09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    He's just making it easier to maintain and get coding done. I have an account over xda like many of us here do. When I get an internet connection I will join up at github and bug report there. I might even start my own Rom work based on this source.

It's not a smack in the face. Its an effort to go produce a better product.
    08-04-2011 09:20 PM
    For those that have no problems with this ROM can try my new build. Change-log and links located here: CM7 BobZ - Prepaid Android
    For those that are having problems, please continue to use Jerry's build and reporting problems.

All credit goes to Blarf(the Dev)...please donate to his beer fund!
    Raul720 likes this.
    08-04-2011 09:32 PM
    He's just making it easier to maintain and get coding done. I have an account over xda like many of us here do. When I get an internet connection I will join up at github and bug report there. I might even start my own Rom work based on this source.

It's not a smack in the face. Its an effort to go produce a better product.
    It's a lot easier to meet in one place as opposed to three or four. If he was gonna do any smacking he would not maintain the thread with updates.
    08-04-2011 09:38 PM
    I have the wifi problems and im also using a belkin router n600. i wonder how many of us having this pro blem are using a belkin router?
    I am also using a belkin router. When I am elsewhere that does not use a belkin, i do not notice this problem. Maybe this is not a CM bug so much as a belkin bug?
    08-04-2011 09:48 PM
    I had nothing but troubles with my old Belkin MIMO router, I received it as a gift so I kept trying to use it for months. Nothing would keep a connection, computers, PS3, Wii, my old BlackBerry. I switched to a different router and put dd-wrt on it, and I haven't had an issue since.

Belkin - Bull****
    08-04-2011 10:03 PM
    Well you know, telling us you're going to be more active at xda is like giving androidcentral the middle finger

Sent from my Optimus V
    Nah this would be giving the finger.

However Blarf is just trying to be more efficient. I dont really like how the people at xda are but ya know ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
    08-04-2011 10:16 PM
    I can still return my router, does anyone know if netgear is a better choice
    08-04-2011 10:19 PM
    I had nothing but troubles with my old Belkin MIMO router, I received it as a gift so I kept trying to use it for months. Nothing would keep a connection, computers, PS3, Wii, my old BlackBerry. I switched to a different router and put dd-wrt on it, and I haven't had an issue since.

Belkin - Bull****
    After reading everything about recoveries being a possible WiFi causing issue. I installed CWM 3.0.2.4 then installed the latest build(wiping everything under the sun) hoping this would cure the problem. Rats! I still gotta WiFi issue of some sort, it's not a deal breaker with me. FYI I have a Lynksis router at the house.
    08-04-2011 10:34 PM
    I can still return my router, does anyone know if netgear is a better choice
    Netgear is a great choice, I have had mine for 3 years and no issues, Belkin is bottom of the barrel
    08-04-2011 10:35 PM
    Well you know, telling us you're going to be more active at xda is like giving androidcentral the middle finger

Sent from my Optimus V
    Only one thing I'm going to say about this, then I expect the issue to be dropped.

He said he was going to be more active at XDA, known to be a developer's forum. This is where developers exchange ideas and code to make all ROMs better. It can only bring good results, it is not a smear of AC forums in any way.
    08-04-2011 10:40 PM
    ok so im back to BACKside this is the first time i have used it since Build 07212011 where I found the charging issue. But not it seems to be working just great even custom ringtones and thats a + ty big J
    08-04-2011 10:45 PM
    So wats up with wifi? What does the bug do?
    08-04-2011 10:45 PM
    After flashing asop's recovery (the one that blarf uses) and flashes the latest build. Just about all my issues are gone.

You should always use the same recovery as the dev and maintainer of your Rom. It would have saved me so much time if I had the right one from the start.
    I use the recovery from Rom Manager(the newest CWRM) and It works great
    08-04-2011 10:47 PM
    I use the recovery from Rom Manager(the newest CWRM) and It works great
    Does rom manager still do 3.0.2.1? It worked ok, as long as you don't need to use your partition
    08-04-2011 10:52 PM
    I have the wifi problems and im also using a belkin router n600. i wonder how many of us having this pro blem are using a belkin router?
    I just flashed Build 08032011 today @ work and we have a belkin n300 and it works great. I have a Touchstone Cable Modem @ home and when I try it I will report back
    08-04-2011 10:52 PM
    Only one thing I'm going to say about this, then I expect the issue to be dropped.

He said he was going to be more active at XDA, known to be a developer's forum. This is where developers exchange ideas and code to make all ROMs better. It can only bring good results, it is not a smear of AC forums in any way.
    Fine fine, do your bestest blarfie

Sent from my Optimus V
    08-04-2011 10:55 PM
    For those that have no problems with this ROM can try my new build. Change-log and links located here: CM7 BobZ - Prepaid Android
    For those that are having problems, please continue to use Jerry's build and reporting problems.

All credit goes to Blarf(the Dev)...please donate to his beer fund!
    I will give this a try this weekend
    08-04-2011 10:55 PM
    I just flashed Build 08032011 today @ work and we have a belkin n300 and it works great. I have a Touchstone Cable Modem @ home and when I try it I will report back
    With this build I seem to have less problems with wifi and words with friends. Great work guys. Keep it up.
    08-04-2011 11:20 PM
    I asking had the n300 before I switched to the n600 and everything worked great. On the n600 I'm getting a lot of moments were my connection is incredibly slow so I guess it just different for different routers
    08-04-2011 11:33 PM
    I'm on both forums, so its cool that blarf is sticking to one forum, I don't blame him one bit, we are annoying.
    08-04-2011 11:35 PM
    On drew's rom he added a rom updater through the android settings on the phone, it seems like a good idea, you should check it out jerry
    JerryScript likes this.
    08-04-2011 11:41 PM
    On drew's rom he added a rom updater through the android settings on the phone, it seems like a good idea, you should check it out jerry
    Bob's build looks good too. So many builds now I'm indecisive :/ been using Jerry's exclusively and loving it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    08-04-2011 11:48 PM
    I finally updated to backside and I love it! Even tho it took me a lil longer to get it set up its running pretty smooth now my really only biggest complaint is that I can't get honeycream theme to work with it I dunno if it is my phone specific because I have had weird problems but its only a little sacrifice I haven't had any issues with wifi at all
    08-05-2011 12:31 AM
    Is there a setting to allow ringtones and notifications to sound out from the handset while the headset is plugged in? I forgot to unplug the headset today and missed a couple of calls since I didn't have the headset in my ears. This works fine on froyo based roms.

08-05-2011 12:41 AM
    Is there a setting to allow ringtones and notifications to sound out from the handset while the headset is plugged in? I forgot to unplug the headset today and missed a couple of calls since I didn't have the headset in my ears. This works fine on froyo based roms.

Pull up the cmsettings menu and look under sound, scroll down
    08-05-2011 01:01 AM
6,009 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD