniaRedux kernel. I believe you will have to swap the home/menu keys and change the build.prop and apns.conf files per mmarz's sprint to ov conversion methods.

Currently syncing with IHO source, lots of CM commits and rearranging of the code, should have a new build with gps tweaks and a few other small fixes up tonite. Trying a new build procedure, should cut down the size a bit and will be posting md5 checksums to insure upload/download integrity.
    08-04-2011 12:35 AM
    For those experiencing strange highlighting issues, try disabling surface dithering under cyanogenmod settings >> performance. I don't know if it will help with the highlights, but it should make everything run a bit smoother.

For those having issues with wifi, we are working on it, but for now you might like to try Drew's XioniaRedux kernel. I believe you will have to swap the home/menu keys and change the build.prop and apns.conf files per mmarz's sprint to ov conversion methods.

Currently syncing with IHO source, lots of CM commits and rearranging of the code, should have a new build with gps tweaks and a few other small fixes up tonite. Trying a new build procedure, should cut down the size a bit and will be posting md5 checksums to insure upload/download integrity.
    You just have to do the key swap and that's it, it actually runs very good with this rom, if you use the sprint-ov mod it shows you are using android 2.34 instead of 2.35, Im not sure if it just says you are, or it really downgrades
    JerryScript likes this.
    08-04-2011 12:49 AM
    I think OP means a rom that doesnt require you to flash the rom first to remove the bloat, as stated in the instructions you posted ....

Besides its *easier* for some to install selected bloat ware you want then to guess uninstall everytime you flash a new build .
    08-04-2011 12:56 AM
    As stated in Blarf's OP, this is being kept as close to CyanogenMod 7 as possible. This means building it with the standard CM7 features. I want to insure that my build process doesn't cause users any issues, so tonite's build will be 100% IHO.

Luckily, the source and instructions to build it are freely available. So anyone can build a lightweight version at any time.

You can also remove the apps you don't care for from the zip file before flashing any ROM. Open it as an archive with 7-zip, delete the apps you don't want (careful!), go into the META-INF folder and delete the CERT.RSA CERT.SF and MANIFEST.MF files, then close it. Then use something like android signer to sign it, and then flash as usual.
    08-04-2011 01:30 AM
    Awesome work Blarf! Currently rocking Jerry's build. Thanks for the hard work!
    08-04-2011 02:30 AM
    Latest build is up 08032011, see the first page for download links and changes.
    notown likes this.
    08-04-2011 02:54 AM
    Thanks for the update.... trying it right now !!

But the problem regarding QPST or CDMA Workshop is still present.. With this rom neither software detect the phone... I really hope you can look on that.
    08-04-2011 03:11 AM
    @ jerry did u add V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update7.sh 2 this relese
    08-04-2011 04:40 AM

i tried out drews build, same wifi problem :[ what gives. i dont have this problem via asop or bb
    08-04-2011 05:16 AM
    @ jerry did u add V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update7.sh 2 this relese
    I believe there are no tweaks this build. Fresh CM7 synced goodness. The radio and boot animation are untouched still.
    08-04-2011 05:16 AM
    Wifi still randomly drops every 2 - 5 minutes when using DHCP. I can successfully connect and remain connected to my home network using a static IP. This, however, presents the problem of not being able to use other networks.

XioniaRedux kernel has the same problem for me.
    08-04-2011 07:06 AM
6,009 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD